is there any association between working out and hairloss?

maddoc23

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually, working out slightly reduces testosterone levels because you are using the testosterone to increase muscle mass. The increase many people cite is from the initial increase of testosterone production before it is used up by the cells. In short, the testosterone is being used to lay down muscle fiber not for conversion into DHT.

D

G

maddoc23 said:
Actually, working out slightly reduces testosterone levels because you are using the testosterone to increase muscle mass. The increase many people cite is from the initial increase of testosterone production before it is used up by the cells. In short, the testosterone is being used to lay down muscle fiber not for conversion into DHT.

D

In the context of this discussion we know that, although it is not 100% accurate as you have characterized it, the objections are merely academic and parsing of words rather than meaningful. Which brings us to the point, SIMILARLY, ( ;) :) )

We've been over that dozens of times, and much of this thread is in reference to prior threads, but in this specific thread you can see I used the word "fluctuations." I also used the word "increase," but it becomes tedious and difficult to insert a paragraph here and there in place of a word such as “increase” when the meaning has been previously established in the thread already.

Since I was not trying to claim any causation based on any simple observations of increase/decrease of concentration of species of interest, that was actually intended as deliberate contrast to the claims of others (that was supposed to be my point) :lol:

Thanks!

G

hopewas said:
aren't you the one who got 3 transplants?

I also have three cars. What is your point? Working out causes cars?

:freaked2:

G

i need help guys...

i'm having some difficulty with my beer belly...i've been doing 200 situps everyday for the past week n theres no noticable difference...what should i do to flatten it a bit...im trying to regain the washboard abs i had 2 years ago.

Afro Thunder

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Brucey,

The working out is going good.

Dropped 7 pounds since I joined that gym and my strength has gone up a total of 20%!

I put up 245lb on free flat bench yesterday! :rockon:

Since I started stalling my weightloss on Atkins after around 30lbs I started watching my calories also. f*** its easy as hell to hit 2000 calories a day! I WANT PIZZA HUTT!!!!!!!! eheheh

hopewas

Reaction score
Re: ..

afro21 said:
i need help guys...

i'm having some difficulty with my beer belly...i've been doing 200 situps everyday for the past week n theres no noticable difference...what should i do to flatten it a bit...im trying to regain the washboard abs i had 2 years ago.

Afro Thunder

you need to change the way you eat for a week while you're doing it..for one week, you have to eat a lot less ..it might be hard considering how much you eat, but it works if you're able to.. eat tuna and things that are non fattening and don't have carbs..and exercise of course

G

Re: ..

hopewas said:
afro21 said:
i need help guys...

Afro Thunder

you need to change the way you eat for a week while you're doing it..for one week, you have to eat a lot less ..it might be hard considering how much you eat, but it works if you're able to.. eat tuna and things that are non fattening and don't have carbs..and exercise of course

Here is a direct and recent experiment to your point.

Last week I went on the Atkins diet. I was feeling a little pudgy around the middle (5'9", 162 lbs). I also upped the intensity of my sprinting routine and added L Gluatamine to my pre-exercise routine as well as before bed.

Results-Lost 7 lbs

Lost 1 Belt notch

Added-the ability to see muscles in the abdomen.

Will keep on until that six pack is back.

Good luck.

hopewas

Reaction score
i'm not really a big fan of the atkins diet but bruce lee is right..you will lose weight...but you'll gain it all back..or at least most people do. if i ever feel pudgy i just do the wrestler diet.. hardly eat sh*t for a week..exercise my *** out and then eat normal the next week.. there was a time i lost 10 pounds in a week doing that.. and i have a 6 pack, etc...now.. it's your choice..my way is kind of hard..even for me...i say do it bruce lee's way

G

hopewas said:
i'm not really a big fan of the atkins diet but bruce lee is right..you will lose weight...but you'll gain it all back..or at least most people do. if i ever feel pudgy i just do the wrestler diet.. hardly eat sh*t for a week..exercise my *** out and then eat normal the next week.. there was a time i lost 10 pounds in a week doing that.. and i have a 6 pack, etc...now.. it's your choice..my way is kind of hard..even for me...i say do it bruce lee's way

Hi guy,

Wondering where you got the notion that most people gain the weight back after Atkins? Data and the like?

And I commend you on the discipline to be on the wrestler's diet. I couldn't do that. In fact, that is why I like the Atkins approach. I can avoid being hungry and still lose fat.

Thanks

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
people that gain all the weight back "after" doing Atkins just quit.

If you lose 20lb on atkins in a month and then suddenly start eating whatever you want from Pizza Hutt and Taco Bell while sitting on your couch, OF COURSE YOU'LL GAIN WEIGHT!

The body is VERY efficient(mine especially :( ) and if you start stuffing it after a period of weight loss, it will pack it on very quickly.

Atkins gives you a lifetime maintenance plan which is basically a normal diet just avoiding refined carbs and sugars. Once you hit your goal weight and begin to maintain, you can eat pretty much whatever you want in moderation.

Most people stay in induction, drop a shitload of weight(much of it water short term) then just quit, and gain it back.

I lost around 30lb easily on Atkins but then stalled even with exercise. I found that even though you can eat more calories on Atkins than most diets, you still have to watch your total calories. I'm keeping myself at 2000-2300 calories a day with around 30g carbs. I'm taking in around 100g/fat and 190g/protein a day.

If anyone gives a crap, you can see my journal here

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJour ... r=vortex72

hopewas

Reaction score
BruceLee said:
hopewas said:

Hi guy,

Wondering where you got the notion that most people gain the weight back after Atkins? Data and the like?

And I commend you on the discipline to be on the wrestler's diet. I couldn't do that. In fact, that is why I like the Atkins approach. I can avoid being hungry and still lose fat.

Thanks

i just know a lot of people who have been on the atkins diet and when they stopped, they gained it all back..even by switching to a normal diet. so i'm going by hear say from friends who have done it. i can't see anyone being on that diet for more than a month personally.. all the power to those who can..it's not a very healthy diet though for those who can stick it out. chances of heart attacks (depending of age, etcc..) increase, etc..

Rubber Baby Buggy

Established Member
Reaction score
There was a study that was just posted that said most people who were on a Atkins like diet end up being heavier in their 40's-70's than people who stick with a balanced diet.