Incredible recovery from NW5: the power of super aggressive regimens!

k00lio

Reaction score
Very impressive. Hopefully one day there will be a way for the rest of us to recover all of our hair without having to use MtF hormone medication.

BTW, just out of curiosity how much do you pay for all of that? My apologies if you covered it already.

kaustubh.s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I'm taking finasteride1mg ED for almost 3 months
I saw some improvement in density initially but now after 3 months I'm shedding like crazy and my hairline has thinned out a lot
Is it the regular finasteride shed or something else

Has anyone faced shedding after 3 months of finasteride??

Please reply

coco_304

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what is medroxyprogesterone?
it is good for hair loss?
how to use it? orall or topically?

InvaderZim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what is medroxyprogesterone?
it is good for hair loss?
how to use it? orall or topically?
I don't know exactly what the nature of the drug is, but what I know that it's extreme, like oral spironolactone (at high doses), estradiol, Diane-35, cyproterone acetate, etc. Most MtF transgenders use it with other active ingredients during their transition.

They even use it to chemically castrate pedophiles and (child) predators.

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This has to be the most incredible transition I've ever seen. Congratulations.

I never really thought it would be possible to reverse this much loss, even with castration, but this makes it seem possible. Though your young age may have played a huge role.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Never would have pegged you for previously being a man, great success story, thanks for sharing. Also good to hear you credit much of your hair regrowth to minoxidil, hope you have a happy life.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, another thing I forgot to mention. I've been noticing a lot more people looking into using oral minoxidil (Loniten) at doses of 1-2.5mg, and I am also considering this myself. I'm already taking spironolactone, which would help counteract most of the negative side effects. The only one I am slightly worried about is hair growth in other places, but again my dose of 200mg spironolactone should help counteract that, at least to some extent. It's cheap, so it wouldn't be too much of a bust if I didn't get anything from it or the side effects became too much to tolerate. I am considering buying 5mg tabs, 1/4ing them into 1.25mg pieces and taking one quarter in the morning and one quarter at night, like I do with my spironolactone. The reason for this is because oral Loniten has a short half life of only 4 hours. This could potentially allow me to drop minoxidil liquid (which would cut down SO much on maintenance for my hair), although I'd probably keep using the 15% minoxidil at the hairline at minimum.

Thoughts?

Hi, any news?, now are you with sandalore?

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just got Spironolactone 200mg from a dr online yesterday, & im going to pick it up from the pharmacy tomorrow. I am going to an actual doctors office before i start ingesting this to see if it is safe for me in the first place since it is a potasium sparing diuretic, i can't wait to start taking it though, i might get estrogen too if finasteride + spironolactone + estro will finally allow my hair to grow, ive been diffuse thinning for years and nothing so far has helped but i'm crossing my fingers for this, i never cared what gender i was as long as i have all my hair, i love my hair.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just wanted to give a slight update, no pictures at this time but regardless I wanted to share I have changed my regimen and my hair is improving yet again, at least for now. I currently take:

7mg estradiol valerate injected intramuscular every 5 days
0.5mg dutasteride every day
50mg Bicalutamide every day
100mg Progesterone orally every day (am planning on switching to rectal administration soon, no I am not joking)
1% ketoconazole shampoo 2-3x/week
OGX Biotin & Collagen shampoo/conditioner on days I don't use keto.
1% Sandalore/Vanicream mixture 2-3x/week
Microneedling @ 2mm 1x/week, using 10mg/mL Lithium Chloride immediately after

I am noticing more fine white hairs coming down the length of my forehead quite far actually, and the stubborn temples are getting darker. Too soon after restarting my regimen to tell if they're going to actually do anything more than this. In the past I have had trouble getting the entire frontal region to grow past 1-3" long (the 'island' in the middle of the hairline seems to grow til about 3-4" and then stop, whereas the temples are lucky to make it to 1" long)

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just wanted to give a slight update, no pictures at this time but regardless I wanted to share I have changed my regimen and my hair is improving yet again, at least for now. I currently take:

7mg estradiol valerate injected intramuscular every 5 days
0.5mg dutasteride every day
50mg Bicalutamide every day
100mg Progesterone orally every day (am planning on switching to rectal administration soon, no I am not joking)
1% ketoconazole shampoo 2-3x/week
OGX Biotin & Collagen shampoo/conditioner on days I don't use keto.
1% Sandalore/Vanicream mixture 2-3x/week
Microneedling @ 2mm 1x/week, using 10mg/mL Lithium Chloride immediately after

I am noticing more fine white hairs coming down the length of my forehead quite far actually, and the stubborn temples are getting darker. Too soon after restarting my regimen to tell if they're going to actually do anything more than this. In the past I have had trouble getting the entire frontal region to grow past 1-3" long (the 'island' in the middle of the hairline seems to grow til about 3-4" and then stop, whereas the temples are lucky to make it to 1" long)
YT, I wanted to ask you;
back when you used minoxidil, did you notice flaking & or a dry scalp? If so, how did you combat that?
I'm dealing with it now.

Anyway, thanks for the update! Glad everything is good!

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
YT, I wanted to ask you;
back when you used minoxidil, did you notice flaking & or a dry scalp? If so, how did you combat that?
I'm dealing with it now.

Anyway, thanks for the update! Glad everything is good!

Oh I should update that to include that I still do minoxidil 5% 1x/daily and I try to also do a second application with 15% minoxidil in the frontal region, although admittedly I am not as consistent with the second dose as I'd like to be. 4-5x a week on that.

I definitely have problems with dry scalp as a result, mostly I try to combat it by using a hydrating shampoo and conditioner - ogx biotin and collagen, in the past I used the keratin one in a red bottle as well and liked it, perhaps even more so for combating the dry scalp but it was quite heavy on my hair and contributed to it looking thin. Other than that I haven't really found anything that helps a whole lot, in the past I tried upping the amount of times I use my ketoconazole shampoo since it's primary purpose is actually anti-dandruff and scalp irritation, but it just seemed to make it worse the more I used it. Head and shoulders didn't really work for me either.

Sorry if that wasn't helpful, but I haven't found a cure myself tbh although the conditioner every day definitely seems to be helping cut back on the amount, but not eliminating it entirely (keep in mind my real hair is about halfway down my back at this point so conditioning often makes sense for me, it might not for you)