Is it worth to add topical minoxidil if I'm already on oral minoxidil?

Adri23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since I am losing some ground on the hairline on my actual regimen, I'm wondering if adding some topical minoxidil on that area would be worth considering I'm already on oral minoxidil 3,5 mg. I tried to upper the dose to 5mg oral minoxidil 4 months ago and I didn't have much regrowth on the scalp, it only added more hypertrichosis and some side effects like tachycardia and tiredness. Considering that 5mg oral minoxidil didn't do much to my hair in respect to 3,5mg, I don't know if topical will do much.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since I am losing some ground on the hairline on my actual regimen, I'm wondering if adding some topical minoxidil on that area would be worth considering I'm already on oral minoxidil 3,5 mg. I tried to upper the dose to 5mg oral minoxidil 4 months ago and I didn't have much regrowth on the scalp, it only added more hypertrichosis and some side effects like tachycardia and tiredness. Considering that 5mg oral minoxidil didn't do much to my hair in respect to 3,5mg, I don't know if topical will do much.
any increase in wrinkles or a more bloated face at that dosage? btw have you noticed your eyelasehs getting longer? thanks

in my case i'm seein more results on the haorline when i use topical than my dose of oral

Adri23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
any increase in wrinkles or a more bloated face at that dosage? btw have you noticed your eyelasehs getting longer? thanks

in my case i'm seein more results on the haorline when i use topical than my dose of oral
It didn't give me any wrinkles/bloated face in any of the concentrations. In fact my skin is better now than when I wasn't on minoxidil, but it is because i'm using a retinaldehyde serum.

About eye lashes, yes they got thicker and longer but I didn't notice further improvements in the 5mg dosage compared to 3.5 mg.

What dosage of topical minoxidil are you using? Isn't it dangerous to use both? As far as I know, topical minoxidil goes systemic so it will be 3.5 mg of oral minoxidil + the portion of topical minoxidil absorbed by the skin. I doubt it will be much but want to be sure before starting with it.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i used 12 ml daily at my max with zero heart sides but it ruined my skin ( even 1 ml ruins my skins) . i'm using 1.25 of oral min but i'm getting cardiac sides :/

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Use at least 10mg oral. And increase your pathetic duta dosage to 2mg EOD. 0.5mg only reduce scalp dht by 51% while 2mg something like 75% and 2.5mg 81%

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
i used 12 ml daily at my max with zero heart sides but it ruined my skin ( even 1 ml ruins my skins) . i'm using 1.25 of oral min but i'm getting cardiac sides :/
1.2mg only? Then you have existing heart problems. I get no heart problems on 12.5mg oral in capsule.

Adri23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Use at least 10mg oral. And increase your pathetic duta dosage to 2mg EOD. 0.5mg only reduce scalp dht by 51% while 2mg something like 75% and 2.5mg 81%
As I said, 5 mg oral minoxidil gave me some some side effects. I waited 4 months to see if the sides go away but they didn't. About dutas, I haven't noticed much difference in taking 0.5 mg every day with 0.5 mg every other day. I think 2 mg would be insane to be honest.

I forgot to say I did recover my hairline at the beginning of the treatment when I was using even a lower minoxidil dose(2.5 mg) and dutasteride daily, so there is something weird happening. Now even with 5 mg I am slowly receding like this wasn't supposed these meds supposed to work for a longer time not 1 year....

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
As I said, 5 mg oral minoxidil gave me some some side effects. I waited 4 months to see if the sides go away but they didn't. About dutas, I haven't noticed much difference in taking 0.5 mg every day with 0.5 mg every other day. I think 2 mg would be insane to be honest.

I forgot to say I did recover my hairline at the beginning of the treatment when I was using even a lower minoxidil dose(2.5 mg) and dutasteride daily, so there is something weird happening. Now even with 5 mg I am slowly receding like this wasn't supposed these meds supposed to work for a longer time not 1 year....
That sucks bro i havent recovered sh*t and im a year and 3 months on dutasteride hairline has not moved, but just a month or 2 with oral minoxidill. I used it before for 2.5 months but quit for 3 weeks. So i hope it will show improvement in a year. Try 2mg bro its not crazy at all my side effects didnt increase on higher dosage thats impossible because even 0.5mg blocks 95% of serum dht while 2mg like 98% so you wont notice a difference. But higher dose blocks more scalp dht which is good.

Adri23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That sucks bro i havent recovered sh*t and im a year and 3 months on dutasteride hairline has not moved, but just a month or 2 with oral minoxidill. I used it before for 2.5 months but quit for 3 weeks. So i hope it will show improvement in a year. Try 2mg bro its not crazy at all my side effects didnt increase on higher dosage thats impossible because even 0.5mg blocks 95% of serum dht while 2mg like 98% so you wont notice a difference. But higher dose blocks more scalp dht which is good.
What about 5Ar type 1?? I've heard it could have unknown sides in the long term that we don't know.

Btw dutasteride didn't give me any regrowth at all, only maintenance. It was minoxidil what gave me good regrowth, but now I'm losing it slowly again...

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about 5Ar type 1?? I've heard it could have unknown sides in the long term that we don't know.

Btw dutasteride didn't give me any regrowth at all, only maintenance. It was minoxidil what gave me good regrowth, but now I'm losing it slowly again...
Well 2mg Will block the brain dht by like 85% while 0.5mg 50%. U dont need the brain dht its all bs bro. U didnt have Brain dht before puberty or as a child why would u need it now as an adult? I have used 2mg and even 2.5mg and havent noticed any mental side effects for 9 months or so. My memory and speech is the same i Still cry to movies and my libido is insane. Just go ahead and raise the dose and dont worry about it. If you notice a mental side effect just quit or reduce dose its that simple.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

Tbh tho i dont know how much brain dht a kid got if it rise as an adult or not. But i dont care my brain works fine lol.

Adri23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well 2mg Will block the brain dht by like 85% while 0.5mg 50%. U dont need the brain dht its all bs bro. U didnt have Brain dht before puberty or as a child why would u need it now as an adult? I have used 2mg and even 2.5mg and havent noticed any mental side effects for 9 months or so. My memory and speech is the same i Still cry to movies and my libido is insane. Just go ahead and raise the dose and dont worry about it. If you notice a mental side effect just quit or reduce dose its that simple.
I got an appointment with my trichologist on february. I'm gonna talk about raising dutas, but for now I will restart the 0.5 mg dosage every day instead of every other day. Also I'm going to restart microneedling 1mm every 10 days and topical minoxidil on the hairline and see if it improves. If it gets too bad, I'll go all in with 1mg dutas till something like pyrilutamide or another stuff get release to combine them and get better results (I hope).

Lurker otto

My Regimen
Reaction score
12 ml of topical minoxidil daily? and what kind of results do you get on your hair? and in your hairline?
do you split that dose? do you notice postive changes in your hair compared to less dose of minoxidil?
could you elaborate in your experience?

sorry for all the questions, im really interested because i want to up my minoxidil dose. I want to at least get some thick vellus hairs on my hairline

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got an appointment with my trichologist on february. I'm gonna talk about raising dutas, but for now I will restart the 0.5 mg dosage every day instead of every other day. Also I'm going to restart microneedling 1mm every 10 days and topical minoxidil on the hairline and see if it improves. If it gets too bad, I'll go all in with 1mg dutas till something like pyrilutamide or another stuff get release to combine them and get better results (I hope).
Maybe add in topical dutasteride too? That will reduce even more scalp dht. Im just gonna apply topical dutasteride on sundays this time. 7mg. And take 2mg oral Mon,Wed,Fri. I order my dutasteride from minoxidill express tablets and topical. I know its real because my ejaculation Force is reduced. And the pills are rather cheap to buy its generic. I tried dutasteride from usa with a prescription before and that too reduced my ejaculation force.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
12 ml of topical minoxidil daily? and what kind of results do you get on your hair? and in your hairline?
do you split that dose? do you notice postive changes in your hair compared to less dose of minoxidil?
could you elaborate in your experience?

sorry for all the questions, im really interested because i want to up my minoxidil dose. I want to at least get some thick vellus hairs on my hairline
Why would you dermaroll daily? Thats risky your skin needs a break man how deep do you go? If u roll too often it can lead to scarring man and definately inflammation, a guy did dermarolling i think once a week he did a biopsy and it showed minor scarring in skin.

Last edited:

Lurker otto

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would you dermaroll daily? Thats risky your skin needs a break man how deep do you go? If u roll too often it can lead to scarring man and definately inflammation, a guy did dermarolling i think once a week he did a biopsy and it showed minor scarring in skin.
I do it really really light. Use 0.5 roller that i dont even press. Its for absorption.
I dont know but i was a non responder to minoxidil but since a began doing it, my hair improve a lot. But my hairline sadly not.

Adri23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe add in topical dutasteride too? That will reduce even more scalp dht. Im just gonna apply topical dutasteride on sundays this time. 7mg. And take 2mg oral Mon,Wed,Fri. I order my dutasteride from minoxidill express tablets and topical. I know its real because my ejaculation Force is reduced. And the pills are rather cheap to buy its generic. I tried dutasteride from usa with a prescription before and that too reduced my ejaculation force.
How do you make oral dutasteride? How much does it cost? Does only 1 day of topical dutasteride really makes a difference? Wasn't dutasteride molecule too big to penetrate into the skin?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you make oral dutasteride? How much does it cost? Does only 1 day of topical dutasteride really makes a difference? Wasn't dutasteride molecule too big to penetrate into the skin?
Duta has a Long half life in skin. Many use it once weekly and a few claims results. I wont need to apply duta topically often cause i use high dose orally already. Also People have gotten Side effects from once weekly application, it can go systemic without dermarolling, one guy didnt dermaroll he Still had Side effects. Most dont dermaroll because they dont want it to go systemic in the first place but still get Side effects. they cant handle oral finasteride or dutasteride. Thats why they use it topically.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean how i make oral dutasteride? I buy packages of pills, its cheaper than avodart for sure.