Incredible recovery from NW5: the power of super aggressive regimens!

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's crazy regrowth. So basically only girls can use this, minus the finasteride? I'm glad you warned about spironolactone, I was going to buy that stuff for my hairline but I don't want it to transform me in to a girl. Thanks and good look, you have had great results.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's obviously better than a Norwood 1.5. By definition, that is a centimer and a half above the hairline. Nobody with eyes can say it's a higher
Norwood than that.

I think my hairline is tricky to rate on the Norwood scale because my family just has high hairlines which makes it look worse than it really is. I always had a 5 head, even as a kid.

Which means basically my hairline as it stands right now is not far from being fully recovered, but I still have the issue of a large forehead lol.

I'm still considering a small ~2000 graft procedure at some point to lower + round out my hairline and reinforce my crown (which is noticeably thinner than everywhere else, although only if you look closely/under harsh light).

patchyrodent

Reaction score
recedingyt, that hair recovery is incredible! I've been thinking of taking estradiol to make my wrecked hair grow back--spironolactone probably wouldn't do anything because my natural hormonal profile is zilch in the way of T and E both, unless I take hormone replacement. Mine started falling out when I took supplemental testosterone in large doses like an idiot, and what's worse, the hair I do have refuses to grow any longer than it is right now, at 1/2 to 3 inches. It's diffuse thinning on top and horseshoe receding hairline in front. I'm seeing a dermatologist and an endocrinologist about it and I'm not scared of anything bad happening.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you said you were wearing a wig in one of your pics, is this real hair or wig?

Thanks everyone. I'm very happy with the way things are going.

Yeah and this comment is pointless too considering I acknowledge that in my OP and you're about the 20th person to mention it despite the fact I already acknowledged it isn't a regimen that appeals to the average guy. Even the title of the thread acknowledges it isn't for everyone. Also every time I see a thread even somewhat entertaining the thought of spironolactone/estrogen I make it a point to shoot the idea down with the caveat that you shouldn't mess with either of them unless you are transgender/not cis. I mean cmon... Sorry if I'm coming off bitchy it's just super annoying when guys like you comment **** like this which is plainly obvious and it's clear you haven't read a single word I've said.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup! Started back on it in July. I only use it once a day. For a month or two I was using it twice a day (with the second application being limited only to my temples instead of my entire head), but I sort of fell out of the habit and have been sticking to once a day for the most part.

- - - Updated - - -

Updated the OP with my new hairline pic and a comparison pic to show why this regimen isn't suitable for your average guy unless you definitely don't mind being way more feminine.

attachment.php

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you said you were wearing a wig in one of your pics, is this real hair or wig?

That is a wig. My real hair is short, since it has only been growing out from a buzz cut since July.

- - - Updated - - -

recedingyt, that hair recovery is incredible! I've been thinking of taking estradiol to make my wrecked hair grow back--spironolactone probably wouldn't do anything because my natural hormonal profile is zilch in the way of T and E both, unless I take hormone replacement. Mine started falling out when I took supplemental testosterone in large doses like an idiot, and what's worse, the hair I do have refuses to grow any longer than it is right now, at 1/2 to 3 inches. It's diffuse thinning on top and horseshoe receding hairline in front. I'm seeing a dermatologist and an endocrinologist about it and I'm not scared of anything bad happening.

Very bad idea. If you take estradiol you're going to feminize for sure if your T is already low. Even at a low dose it isn't safe, unless you're okay with severe ED, breast development, permanent sterility, and just in general feeling "off" since you're not supposed to be running on estrogen as a cis male. You'd likely develop very similar feelings of dysphoria that FTM transgender people do as your body feminizes, which I can say with 100% confidence is not something you want to experience.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, I just read this entire thread and must say it's impressive!! Really shows you how far you can get with such dedication. I have a good friend that has made the transition into transgender. You're insanely brave, and i give you a lot of credit. Also, this really shows the dangers oral spironolactone can pose to someone that is not transgender. You look great! Keep up the awesome work and keep it documented. This info is very valuable in our community. :woot:

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
So if estrogen has so much power as demonstrated in this recedingyts topic, what about urino therapy- is it nonsense?

samanthacsc

Reaction score
Thank you for posting your story.

I'm also a MtF transgender and have been on HRT for 2 years.

Been looking into ways to reduce hair loss. :)

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Recedingyt, If you want to rebuild your temples, put estradiol gel on the temples - like me. You are young and you have a big chance to rebuild them. Putting of estradiol on the temples will surely help.
Look at me - I'm 33 y. o. now and it was possible to rebuild my temples to some extent.

What kind/brand of gel do you use? And where do you get it/do they ship to the US? I would definitely be willing to try it if it's not cost prohibitive.

Thank you for posting your story.

I'm also a MtF transgender and have been on HRT for 2 years.

Been looking into ways to reduce hair loss. :)

Thanks! Hope your journey is going well. ^_^

The hope that other trans people stumble upon my story is literally the entire reason I continue to update my progress here so hopefully you took something from my post.

Also do you mind if I ask if your name is a reference to being a compsci major? Because that's what my major is currently too :p lmao

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
damn imagine if they could get this stuff to affect the head only and leave out the rest of the body... people were experimenting with a spironolactone topical but i think all it did was wet the top of their heads without the spironolactone actually doing anything inside the follicle...

i took spironolactone daily 200mg for about 5 months and it did regrow a fair bit of hair, but i stopped as it made my nipples too sensitive and i didn't want to feminize myself (i am "cis"). interestingly even on spironolactone i kept my sex drive, which makes me think all these Propecia Sides Help people - it is all in their minds.
I swear once when I was on spironolactone - i was putting on a t-shirt that was rubbing my chest and some liquid came out of my nipple - after that I decided the experiment had gone too far and I never took it again

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure with estradiol and spironolactone, your phallus is pretty much kill.

Maybe for the average cis male. My penis still functions just as well as it did pre-HRT, although I will admit not all trans girls are as lucky as me in that regard. It does take a bit longer to get me into the mood than before, but once I'm warmed up (similar to how most cis women need some warming up first too) I'm good to go and as hard as ever. My girlfriend seems quite content, so yeah. It is much more difficult to actually orgasm though, which isn't necessarily a good thing since I had zero issue with being uhm, "premature" before. If anything I was already difficult to make orgasm so that is kind of a difficult thing I'm dealing with at the moment if I'm being honest.

My testicles though, that is another story. They are much smaller than they were before, to the point where at times it looks like I've been castrated even though I haven't. My T levels are also quite low and I'm almost definitely infertile (I don't produce any ejaculate). I'm pretty certain I'd regain at least some of their function if I simply discontinued HRT, but that's not going to happen.