Is this a good example of a NW1 vs NW2

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Heres an example of a NW1 hairline
cristianoronaldo6footbauu4.jpg

Compared to a NW2 hairline
nick1kt1.jpg

Both have nice hairlines, but I was like born with a Norwood 2 hairline.
The difference between the two is found in the red area in this pic...Ronaldos got it, Lachey doesnt.
nick3se7.jpg

I cant stand those missing temple areas...it may be superficial but its bothered me even before hair loss started. i could never pull off hairstyles some of my friends were able to. can a hair transplant give you a solid nw1 hairline with NO temple angles? i would like have to construct a new hairline on myself if i was ever to get one

s.a.f

Reaction score
The whole point is that like very many people Lachey never had the low straight hairline like Ronaldo.

alkulk

Established Member
Reaction score
If the first hairline is Norwood 1 and the second Norwood 2, then I am Condoleezza.

BobbyChalfont

Established Member
Reaction score
Ronaldos hairline is pretty abnormal. His forhead is so small it's almost impossible to tell where his eyebrows end and his hairline starts.

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I personally think those super-low hairlines with temples compeltely filled in look terrible.

Sean68

Reaction score
id say that was a nw1.5 personally. the other guy not ronaldo obviously.

antonio666

Reaction score
BobbyChalfont said:
Ronaldos hairline is pretty abnormal. His forhead is so small it's almost impossible to tell where his eyebrows end and his hairline starts.
how can you say that ronaldos hair is abnormal,the guy has fantastic hair probably the best i have ever seen

metalheaddude

Reaction score
OP you can't be serious?

These guys are both NW1. Nick Lacey is actually closer to the truth of what a REAL NW1 looks like. Ronaldo is a NW1 also but as some posters said above me he is practically a NW0 (if there is such a thing) his forehead and hairline is so low it actually looks like its going the other way!

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
Ronaldo is from Portugal.... its the latin blood, they all have really thick black hair and Too much of it really, like one poster already said, in some Latin guys and even women you cant tell where the hair strarts and their eyebrows end...

check some latin women out, J-lo for example... very very hairy..

northern europeans, your british, your irish, germans, scandavians, ect... have a less hairy forheads, and i think more likley to go bald. there are acceptions... for example Steven Gerrad, he is a typical British Lad, but an unusually low hairline that would normall see on a Latin guy like ronadlo.... see below....

sgerrard.jpg

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Lachey has actually lost some hair, But he's still got a great hairline, The other guy it like a -1 Norwood

dr_jekyll

Established Member
Reaction score
guys, this is more like a solid NW2 - imo

Attachments

• nick1kt1.jpg
    nick1kt1.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 4,802

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A nw2 hairline is actually quite receeded if you look at the Norwood chart which some clearly dont do.... Also, it will vary from person to person depending on where their origional hairline was. Someone born with a widows peak whos hairline matures slightly will look alot more receeded than someone who origionally had a straight hairline then receeds slightly.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
For once, I am agree with MetalEMO. Both have a NW1. There is no such thing as a Norwood 1.5 on the Norwood scale. They both are NW1 but I think Lachey has just slight thinning. My hairline recession is almost identical to Lachey( maybe I might have slightly less recession on one side versus my other than him) and my dermatologist said I am considered a NW1. So Lachey is not a good example of a NW2. I think a good example is Christian Slater who I think had a hair transplant.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i dont know about all this. i think if you go strictly by the Norwood chart, lachey is your nw2, and ronaldo is your Norwood 1.
hairlossqo5.gif

If anything, ill give you that ronaldo is a nw0(like a female hairline) but if anything, mario lopez is more like a nw1 . Lachey just has too much temple showing and a very slight widows peak hairline going to be considered nw1.
mariolopez04wenn1868865ga1.jpg

And christian slater is who knows what more like a nw3 with deep recession but a strong vertex...hes got a transplant, though im pretty sure lachey did as well. it was on some gossip website.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Lopez is a good example of solid NW1 and Lachey more like a NW1.5 in THAT photo. I think other photos of him have show more recession. But like I said before, there is no NW1.5 so he still falls in the NW1 category but I think it was due to a minor transplant like Jay mentioned. I think if you are not sure and really want to know then ask your doctor like I did. That cartoon of the Norwood scale Jay posted is slightly different than the standard Norwood scale mostly used. If you look carefully, the standard NW1 scale shows slightly more recession of the temples than the one Jay posted of the NW1. Some of the best examples of true life Norwood are on hair transplant sites. I think sometimes on here people overestimate their Norwood and rate it slighter higher than what is really might be. My question is should one start Propecia and Minoxidil if you are a NW1 with the beginning of diffuse thinning or any type of thinning if you want to KEEP what you have?

metalheaddude

Reaction score
That new Norwood scale is terrible!! I can barely see the difference between a NW1 and NW2, especially from the above shot. :dunno: I really think the scientists have got that new chart COMPLETELY wrong. The whole scale is not good enough. They need to show thinning as well. The Norwood scale needs to be a hi-res pictures using real life examples.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
chancer said:
Ronaldo is from Portugal.... its the latin blood, they all have really thick black hair and Too much of it really, like one poster already said, in some Latin guys and even women you cant tell where the hair strarts and their eyebrows end...

check some latin women out, J-lo for example... very very hairy..

northern europeans, your british, your irish, germans, scandavians, ect... have a less hairy forheads, and i think more likley to go bald. there are acceptions... for example Steven Gerrad, he is a typical British Lad, but an unusually low hairline that would normall see on a Latin guy like ronadlo.... see below....

sgerrard.jpg

Thats not true. Not ALL europeans have large foreheads. Although it is more common. I know plenty of white guys with small foreheads. But I agree about latin men and women having different hairlines. The have really hairy foreheads. Personally I don't like that kind of hairline or african american hairlines. It just doesnt look very masculine to me. I want a thick mature hairline like a Sean Penn.

I dont want hair growing out my forehead like latin men do, or a convex hairline, it looks weird. But Sean Penns hairline is awesome. Especially when you get about 30. I guarantee 90% of women would this hairline more appealing than a juvenile one.

SeanPenn.jpg

InterpreterSeanPenn3.jpg

s.a.f

Reaction score
People fail to realise that there is a hige variation on forehead sizes, with both men and women. So someone with a naturally high hairline may not have any recession at all.

Look at the size of Lindsays forehead about 3+ inches whilst the other girls is 2 inches at the most and just look at the position of the temple points thats halfway over her eyebrows.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 3,812
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 3,839

s.a.f

Reaction score
I would'nt say Vince is going bald but Gerrard obviously has a small brain inside that head!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 3,898
  • CAUD8LEF.jpg
    CAUD8LEF.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 3,859