is it possible..

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
first off put up a couple of pictures with your hair properly back. To give a good idea of whats needed we need to see the full scale. im not sure wether you need minoxidil yet until i see how bad your hairline is. Finasteride though is a definate. I disagree that all you have is a mature hairline.

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
first off put up a couple of pictures with your hair properly back. To give a good idea of whats needed we need to see the full scale. im not sure wether you need minoxidil yet until i see how bad your hairline is. Finasteride though is a definate. I disagree that all you have is a mature hairline.
watcha think of my hair?
too far back to be a mature hairline??

I still have not much idea between the difference with mature hairline or male pattern baldness

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
to be honest heyitsthatguy the jury it out on your hair. If i was to guess i would say youll be the type of guy that will bald very slowly and whos hair will thin over the years. I could be wrong but that would be my guess. I think its a tad more than a mature hairline but your hair is still thick and healthy. The only thing would worry me was the 'gaps' in your hairline though as i said i think you will thin slowly. meds should work well for you. I wouldnt worry too much. You wont be bald anytime soon imo.

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah i tend to agree, but i also want to hang on to that hope that its just normal etc. spose the sooner i get on meds the better, same goes for the guy who posted up pics earlier in this thread.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Oknow said:
I have recceded a bit, but is this something that happens with age anyway?
Oknow, you are definitely at a NW2 level.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:

This is as far as I can pull it back, I just got it cut. My hairline btw has been like this since 20. Finasteride are there very bad side effects with it?

Attachments

• upload13.jpg
    upload13.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 199
  • upload14.jpg
    upload14.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 176

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Oknow said:

I see. Is there a possibility that it won't receed further?

If not, how can I treat this?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Heyitsthatguy, your hairline looks exactly like the actor in that Twilight vampire movie Robert Pattison. You are not him are you? That guy is definitely receding and I wonder if he is using Propecia.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Oknow said:
DoctorHouse said:
Oknow said:

I see. Is there a possibility that it won't receed further?

If not, how can I treat this?
The big three is a good start to try to keep what you have. How old are you? Look at your family history for some of those answers. Most likely you will recede more due to aging. I have receded more in the last 3 years than I have my whole life and this came way later in my life.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
The big three is a good start to try to keep what you have. How old are you? Look at your family history for some of those answers. Most likely you will recede more due to aging. I have receded more in the last 3 years than I have my whole life and this came way later in my life.

I'm 23.

Family history, brother is 24 - similar amount of receeding. Uncles all have some receeding, however only one has lost all his hair. The others hairline is just NW3 max at 40 (without the bald patch). Bald patches are not common. I have one uncle who has a fairly thick amout of hair.

Male cousins have their hair on their head at 27-28. Grandad is bald, but he is 80.

So...it is hard to tell, probably will lose it, but if I lose a significant amount late later on in life (40 onwards) it won't bother me.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
theres different types of guys not naming any names..

People who post nearly exclusively for reaction - IBM, GHG
The downers - Uman, dudemon
Deluded and annoying - IBM...IBM..AND...IBM
Real talkers - Petchsky..house..barcafan.saf
Silly but likeable - CCS.. kerzy
Kaleb, I am really sorry about my comment about your expression lines. I really honestly meant no harm and was joking. I appreciate that you put me in the elite category with some of the "normal" posters.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Oknow, I think as long as you use the Big Three you probably will go no further than a NW3 well into your 40's or 50's. I don't think you have anything to worry about as most aggressive hair loss would have happened earlier.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Oknow, I think as long as you use the Big Three you probably will go no further than a NW3 well into your 40's or 50's. I don't think you have anything to worry about as most aggressive hair loss would have happened earlier.

Yep, that is what I thought as well. I have been for example comparing my hairline since 2 years ago and it hasn't changed. For example it is always when I push my hair completely back that it is noticable that I have receeded. or if I shave all of my hair off.

I have looked into the big 3 but I am afraid of the side effects - impotence etc. If I started using the big 3 would I have to stay on it for life? And btw what is the big 3?

Do you think that there is there a good chance that if I let nature take its course without using the big 3 that I will just be NW3 max naturally at 40 in the worst case scienario?

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Heyitsthatguy, your hairline looks exactly like the actor in that Twilight vampire movie Robert Pattison. You are not him are you? That guy is definitely receding and I wonder if he is using Propecia.
Nah, im not Robert Pattinson lol. Doubt hes using propecia, hes abit older than me so its probably just a mature hairline in his case...
plus its lower than mine anyways

edit: just looked at some pics of him. his hairs perfect, its not even a mature hairline atm.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Oknow, you really don't know what will happen without treatments or with treatments. If you are genetically lucky you will still have a full head of hair in your 40's or 50's. If you are so worried than just get your doctor to administer the genetic test for balding by hairdx.com. My doctor is looking into for me as I would like to know if I am a good Propecia responder. Who knows maybe my hair may have receded about the same even if I never used anything.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Oknow, you really don't know what will happen without treatments or with treatments. If you are genetically lucky you will still have a full head of hair in your 40's or 50's. If you are so worried than just get your doctor to administer the genetic test for balding by hairdx.com. My doctor is looking into for me as I would like to know if I am a good Propecia responder. Who knows maybe my hair may have receded about the same even if I never used anything.

So basically, losing hair is all hit or miss? which comes down to luck? Have you by any chance have any pictures of your hair? Oh and how old are you? I mean does when you receed hair give a good indication on how badly you will receed in the future e.g. I don't think my hairline has receeded that aggressively given my age (not far off 24 for example), but then again I don't know...it could probably be much worse.

For sure I will go to my doctor and get him to look at my hair.

Attachments

• upload4.jpg
    upload4.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 189
  • upload3.jpg
    upload3.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 187

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
My hair is pretty much as good as Tom Cruises or Keanu Reeves basically age related thinning and recession and I am little bit younger than them. My dad was balding at 18 years old and is a NW6/7. I don't think my Norwood level should ever move past a NW3 for the rest of my life but who knows.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
My hair is pretty much as good as Tom Cruises or Keanu Reeves basically age related thinning and recession and I am little bit younger than them. My dad was balding at 18 years old and is a NW6/7. I don't think my Norwood level should ever move past a NW3 for the rest of my life but who knows.

How old were you when you hit NW2?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I am just about becoming a NW2 now. It took a very long time for it to happen.