IS HAIRLOSS THE WORST THING EVER HAPPENED TO YOU?

IS HAIRLOSS THE WORST THING EVER HAPPENED TO YOU?

• Total voters

Deaner

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure people from Cancer help forums would love to sh*t all over your breakfast plate right now.

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
My life has been really good, so to answer your question......yes.

G

You people are pathetic.

Hair loss is just a cosmetic thing. Guess you lot must have had sheltered lives huh?

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
you guys have no clue

i had an incredibly rough upbringing and it only got worse

then i got/have a sh*tstorm of serious and life threatening medical problems and hairloss is STILL the worst thing that's ever happened to me

it's all subjective: it's all relative

everything isn't as monochrome as your minds would like it to be

people kill themselves over random stuff you've never even thought of before

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gilgamesh said:
you guys have no clue

........everything isn't as monochrome as your minds would like it to be

Gee Gilgamesh, I wish I had your omnipotent insight.

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah it's fly being omnipotent

b****s love me cuz they know bout the Norwood

and the omnipotence

where the f*ck did Branco go

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sometimes its also very relative to where you are in life. If my hair was falling out when i was married with children and had a steady job earning a nice income, of course it would bother me...

but nowhere near as bad as it does as a recent college grad..the most pressure on me in every single instance and i have to sit and worry about hair loss on top of everything else. I dont need it...Its something i feel like i should not be worrying about right now. Its worse the younger you are when this sh*t starts, thats why most children dont have to deal with this. Could you imagine a child being expected to handle losing his hair?

I also feel most people who live hard lives, are rewarded with hair loss for all of their efforts. Its the ones blessed with easygoing lives who never have to worry about a thing who look the best. It doesnt seem really fair to me.

smudge

Established Member
Reaction score
random said:
You people are pathetic.

Hair loss is just a cosmetic thing. Guess you lot must have had sheltered lives huh?

Well excuse me for not getting *** raped by the nearest AIDS infected price gouging crack dealer.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Sorry about this posting, I am usually a positive contributor here and don't denigrate anyone, but this thread is assinine. Stupid.

Hairloss is NOT the worst thing that has or will happen to ANY of us.

If you are THAT affected by hairloss, then you have deeper esteem issues than just what has changed on the surface of your skin.

Yes, hairloss is a b**ch. It can be depressing, and seem unfair. Yes, hairloss really sucks, and has an impact on our visual attractiveness to others. BUT, to claim it to be the worst thing that has happened in one's life is insane.

Living your life in a cave, or under a hat, or shying away from life because of hairloss is a symptom of mental illness far more serious than the hairloss itself. You are attributing FAR too much importance to your hairline than is normal for a functioning and adjusted human being.

This world has no love for people who are engrossed in self pity. If you want to take the self pity route, then see ya... you'll slide right down the tubes and find a miserable life well enveloped in comfortable isolation and misery.

Get your heads out of your asses. Yes, you are losing your hair. But, you have still got to live and live strong. Hiding in a cave is just a waste of your life. Get your life back. Wake the f*** up. f*****g shed this self pity bullshit and do something amazing with your life. Hairloss should not stop you from this? I just don't get it?

sdgsxr

Reaction score
apparently you dont get it.... I am 19 and loosing my hair. THis is probably the worst thing that has happened to me. Try being a 2nd year college kid who is balding.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I do get it. I started balding at the same age as you. Actually, I had a solid NW2 going at 17. I could buy beer at age 17, my friends telling me that 'my hairline makes me look mature' while giving me their money to buy sauce. Yes, I hated it back then, but in the years after I realized what fool I was and how wasteful self pity was in my life.

All I am saying is that you have two choices:

You can be a 19 year old college student who is balding, and has let it overcome all other joy in his life, hides in a cave, under a baseball cap, and dwells on how miserable it is.

OR

You can be a 19 year old college student who is balding, but has refused to let it control your life. You have goals and aspirations independent of your male pattern baldness condition, you are extroverted, aggressive in your social life, enjoying this precious young time in your life to the fullest.

All I am saying is that you can allow yourself to be person 1, or person 2. Your call.

YES, be concerned about hairloss. And YES, take your treatments, as I do. But letting it preoccupy and waste your life by flooding you with paralyzing self-pity hurts nobody but yourself. It is nothing more than a waste of time. Don't waste your time, or your life. LIVE. And live with soul! Revel in your own life, male pattern baldness notwithstanding.

There are 19 year olds coming home from Iraq with limbs missing. I just saw a blurb on tv about one of them who got a prosthetic limb, and actually returned to his unit! After that term, he is now working part time at Walter Reed, counseling soldiers with severe injuries, oh, and running competitively in 10Ks on his free time. This guy is amazing, he has simply refused to let the loss of his limb reduce the awesomness in the way he lives his life. Despite the fact that this guy has a fake leg, he just oozes charisma because he has an unbreakable self confidence.

This is a challenge. Whether you let it turn you into a cowering pussy, or you handle it as just another everyday challenge that you don't let affect the quality of your life is a choice for you to make.

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
this is def the worst thing that has happened to me that was long term.... that occupies close to 50 % of my daily thought .... obviously there are a lot worse things that i would never even be able to compare to hair loss as a long term thing (like cancer for example) but thank god i dont have anything like that so yes it is the worst thing

The Gardener

Reaction score
Hairloss is a terrible thing... yes. It is a defrockment of a symbol of masculinity and youth, two things that this society worships.

BUT, it is not something worth enveloping yourself in misery over. It is not worth the sacrifice of time in your precious life.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Hairloss is a terrible thing... yes. It is a defrockment of a symbol of masculinity and youth, two things that this society worships.

BUT, it is not something worth enveloping yourself in misery over. It is not worth the sacrifice of time in your precious life.
While I do agree with alot of what you are saying gardener, I do get nausiated and sickened by the shows all over tv like Dr 90210 or MTV I want a famous face. Watching these f*****g pieces of sh*t on tv get fake breasts or liposuction or lip implants ...whatever else these vain shallow b****s want, its at their fingertips, i cant help to get angry for having the same type of desire to look my best but being told to "Deal with it". If I can watch Jessica Simpson cry about how insecure zits on her chin made her feel until she found Proactive, I am reassured that getting depressed over my hair looking like sh*t constantly is NATURAL. Its the constant feeling of not looking your best..theres no point to it. Everyone should look how they were made. You're fat, you stay fat. Youre skinny- you stay skinny. What is this - youve got beautiful locks- OH NOT ANYMORE joke thats being played on us.

Melbs

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... its a hard one to answer... while i agreewith The Gardner, what this post demonstrates is VERY variable from person to person. Clearly cancer is worse... AIDs worse, missing limbs, you name it... male pattern baldness would be a better choice of many victims of such harsh diseases and suffering.

For most us us... were lucky not to have to deal with something greater than male pattern baldness... however it dosen't rule out the fact, that for some it may indeed be the worst thing thats happened to them... like Jessica Simpsons pimples (cough). I

look back on my years, im 25, and can't really pinpoint a massive event or occasion that has consumed me day in and day out like hairloss... ive had no close family members die, no massive career setbacks, big girlfriend issues, disease, disability and so on... so i think i could vote here on this thread as "male pattern baldness is the worst thing that has happened to me"... it has made me pissed off, insecure, angry, cry, feel helpless, ugly, unlucky, singled out and depressed... so i think its fair to say that it rates as one of the worst things that has happened to me for sure. Not many things have the power to inflict such emotional and physical stress on someone.

Bottom line is that were lucky in a sense we havent been struck with life threatening ilness or disease, but definately unlucky to have to deal with male pattern baldness... theres not much going for baldness. If you can be strong in your mind and beat it... i definately congratulate you... sometimes we can... sometimes we cant.

jfhawk06

Established Member
Reaction score
gilgamesh, for how smart you seem to portray yourself on these boards, you have an extremely skewed perception of whats important. everytime i come on these boards you're speaking about having major plastic surgery, or castration, or galea removal....you need help more than gunner, who everyone seems to think has extreme mental problems.