Involvement Of Mechanical Stress In Androgenetic Alopecia | Von Mises 2d Analysis Models

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are going to post all that and the proposed solution is going to be "scalp massage", I f*****g know it. All these "mechanical" theories always end with bullshit like this.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are going to post all that and the proposed solution is going to be "scalp massage", I f*****g know it. All these "mechanical" theories always end with bullshit like this.

is scalp massaging completely useless?

i thought it helped somewhat?

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think people denying that scalp tension has NOTHING to do with hair loss is not viewing all the facts. There are plenty of people that say they massaged heavily for months and grew hair and are not selling anything. I think this has helped me a lot in recovery. Botox into the scalp helps to regrow hair and has nothing to do with hormones. Hormones do not suddenly become problems out of the blue.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is scalp massaging completely useless?

i thought it helped somewhat?

try to press with tips of your fingers like when you make a shampoo, but press harder. you should have red spots . don't you? at least that's what it does to me. I guess it's a sign it helps with blood flow already?!. I don't see why it would make more harm than good to massage several minutes a day but man that's quite a routine...
for people who get bored to apply minoxidil for example it's a no go^^

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would have to see at least several people get half a Norwood back or thicken their existing hair significantly before I'd bother with massaging my scalp for even 5 minutes a day. What a pain in the ***. Doesn't anyone think of the time invested?

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would have to see at least several people get half a Norwood back or thicken their existing hair significantly before I'd bother with massaging my scalp for even 5 minutes a day. What a pain in the ***. Doesn't anyone think of the time invested?

The guy who runs perfect hair health only did scalp massage and he has a lot of people in his ebook and also on his site that did it. He does sell an ebook however all the info in the book is listed for free on his site and he answers people's questions if they bought the book or not. He is very well read and seems genuine. Again he literally posts everything for free on the site and just says to use your hands.

VonMises

My Regimen
Reaction score
The first three layers of the scalp firmly fused together constituting a surgically single unit above the loose aerolar tissue, and an overview of relaxed skin tension lines (RSTLs) at the scalp (skin layer) vs. von Mises stress model “With half opposite force rear” (Musculoaponeurotic layer):
upload_2018-6-1_23-3-9.png

Left hand picture is excerpt from ISBN 978-3-642-41254-7

Spice_Lord

My Regimen
Reaction score
How about induction of adipogenesis via insulin, dexamathasone, rosiglitazone to form a fat pad to protect from this mechanical stress?

abcdefg

Reaction score
I dont buy it. Its not like buying a shoe where stresses on certain spots cause male pattern baldness due to some kind of blood flow issues.
I really wish though someone studied why DHT causes hair to miniaturize or why its sensitive a little more in depth. The real answers lie there not with systemic DHT levels, but 30 years after propecia I am starting to doubt anyone cares to do it. I know its not easy to quick to figure out either.

Spice_Lord

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont buy it. Its not like buying a shoe where stresses on certain spots cause male pattern baldness due to some kind of blood flow issues.
I really wish though someone studied why DHT causes hair to miniaturize or why its sensitive a little more in depth. The real answers lie there not with systemic DHT levels, but 30 years after propecia I am starting to doubt anyone cares to do it. I know its not easy to quick to figure out either.

I thought the theory was that DHT cannabolized the fat and eroded the healthy hair environment, or something like that. Why doesn't someone test building back a subcutaneous fat foundation if they believe in this theory?

inmyhead

Reaction score
The guy who runs perfect hair health only did scalp massage and he has a lot of people in his ebook and also on his site that did it. He does sell an ebook however all the info in the book is listed for free on his site and he answers people's questions if they bought the book or not. He is very well read and seems genuine. Again he literally posts everything for free on the site and just says to use your hands.

Yes, lets all massage our heads because a guy who never had any male pattern baldness is doing it and his hair looks good!

VonMises

My Regimen
Reaction score
upload_2018-6-2_11-3-53.png

Observations:

Looking at the scalp from a mechanical perspective and not a chemical perspective, the scalp exhibits an extreme tension and pressure environment with multiple unfavourable conditions for healthy skin, healthy veins and nerves.

The skin layer is the outermost layer and is prone to the gravitational pull pressing downward against subcutaneous tissue. The Musculoaponeurotic layer is pulling the subcutaneous tissue in the traditional baldness pattern show in the von Mises stress analysis. The combination of the gravitation in the skin layer (layer 1) combined with the tension in the Musculoaponeurotic layer (layer 3) is transferred to the subcutaneous tissue (layer 2) in a squeezing motion, pinching both the veins and nerves located in the subcutaneous tissue.

The flow capacity of the scalp arteries can be seen as inversely correlated with the tension pattern in the Musculoaponeurotic layer (layer 3), which can explain the correlation with low blood flow in balding areas of the scalp. The nerve sensory innervation of the scalp can be seen as correlated with the tension pattern in the Musculoaponeurotic layer (layer 3), which can explain the correlation between psychological conditions such as depression with baldness.

Picture is excerpt from ISBN 978-3-642-41254-7

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, lets all massage our heads because a guy who never had any male pattern baldness is doing it and his hair looks good!

Good job for not looking into it and passing judgment anyway. What a rare trait.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Good job for not looking into it and passing judgment anyway. What a rare trait.

There is not a single guy who can post pics and show that he regrew his hair doing massages. People have been trying it for 15 years ago without success. And if you want to believe in guys, who are selling ebooks about head massaging so be it. You can be delusional, all you want, I don't really care about you.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is not a single guy who can post pics and show that he regrew his hair doing massages. People have been trying it for 15 years ago without success. And if you want to believe in guys, who are selling ebooks about head massaging so be it. You can be delusional, all you want, I don't really care about you.

Okay

leMiserable

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not to feed into you guys' dumb argument :rolleyes: But the point lies there.. you can see threads from ages ago on multiple hair loss forums of people claiming to massage yet provide 0 pictures, 0 regrowth, 0 proof of anything other than phoney 50$ newsletter subscriptions...

Truth is, there probably is something to this theory as multiple trials have shown that testosterone to dht conversion is favored in low oxygen environment and vice versa.. but scalp massage is probably not the way to go about it... instead botox injection might, proper dermarolling to break calcification might, etc.

Last edited:

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not to feed into you guys' dumb argument :rolleyes: But the point lies there.. you can see threads from ages ago on multiple hair loss forums of people claiming to massage yet provide 0 pictures, 0 regrowth, 0 proof of anything other than phoney 50$ newsletter subscriptions...

Truth is, there probably is something to this theory as multiple trials have shown that testosterone to dht conversion is favored in low oxygen environment and vice versa.. but scalp massage is probably not the way to go about it... instead botox injection might, proper dermarolling to break calcification might, etc.

I think you can't base it off of what people on online forums do or do not. We cannot be sure if they stuck to it--you can see how people are on this forum, claiming outlandish BS and not sticking to anything.

I am not claiming anything, I just also do not like when people who have not tried something claims 100% it can't work.