Is Loss Of Eyebrow Hair Part Of male pattern baldness?

Myaccount

My Regimen
Reaction score
It threw me off when you mentioned that one of your GP's told you to start with minoxidil. Your hair loss didn't seem to be consistent with male pattern baldness. Did your eyebrows grow back to normal yet and is your hair still thin on the back and sides? What tests did you take with your dermatologist?

My eyebrows haven't visibly thinned yet but i do notice that im losing a bit still. The hair on my sides is still very thin but the dermatologist ignored it and went straight to my scalp for a quick examination. I told her i was on minoxidil and she sounded irritated and she said it wont do anything for you as it is only to treat people with male pattern baldness which you dont have. So again I have been sent for more blood testing because apparently the first time they didn't check for the right things.

ihatebackstabbers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's sad that none of your GP's thought about testing. Last time you mentioned that you were getting around 600 calories per day. Did you increase your food intake? You mentioned 2 other things that I won't repeat but you have to try and manage those. My hair loss didn't stop until I really got a hold of my life. Be as open as you can when you see your doctor again. Hopefully everything goes well. If you need anything just let me know.

Myaccount

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's sad that none of your GP's thought about testing. Last time you mentioned that you were getting around 600 calories per day. Did you increase your food intake? You mentioned 2 other things that I won't repeat but you have to try and manage those. My hair loss didn't stop until I really got a hold of my life. Be as open as you can when you see your doctor again. Hopefully everything goes well. If you need anything just let me know.

Yeah man its just annoying that they didnt check for the right things at the start. Ive defo been eating a lot more and gotten a grip on my sh*t in the last week, mainly because uni is over for now and ive basically got nothing to do. Starting playing oblivion and watching the sopranos to relax. Just got off the minoxidil but i think it helped my beard growth so everything is good. Thanks bro

Myaccount

My Regimen
Reaction score
Check thyroid hormone level. I noticed a lot of shedding and thinning because of hypothyroidism.

Yeah thats one of the things i believe they will be checking for this time along with like iron or vitamin d deficiencies. Its just a bit sad that this has taken over like 4 months of my life with all this uncertainty and being told different stuff. Hopefully i can finally have an answer and move on

snooze

Reaction score
Myaccount, I am more or less in the same boat as you are, its just that on top of that I have used some medicine that I probably should have not, so I am not sure whether my sudden hair loss was attributed to the medicine, or to 4 weeks of continuous insane stress, and I dont mean stress like work-related stress, cant chose my holiday-stress, cant find a girlfriend/boyfriend-stress, I was severely stressed which resulted me getting really bad anxiety/panic attacks and depression, just starting to recover now a bit. You can see my horror story here: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ia-lost-my-hair-in-a-month-devastated.119051/

Anyway, I lost A TON of hair, mainly crown and top where I usually thin (I also had 2 FUE transplants in that region). So from a head full of hair I went down almost looking worse than before my FUE hair transplant in just a few weeks. I also shed quite a lot of eyebrows, everytime I would go through with my fingers I would have 2-3 on my fingers. That subsided now luckily, but I still do shed hair...

I can also relate to you as I went to a dermatologist, and he said its male pattern baldness, as it follows a pattern (it really does), but then I asked him how can it be male pattern baldness when I showed him my pics from 2 weeks earlier where I had a full head of hair. He got confused, gave me Finasteride, and didnt order any additional tests. I am on Finasteride now, but I have booked another derma for next month, and I will insist that she runs all the tests for potential deficiencies and hormones (as I think this whole mess I got myself into with the medication and stress might have messed up my hormones big time, as I noticed a big increase in body and facial hair at the same time).

To sum up, good luck, and let us know how it went! :)

Myaccount

My Regimen
Reaction score
Myaccount, I am more or less in the same boat as you are, its just that on top of that I have used some medicine that I probably should have not, so I am not sure whether my sudden hair loss was attributed to the medicine, or to 4 weeks of continuous insane stress, and I dont mean stress like work-related stress, cant chose my holiday-stress, cant find a girlfriend/boyfriend-stress, I was severely stressed which resulted me getting really bad anxiety/panic attacks and depression, just starting to recover now a bit. You can see my horror story here: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ia-lost-my-hair-in-a-month-devastated.119051/

Anyway, I lost A TON of hair, mainly crown and top where I usually thin (I also had 2 FUE transplants in that region). So from a head full of hair I went down almost looking worse than before my FUE hair transplant in just a few weeks. I also shed quite a lot of eyebrows, everytime I would go through with my fingers I would have 2-3 on my fingers. That subsided now luckily, but I still do shed hair...

I can also relate to you as I went to a dermatologist, and he said its male pattern baldness, as it follows a pattern (it really does), but then I asked him how can it be male pattern baldness when I showed him my pics from 2 weeks earlier where I had a full head of hair. He got confused, gave me Finasteride, and didnt order any additional tests. I am on Finasteride now, but I have booked another derma for next month, and I will insist that she runs all the tests for potential deficiencies and hormones (as I think this whole mess I got myself into with the medication and stress might have messed up my hormones big time, as I noticed a big increase in body and facial hair at the same time).

To sum up, good luck, and let us know how it went! :)

Oh bro Im really sorry this happened to you. Definitely get that dermo appointment up and make sure they check for everything, my doctor was saying something about iron deficiency and how the range they check for isnt that great and makes them overlook issues. Hopefully you get better soon man because that's some dreadful stuff man.

snooze

Reaction score
Oh bro Im really sorry this happened to you. Definitely get that dermo appointment up and make sure they check for everything, my doctor was saying something about iron deficiency and how the range they check for isnt that great and makes them overlook issues. Hopefully you get better soon man because that's some dreadful stuff man.

Thanks man... I´ll give it a shot, but I dont have my hopes up to be honest. I am really devastated, my life went literally to hell in just a month. But yeah, it is what it is.

Keep us posted with your progress..

Myaccount

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man... I´ll give it a shot, but I dont have my hopes up to be honest. I am really devastated, my life went literally to hell in just a month. But yeah, it is what it is.

Keep us posted with your progress..

Just keep on hoping man im sure the finasteride will be able to do something. Keep us posted on your thread aswell on how its going man, best of luck

Myaccount

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well as an update, all my blood work has come back and nothing seems to be wrong. So honestly no one has any clue as to why my hair is falling out. I guess this has to be telogen effluvium and i guess i just got to wait it out.

Myaccount

My Regimen
Reaction score

Well new update, ive had no issues since december, for some reason everything just stopped. My shedding went to normal levels and the itching just stopped and everything was fine for 3 months, my crown even started to get more growth so now it just looked like i had lots of partings. Now all of a sudden the itching is back and ive noticed my shedding start to increase slowly.

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It almost seemed like my brows and lashes thinned overnight. One day I just noticed they were thinner and from that point on I realized they were getting thinner. I always had a strict diet and exercise has been part of my routine since high school. I didn't have the energy or the determination to stick with either when things went south earlier this year. I got back on track with both during the past few months and feel much better even though the stressors didn't really go away.
Have your thyroid checked. And vitamin d levels

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Myaccount

My Regimen
Reaction score
androgens can also cause eyebrow hair loss

This is hair shedding from all over my scalp and eyebrows, so for some reason the back of my head and sides are also shedding. I think im shedding the hair that i had been regrowing over the last few months

Last edited:

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive had considerable thinning in my crown are and a lot of hair shedding and now i seem to be losing eyebrow hairs and my hair has thinned on the back and sides. I've visited 3 gp's. First one said stress, second one said male pattern baldness and the third one said he dosen't know if its alopecia or male pattern baldness. What do you think?
Don't be in denial it's male pattern baldness. Alopecia and mob are same thing so he was correct. Jump on meds or take the long journey to your eventually norwood. Goodluck

Myaccount

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't be in denial it's male pattern baldness. Alopecia and mob are same thing so he was correct. Jump on meds or take the long journey to your eventually norwood. Goodluck

Since then ive been to a dermatologist who said that the patterns did not display male pattern baldness

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since then ive been to a dermatologist who said that the patterns did not display male pattern baldness
keep coping, if stress caused hair loss on the back and sides then all the teens in AP classes would be bald, keep coping....