Incredible recovery from NW5: the power of super aggressive regimens!

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, recedingyt. If you don't mind, how is your hair right now, have you noticed any progress after your last update?

You and antyDHTor were my biggest inspiration on this forum. Unfortunately, antyDHTor thread was removed recently.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, recedingyt. If you don't mind, how is your hair right now, have you noticed any progress after your last update?

You and antyDHTor were my biggest inspiration on this forum. Unfortunately, antyDHTor thread was removed recently.

Her hair is a Norwood zero now. There probably isn't any news.

It's f*****g amazing. She went from Norwood five, to where she is now.

folfoxorack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No update ?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's just estradiol. Commonly sold under the brand name Estrace.

We NEED @recedingyt, what the f***, we do.

She's one of the few people on this board that know how to get Finasteride, online.

Now I ask all you new members, please give her LIKES, especially if you're hooked
on her threads, like I am.

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
We NEED @recedingyt, what the f***, we do.

She's one of the few people on this board that know how to get Finasteride, online.

Now I ask all you new members, please give her LIKES, especially if you're hooked
on her threads, like I am.
Is it really hard to get finasteride online?

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess I owe you guys an update. A more detailed one with pictures will follow soon.

Long story short, I've lost some ground on my hairline. I went through a period of 5-6 months where I was sparsely taking my hormones and only doing 5% minoxidil 2-4 times a week. I just became too busy with life and I let it fall to the wayside, unfortunately. I also ran out of 15% minoxidil a couple of months ago, which I believe to be worsening the state of my hairline too. At the time I didn't have the financial resources to restock so I took a risk on going back to using 5% on my whole head (well the parts affected by hair loss anyway).

I'm working on correcting these problems now, and I hope to have a promising update in a few months that shows me regaining that ground and potentially even more. I put in an order on MinoxidilMax for 3 bottles of their dualgen 15% minoxidil on January 6th. When it arrives I plan to restart using 15% minoxidil on my hairline like I was with the Xandrox 15% stuff. The reason I switched is because

1) Xandrox is expensive. $60 a bottle is ridiculous.
2) I read reports that the stuff from Xandrox is not 15% as they claim (closer to 9-11%), and it's highly unstable. My personal experience backs this up as most bottles would begin to have minoxidil crystals settling in the bottom just a week or two after opening the bottle.

I am hoping I have a better experience with MinoxidilMax, as I've read good things and seen lab reports that verify that it is indeed 15% (or close enough) as they claim. In addition to that I've purchased a 0.5mm dermaroller which I'm using EOD. I've read of people having success with using a dermaroller more often than 1x/week as I was previously doing based off of that one study of dermarolling+minoxidil. I also use minoxidil on the same day that I dermaroll now. I'm thinking about making one day a week to use the 1.5mm one in case the 0.5mm is not enough to reap the benefits of wounding. I think that this new trend of scalp threading also lends credence to the idea of a more constant wounding (this also might be something I look into getting done if the people here who have had it done have good results, as it's relatively cheap.

All in all my progress has always been tainted by one thing, even at the height of it: the hair at my hairline is just not growing normally. Perhaps it spent too much time lying dormant and because of that it is unable to fully recover on its own. I think fibrosis around the hair follicle could be the likely culprit preventing the hairs from thickening fully and growing longer than 2-3" (their current max, it seems). I think wounding is the only shot I have at breaking up this fibrosis and pushing those hairs to behave like the rest of my hair, or at least more closely like it. If anyone has any other ideas on things I could try for this purpose, I'm all ears.

I know I have been gone a long time and an update is long overdue. I have been trying to check in on studies and research related things but I just don't have much time in the day for anything anymore, what with working 40+ hours a week, going back to school, maintaining a relationship, helping take care of two kids with my partner, etc.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, another thing I forgot to mention. I've been noticing a lot more people looking into using oral minoxidil (Loniten) at doses of 1-2.5mg, and I am also considering this myself. I'm already taking spironolactone, which would help counteract most of the negative side effects. The only one I am slightly worried about is hair growth in other places, but again my dose of 200mg spironolactone should help counteract that, at least to some extent. It's cheap, so it wouldn't be too much of a bust if I didn't get anything from it or the side effects became too much to tolerate. I am considering buying 5mg tabs, 1/4ing them into 1.25mg pieces and taking one quarter in the morning and one quarter at night, like I do with my spironolactone. The reason for this is because oral Loniten has a short half life of only 4 hours. This could potentially allow me to drop minoxidil liquid (which would cut down SO much on maintenance for my hair), although I'd probably keep using the 15% minoxidil at the hairline at minimum.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
As per recedingyt's post above, I would also like to hear people's thoughts on Loniten, as I'm currently using liquid minoxidil and would much prefer an oral alternative.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I haven't been around. Why was anty's thread removed? Did he die from liver damage from that ultra high dose of CPA he was using?

Is it really hard to get finasteride online?

Not at all, at least where I live (USA). Alldaychemist has 5mg tablets for pretty cheap that you can then cut into quarters and quadruple your supply. Only problem with them is their shipping charges are ridiculous and it takes 2-3 weeks+ to get to you since it has to go through customs. That and it's not too hard to get a doctor to prescribe it, provided you're not like a 15 year old kid, and it's not insanely expensive as a generic even without insurance.

The real battle is getting a doctor to prescribe dutasteride for hair loss. It took a lot of convincing with two different doctors to finally get my script.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How r u getting high strength minoxidil from minoxidilmax if u live in the US? I tried and they do no ship to the US

Treyu

Reaction score
Heyo, just popping in here for a minute to say congratulations for the incredible results, and to thank you for inspiring me. I'm approaching NW3 as we speak, and it's taken such a tremendous toll on my confidence. I have no idea whether or not HRT will be as effective for me as it was for you, but you've given me some hope that I'd been missing.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, another thing I forgot to mention. I've been noticing a lot more people looking into using oral minoxidil (Loniten) at doses of 1-2.5mg, and I am also considering this myself. I'm already taking spironolactone, which would help counteract most of the negative side effects. The only one I am slightly worried about is hair growth in other places, but again my dose of 200mg spironolactone should help counteract that, at least to some extent. It's cheap, so it wouldn't be too much of a bust if I didn't get anything from it or the side effects became too much to tolerate. I am considering buying 5mg tabs, 1/4ing them into 1.25mg pieces and taking one quarter in the morning and one quarter at night, like I do with my spironolactone. The reason for this is because oral Loniten has a short half life of only 4 hours. This could potentially allow me to drop minoxidil liquid (which would cut down SO much on maintenance for my hair), although I'd probably keep using the 15% minoxidil at the hairline at minimum.

Thoughts?
Hello lovely. Female balder here. I began low dose of 2mg oral minoxidil in 2015, at the same time was also on 200mg spironolactone and Diane35 the pill. Still go gnarly body hair growth. Just wax or shave babe, it’s worth it for the head hair though.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
comparison-png.png

Damn dude you look way prettier as a girl than a guy. I'm always blown away by MTF transitions like this.

Partly you had surprisingly good features to begin with for the transition. Surprising as in I would have never guessed from your M pics that you would make a good F, and yet you do.

But it also always reminds me how much of a "female" appearance is just due to the garnishes - ie. mostly makeup.

eg. Katy Perry with no makeup looks like a dude:
zero-makeup-photo-u1?w=650&q=50&fm=jpg&fit=crop&crop=faces.jpg

On topic, thanks for posting your thread (if you're still around and reading it). It's threads like this that gave me the courage and confidence to go on aggressive meds like spironolactone/cypro when finasteride/dutasteride/RU failed, and eventually led me to my final solution (daro).

Personally I would rather even run a full MTF regimen than go bald. So it's good to know and see what's possible even when you're not trans.

Cheers bud and congrats on what looks like great hair results and a nice transition.

As for your question about oral minoxidil, just keep in mind minoxidil has negative effects on collagen production, so we probably shouldn't take it forever. I'm taking mine another 6 months then stopping. I do 2.5-5 mg in the morning and 2.5 mg in the evening. Any more and I get awful headaches. Even at this dose it gives me horrible eye bags and my wrinkles are progressing ... It's best as a temporary measure to boost growth while you are getting stabilized or trying to maximize results in the short term.

can'tBeatNature

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This site sucks for image hosting so I will just link to an imgur album with my progress/story. Please read the descriptions.

http://imgur.com/a/XL74b
Amazing man. I'm considering taking oral spironolactone if adding RU doesn't improve my state. I'm not mtf, either. Just want my hair back. I was blown away by the last picture. Actually look like an attractive female. And nice light green eyes, btw. Hope all is well.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing man. I'm considering taking oral spironolactone if adding RU doesn't improve my state. I'm not mtf, either. Just want my hair back. I was blown away by the last picture. Actually look like an attractive female. And nice light green eyes, btw. Hope all is well.
She does look beautiful hey!
Ps spironolactone is riskyyy! Maybe your RU dose first and see if that helps?

can'tBeatNature

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
She does look beautiful hey!
Ps spironolactone is riskyyy! Maybe your RU dose first and see if that helps?
Yeah, I'm fairly positive RU is working on me. Definitely notice some thickening now. I'm planning on just just upping the % and pray it'll be more effective.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't been around. Why was anty's thread removed? Did he die from liver damage from that ultra high dose of CPA he was using?
Anty did not die, he had at least dropped down to 100mg CPA everyday before he was banned. still high but better than the 200-300mg he used before lol. it's still unclear exactly why but i remember he tried to write in the transplant doctors section asking a surgeon if they were willing to give a super low negative 3 norwood hairline. but the posts on doctors threads have to be approved first before published and then Anty made another post complaining about censorship. and he also made a post asking why people dont come to Poland for transplants and said they have good quality doctors which are cheaper. so i suspect maybe money is somehow involved in the decision because he wasn't just banned, his thread and literally every comment he ever posted was removed! I definitely don't remember him ever having a long signature but this is what admin said
"He was creating multiple usernames and being very aggressive, irrational, over-the-top, and crazy. His signature was 63 lines long, and full of comments that are considered poor judgment and bad advice. Extreme irrationality and craziness abounded. I got tired of it and had enough.

Since then, he has attempted to create multiple more usernames to bypass the ban, as I would expect from someone who acts the way he does in non-confrontational situations. They get even worse when they sense they've been banned.

Loose cannon and over the top behavior. Been at this 18 years. Not going to deal with it. I am certain he will go on an internet-wide rampage about this. Which will just confirm that my decision was a good one."

Last edited:

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm fairly positive RU is working on me. Definitely notice some thickening now. I'm planning on just just upping the % and pray it'll be more effective.
That’s great to hear :) hoping for some mad gains on that head of yours mate!