Is There Any Hope For A Hair Transplant For Me?

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been on and off this forum for years now, I've just turned 27 and my hair loss is so severe now :/ I started losing it at 20-21 years old, which as you can imagine was very difficult to come to terms with. Back then I was already dealing with some pretty horrific things that my family went through, so hair loss on top of that was a real soul destroyer and I suffered greatly for quite a few years. I'm at the point now where I have to either shave it off and accept it, or get a hair transplant for something to frame my face. It’s not a nice situation to be in, I still feel far too young to be fully bald, it will age me significantly and will affect my confidence unless I can fully accept it and be happy bald.

I won’t touch propecia and have been using minoxidil for years and it’s not really doing anything anymore, I think it helped to slow down my male pattern baldness for a while. I am well aware of hair transplants, the procedure, the expectations etc. I went to a reputable clinic recently who reckoned I had about 4,500 grafts worth of donor hair. They were reluctant to operate due to my age and said that they would only be willing to transplant 1,500 grafts for a frontal lock to frame my face until seeing how far my hair loss progressed in the future. However, the way I look at it is this; I am a diffuse thinner, you can see exactly where my hair loss is going to end at a norwood 5-6. I could use those 4,500 grafts for a semi decent result and possibly fill out the rest with body hair. I have a lot of chest and beard hair, the chest hair is even quite thick and grows pretty long!! I’m also aware that going down the hair transplant route is a long, expensive and potentially risky. It’s a really tough to decision to come to so I was just hoping to get some opinions/advice on this forum from those more experienced than me who have gone down this route. It’s also worth mentioning that I can’t really afford prices in UK so I would be considering going to a reputable clinic in somewhere like Turkey.

I am really tired of hair loss affecting me so badly and I just want to move on with my life one way or another. I’ve attached some pictures for you to look at my donor hair and density. Look forward to hearing from some of you.

Thank you!
BB

Attachments

• Top.JPG
    Top.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,215
  • Top 3.JPG
    Top 3.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,261
  • Top 2.JPG
    Top 2.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,410
  • Side.JPG
    Side.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 1,268
  • Back 2.JPG
    Back 2.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,919
  • Back 1.JPG
    Back 1.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,299

Devop911

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey there,
I don't like to say no, to someone and kill his hope.

But your situation is about getting at least NW6 maybe NW7. As you're not willing to take anti androgen medics like Propecia,
I wouldn't recommend a Hairtransplant at this point.

Beside, from what I can see on your pictures you're a good looking tall man with a good skin type (>3) as well you're growing a beard, I think a 3mm short cut would be looking awesome on you.

If you reflect and thinking about taking finasteride/RU/DUA and you go to good doctor like H&W I think there might be a good possible result.

For some insperation what is possible without finasteride, check this post:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ts-story-going-from-nw6-to-nw2-i-guess.59732/

But no one can guarantee that you will get the same result

Good luck!

Attachments

• Back 2.JPG
    Back 2.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 555
Last edited:

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
I do think you could have hair transplant if you had a conservative operation and did not try to cover too much. Manage your expectations.

Devop911

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do think you could have hair transplant if you had a conservative operation and did not try to cover too much. Manage your expectations.
But that if he is filling in the empty area with about 4000 Grafts, what he will need at least and in the badest situation he is growing to a NW7?
Without Propecia or any other Antiandrogens I would be very careful.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Having a hair transplant without taking finasteride is beyond retarded.

the medication is safe. take some xanax and hop on this life saving drug.

lol if you don't mind the possibility of your dick not working properly

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ts-story-going-from-nw6-to-nw2-i-guess.59732/

this is the f*****g best ive ever seen

saw it on another site. looks great. so natural. not pluggy in the slightest. i just read his thread, he saids they used a slightly diifferent technique than normal fue. maybe thats why looks so good

this is the exception to what ive seen when guys wanna buzz their hair after surgery.

resu

Reaction score
You could get away with an hair transplant to frame your face, it seems you already reached you final Norwood pattern even if the crown at this point is diffuse. The surgeon could tell where to safely harvest the grafts.

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey there,
I don't like to say no, to someone and kill his hope.

But your situation is about getting at least NW6 maybe NW7. As you're not willing to take anti androgen medics like Propecia,
I wouldn't recommend a Hairtransplant at this point.

Beside, from what I can see on your pictures you're a good looking tall man with a good skin type (>3) as well you're growing a beard, I think a 3mm short cut would be looking awesome on you.

If you reflect and thinking about taking finasteride/RU/DUA and you go to good doctor like H&W I think there might be a good possible result.

But no one can guarantee that you will get the same result

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply man, no I appreciate your honesty and appreciate your compliment a lot actually. I am not tall only average height but I am lucky that I do have very good facial ascetics and good shaped head. Did you experience any sides on finasteride?

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
this is the f*****g best ive ever seen

saw it on another site. looks great. so natural. not pluggy in the slightest. i just read his thread, he saids they used a slightly diifferent technique than normal fue. maybe thats why looks so good

this is the exception to what ive seen when guys wanna buzz their hair after surgery.
Yes it's an unreal result!! Best I've seen for a NW6, I would so happy with a result like that but of course it is not guaranteed and then there is the money and time.

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
lol if you don't mind the possibility of your dick not working properly

I agree, I have been down this rabbit hole so many times and cannot come to any kind of decision. There are people convinced that it is a dangerous drug that has not been studied thoroughly and others who believe its fine. I for one am sceptical; I don’t think we have a clue about the real consequences of inhibiting DHT in a male body, I think like others do that it can cause cognitive issues as well as the already known sexual side effects. I am too weary to try it.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree, I have been down this rabbit hole so many times and cannot come to any kind of decision. There are people convinced that it is a dangerous drug that has not been studied thoroughly and others who believe its fine. I for one am sceptical; I don’t think we have a clue about the real consequences of inhibiting DHT in a male body, I think like others do that it can cause cognitive issues as well as the already known sexual side effects. I am too weary to try it.

I already tried it, I am 100% positive it gave me erection problems after one month taking it. There is no smoke without fire.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it's an unreal result!! Best I've seen for a NW6, I would so happy with a result like that but of course it is not guaranteed and then there is the money and time.

15k aint bad at all for what he got.

spread that over 4/5 years is no problem.

what im concerned about is the actual surgery, this is the ONLY one where buzzed down it doesnt look pluggy. this has to be because of the technique dhi used on him. but im pretty sure dhi has a bad rep, at least thats what i thought i read. i dunno

either way, f*****g amazing result. best ive ever seen.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I already tried it, I am 100% positive it gave me erection problems after one month taking it. There is no smoke without fire.

yeah finasteride really fucked me too

got amazing regrowth but awful sides.

its funny how differently this drug affects people.

no more dick killing drugs for me thanks

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
for whats its worth op, you seem to have plenty going for you to carry the balding look off

you seem in shape, decent dress sense, good looking with good head shape.

i think you can either keep it the way you have it or buzz it. could even use some concealer. would be perfect for you hair right now

as for surgery, your have aggressive loss, headed to nw6/7. its tough call. you could get a few hair transplants overs the years to give yourself coverage, and bascially maintain the look you have now or keep it buzzed like the example that was posted by devop.

but i think that example is rare as f***. i dunno its tough situation to be in. im in the same boat

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly at that point I would shave it all off no matter future transplants are possible or not. It will plainly look better on you OP, especially considering you seem to be able to pull it off.

If I were to get a transplant in your shoes I will not bother dumping too many grafts into the crown. Focus on the frontal third to have a facial framing and keep it short and you'd look great.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Watching the debates above is amusing in how people always give advice not primarily relating to the concern and situation of the ones in need, but to the justification of their own choices.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read that one a year ago. I remember being frickin shocked.

But right now looking back at it again, it's both inspiring and depressing. It gives you hope knowing that even when you're NW6 without finasteride you still have a chance to not be bald. 6000 grafts is even doable with fue for some. But the depressing truth is we both know that this is the ceiling of transplant. And that guy has quite coarse texture. But still he looks thin especially in natural lighting. I mean to us who know what transplants can and cannot do and are on the verge of suicide because of baldness this is undoubtedly amazing. But to average eyes his hair just doesn't look good( despite not being bald). The way he talks about "being 18 again" even make it sounds a bit pathetic.

Sometimes a voice in me just want to shave it all off so that in this battle against hair loss at least you still keep some "dignity", if that describes my feeling correctly. What's worse? To leave with a chrome dome or sub-par artificial appearance that comes only after such a long painful fight at the cost of enormous energy and emotions. But maybe that's just because I haven't being to the literal bald zone and the true depression of baldness hasn't got the best of me. It will get there soon, probably.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read that one a year ago. I remember being frickin shocked.

But right now looking back at it again, it's both inspiring and depressing. It gives you hope knowing that even when you're NW6 without finasteride you still have a chance to not be bald. 6000 grafts is even doable with fue for some. But the depressing truth is we both know that this is the ceiling of transplant. And that guy has quite coarse texture. But still he looks thin especially in natural lighting. I mean to us who know what transplants can and cannot do and are on the verge of suicide because of baldness this is undoubtedly amazing. But to average eyes his hair just doesn't look good( despite not being bald). The way he talks about "being 18 again" even make it sounds a bit pathetic.

Sometimes a voice in me just want to shave it all off so that in this battle against hair loss at least you still keep some "dignity", if that describes my feeling correctly. What's worse? To leave with a chrome dome or sub-par artificial appearance that comes only after such a long painful fight at the cost of enormous energy and emotions. But maybe that's just because I haven't being to the literal bald zone and the true depression of baldness hasn't got the best of me. It will get there soon, probably.

I'd be willing to bet that if he went through with an SMP to fill in gaps and grew it long he'd have the appearance of a very mildly diffused fullhead even to forum goers. I don't think he's hit peak potential results yet.

And undoubtedly a chrome dome is worse. Bald men just look like disgusting, genetically sub-par freaks. I feel sorry for how pathetic it looks whenever I see one. I don't think his hair looks unnatural at all, it just looks very thin and has ugly characteristics.

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
for whats its worth op, you seem to have plenty going for you to carry the balding look off

you seem in shape, decent dress sense, good looking with good head shape.

i think you can either keep it the way you have it or buzz it. could even use some concealer. would be perfect for you hair right now

as for surgery, your have aggressive loss, headed to nw6/7. its tough call. you could get a few hair transplants overs the years to give yourself coverage, and bascially maintain the look you have now or keep it buzzed like the example that was posted by devop.

but i think that example is rare as f***. i dunno its tough situation to be in. im in the same boat

Again thank you for the compliments, although those are vague pictures it helps to give me confidence with the idea of shaving my head. It is a tough call, it's not easy for anbody to make the decision either way.