is it possible..

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
oknow you need to pull your hair back and take a picture of the whole hairline.

Yeah definently have receeded, but is it v badly receeded?

Attachments

• upload15.jpg
    upload15.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 181

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Oknow, So what is your game plan on how to keep your hair from going from a NW2 to NW3 before you reach 40.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Oknow, So what is your game plan on how to keep your hair from going from a NW2 to NW3 before you reach 40.

Will probably get things checked out by my doctor before I contemplate taking any of the big 3 suppliments. In the mean time I have been working on improving my diet. How badly is my hair in the NW2 stage?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You don't even look like you have any hair loss. The way you wear your hair could even fool some professional Norwood spotters into thinking you have no problems. You are just at the beginning of hitting the NW2 level so you are in good shape. It could remain that way for a long time. By the time you hit a NW3, I am sure we will have something better to bring you back to a NW2 or NW1. I figured in my case the same thing.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Must ne noted that thinning is seen into your hair from the hairline. At your age i think thats a bad sign. personally id go on the treatments. I wouldnt go by what your doctor says. Read up yourself on all this stuff and youll know what needs done.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
You don't even look like you have any hair loss. The way you wear your hair could even fool some professional Norwood spotters into thinking you have no problems. You are just at the beginning of hitting the NW2 level so you are in good shape. It could remain that way for a long time. By the time you hit a NW3, I am sure we will have something better to bring you back to a NW2 or NW1. I figured in my case the same thing.

I have a widows peak, that's it. That is for sure. My crown has no problems with it, and is very very thick. And as you can see, unless I purposely push it back, you can't really see the extent of it even if it is pushed up, again just will see the widows peak. My hairline hasn't changed for 2/3 years.

Attachments

• crown.jpg
    crown.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 202

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oknow said:
unless I purposely push it back, you can't really see the extent of it even if it is pushed up,

no offense but thats how hair loss is judged. You cant say to yourself because it looks ok brushed forward that your hair is immune to male pattern baldness. Im sorry but your hair is thinning at the front and the hairline.. its evident from that picture.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fair enough dude thanks for your input.

Well, currently I have started a 6 month course of Nourkrin, I will probably reassess everything once I hit 24 in a few months. If the situation worsens, then I will definently look into the big 3. I am not too keen on starting the big 3 yet due to the side effects that may come with them. Also instead of using gel/wax, I am starting to use olive oil (sound stupid I know) if I ever feel that I need to use a product.

My hair by the way has always been pretty fine/wavy, just have had a lot of it

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
Oknow said:
unless I purposely push it back, you can't really see the extent of it even if it is pushed up,

no offense but thats how hair loss is judged. You cant say to yourself because it looks ok brushed forward that your hair is immune to male pattern baldness. Im sorry but your hair is thinning at the front and the hairline.. its evident from that picture.

The thing is, is there a chance that it could just remain the way it is without heavy treatment? Or even if it worsens , recedes to NW3 much later on in life?

Boondock

Reaction score
Yes, there is a chance you could remain with just a mature hairline. The alternative likely possibility is that it's receding, but only very slowly. Based on how it's been at this stage for a few years, I'd doubt you're in the aggressive hairloss category.

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
meh, you've started a million threads and there all the same...plus just coz you started it doesn't mean its yours..

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys hope you enjoy these spooooky cooookieesss whoooooo!

ghostlongr.jpg

Cookies are a favorite for any occasion. Make these for trick-or-treaters, take them to a school or church bazaar or fill a tin for a neighbor. Add names to the ghosts to use at place settings. You can even use these cookie cutters to make special lunchbox sandwiches -- just cut shapes from bread and add peanut butter.

You Will Need
Halloween cookie cutters: BOO, EEK and ghost shapes (available from http://www.wilton.com)
Tube of black icing gel, to outline BOO and EEK cookies and add features to ghosts
Orange and black paste food colors to color dough

Royal Icing for ghost cookies (see recipe, Step 11)
Pastry brush

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 cups all-purpose flour
Egg yolk for solid orange cookies

What to Do
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.

2. In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Beat in egg and vanilla.

3. Add baking powder and then flour one cup at a time, mixing after each addition. The dough will be very stiff. Blend last flour in by hand. (If necessary add a little water to dough if crumbly.) Do not chill dough.

4. Divide dough into three balls. Set one aside and leave uncolored. Knead or mix orange food color in the second ball and black food color into the third. Cover each ball with plastic wrap and keep covered when not working with it.

5. For all cookies, roll dough slightly thinner than the cutter.

6. To make uncolored cookies, roll dough and cut various shapes.

7. To make striped cookies, roll sections of colored and uncolored dough together, side by side, and then cut out cookies. (They will look like the orange, black and white BOO and EEK cookies in photo, above.)

8. For the orange BOO and EEK cookies, use uncolored dough. After cutting out shapes, mix orange food color with egg yolk and "paint" cookies with pastry brush before baking.

9. Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a rack.

Recipe makes 3-4 dozen cookies.

Icing the Cookies
10. To decorate BOO and EEK cookies, outline baked cookies with black icing gel as shown in photo.

11. For ghost cookies, leave uncolored and add features with black icing gel or color white with Royal Icing made as follows:
3 egg whites, 1 pound confectioners' sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar. Beat all ingredients at high speed for 7 to 10 minutes or until icing forms stiff peaks. To thin, add 3 to 4 tablespoons water, a small amount at a time until icing is the consistency of heavy cream.
"Paint" icing on ghost shapes with a pastry brush.

Recipe will ice 2 dozen cookies.