Irishpride86's Story - (22 / Propecia 7 month update PICS!)

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Irishpride86's Story - (22 / Propecia 4 mounth update PICS!)

Usually if someone has hyperandrogencity they get the following symptoms such as very very oily face/scalp and maybe even the back, flared up acne and a very increased libido as well as heavy shedding, did any of those accompany your heavy shedding when you started finasteride?

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
YES ... MY SEX DRIVE HAS BEEN THROUGH THE ROOF .. AND I HAD ACNE ON MY BACK AND ODD BOILS .. as well as my scalp and my face are go f****ing greesy ... all happened within these past months...

My only concern is that i HOPE i can recover..

Like i stated my doctor did NOT DOING ANY TEST to suggest i had male pattern baldness .. i todl told her to give me the stuff as well as i wanted to start early ...

So said ok and gave it to me...

I saw her in month 2 and she was freaking out saying she has no idea why i shedded so much...

I just posted a reply to obsideans tread read that because i explained it even more...

ok my hair is getting worst on propecia , im on month 3 and 3 weeks so almost 4 months and its gone horribly bad i kind of see what irish pride means now

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score

i know you probably read alot of people here sayin, oh just keep it up theres always up and downs. i'm about to repeat what everyone says right now. i'v been on finasteride for past 2 yrs. it has been rollercoaster, seriously. good times, i could spike my hair up and be proud. shedding times, i would just wear hat and be depressed. it think more than the impact on the hair, the finasteride tries to turn me into a fuckin girl. I trip about little things and can't stop lookin in the mirror trying to determine whether or not my hair has improved. overall finasteride maintained my hair pretty well but it is so clear that im on the downhill now. my hairline looks like sh*t. IMO, finasteride and other treatments only last for couple of years for most people if they respond to the chemicals. if it's gonna put my hopes all high and kills it after couple of years, i wonder if it's worth becoming a f*****g silly girl. sorry for mumbling. good luck with your hair man.

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score

irishpride, youknow and the rest who are doubting that finasteride or thyroid is cauing reflex hperandro. The only way to tell is get a blood test done and let us know.

This way you can put all speculation to rest.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

thats a good idea to wean your-self off finasteride and not just stop it

you body should adjust easier

its really unfortunate that finasteride caused you RH

did the docs confirm it was RH?

Obsidian

Reaction score

Don't know. If you do have male pattern baldness and not something like a Thyroid disorder (it's pretty rare for men, I don't why people think that before male pattern baldness I guess denial or something) your hairloss may continue to progress and you never may reach the true baseline you were at before you started the meds.

NateF

Reaction score

I'm thinking of getting off it too. Not for the cost but I think it really messed my hair up. It's never been this thin. It hurts to just have it on my head. Can't say if my hair would be any worse but i don't now. It seems I'm one of the 10% it doesn't help. It's been 15 months.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

My 2cents on this...

Im guna be honest here with you. That picture where you say your hair is thick is not. Its not thin but it aint thick. Theres thinning in the middle of your hairline, bit at the temples and your hair is dry and fluffled up aswell as being blonde which gives illusion of thickness. If you had your hair dyed black and shaved it, then i would be sure there would have been evident thinning. Unfortunately for you i think this is just a classic case of diffuse balding that has kicked into over drive. plus probably a shed from the propecia. Getting of it in my eyes is a mistake. The answer to your hair is simple....ROGAINE.

You might not like that but diffuse losers from what ive seen in here go quick once they notice hairloss. Its the % density thing. All seems fine until you pass that golden point and then scalp just keeps apeearing stornger and stronger. Personally i think rogaine would do wonders for you. It seems to be the holy grial for alot of diffuse thinners. Mj9 and SE freak are testament to that.

I also might add you have the luxury of having a rounded face and head and would look good with a shaved head as you apply this stuff twice a day.

I would give the meds the proper time and rogaine IS for you. Dont be so scared of it. It really isnt that bad. If propecia freaks you out so much try dutasteride or cut down on your dosage.

Believing you dont have hair loss is worst thing you can do. You DO HAVE diffuse thinning. Your pictures are a classic example.

May the luck of the irish be with you my friend.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score

iwantperfection said:
My 2cents on this...

Im guna be honest here with you. That picture where you say your hair is thick is not. Its not thin but it aint thick. Theres thinning in the middle of your hairline, bit at the temples and your hair is dry and fluffled up aswell as being blonde which gives illusion of thickness. If you had your hair dyed black and shaved it, then i would be sure there would have been evident thinning. Unfortunately for you i think this is just a classic case of diffuse balding that has kicked into over drive. plus probably a shed from the propecia. Getting of it in my eyes is a mistake. The answer to your hair is simple....ROGAINE.

You might not like that but diffuse losers from what ive seen in here go quick once they notice hairloss. Its the % density thing. All seems fine until you pass that golden point and then scalp just keeps apeearing stornger and stronger. Personally i think rogaine would do wonders for you. It seems to be the holy grial for alot of diffuse thinners. Mj9 and SE freak are testament to that.

I also might add you have the luxury of having a rounded face and head and would look good with a shaved head as you apply this stuff twice a day.

I would give the meds the proper time and rogaine IS for you. Dont be so scared of it. It really isnt that bad. If propecia freaks you out so much try dutasteride or cut down on your dosage.

Believing you dont have hair loss is worst thing you can do. You DO HAVE diffuse thinning. Your pictures are a classic example.

May the luck of the irish be with you my friend.

Was exactly what I was thinking. I reckon if he had shaved down his head from the first picture and compared that to his latest one, it wouldn't even be all that different except for a little bit of a very NORMAL shed.
Has been blown way out of proportion, you could clearly see thinning when he started (obviously he could as well, why else would he said propecia?), sure it might recover that initial shed, but it won't be long before it starts along the path to balding again (which is when he will probably blame propecia for having started his balding).

Propecia doesn't kill hair follicles...

Anyways guess we'll see where you are at in a few months.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

No offense dude but your in serious denial...and the only person that guna hurt is you. You have diffuse thinning and getting off propecia is just guna let the balding gene do its nasty work on you. And as for the rogiane thing. you shud use it but ur choice. Your recent pictures of overhead shots looked thin and it will only get worse now off propecia. The fact you even started finasteride shows you were worried. The fact your here aswell. Who knows could be your thyroid but if my hair was getting thin that quick i know for sure I would not be dropping the stuff.

Balls in your court..play it how you want.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

1) take propecia and nizoial( and keep shedding despite what the Doctor told me)

finasteride does casue shedding. It happened with me and it stops after a while. Maybe you have that hyper androgenetic thing where you should then get off it as it wont help.

2) listen to you and get on rogaine and propecia and nizoral ( dispite what others on this board have advised me to do to NOT START rogaine)

As above if you have hr then get off finasteride. If not keep it going and i would use rogaine in your case. Another idea would be to take rogaine and stop the finasteride for a while to see if your hair gets better.

3) ween myself off meds and take thyroid meds and see if that helps.

You cant take thyroid meds if you dont have a thyroid issue. You wont get them and it would f*** you up.

4) get off all meds and see if I return to baseline...
Your hair may seem to thicken iff you do this(or maybe not) but you will in time start losing your hair naturally.

Best solution for you would probably be under number 2. Drop the finasteride and start taking rogaine. Rogaine will help your hair and meanwhile as you do that you can see how living without the finasteride will help/not help your hair. Then after a while you can decide whether to get back on it or not. But yes i think rogaine would be good for you. Just look at mj9s story or SE freaks. The reason you dont see recession is because you dont have the pattern type you have the diffuse type. This hair loss is sneaky as you look like you have full head of hair until the day the desnity drops to a point where scalp can be seen as in your case. The hair is still there just thinner. Rogaine will make that hair stronger and thicker. Usually it would be best to take finasteride with it but its up to you.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I dont need to read the story. i have been reading on hairloss for years. The reason they said not to get on it was because your hair was ok and you were on finasteride. Now that your coming off it I think they would think as i do. Now that you dont have finasteride in your regime your hair could take a hit.

I dont know why ppl are afraid of it. It does the most for hair cosmetic wise. finasteride keeps it rogaine grows it. Stuff worked well for me tho i got sides from it. but most do not. Ill be trying some again soon probably. Imo its good stuff.

As for thyroid i myself am on treatment. What is your tsh level?? what treatment do you take??

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

PPl here always say to start finasteride and then jump on rogaine when its worse. Main reasons being firstly applying it twice a day is a pain if your hair is looking fine (which it was) and that it should be kept for if hair starts to go quick..kinda keeping it as a last resort weapon. Yes these reaosn are fine but alot of guys just do the big three from the start. I did and some ppl told me i didnt needa do anything yet. Guys like you fear it becasue of the stories of major shedding etc. This is my eyes is BS. Sheddnig does happen but its not really that noticeable. esp not if your hea dis buzzed down to a half inch or shorter. And even if you do have a big shed. That means it comes back alot better usually. For every guy that says hes shed loads there as many say they didnt shed at all on the stuff.

i shed but it wasnt dramatic and not really much more than i usually do. I fully understand that your hair was alot better a while ago b4 xmas but this hairloss bullshit can go quick. As you took my hair for an example i must point out that my hair is dark. Hairloss doesnt show up so much on blonde hair so maybe you didnt notice what really was going on. Though your hair was definately thicker before i do think you had thinning. It could well be you just cant take the propecia again due to HR but rogaine i would definately give a go. If not now try it in 6months when you have given time to see if the finasteride fucked your hair or not. Trust me when i say this...rogaine will not make you bald and if anything youll feel alot better every night going to bed witht the stuff in your hair knowing that its doing you good.

As for your thyroid it could be affecting your hair. I myself have had this probem. My loss still may be from it but i think its a mixture of unagressive male pattern baldness and some thyroid thinning aswell. I had the eyebrow thing which has now sorted itself through the meds. I also noticed hair falling out of my arms very easily.

Get your money up and get on trreatments if you need it. And for the roagine it helps out with thyroid loss so you might aswell through it in the mix.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

No probs man.

Im not saying you neccesarily have to jump straight on it. You might want to give your hair a break. but yeah i would get on rogaine and nizoral.

In the mean time you could find out through bloods if you get hr from use of finasteride and sort your thyroid issues out.

good luck

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

It wont affect colour. no way. use a pipette so you can get the drops onto scalp and then just rub in for 15secs.

My advice would be to just use it twice a day for 4months and try not to analze hair. then look at a photo compared to before you started. Youll probably be pleasantly surprised.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

ah right cool. ok well i guess you shud just part your hair and try get it on your scalp best you can. Ask in the growth stimulants section how they do it best casue i only ever used the liquid stuff which as u can imagine was easier to get down to my scalp.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

i have never used foam so i really dont know.

Keeping hair is a life time commitment and not about hassle...sucks but thats the reality.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score

On the previous page you have 3 pics, in the recent top one your hair looks basically the same as it was a few months ago, I mean you would know your hair better then us, but going by the pic your hair looks great.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
Myth: Shedding is an indication that Propecia is working

It is not normal for Propecia to cause shedding at any time during its use. Binding the type 2 5-alpha reductase does not cause a shift from anagen to telogen, so no shedding would be expected to occur. If shedding does occur, it is not a sign that finasteride is working.

So shedding on finasteride means that it's not working? 90% of this forum is screwed then.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
well for 5 striaght months i shedding CRAZY and as you can tell from the pictures I challenge someone to show pictues of the shedding I occured while on propecia the shedding was like that for 5 straight months not normal propecia shedding.

Your hair looks basically the same in the recent pic albeit slightly shorter but you would know your own hair better then anyone else i suppose.