Is It Worth It Giving Up? (serious)

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but not everyone can get a decent girlfried. I think he is pretty well adjusted and used to play out his hand. He knows he is not the most attractive guy but doesn't seem to care much.

Well when you put it like that it's true. You can get lucky and get a pretty gf without being good looking but it's rare and on top of it, she's with you for some other reason beside looks obviously. It could be something sweet like a deep connection, but settling/sinister factors play a role too. It's not a good position to be in when you know she's not hot for you, mentally. Hmm he probably cares but doesn't show it too much as knows this is it and he has to move on. Sensible guy.

BeHereNow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I envy guys that are naturally tall have good facial features and hair. They can eat what they want, drink, etc and still look good

You want to be able to binge drink, eat sh*t and have a hot girlfriend. You almost certainly still live with your parents.

jcb9513

My Regimen
Reaction score
After my first and only ever girlfriend broke up with me a month ago i'm starting to think it's just not worth it anymore.

I was born ugly, pale, short, receding hair. I try so so hard to looksmax. i've been compensating for years.

i realised that if i cut to super low body fat, eat certain foods, cut my hair a certain way then the difference i get in attention is huge. Girls treat me so much better. they look at me smile at me. It's crazy . that's how i got a gf in the first place. But it's soo hard to maintain this. So much sacrifice.

I envy guys that are naturally tall have good facial features and hair. They can eat what they want, drink, etc and still look good

Anyway sometimes i think that during our relationship my looksmaxing got found out. She probably realised that i'm not that good looking. Probably saw my true side.

I'm starting to think maybe it's just not worth it anymore. What is the point? Most girls these days are fucked. Will just monkey branch to better looking guys.

i'm thinking of just shaving my head, going my own way and completely disregarding girls etc it's not worth it anymore.

Some are just meant to win others are not.

Listen bro, I saw your post about your ex girlfriend a couple of weeks ago and replied but you never said anything back. I'm gonna tell you the same thing again, you have depression and low self esteem. I saw the pics you posted of your hair, it doesn't even look that bad. I'm serious.

I'm guessing that from a young age you had a person or authority figure in your life that always put you down? I could be wrong, I'm just speaking from personal experience. I see you post stuff like this and I can relate a lot man.

My self esteem is ultra fucked. I always had nice hair and now that it's starting to thin and recede it makes me feel like sh*t about myself.

And even before I started losing my hair and was in the best shape of my life, I lost the girl who I consider the love of my life.

Now I'm no wannabe cassanova ladies' man, but I've been with quite a few girls. Some of them really hurt me.

But with her it was totally different. We've known each other since we were young. I was never infatuated with her. We were close friends since childhood, she was the victim of sexual abuse by her dad and it really messed her up. I never looked at her the way I did anyone else. I truly loved her, and I still do.

It's been three years since we split and I still can't can't be with other people. I've tried, I even moved states and lived with another girl for a short time. She was gorgeous and understood how I felt, but ultimately I was still in love with the other girl. I left and ended up hurting her. What a great guy I am. She's ok though.

My point is, life is f*****g hard dude. You gotta stop feeling sorry for yourself so much. I'm saying this from personal experience. Work out a lot. Learn jiu jitsu. Find some way to build yourself up. Do something that makes you proud of yourself.

Hair loss sucks. But there are girls that like the buzz cut bro, it's not the end of the world. Yet. (That's another discussion.) Well I hope you at least read this, it took me a while to write it. Take care man.

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Listen bro, I saw your post about your ex girlfriend a couple of weeks ago and replied but you never said anything back. I'm gonna tell you the same thing again, you have depression and low self esteem. I saw the pics you posted of your hair, it doesn't even look that bad. I'm serious.

I'm guessing that from a young age you had a person or authority figure in your life that always put you down? I could be wrong, I'm just speaking from personal experience. I see you post stuff like this and I can relate a lot man.

My self esteem is ultra fucked. I always had nice hair and now that it's starting to thin and recede it makes me feel like sh*t about myself.

And even before I started losing my hair and was in the best shape of my life, I lost the girl who I consider the love of my life.

Now I'm no wannabe cassanova ladies' man, but I've been with quite a few girls. Some of them really hurt me.

But with her it was totally different. We've known each other since we were young. I was never infatuated with her. We were close friends since childhood, she was the victim of sexual abuse by her dad and it really messed her up. I never looked at her the way I did anyone else. I truly loved her, and I still do.

It's been three years since we split and I still can't can't be with other people. I've tried, I even moved states and lived with another girl for a short time. She was gorgeous and understood how I felt, but ultimately I was still in love with the other girl. I left and ended up hurting her. What a great guy I am. She's ok though.

My point is, life is f*****g hard dude. You gotta stop feeling sorry for yourself so much. I'm saying this from personal experience. Work out a lot. Learn jiu jitsu. Find some way to build yourself up. Do something that makes you proud of yourself.

Hair loss sucks. But there are girls that like the buzz cut bro, it's not the end of the world. Yet. (That's another discussion.) Well I hope you at least read this, it took me a while to write it. Take care man.

Thanks bro, you make my problems seem real small.

But you're right my self esteem is really fucked. I think it's a combinaton of things. I was pretty much brought up by my mum as my dad is very passive so never really learnt to be a confident male.

I also from an early age developed some kind of perfectionist mind set and never felt like i was good enough. Not sure where this came from. Possibly my mum putting my down. There are things in my childhood sticking out. Like when i was sick and my mum telling me off for being sick and i felt so bad because i couldn't do anything. Other moments when i was left out of the popular group and thought it was because i was ugly etc.

But yea, i don't know. My entire life has been full of over compensating this low self esteem and looks issue. I wish i never had a gfirlfreind or met this girl because it's made me 100x worse. Now i feel like i'm not good enough at all.

I feel like i'll never find a girl like her again. I think about her 24/7. I honestly want to blow my fuckng brains out. I think about her when i wake up, when i go to bed, when i'm bored, when i'm driving to work at work. I was happier being alone.

f*** it hurts. Life is f*****g tough you're right but sometimes you can only take so many punches before you don't want to get back up again.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score

But you're right my self esteem is really fucked. I think it's a combinaton of things. I was pretty much brought up by my mum as my dad is very passive so never really learnt to be a confident male.

I also from an early age developed some kind of perfectionist mind set and never felt like i was good enough. Not sure where this came from. Possibly my mum putting my down. There are things in my childhood sticking out. Like when i was sick and my mum telling me off for being sick and i felt so bad because i couldn't do anything. Other moments when i was left out of the popular group and thought it was because i was ugly etc.

But yea, i don't know. My entire life has been full of over compensating this low self esteem and looks issue. I wish i never had a gfirlfreind or met this girl because it's made me 100x worse. Now i feel like i'm not good enough at all.

I feel like i'll never find a girl like her again. I think about her 24/7. I honestly want to blow my fuckng brains out. I think about her when i wake up, when i go to bed, when i'm bored, when i'm driving to work at work. I was happier being alone.

f*** it hurts. Life is f*****g tough you're right but sometimes you can only take so many punches before you don't want to get back up again.
Hey man many guys on here including myself have and are in your shoes. We feel like we aren't good enough and that we totally blew our only chance of true love...trust me, we know what you mean. I wish I had a majoc pill to bring back your ex, hell I would take the pill in a heart beat myself!..life has grabbed you by balls. Find comfort in knowing that you are definitely not alone. And think about what the other guys wrote to you. They obviously care as well and that in itself can help...one thing o do when in down (just like you), is I help others out. I feel good about myself when I do that. I would want someone to reach their hand out to me when I'm down so I do the same when I can for others. Many will not do the same, we all know that, but if you can manage to build your character in can also help. Hope you got something out of this.

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man many guys on here including myself have and are in your shoes. We feel like we aren't good enough and that we totally blew our only chance of true love...trust me, we know what you mean. I wish I had a majoc pill to bring back your ex, hell I would take the pill in a heart beat myself!..life has grabbed you by balls. Find comfort in knowing that you are definitely not alone. And think about what the other guys wrote to you. They obviously care as well and that in itself can help...one thing o do when in down (just like you), is I help others out. I feel good about myself when I do that. I would want someone to reach their hand out to me when I'm down so I do the same when I can for others. Many will not do the same, we all know that, but if you can manage to build your character in can also help. Hope you got something out of this.

thanks bro
it's just the fact she left me for a dude who is a NW1 model kills me

jcb9513

My Regimen
Reaction score

But you will find another girl if you let yourself. It's just attachment and lust you feel for her. She was your first ever girlfriend right? Dude everyone goes through this, most just get it out of the way when they're younger lol.

You're gonna be fine man. Quit stressing so much over hair loss for one, because you still have plenty of hair. And even if you were bald, there are insanely hot females that are with ugly or super average guys. Look up STPeach's boyfriend lol. Your personality is what matters the most.

You should quit with the suicidal talk. Trust me bro, I understand that feeling better than most people. But your situation is not that big of a deal if you look at it from a rational point of view. Literally everyone goes through it, like I said. It's silly if you think about it. As soon as you're over it you'll feel embarrassed that you let it to bother you so much. I know from experience.

You seem to be overly concerned with looks in my opinion. It might sound cliché but looks are not everything, it's what's inside that counts man. The soul. When you find you love someone for their soul you'll understand what I mean. No offense my friend but it's immaturity on your part.

Forget being down on yourself dude. That's just neuroticism. Learn some f*****g martial arts. I'm serious. Don't start talking about taking punches until you've literally taken punches and learned how to slip, duck, and roll with them. Learn how to counter punch.

You don't need that girl. You will get over it. It's time to realize that. You're a young man in the prime of your life, but it won't last forever. Use the time you have to get stronger, physically and mentally. Do this and you'll develop confidence. Develop confidence and girls will like you. Don't be passive, be calm. Learn how to control your emotions. Exercise and martial arts will help you with this. Be brave. Take care of yourself man.

Last edited: