Is It Worth It Giving Up? (serious) | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Is It Worth It Giving Up? (serious)

Discussion in 'The Impact of Hair Loss' started by Feelsbadman, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Feelsbadman

Feelsbadman Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    After my first and only ever girlfriend broke up with me a month ago i'm starting to think it's just not worth it anymore.

I was born ugly, pale, short, receding hair. I try so so hard to looksmax. i've been compensating for years.

i realised that if i cut to super low body fat, eat certain foods, cut my hair a certain way then the difference i get in attention is huge. Girls treat me so much better. they look at me smile at me. It's crazy . that's how i got a gf in the first place. But it's soo hard to maintain this. So much sacrifice.

I envy guys that are naturally tall have good facial features and hair. They can eat what they want, drink, etc and still look good

Anyway sometimes i think that during our relationship my looksmaxing got found out. She probably realised that i'm not that good looking. Probably saw my true side.

I'm starting to think maybe it's just not worth it anymore. What is the point? Most girls these days are fucked. Will just monkey branch to better looking guys.

i'm thinking of just shaving my head, going my own way and completely disregarding girls etc it's not worth it anymore.

Some are just meant to win others are not.

2. disfiguredyoungman

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
  3. justinbieberscombover

justinbieberscombover Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    For once and all - can y'all stop using "pale" as an excuse lmao.. Chris Evans is pale for fuck's sake.

nds-the-91st-annual-academy-awards-at-news-photo-1127197801-1554733364.jpg?crop=0.668xw:1.00xh;0.jpg

chris-evans.jpg

86d73fd9324841e2baa0f0042a320644.jpg

4. disfiguredyoungman

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    tomJ and blackg like this.
  5. justinbieberscombover

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I agree. The problem is just the missing hair, not the skin tone.

blackg likes this.
  6. xetrys

xetrys Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    melanotan maxx

7. justinbieberscombover

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    G2IOm0q.png

DNdYC0AX0AA9NX_.jpg

Tonje-Hagen.jpg

blackg and Hangin'on Hair like this.
  8. xetrys

Dislikes Received:
    genetically_cursed likes this.
  9. Feelsbadman

Dislikes Received:
    You don't understand

I look like I'm sick. I have natural dark circles and I'm extremely pale. I look like I have a disease. I have no healthy glow

tomJ and blackg like this.
  10. xetrys

Dislikes Received:
    if you didn't try melanotan you haven't even tried looksmaxxing tbh

blackg likes this.
  11. HLV

HLV Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    lookism is probably the forum you should stick to although knowing how negative that place is I don’t blame you for wanting to ask for advice somewhere else. I’ve never understood why people don’t try and help each other on that forum. instead they just attack and insult each other. It’s a waste of time.

HLV

tomJ and DoctorHouse like this.
  12. DyingOfTheLight

DyingOfTheLight Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Meme response. I've been to Japan many times and my gf is hapa. Women there are at least as superficial as in the west, don't get tricked into thinking they're all conservative slavish waifus 'cause some of them fetishize white skin. Balding is a literal social death setence there; way worse even than in Europe.

OP, you can't really ever give up while you still live in a society that constantly stirs up your desires. MGTOW is nonsense. It's a futile battle against an inescapable reality and your very own nature. It's your pride trying to protect itself. Trying to give up means a lifelong struggle with hope and your instinctive urges. You're not a monk in some remote tibetan monastery. Untill science develops more extensive, immersive methods of coping , you either kill yourself or you fight.

ObsoluteTinker likes this.
  13. Feelsbadman

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks man i just feel so weak I miss my gf and I'm only getting uglier
    The tour is over for me I should just end it

14. disfiguredyoungman

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    And I've lived there for 15 months. OP is not slick bald but receding and able to cover it up with a good haircut, huge difference. If my pig ugly balding friend got a girlfriend there he can too.

15. DyingOfTheLight

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Neato, where did you stay? I lived in Osaka for a while. Anyway, I know 'pig ugly' men who get decent looking women in the west too. Mismatched couples are always outliers though, everywhere in the world, racial fetishism alone doesn't make up for a piss poor face. And since you've lived there as well you surely know how negatively gaijin hunters/interracial marriages are viewed. Some may experiment on the down low but almost no girls from a reputable family will risk a serious relationship (marriage) with a foreigner. Hell even my gf who was born and raised in Japan will never be truly accepted solely because she's mixed.

But if OP is indeed a low norwood drama queen he can get women wherever tbh

16. disfiguredyoungman

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I was sent to the backwater colony that is Mie prefecture, so almost every weekend I either went to Osaka or Kyoto to party or take long walks. Maybe so, but OP could compensate a lot of the features he described as negative. He didn't sound like a butt ugly dude from his descriptions. Short? Not in Japan. Small frame? not relative to Japanese competitors.Pale? That's a plus and so on.
    All I know was that all the dudes that wanted to got a Japanese girlfriend and often punched way above their weight class. All the English teachers even the bald ones were married etc. I think the Japanese are good at tolerating things such as interracial marriages, even though they are neither considered normal nor optimal. Same thing goes for hafus. They are tolerated, maybe sometimes even idealized but they will never be a part of normal, proper Japanese life.
    Either way the initial comment was partly tongue in cheek...only go to Japan if you are really, really fed up with western women and prepare to be treated like a black guy in the 70s. Some will admire you, some will dislike you, no one considers you to be normal.

17. DyingOfTheLight

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    True in the sense that you'll likely never face open hostility, but never being more than a curiosity to the local population seems like a truly lonely and miserable existence, especially over time.

I lived in Osaka for a while during my PhD research in microbial biotech. I find the cities to be overrated tbh, but the countryside is stunning and serene. I'd enjoy getting old there, lonely or not.

disfiguredyoungman likes this.
  18. Wolf Pack

Wolf Pack Moderator My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Lol. Anyone can get a girlfriend though even when you factor in looks, well almost everyone. Only people with personality hiccups struggle and this is more common than ugliness stopping someone. Is he aware of how he is and how is his self esteem? In my experience, most plod along and block it out but the insecurity stays.

19. disfiguredyoungman

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yeah but not everyone can get a decent girlfried. I think he is pretty well adjusted and used to play out his hand. He knows he is not the most attractive guy but doesn't seem to care much.

Wolf Pack likes this.
  20. Feelsbadman

Dislikes Received:

I wish you could grab me in real life and yell this to me. this is what i need