Incredible recovery from NW5: the power of super aggressive regimens!

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi OP,

Like others, congratz! amazing regrowth that's for sure!
I'm wondering if I should add oral spironolactone to my daily medication, on a low dose basis to avoid side effetcs (25, then 50, then 100 /day)
finasteride/dutasteride just give me constant shedding...

Its tempting!
Not saying that spironolactone would destroy my sexual function, but its too risky for me right now...but I'd be lying if i said i didn't think about adding it everyday..
OP looks fantastic!

BTW

Established Member
Reaction score
Cases like these are really important, they show that in the end sexual hormones are THE definitive milestone that decide your hair. You can be hopelessly bald like OP was, but you just pop some estrogens/anti-androgens/progesterone enough to grow your tits out and then you hair comes back like it never dissapeared, even in the damn temple region. Something in the female hormones makes the hair follicles wake up after years of being dormant, I'm just afraid that current medical research isn't looking into what exactly. They are like "estrogen/progesterone/anti-androgens grow your hair back, let's forget this and focus on other things like follicle cloning or some other unresearched chemicals".
I mean the answer to MBP is right in this thread, but we are only at the stage where getting this treatment will grow you breasts.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi OP,

Like others, congratz! amazing regrowth that's for sure!
I'm wondering if I should add oral spironolactone to my daily medication, on a low dose basis to avoid side effetcs (25, then 50, then 100 /day)
finasteride/dutasteride just give me constant shedding...

Its tempting!

Don't take spironolactone if you're a cis male, not worth it

Recedingyt, how old are you ?

23, 22 at the start of treatment

Snake oil

Reaction score
Haha, people just love cherry picking my posts, go on highlight a bit more of it. AND FTR you misinterpreted my comment completely, "Even if it was considered proof" implying people should not always trust pictures as they can be misleading, most hair transplant surgeon's before/after pics are misleading. Your a useless oaf who needs to stop being so obnoxious to other users who disagree with you.

Do you feel yourself as a superiority?
Quiet funny when you mock people as me for example, for not using perfect grammar even if it´s not my native language.

At least it´s good for your own self esteem.

johnson222

Reaction score
Insane results

All this without side-effects? you're lucky my friend u got a second chance to be with your hair :jump:

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All this without side-effects? you're lucky my friend u got a second chance to be with your hair :jump:

Lol, in a way. Pretty much all of my side effects are positive. You have to keep in mind the primary purpose of my regimen is to feminize (which is going very well imo :D), not to regain hair, so I guess the only side effects I can say I've experienced in that regard are:

Hair regrowth
I get super bitchy and/or emotional randomly
I'm cold all the ****ing time (from the changes in my skin, I'm assuming?)
I have to piss every 30 mins due to spironolactone's diuretic effect
Everything sexual/related to sexuality is about 1000 times better (I know it's a bit TMI but it was so unexpected and it's so notable of a difference I felt I had to include it)

From a male perspective the negatives are plainly obvious though:

Breast development (I've been very lucky here, filling out a 36B already and they're like 1/3 the way done growing)
Erectile dysfunction (which I do have an issue with, but I can still easily perform if I'm properly turned on)
Infertility (this is bad from my perspective too)
Lower libido (still quite healthily high though, at least ever since about 8 months on hormones)
Feminized face/body (Looking at pictures of me now vs 1 year ago and it's a very obvious and clear cut difference. I'm literally starting to look like a girl version of my former self... I wish I could show a picture of my sister who is cis because we're probably going to end up looking like identical twins)

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great for you! Your face is also well-looking ;) really shocking.!

Ps. Dont believe some kind of comments here.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Super bitchy, emotional and low sex drive (as opposed to a man's sex drive that makes him horny all the time)? Interesting.

You get to experience how it is on the other side. Reading might help me forgive women's bitchy and emotional behavior. A little.

To be fair I was always on the bitchy and emotional side, hormones just made it worse/more intense.

As for the sex drive, it isn't low. I was very careful to say "Lower libido" for that reason. It's still quite high to be honest, however I will say that this is a pretty recent development. I was pretty much asexual for the first 4 months of hormones, at which point my sexuality came back online but wasn't really fully "there" yet if that makes sense. Then at about 7-8 months my dosages changed (increased to 6mg E from 4mg, and added 5mg medroxyprogesterone) and it's like my sexuality was reborn or something lol. I would say it's pretty similar in frequency of urges as it was before, but it's different in some hard to describe way. The things I like and even the kinds of people I like have changed dramatically from before. It's just different altogether, but better and more complete.

The differences between the sexes as a result of hormones continue to shock me on a nearly daily basis so hopefully you actually do appreciate the insight, because it's insanely interesting/satisfying from my position to see and feel the effects that I should have gone through during puberty numero uno.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
attachment.php

Here's what my hairline looks like with the hair pulled back. Sorry about crap quality (was way too lazy to use my phone and then have to clumsily post from safari) but hopefully you can at least see the general shape of things. Still improving, albeit painfully slowly. I'm about 1 year on spironolactone/finasteride and 11 months on estrogen at this point. About 7 months since I started using minoxidil again.

Hoping by the time 2 years on HRT (3/2017) rolls around that my hair will be fully restored. Fingers crossed.

Attachments

• hairline.png
    hairline.png
    411.8 KB · Views: 1,436

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah looks like a norwood 1.5 good ****. Is it returning to your original hairline shape wise or different do to the hrt?

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus Madison! Your Hairline is incredible! I'd die for a hairline like that...
Also, you're back on minoxidil? only once a day? or twice?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great regrowth, congrats but I'm sure it's been said before, this is pointless to us men who want to stay that way!

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good ****ing sake = D ! Best of best!

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I'm very happy with the way things are going.

Great regrowth, congrats but I'm sure it's been said before, this is pointless to us men who want to stay that way!

Yeah and this comment is pointless too considering I acknowledge that in my OP and you're about the 20th person to mention it despite the fact I already acknowledged it isn't a regimen that appeals to the average guy. Even the title of the thread acknowledges it isn't for everyone. Also every time I see a thread even somewhat entertaining the thought of spironolactone/estrogen I make it a point to shoot the idea down with the caveat that you shouldn't mess with either of them unless you are transgender/not cis. I mean cmon... Sorry if I'm coming off bitchy it's just super annoying when guys like you comment **** like this which is plainly obvious and it's clear you haven't read a single word I've said.

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus Madison! Your Hairline is incredible! I'd die for a hairline like that...
Also, you're back on minoxidil? only once a day? or twice?

Yup! Started back on it in July. I only use it once a day. For a month or two I was using it twice a day (with the second application being limited only to my temples instead of my entire head), but I sort of fell out of the habit and have been sticking to once a day for the most part.

- - - Updated - - -

Updated the OP with my new hairline pic and a comparison pic to show why this regimen isn't suitable for your average guy unless you definitely don't mind being way more feminine.

attachment.php