Is There Any Hope For A Hair Transplant For Me?

Devop911

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you say FUT instead of FUE?
In my Opionen a FUT is more effective with an FUE on the next step, rather than a FUE+FUE.
You can just harvest more Grafts in my opinion.
I talked about this with Hasson & Wong and the agree.

But this is just my opinion.

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• featuredImage.img.jpg
    featuredImage.img.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:

Devop911

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doable: clearly yes. As well you could add SMP.
THE MAIN QUESTION IS: And this is the thing you, have to care about:
Is you hair loss still in progress, where does it end up.

For this you could ask a dematologist or even better a hair transplant surgeon

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
His hair is natural; you can see pics with him having long hair. Yea I know man, it is the main issue for sure. I mean it looks pretty clear where it is going to end a NW6 just like my uncles. So perhaps a hair transplant focussing on the front more than back would work. Still waiting to hear back from ASMED. Unfortunately my hair is so bad right now that I’m gonna be forced to shave it no matter what which sucks but I guess it will force me to try it out and get used to it. Here's another pic of the back of my head.

Attachments

• BACK4.jpg
    BACK4.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 300

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree, I have been down this rabbit hole so many times and cannot come to any kind of decision. There are people convinced that it is a dangerous drug that has not been studied thoroughly and others who believe its fine. I for one am sceptical; I don’t think we have a clue about the real consequences of inhibiting DHT in a male body, I think like others do that it can cause cognitive issues as well as the already known sexual side effects. I am too weary to try it.

You need to try some heavy duty topical therapy. Recommend topical Finasteride, Progesterone.

You can probably regrow all of your diffuse areas, if you start now. The hairline, probably not so much. Maybe
a few centimeters, if that.

Time for plan B. Definitely time.

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
That looks very achievable. High forehead and norwood 2. If you don't mind the buzzed look 5000 FUE grafts with that conservative hairline would look great, and with added SMP it would look even better.

It may be an option then, but is it not hard to get anough desnity with a hair transplant for it to look good buzzed. I haven't seen many hair transplant guys buzz their hair to see how good it looks.

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
You need to try some heavy duty topical therapy. Recommend topical Finasteride, Progesterone.

You can probably regrow all of your diffuse areas, if you start now. The hairline, probably not so much. Maybe
a few centimeters, if that.

Time for plan B. Definitely time.

What is Progesterone?? Never heard of it despite being on these forums for quite a while.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is Progesterone?? Never heard of it despite being on these forums for quite a while.

It's a natural hormone. It signals hair to grow, and not fall out. It's like the anti DHT (or the DHT for females).

Notice I said only topical. Not a lot.

It would grow a lot of your hair back. It's also an anti DHT. So, caution is necessary.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a natural hormone. It signals hair to grow, and not fall out. It's like the anti DHT (or the DHT for females).

It would grow a lot of your hair back. It's also an anti DHT. So, caution is necessary.

He's not even on finasteride though. I mean tbh there aren't a lot of studies to go on the safety of using that. Personally if I was him I'd just pop finasteride, and get 5000 grafts FUE with a low norwood 2 frontline. No reason to try that before he gets on finasteride, which only 2% of people get sides on anyway.

g.i joey

Reaction score

are you k9gatton?

Devop911

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He's not even on finasteride though. I mean tbh there aren't a lot of studies to go on the safety of using that. Personally if I was him I'd just pop finasteride, and get 5000 grafts FUE with a low norwood 2 frontline. No reason to try that before he gets on finasteride, which only 2% of people get sides on anyway.
Total agree

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting, I will give this a read tomorrow. And the .25 isn't giving you sides like the 1mg? Is it stablising your loss?

I've only been on it for a bit more five months I think now and definitely have halted significantly but I don't see any gains either. It looks exactly the same as when I started (obviously not including the transplant).

I initially got sides on 1mg after a single dose but I think that was anxiety related, and the year after that I hit the gym heavily and started eating probably which I'm sure would have raised my T levels and put me in a better spot to handle it.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I've only been on it for a bit more five months I think now and definitely have halted significantly but I don't see any gains either. It looks exactly the same as when I started (obviously not including the transplant).

I initially got sides on 1mg after a single dose but I think that was anxiety related, and the year after that I hit the gym heavily and started eating probably which I'm sure would have raised my T levels and put me in a better spot to handle it.

you're currently taking .25mg a daily? do you plan on upping your dose? i had a horrible experience with doses under .5mg, but my male pattern baldness is pretty damn aggressive.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
you're currently taking .25mg a daily? do you plan on upping your dose? i had a horrible experience with doses under .5mg, but my male pattern baldness is pretty damn aggressive.

It's been the first 5 months where I haven't noticed anything lost since I was 17, so currently not planning on upping it. I'd rather get another transplant with semi halted loss anyway.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

You're right though. Start with smaller steps first.

The only thing is, he probably should take Dutasteride, at his stage. He's between a Norwood
four and five. It's really agressive at his young age.

@BreakingBald - You should start with Dutasteride, .5 milligrams.