Irishpride86's Story - (22 / Propecia 7 month update PICS!)

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Irishpride86's Story - (22 / Propecia 4 mounth update PICS!)

Oknow said:
BodyDysmorphic said:

Its going back to normal

Yeah this.

Looks a lot better to me. I think the lighting was playing a bit of a part because it is virtually unnoticeable out in the sunlight, compared to some of those under the bathroom lights.
The horseshoes pattern that you could see earlier is starting to blend, looks like it is thickening up top again which is good news man.

To the nuffy who asked what was wrong with his hair, go back a few pages, he clearly lost a substantial amount of hair.

Motherfucker has a killer hairline still though.

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score

Yeah, your hair looks way better in natural sunlight.

Also some people think it looks thicker on the sides because when looking from the top the hair on the sides grows outward, giving the illusion its thinner on the top. Your hair loss looks equal through out, color and thicknesswise.

How are you splitting your pills irish?

Lion Reborn

Reaction score

Wow irish I never really read your story but now Ive looked through it and I have to agree with many people that your hair is starting to get really full again bro. Seriously keep it up man, hopefully we will both kick male pattern baldness in the nuts hella hard and it will cease to create offspring.

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score
how would you compare your propecia shed now to your non propecia shedding last month.

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score
3 months straight? I dont mean to be a doosh but that not what this says.

irish quote previous page: "May: Propecia 1 mg EXTREAM SHEDDING

May: 7th STOPPED Propecia 1 mg

June: hair getting a lil better OFF PROPECIA

July EXTREAM shedding OFF PROPECIA

July 8th Got back on propecia but ONLY 0.5 mg a day"

its sounds like you stopped shedding from Telogen Effluvium for 2 months and the started shedding from dht on the 3rd months of propecia. Now your shedding again immediately from the Telogen Effluvium again. Telogen Effluvium starts immediatly when you take propecia while the dht takes 2 months off propecia before it starts killing your hair again.

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score
Im past 9 months of propecia and i cant cover my head at all anymore with long hair. I donno what to do. I dont know what happened. I wanna bump it up to dutasteride, quit propecia, or do something new before starting minodil.

I got to make a move quick.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
200? damnnnnn. I guess it's actually not that bad bc propecia runs about 60 a month and you could be using it for years without knowing whether or not you'll be a good responder. Let us know your outcome.

lazman

Reaction score
it might be dupa. you're thinning above the ear and in the back as well. irishpride try to remember, were you/have you been thinning in non male pattern baldness areas before you got hit with the propecia shed? let me know, my hair is the same like yours thin in non male pattern baldness places too after a huge shed from stress. but we have to know if its androgenetically affected hair and it miniaturizes on the sides and back too we are f***d. if its not then it grows back for sure if it is then its truly dupa. and if it is god be with us :thumbdown2:

lazman

Reaction score
it can cause dupa because all of your hair is androgenetically sensitive. propecia sometimes causes reflex hyperandrogenecity and speeds up instead of just getting a telogen effluvium. but if all of this is true you should get good results from anti-androgenetic therapy. like higher doses of finasteride or quality dutasteride. higher doses of finasteride was effective in cureing female pattern baldness in great percent of women, which is very similar to our DUPA. so i would say if you have androgenetic alopecia manifested in dupa, by logic higher amount of dht blockers might be the treatment. if your minituarization mapping in the back and sides were normal though, then you do not have this condition. you might be experiencing real telogen effluvium. either is hair disaster just have to treat them differently. but it can also all be due to vascularity problems or some other endocrinologic defficiancies. i heard that the PRP treatment is perfect for people like us. and also irishpride if you used minoxidil on your whole head it would turn dark fur all over even if you dont grow hairs it would look much thicker. trust me...and if its real dupa like mine then i seriously think dht is responsible for DUPA...so staying on anti androgenetic therapy until you stop wanting hair is the option for us

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
I have some good news.... i took my finasteride response test by HAIRDX... I will know my results on 2 weeks.. the test is 95% correct.. and they also do a test for hairloss gene but im not gona waist money on somthing i already know.. i'll let you gusy know in 2 weeks what the results are.. I hope i will be a good resonder as it will give me more will power to push through these sheds...

ALSO i did have my scalp looked at and the doctor said my case is odd... he said I may need to have some blood work done as it looks like thyroid hairloss... there is a complete work of bloodwork i have an order for but i'm saving money up to do these blood tests..

One at a time i'll narrow down all the causes of my hairloss...

see you in 2 weeks !!
I think you made a smart move by doing the Hairdx test. After seeing how paranoid you have been all over this forum, you finally made the right decision which I recommend for anyone in doubt. Why the heck take a medication if you don't even know for sure you have male pattern baldness. People always want my advice on what to do. I have recommended at least get tested to see if you have a high risk for balding and then get tested to see if you would even respond to Propecia. And finally after all your parnoia, you followed through with the right decision. I remember frantically searching every hair loss forum for answers on why my hair got worse so quickly in a matter of months instead of years. So I understand your frustration but be patient in a few weeks you will hopeful find peace with all this paranoia. That test did not exist when I started. I would have done that test before I even touched Propecia if it existed over 3 years ago. I think every doctor should offer the test to anyone who can afford to do it before they start a NW1-NW2 on Propecia.

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score
Im lowering mine to .5 now. Too many of those posts sounded just like me. Notice the itching they mentioned which i have always said. My hair went so fast when i started propecia i dont think it could still be alive to come back.

So they just lowered it and that fixed it. Is that what most of them did to solve their problem? I donno if you looked to see what they did to solve it.

muhu

Established Member
Reaction score
irishpride invest on a digital camara man, those pictures are horrible for determining hair loss. Besides isn't it natural to see scalp if you have really short blonde hair?

your hairline is still intact for crying out loud. I seriously think everything's in your head.

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i have to kind of agree your overexgerating in this irishpride , those pics dont do any justice dif angles and one pic you have longer hair not even showing your hair just your face and your spiked hair

and so what if its getting worst now maybe its a shed?

just wait for the hairdx results

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
lol .. ha ha I wisgh it was all in my head... yes this is true my hairliine is still intact but my diffuse thinning is bad now...

King... thats for the pos. comments bro....

I should have my hairdx test by the end of the week..

I'm also using rogaine now.... so I hope things get better

believe me man i know its hard , but seriously try not to think about it , that will mess with your head BAD

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah its diffuse male pattern baldness. Quite obvious. Though things look ok at the moment and im sure it will be a slow process for you.

If it bothers you so much why do u keep shaving it. Let it grow out and spike it again. Seeing scalp everyday is only going to mess ur head up all the time.

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair does look like it's thinning a little. Now I didn't read all the pages of messages, but what changed? From the earlier pics it looked like everything was great. Maybe you should grow your hair out a little more, it looked great with your spiked look.

Nicky

Reaction score
irishpride86,

Your hairloss sounds similar to mine...
Dude, your hair is not that bad at all. The good thing is that you have hair all over your head, so after using the right medications your head could fill in quite nicely.

I have been 8 months on propecia and 3 months on topical anti-androgens.
i am a very good responder to those anti-androgen drugs.

The concept that a hair has to always shed in order to let a new hair grow thicker is wrong. The same hair can also thicken right away, without shedding.
And at the non-male pattern baldness growth speed you should be able to feel and notice a thicker hair shaft base in as soon as one or 2 weeks if the drugs are very effective.

the flaws i see in your regimen is that it does not address the issue of testosterone directly binding to the androgen receptors.

finasteride increases test. to about 120%, and 1 finasteride a day reduces scalp DHT by only 38%, which leaves still plenty enough of DHT to affect hair.
finasteride has 5 times the binding affinity of Testosterone, but if you end up with a lot of testosterone and little DHT, guess what will happen..testosterone will affect your hair.

you need to look into topicals that address testosterone binding, as well as blocking the left over (62% ?) of DHT to achieve a near-complete inhibition of androgens.

the best and safest drug out there is fluridil (Eucapil). this will inhibit the androgen receptors themselves, therefore you dont need to further lower your DHT levels, a hormone which is needed in our body for other purposes (libido etc..)

a few other drugs are called androgen-antagonists, meaning that they will bind to the androgen receptors to block it and prevent DHT or Test. to bind.

those are the Ru58841 and topical Flutamide, and Spiroloactone. Ru is very expensive and hard to obtain. flutamide is cheap but has side effects. spironolactone is a weak androgen antagonist but might work. i never used RU but i used the other drugs mentionned in my post.

Ok so now you wanna use minoxidil 2x a day to regrow. Well, your starting to grow new hair with minoxidil, but at the same time, u are not fighting with DHT and androgens as the new hairs continues to grow through their cycles. minoxidil is not a DHT blocker it helps hair regrow by increasing the blood flow to the follicle, but at the same time your hair follicles will be still attacked by DHT and androgens. One problem with propecia is that while it sharply reduces DHT, it also sharply increases scalp testosterone. I believe that testosterone (in addition to DHT) plays a role in hair loss. So if you're considering using propecia you should be sure to use an anti-androgen also. As a result it would be logical to use Finasteride (Propecia / Proscar) in conjunction with an anti-androgen. The former reduces the amount of DHT on your scalp while the latter blocks the remaning DHT at the receptor sites

I can assure you that you will experience success if you add those topical anti-androgens to your oral propecia. Don't stop the propecia, but you might eventually be able to reduce the propecia amount and still maintain.
ust like with any other drug that we have now, you have to understand the benefits, limits and set your expectation right.

Let suppose that Fluridil suppresses 30% of the AR..what does it mean ? that is not enough to have a major impact at stopping hairloss used on its own.
BUT when used with another anti-androgen which has a different mode of action..it will boost the overall effectiveness of the combo by 30%..(so to speak) which is very significant.
therefore it has to be used in combo with another anti-androgen such as RU or flutamide, spironolactone, finasteride etc..

the best approach to androgenc alopecia is a combo of drugs that targets the androgenic issues from different angles. But perhaps you don't need all the 3 drugs (finasteride+RU+Fluridil) to have success in your case, depending on how severe your stage of hairloss is.

Castrated men never go bald..they don't need minoxidil, they don't need a healthy diet or vitamins..they can eat burgers and drink beer all day & smoke and still not go bald..