Is it worth to add topical minoxidil if I'm already on oral minoxidil?

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Duta has a Long half life in skin. Many use it once weekly and a few claims results. I wont need to apply duta topically often cause i use high dose orally already. Also People have gotten Side effects from once weekly application, it can go systemic without dermarolling, one guy didnt dermaroll he Still had Side effects. Most dont dermaroll because they dont want it to go systemic in the first place but still get Side effects. they cant handle oral finasteride or dutasteride.
So I assume if I take oral dutasteride 0.5 mg daily and 1 day of topical dutasteride is the same as increase the oral dose but with local area of effect which would be better at removing the scalp DHT that the oral dutasteride can't get rid of, right?

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
I empty the caps into a solution minoxidill could work. But also use a Reay made topical formula i buy.
That would be a problem for me, topical minoxidil gives me seborrheic dermatitis if I use it on the entire scalp, but for hairline only use I don't mind to do that, but isn't it better to buy the premixed topical dutasteride they sell on its webside? They also use propanediol which they say is less irritative than Propylene glycol.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
That would be a problem for me, topical minoxidil gives me seborrheic dermatitis if I use it on the entire scalp, but for hairline only use I don't mind to do that, but isn't it better to buy the premixed topical dutasteride they sell on its webside? They also use propanediol which they say is less irritative than Propylene glycol.
Yes i mix it with their spironolactone because the formula is 5mg per ml. I need at least 6ml for my scalp got too much hair. I cant use 5ml or more by itself thats very high dosage. Maybe one Day i will try it but thats 30mg topically alot can go systemic.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes i mix it with their spironolactone because the formula is 5mg per ml. I need at least 6ml for my scalp got too much hair. I cant use 5ml or more by itself thats very high dosage.
So the topical dutasteride they sell is basically useless?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
So the topical dutasteride they sell is basically useless?
In what perspective would it be useless? Its just a very high % formula. 0.5% is 5mg per ml. Most other formulas that People sell use 0.1% and 0.05%. which is 1mg and 0.5mg per ml.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes i mix it with their spironolactone because the formula is 5mg per ml. I need at least 6ml for my scalp got too much hair. I cant use 5ml or more by itself thats very high dosage. Maybe one Day i will try it but thats 30mg topically alot can go systemic.
But you dont buy it because you are using 2mg oral dutasteride so it is a high dose? I could buy it then since Im using 0.5mg oral dutasteride, right?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
But you dont buy it because you are using 2mg oral dutasteride so it is a high dose? I could buy it then since Im using 0.5mg oral dutasteride, right?
I have their dutasteride formula at home and my capsules urodart.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
how much dutasteride would it be with the ''regrowth labs d5a + 0.5mg oral dutasteride daily?

Depends how many ML you apply to your scalp. But if you apply topically 1ml once daily with oral thats 5mg and a half. But you have no way of knowing how much of the topical goes systemic.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends how many ML you apply to your scalp. But if you apply topically 1ml once daily with oral thats 5mg and a half. But you have no way of knowing how much of the topical goes systemic.
Holy sh*t, that's too much. I'd prefer the way you do it making it by yourself, but I am pretty bad at doing those stuff unfortunately.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1.2mg only? Then you have existing heart problems. I get no heart problems on 12.5mg oral in capsule.
what should i do to check for preexisting heart issues? would an electrochardiogram at my Doctor would b enough.? btw are you noticing more enlarged pores at such a high doses? thanks

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
12 ml of topical minoxidil daily? and what kind of results do you get on your hair? and in your hairline?
do you split that dose? do you notice postive changes in your hair compared to less dose of minoxidil?
could you elaborate in your experience?

sorry for all the questions, im really interested because i want to up my minoxidil dose. I want to at least get some thick vellus hairs on my hairline
i'm seeing a stoppage of my recession and lot of vellus hair regrowing

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy sh*t, that's too much. I'd prefer the way you do it making it by yourself, but I am pretty bad at doing those stuff unfortunately.
what should i do to check for preexisting heart issues? would an electrochardiogram at my Doctor would b enough.? btw are you noticing more enlarged pores at such a high doses? thanks
No i dont just abit more puffyness in the morning but u need to reduce salt. Also depends how good i slept.