• Mature Hairline

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Case for Worry

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

jellyfish

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey! I'm 20 years old. I have very, VERY thick hair. It's difficult to even trim. I've just began to grow it out 5 months ago, however I noticed some recession at my temples. I've had a mild widows peak shaped hairline for a very long time so I believe it looks more pronounced than other people's cases. Any thoughts on if this is just a mature hairline or if it's well into male pattern baldness? I've been really anxious the past few days and have been too stressed to get out lately.

Attachments

• IMG_4271.JPG
    IMG_4271.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 6,053
  • IMG_4272.JPG
    IMG_4272.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 7,697
  • IMG_4273.JPG
    IMG_4273.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 11,304
  • IMG_4274.JPG
    IMG_4274.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 5,077

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have hairloss, show us a pic of you younger. You hair looks thick and some might not see it but ur temple points are gone and i see recession its just you stil have a strong hairline.

jellyfish

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have hairloss, show us a pic of you younger. You hair looks thick and some might not see it but ur temple points are gone and i see recession its just you stil have a strong hairline.
Unfortunately no good pictures of me younger :( there is for sure temple recession, but with my pronounced peak I can't tell if that's a regular maturing hairline or full blown hair loss.

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairlines just maturing man mine looked like that at birth. Your right temple looks kind of sketchy. If it doesn't change in 6 months you're just maturing

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you guys high? That is straight up male pattern baldness.

Get on Finasteride.
Are you mad or drunk ? I'm getting sick of some people here who say every recession is male pattern baldness because they can't get over being bald themselves.

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@jellyfish Listen dude you have perfect hair don't listen to anyone on here because some of them are ignorant and will make you feel anxious and shitty for nothing. Leave this site now and enjoy your life before you get trapped.

jellyfish

My Regimen
Reaction score
@jellyfish Listen dude you have perfect hair don't listen to anyone on here because some of them are ignorant and will make you feel anxious and shitty for nothing. Leave this site now and enjoy your life before you get trapped.
Hah thank you, yeah I kind of take everything with a grain of salt. I like to think they have the best intentions and just want to see people get help! I hope by the time I do see any MAJOR recession we'll have better treatment available :) thanks for looking out for me man, I seriously appreciate it!

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My uncle with your age had similar hairline and now are bald....but I know many guys who have hairline like yours for many years

So if the next months your hairline start worsing you have male pattern baldness, but if not you just have a mature hairline

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My uncle with your age had similar hairline and now are bald....but I know many guys who have hairline like yours for many years

So if the next months your hairline start worsing you have male pattern baldness, but if not you just have a mature hairline
Your uncle was destined to go bald anyway even if he had god Zeus hair. That doesn't mean the dude is balding.

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your uncle was destined to go bald anyway even if he had god Zeus hair. That doesn't mean the dude is balding.
The kid has a minor receding hairline. Portugal is saying his uncle had the same receding and went bald. He also said he's seen people with a similar hairline hold it for a long time (mature hairline). This kid has minor receding in the temples but it's at a mature hairline right now. He could lose a whole Norwood in a year or it could stay the same for 10 years. The point is there's minor receding. Once again lack of knowledge.

jellyfish

My Regimen
Reaction score
The kid has a minor receding hairline. Portugal is saying his uncle had the same receding and went bald. He also said he's seen people with a similar hairline hold it for a long time (mature hairline). This kid has minor receding in the temples but it's at a mature hairline right now. He could lose a whole Norwood in a year or it could stay the same for 10 years. The point is there's minor receding. Once again lack of knowledge.
The kid has a minor receding hairline. Portugal is saying his uncle had the same receding and went bald. He also said he's seen people with a similar hairline hold it for a long time (mature hairline). This kid has minor receding in the temples but it's at a mature hairline right now. He could lose a whole Norwood in a year or it could stay the same for 10 years. The point is there's minor receding. Once again lack of knowledge.[/
I 100% guarantee he never had a straight hairline. He receded about .5 inches in the corners. Up to 3/4 inch is mature hairline.
Yeah, my hairline was never straight. It always angled down to a point. I guess if it advances by .25 I'll go on medication. I'm scheduling a dermatologist appointment this week.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
First off: There is no such thing as a "mature hairline" it's straight up bullshit.

You definitely have male pattern baldness.

Finasteride, ASAP