Is It Possible To Take All The Donor Hairs And

CuriosityInbound

My Regimen
Reaction score
transplant them on the top with moderate density?

As far as I know generally most men have about 6-8000 available donor grafts for extraction otherwise donor area starts to appear thin. So what if I don't care about having hair in the horseshoe areas and want to move all of the available donor hairs on top of the head?

Then these 6-8000 can't be atleast doubled so you get about 15000 grafts available for transplantation to the top of the head. If we take 70 grafts per sq cm it equals to about 200 sq. cm of top area you can cover.

Yes, you have to deal with FUE scars(which is the only type i'm considering) but you can accurately tattoo the back of your head and still look fine and unscarred.

Also, I'm fine with this growing older and unable to be changed. It is a way better alternative to just being an old sack with sparse thin through hair all over the head.

Something like this( guy on the left)

QzjGM9J.png

Not as wide(won't have enough grafts)

BCaGhPS.png

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Anything is possible, but not many doctors would agree to do it is my guess. It would take a number of procedures as the donor amount would be small so the scalp can heal between them. You would also have to worry about necrosis if they attempt to over saturate the scalp with grafts.

el_duterino

Reaction score
Not sure if this would look good when your 50 years old or more but I have thought the same

With a good Fue surgeon you won't see any scars no need for tattoos

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
The grafts may not all survive the move with their new blood supply and you can get skin damage - these are the main issues. Plus it's not natural to walk around like "Ragner" and it will attract the wrong type of looks. Particularly as you get older, possibly without those model looks and body will amplify the problem. He's doing it for a show but day to day for a common man it just isn't feasible.

This is "Ragner" in real life and you can see he's very normal.

travis-fimmel-1493789357.jpg

I agree though, sparse hair on top is hard to handle but last thing you want is to sparse donor hair too by overharvesting. This looks abnormal and extremely bad. Like a generalised alopecia disease where you really should shave.

dupa_sample.jpg

A better plan is to take medication early on and stay within your limits transplant wise. For me it's 10k donor grafts but after around 6k it would include FUT to prevent the donor depletion look. Plus microscars from FUE can become more noticeable if you have like 10k dots and tattooing all those won't make it look normal no matter what some surgeon says. I have no intention of getting near that and that's where finasteride (and genetics) comes in.

This patient was on Propecia for 3 years and had stabilised before his surgery. It's really the template for others but if you act late or couldn't take the medication/respond, it becomes impossible. Native hair's characteristics in terms of naturalness and density is hard to replicate especially in advanced balding so holding onto it is vital.

Advanced cases where the hair is already lost and they are struggling to cope, should shave it off and maintain some kind of thin buzz transplant for a slight boost but in some cases it works very well. Or get a wig for the full benefit if they can handle wearing one.