I'm Only 17 And Lthinning+shedding Hair

Obesecat

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. That moment when you call me out for cussing then go on to calling me a SOB. You're such a smart guy

2. His hairline isn't that bad

3. I have 20/20 vision

4. You're literally just speculating! There's never been any clinical trials on the effect of finasteride on under 18s. Honestly, my advice may be bad, yours is just negligent and dangerous

5. Food and drink DOES have an effect on hairloss. There was a study out the other week that showed that alcoholics are less likely to lose their hair as it increased estrogen

6. "Only children resort to cursing and foul language since it shows you are uneducated. I suggest you look into taking an English class" - Shakespeare cussed a lot. I also have a masters degree so good try

Honestly, I'm done with you and your stupidity now.

OP, do what you want. Hop on finasteride or wait and see what your blood tests results show. Good luck.

Never head of someone with a masters degree speaking the way you do. More likely you you are some kid who dropped out of highschool

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Never head of someone with a masters degree speaking the way you do. More likely you you are some kid who dropped out of highschool
Coooool man

What you think is likely or unlikely really means a lot to me

eMPowrd

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, please stop the fight. It does not help anyone.

What I will do is both the blood test which is very cheap if you want to do it immediately or free if you want to be scheduled.
I will also invest in finasteride and/or minoxidil.

You guys have been discussing about my hairline. Whether it's good or bad I don't know. But if you think it is good it might be because my hair is very short and it might not be so visible, again not sure.

eMPowrd

My Regimen
Reaction score
To help decide my hairline status and if it is good or bad I will post pictures of my very short hair when it's wet.

Attachments

• IMG_20180320_203445.jpg
    IMG_20180320_203445.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_20180320_203422.jpg
    IMG_20180320_203422.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_20180320_203539.jpg
    IMG_20180320_203539.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_20180320_203651.jpg
    IMG_20180320_203651.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_20180320_203335.jpg
    IMG_20180320_203335.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_20180320_203603.jpg
    IMG_20180320_203603.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_20180320_203513.jpg
    IMG_20180320_203513.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 215

eMPowrd

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well guys I went to the medic and he said I should rather go to the dermatologist. So I went there and he confirmed I have androgenetic alopecia.(Already knew that)
I am now on minoxidil and when I asked about finasteride he said that I should not be taking it at my age(18)as it can cause many side effects such as erectile dysfunction and mess up my hormons.
He said I should consult an endocrinologist because if I hop on finasteride now, by the time I'm 30 I might not be able to have kids.
Now I know those side effecte are possible and don't happen to everyone. Do you guys recommend it?

Articom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
-It basically goes like this.
-I have first noticed the hair loss about 2 years ago, when I noticed I did not have so much hair in the front area.
-Over time I guess it progressed in such a rate to the point where now I'm concerned I might be losing my hair by the time I'm 20. This is horrible, and when my friends tell me I'm going bald I'm feeling very insecure and anxious.
-I did take minoxidil but I was incosistent with it, it just caused more shedding which got me even more worried(yes I know it's normal in the beginning but I was even more afraid of losing it and not getting results)
-I don't know if food is a problem.I don't eat anything but I eat a lot. I have an athletic body, I go to the gym 4 to 5 days a week.I take cold showers and I have a special shampoo made for my problem.
-I will upload pictures to see for yourself with my hair wet , the picture with the bathtub was taken today when I finished showering
-I saw that the problem occurs mostly at the top of my head, while on the sides and back it's like nothing happened.

I don't know what to do. Please tell me if I need to provide more information.
You poor soul, and i thought i had it bad at your age.

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well guys I went to the medic and he said I should rather go to the dermatologist. So I went there and he confirmed I have androgenetic alopecia.(Already knew that)
I am now on minoxidil and when I asked about finasteride he said that I should not be taking it at my age(18)as it can cause many side effects such as erectile dysfunction and mess up my hormons.
He said I should consult an endocrinologist because if I hop on finasteride now, by the time I'm 30 I might not be able to have kids.
Now I know those side effecte are possible and don't happen to everyone. Do you guys recommend it?
You wouldn't be able to have kids because finasteride would give you a floppy dick or because it messes up your sperm?

Personally, I wouldn't take it at your age if advised by a doctor not to... shittt... I'm reconsidering taking now and I'm 25.

Articom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You wouldn't be able to have kids because finasteride would give you a floppy dick or because it messes up your sperm?

Personally, I wouldn't take it at your age if advised by a doctor not to... shittt... I'm reconsidering taking now and I'm 25.
Isnt that like only 1 percent of cases?

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on finasteride when I was 17 and my dick still works fine, those sides you mentioned are rare and even if you do experience them they are completely reversible
I knew about the potential risk of impotence, but that's something I can kinda monitor over time.

Really hard to check if you sperm is getting wrecked though, unless you're actively trying to have kids.

Articom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I knew about the potential risk of impotence, but that's something I can kinda monitor over time.

Really hard to check if you sperm is getting wrecked though, unless you're actively trying to have kids.
Whats more important to you? Hair or the small chance of infertility? Thats really what it boils down too.

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude you're not going to become impotent from finasteride. Don't you think the FDA would notice something like that. Even if that side is possible it would be reversible so its worth the risk imo
It was infertility that concerned me, not impotence.

I've just read up about it and it echoes what you guys were saying: Only a slight chance of it occurring and all evidence suggests it's reversible once you stop taking meds.

Articom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it was that likely to make me infertal id double my dosage.

eMPowrd

My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to know if it is normal to shed hair while using minoxidil and if yes, how much. I tend to lose about 10 hairs in the morning and another 10 at night.
I'm on week 1, how long until it stops? Is this a sign of it not working?
I don't want to lose more than I gain

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys suggest to cut my hair shorter on sides and longer on top to give a longer hair illusion? i guess i should avoid buzzcuts, even though it is something I considered for a while.
I will start treatment with minoxidil,I want to ask, is the Alopexy company good?It is 5% minoxidil anyway, but does the company matter?
I will try looking for finasteride.
I would also like to know what food to avoid, or activities to avoid.

This is probably NOT dietary, but it does not hurt to get checked out by a doctor (blood tests, including hormones).

A buzzcut, depending on how short, could make it look worse, you may have to go really short. You can always try, and grow it back if you don't like the results. I would suggest NO gel!!! Gel makes your hair look thinner.

Good luck

eMPowrd

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my sink with all the lost hair in the evening, after just applying minoxidil.
It is quite worrying for me, I don't want to lose even more hair, then not be able to regrow it.
Is it normal to lose this many hairs?This is week 3, the number of lost hairs has increased.

Attachments

• IMG_20180414_000811.jpg
    IMG_20180414_000811.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 203

eMPowrd

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairloss on minoxidil increased.
I shed 50+ hairs per day in the sink.
My head looks worse than before i started the treatment and I feel ashamed to go go school and outside the house overall...
Should I keep going?

Articom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairloss on minoxidil increased.
I shed 50+ hairs per day in the sink.
My head looks worse than before i started the treatment and I feel ashamed to go go school and outside the house overall...
Should I keep going?
That means its working, it should come back thicker, u might see a few shedding phases until it stops.