Incredible recovery from NW5: the power of super aggressive regimens!

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Taking Finasteride raises a persons estrogen http://finasteridesyndrome.blogspot.com/p/dht-role.html so it is already happening without taking estrogen. When you block your DHT taking Finasteride or whatever some of it is converted into estrogen. So would taking a little bit more be a bad idea? Maybe not. Estrogen increase may be part of the reason Finasteride works. DHT, Testosterone and estrogen are all related. Its about finding a balance for the body maybe that makes it grow hair on head.

Androgens, or male hormones, often increase as estrogen levels decrease. This causes androgenic alopecia, another form of hair loss. This is why kids dont bald and hair loss occurs when balls drop. Its testosterone and hormone balance related.

Typically hair loss is associated with men, hence the term, male pattern baldness. It is not very common in women because we have higher levels of estrogen which helps to balance out the effects of the male hormone, dihydrotestosterone or DHT. DHT is a potent form of testosterone that normally leads to hair loss.

My take is that a little bit more estrogen in your system can only do good if you are already having negative affects of testosterone or DHT, your body must be lacking estrogen needed to balance out the other hormones harming your body or hair.

Androgen sensitivity is the cause of male pattern baldness, balding men and non-balding have the same levels of hormones, the men whow are sensitive to androgen go bald, because the androgen receptor can't take it, then it starts to attack the hair folicles.
even if the hormones were balanced, with sensitive AR the hair would eventually fall, if the scientist knew that decade ago finasteride would never be used for a hair loss.

The question is why it has a pattern not simply the whole head, and why it's doing completly the opiset with the facial hair while it's in the same head?

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, recedingyt. Can you please answer some intimate questions: what is your height/weight? I know you don't want to hide your chest, like most girls don't, but I am only wondering is it possible on practice to hide them with clothes or binders? Eventually, what are you doing with them when you turn into a boy mode?

I'm 5'9" 155 lbs w/34c breasts. I've got too much development to wear nothing so I typically wear a bralette or a sports bra which helps conceal them somewhat, and then I also layer with two shirts. A slim fit tee under a patterned button up makes them virtually undetectable while wearing a sports bra. I would never wear a legitimate binder though (they're much different than a sports bra, much tighter) because they cause damage to breast tissue and I happen to like my boobs. If you ever see a FTM who's worn binders for years their boobs are often deflated and beat up looking from being in a binder so often, for example.

I also don't go out of my way to particularly hide that I'm trans, even in boy mode. So I personally don't care if someone notices that I'm wearing a sports bra or even that I have boobs in general, but that's just me since pretty much everyone knows I'm transitioning anyway. Even people who I just meet for the first time without context tend to notice pretty quick that I'm not like a normal guy (most just assume I'm really really gay, though).

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I just wonder how different factors could effect the outcome. Would older guys ve able to feminize that much? If you are in your 30s and 40s and your tissues have been soaked in testesterone for 4 decades, would taking some estrogen radically feminized your appearance? We see transwomen who unfortunately come nowhere near to passing, right? Even if there on full blown hormone therapy? I don't know I'm not knowlegdeable on the subject, like most of us I just wish we could gleam some benefit from this routine without the unwanted effects.

Sorry for the thread hijack Madison, I just want to show him what's possibly in store for even a rather old AMAB who start taking MtF HRT.

I'm about to turn 55 and have been on hormones for only 4 months. It is feminizing the heck out of my appearance. I've already grown A-cups boobies, my skin has become much softer and not oily any more. My eyes have changed shape, and color as well (used to be solid brown, now are turning greenish hazel due to the rapid hormonal shift --- not too uncommon of a thing for MtFs on hormones). My libido is all but completely nonexistant now.

As you can see in my avatar (yes that's really me) I don't come anywhere near passing yet but I think I'll eventually get there. It's all a matter of genetics. I figure it'll take 4 years to complete, including FUE transplants after a couple years of hair regrowth regimen gets me back all that's possible, and probably some facial feminization surgery (FFS) as well. I know I'll never be young or hot looking, as long as I can end up reasonably passing as a mature trans woman, then it will all be worth it for the closing chapters of my lifespan.

When I was 30 pic attached. Oh how I wished I would've known my destiny a quarter century ago. Finasteride didn't yet exist and only the rich could afford Rogaine then. Already my hairline was suffering. I already highly suspected I was trans back then, but the societal climate simply was too hostile for me to attempt to pursue it.

at30.jpg

Last edited:

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
I can imagine you've been through a lot. Congrats on your transition!! Except for the boobs I wouldn't be bothered by what you describe. Not saying I would do it but when I feel like banging my head against the wall with hair loss it's tempting.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for the thread hijack Madison, I just want to show him what's possibly in store for even a rather old AMAB who start taking MtF HRT.

I'm about to turn 55 and have been on hormones for only 4 months. It is feminizing the heck out of my appearance. I've already grown A-cups boobies, my skin has become much softer and not oily any more. My eyes have changed shape, and color as well (used to be solid brown, now are turning greenish hazel due to the rapid hormonal shift --- not too uncommon of a thing for MtFs on hormones). My libido is all but completely nonexistant now.

As you can see in my avatar (yes that's really me) I don't come anywhere near passing yet but I think I'll eventually get there. It's all a matter of genetics. I figure it'll take 4 years to complete, including FUE transplants after a couple years of hair regrowth regimen gets me back all that's possible, and probably some facial feminization surgery (FFS) as well. I know I'll never be young or hot looking, as long as I can end up reasonably passing as a mature trans woman, then it will all be worth it for the closing chapters of my lifespan.

When I was 30 pic attached. Oh how I wished I would've known my destiny a quarter century ago. Finasteride didn't yet exist and only the rich could afford Rogaine then. Already my hairline was suffering. I already highly suspected I was trans back then, but the societal climate simply was too hostile for me to attempt to pursue it.

View attachment 47332

Not gay, but you don't look bad as a man. What made you decide to change?

You look good as a woman to, it's your choice, of course.

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not gay, but you don't look bad as a man. What made you decide to change?

You look good as a woman to, it's your choice, of course.
What made me decide? Well it's a combination of things... A lifetime of feeling like I'm in the wrong body, seeing Caitlyn come out and show me that even at an advanced age it's never too late, seeing this thread about Madison's amazing recovery, and finally reading the webcomic "Rain" (http://rain.thecomicseries.com/comics/first)

BTW, that one pic of me was 25 yrs ago when I was 30. Before transitioning, I weighed 205 lbs, a NW6, and looked like ths.L39_Selfie.jpg
Until recently (a year ago) I was short, fat, balding, graying creep who felt like sh*t about myself and was only ever happy when I was flying or riding in an airplane.

Last edited:

hanginginthewire

Reaction score

View attachment 47332

What happened to your hair during these four months, I forgot to ask you??

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What happened to your hair during these four months, I forgot to ask you??
I've recovered close to a full Norwood, from a solid 6 to what looks like 5. And optimistically if things keep progressing, I might even get back to a 4 in the next few months.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've recovered close to a full Norwood, from a solid 6 to what looks like 5. And optimistically if things keep progressing, I might even get back to a 4 in the next few months.
Grow your hair longer. It looks better, in my opinion.

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Grow your hair longer. It looks better, in my opinion.

I'm trying to grow it as fast as I can!!!

I still got my ponytail that goes down a couple inches past my shoulders... just not much on top or in front anymore. The top is starting to fill back in though. I'd say that I'm getting easily double the amount of regrowth on top with HRT as I would be with minoxidil alone. I don't know if the front will ever recover though... it's been gone for too many years. I fear only vellus peachfuzz will ever return there, I'll give it 2 years then look into FUE.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm trying to grow it as fast as I can!!!

I still got my ponytail that goes down a couple inches past my shoulders... just not much on top or in front anymore. The top is starting to fill back in though. I'd say that I'm getting easily double the amount of regrowth on top with HRT as I would be with minoxidil alone. I don't know if the front will ever recover though... it's been gone for too many years. I fear only vellus peachfuzz will ever return there, I'll give it 2 years then look into FUE.

You never know. Recedingyt was a Norwood five or higher at one time. To be honest, I never thought
she would be able to regrow it all back.

Of course, she is younger. Unfortunately, age works against us.

joe_uk

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi recedingrt and all other trans girls out there....I am m-f been on hormones for 4 yrs...I durrently take dutasteride 0.5mg everyday
6mg estrofem and 200mg cyprotron acetate everyday....do you guys tink if I drop all the hormones and just take the dutasteride everyday I will loose my hair?

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hi recedingrt and all other trans girls out there....I am m-f been on hormones for 4 yrs...I durrently take dutasteride 0.5mg everyday
6mg estrofem and 200mg cyprotron acetate everyday....do you guys tink if I drop all the hormones and just take the dutasteride everyday I will loose my hair?

I would assume it is highly dependent on the individual. It's possible you would lose some hair that was growing as a result of estrogen/t blockers. Can't really say for sure until you try it out.

A more pertinent question I have for you is why you would want to stop if you're MTF? Also 200mg cpa is way too much in my opinion. Most trans girls take 25-50mg.

Swiss_Tampons

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@recedingyt, congratulations on your spectacular recovery! I've been following since the first post :)

Did you get back to microneedling + Lithium chloride? Sorry if I didn't see it stated somewhere in the thread.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What made me decide? Well it's a combination of things... A lifetime of feeling like I'm in the wrong body, seeing Caitlyn come out and show me that even at an advanced age it's never too late, seeing this thread about Madison's amazing recovery, and finally reading the webcomic "Rain" (http://rain.thecomicseries.com/comics/first)

BTW, that one pic of me was 25 yrs ago when I was 30. Before transitioning, I weighed 205 lbs, a NW6, and looked like ths.View attachment 47343
Until recently (a year ago) I was short, fat, balding, graying creep who felt like sh*t about myself and was only ever happy when I was flying or riding in an airplane.

Definitely made the right choice. You look much better as a woman.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Funny how a forum for male pattern baldness sufferers, who seem to be quite cynical about women in general, is very open and receptive to trans folks. I mean no reason why it shouldn't be, shouldn't be an issue to anyone... But its definitely heartening to see the progressive nature of this forum's posters.
You both look so much better as women than as men, congrats!

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Funny how a forum for male pattern baldness sufferers, who seem to be quite cynical about women in general, is very open and receptive to trans folks. I mean no reason why it shouldn't be, shouldn't be an issue to anyone... But its definitely heartening to see the progressive nature of this forum's posters.
You both look so much better as women than as men, congrats!

We're comrades (and sufferers) together in this war against androgenic alopecia.

We MtF transgender women are willing to try things to get our hair back that cisgender men could not abide by, but maybe someday with us as the willing guinea pigs doing the experimentation, a solution might be discovered that would benefit everyone without the undesired side effects.