In Your Opinion, What Unreleased Product Has The Most Potential For Hairloss?

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are a lot of new products on the horizon, with the majority probably being ineffective.

Any that are promising though? I was hyped about replicel but that seems to have been a bust.

a DVD for self confidence for people with hairloss. That is the most potential.

But autologous treatments with gene therapy will still have the bigger potential than trying to compensate through a steady flow of medicine to precent hairloss

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Diffused all over, but not really receding. Your typical diffuse thinner with reduced density on top with temples, crown and mid section suffering the most.

People always say surgeons dont work with diffuse thinners or you get shitty results but i've seen it done enough times to know thats not true. Look at this guy for example, hes got a thread on here documenting his journey and he started off much worse off then my friend.

If hair follice neogenesis is solved by follica, a hair transplant + wounding/min + hair fibers is as close to fullhead as we're gonna get in the next few years.
wheres the before after?

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There will always be new ways of looking at a given problem.

Yoga, meditation and posture exercises and their effects on stress and DHT is an interesting area of research. Someone on this forum made a groundbreaking revelation that posture has a serious effect on hair loss. Simply put, if the head isn't upright then hairs are more likely to fall out. In all the years of hair loss research this has never been actively considered before.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral Darolutamide.

Technically it's already released, but not to the general public at an affordable price. And since it doesn't cross the Blood-Brain barrier, it won't effect DHT/T levels.

cesc

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yoga, meditation and posture exercises and their effects on stress and DHT is an interesting area of research. Someone on this forum made a groundbreaking revelation that posture has a serious effect on hair loss. Simply put, if the head isn't upright then hairs are more likely to fall out. In all the years of hair loss research this has never been actively considered before.

yeah posture definitely has an effect on hairloss lol

i think youre eating too much dairy too, once you cut back you'll be NW1 again

inmyhead

Reaction score

yeah and magically all women have better posture so they don't lose hair... And atheletes with best trainers still have poor posture according to you.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This is quality trolling

doflamingo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since the cure is coming by 2020 we just have to wait and we'll be cured, at worst it'll be the 31 december

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to think like this, but honestly hair transplants are so effective now it would be stupid not to pursue

A friend had one done late last year, he was a diffuse thinner in the classic male pattern baldness areas (crown, temples, mid section) and around 7 months later he's nearly a fullhead again. Sure the density isnt quite there but its a huge improvement and it only cost €3200

Its really transofrmed his hair, and realistically it was only the first three months where it looked like sh*t. Now he has the illusion of near full density, and no normal person would say hey this guy is balding/thinning.

Its the only real long term solution we have right now, and for the vast majority of people it produces results. Take a look at JohnnyL's posts in the FUE forum.
From the pictures I see, it's a flip of a coin. Half transplants are unnoticeable, half say "hey look at my hair something about it looks unnatural".

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
From the pictures I see, it's a flip of a coin. Half transplants are unnoticeable, half say "hey look at my hair something about it looks unnatural".

For the most part you only see the best results so it's worse than that.

cesc

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it depends on how much you know yourself about natural looking hairlines and who you go to who works with what you have rather than a one size fits all approach

The friend in question knows next to nothing apart from looking into propecia and half assing his rogaine regime. But like I said his transplant is good, and only freaks like us who are norwood hunters would suspect

To the layman no one would suspect a thing, and that's what makes transplants so effective. He's a year older than me at 39 and this will keep him going for quite a few years I imagine, and for someone approaching 40 the amount of cosmetic hair he has puts him in the top 20% bracket of people his age. Looks like he still has plenty of donor as well

I'm on oral min and needling and it seems to be having an effect but if my situation was getting desperate i'd not hesitate to get a transplant

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil with dermarolling isn't the best option. You should start making an appointment for hair transplant.

Dbjames

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral Darolutamide.

Technically it's already released, but not to the general public at an affordable price. And since it doesn't cross the Blood-Brain barrier, it won't effect DHT/T levels.
This is not quite right. It’s an androgen receptor blocker given to patient with advanced prostate cancer. Regardless of whether it crosses the BBB or not it shouldn’t affect DHT/T levels but it blocks their action at receptors. It is still very likely to have side effects.

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In 10 years time someone will have this whole hair cloning thing figured out and we’ll be able to get a nice set. Until then, three things:

Finasteride (oral or topical)
Conventional hair transplant
Save your money