I'm Only 17 And Lthinning+shedding Hair

Warlord2.0

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys suggest to cut my hair shorter on sides and longer on top to give a longer hair illusion? i guess i should avoid buzzcuts, even though it is something I considered for a while.
I will start treatment with minoxidil,I want to ask, is the Alopexy company good?It is 5% minoxidil anyway, but does the company matter?
I will try looking for finasteride.
I would also like to know what food to avoid, or activities to avoid.

Oils and herbal remedies do not work my friend.
Try minoxidil first for few months and see what happens...If it does not get better you might consider finasteride also.
You can try the Jordi Alba haircut as you mentionned (shorter on sides and longer on top).I have the same and it does not look bad at all.

eMPowrd

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will cut my hair thursday/friday and post it here to show you guys how it looks when it's styled.
While buzzcuts look good on receding hairline, the only thing that makes me avoid it is having thin hair.
You can literally count the hairs i have, I would not want that to be even more visible on my scalp

Obesecat

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will cut my hair thursday/friday and post it here to show you guys how it looks when it's styled.
While buzzcuts look good on receding hairline, the only thing that makes me avoid it is having thin hair.
You can literally count the hairs i have, I would not want that to be even more visible on my scalp

That’s actually why you do shorts buzz cuts 1/2 guard. It makes the thinning less noticeable

eMPowrd

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay guys this is how my hair looks after I go to the barber. Now when I look myself at them and taking pictures, viewing it from every angle it looks so bad and very unattractive. This severely increases my insecurity and anxiety.
I really don't want to be ashamed of myself in my twenties.

Attachments

• IMG_20180315_145627.jpg
    IMG_20180315_145627.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_20180315_145432.jpg
    IMG_20180315_145432.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_20180315_145729.jpg
    IMG_20180315_145729.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_20180315_145604.jpg
    IMG_20180315_145604.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 345

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay guys this is how my hair looks after I go to the barber. Now when I look myself at them and taking pictures, viewing it from every angle it looks so bad and very unattractive. This severely increases my insecurity and anxiety.
Go to your doctors and get a blood test for thyroid, zinc, all the vitamins and ask for advice ASAP.

Your situation is weird as your hairline actually looks pretty good (the fact that your barber still gives you a line-up around your temples proves that, as if you temples were receded there would be nothing to line up lol)... but yea, it looks like pretty aggressive diffuse thinning which looks worse as you have fair and fine hair.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm looks diffuse for me .

How is your family situation? Grandfather, father, Uncles?

Warlord2.0

My Regimen
Reaction score
The haircut is amazing!But you have to do tests as members told you to know what is wrong and improve your density!your hairline looks great.

eMPowrd

My Regimen
Reaction score
My grandfather got balder the older he was. but when he was young he had good hair
My father had long,thick hair when he was about my age,he is now bald but of choice,and if he let his hair grow it would be a Norwood3.
Here is the thing, my MOTHER has very few hair on the top and she is been like that since about her twenties.
She is not bald and she is not losing any more hair,but her scalp is visible.Should I try to get a picture for you guys?

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My grandfather got balder the older he was. but when he was young he had good hair
My father had long,thick hair when he was about my age,he is now bald but of choice,and if he let his hair grow it would be a Norwood3.
Here is the thing, my MOTHER has very few hair on the top and she is been like that since about her twenties.
She is not bald and she is not losing any more hair,but her scalp is visible.Should I try to get a picture for you guys?
No dude leave your mom alone lol. all anyone can tell you is to have a healthy lifestyle, eat healthy, and try finasteride and the "big 3" as well as dermarolling, etc. there's not much else that is a proven method.

yourworld001

Established Member
Reaction score
I am a Bangladeshi and I am a Student.I am not a businessman. Here people only use coconut oil and Olive oil for hair. I just write content for women health. If I am an Indian or American then trying to be a businessman. Bangladeshi girls and women never go to business.

@Admin ban this idiot.

eMPowrd

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will come later with blood analysis results, minoxidil bought for sure and I will try to afford finasteride and derma roller

Obesecat

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will come later with blood analysis results, minoxidil bought for sure and I will try to afford finasteride and derma roller

I wouldn’t bother with a blood test. Wast of money. Assuming you are not from a 3rd world country most modern diets have enough nutrients in them to prevent hair loss. Even a diet of only McDonalds would not cause hair loss, even though it probably would cause other health problems.

Honestly it bothers me how much ignorant/bad advice is passed around on this forum. Let me break it down for you.

1. 98% of male hair loss is due to male pattern baldness. Don’t go into denial. The other 1.7 percent is Alopecia areta; which you don’t have. 0.3% is vitamin deficiency.

2. Rogaine and finasteride finasteride are the only products that help with male pattern baldness and are FDA approved. Anyone who suggests other treatments without the above mentioned ones is not someone you should be taking advice from. This includes dermarolling as there is no clinical evidence.

3. No medication will grow back significant amounts of hair. Medications are about prevention and stopping future hair loss. They will not re-grow large amounts of hair. There are some exceptions such is rare hyper responders. But again this is incredibly uncommon.

4. The mature hairline myth. Any hair loss at the hairline is a sign of DHT sensitivity. Everyone with a mature hairline balds at some point in the future. I would take it as a warning sign to start preventative treatments.

My point is this. In my view you are suffering from male pattern baldness. finasteride is your best option then rogaine. Everything else dermarolling, lllt, and vitamins will have minimal effects and you shouldn’t bother with it. I know it is really tempting to go into denial and gravitate towards easy solutions or people who claim you don’t have male pattern baldness, but I urge you not to do this. When you are 24 are a Norwood 6 you will regret it

Obesecat

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Go to your doctors and get a blood test for thyroid, zinc, all the vitamins and ask for advice ASAP.

Your situation is weird as your hairline actually looks pretty good (the fact that your barber still gives you a line-up around your temples proves that, as if you temples were receded there would be nothing to line up lol)... but yea, it looks like pretty aggressive diffuse thinning which looks worse as you have fair and fine hair.

It bothers me how bad your advice is. His hairline has clearly receded. It is in a clear M shape recession. Granted he is not a Norwood 3 yet but he is fast approaching that point.

Get your eyes checked.

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It bothers me how bad your advice is. His hairline has clearly receded. It is in a clear M shape recession. Granted he is not a Norwood 3 yet but he is fast approaching that point.

Get your eyes checked.
Lol. My eyes are fine.

You're retarded. Get your head checked.

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t bother with a blood test. Wast of money. Assuming you are not from a 3rd world country most modern diets have enough nutrients in them to prevent hair loss. Even a diet of only McDonalds would not cause hair loss, even though it probably would cause other health problems.

Honestly it bothers me how much ignorant/bad advice is passed around on this forum. Let me break it down for you.

1. 98% of male hair loss is due to male pattern baldness. Don’t go into denial. The other 1.7 percent is Alopecia areta; which you don’t have. 0.3% is vitamin deficiency.

2. Rogaine and finasteride finasteride are the only products that help with male pattern baldness and are FDA approved. Anyone who suggests other treatments without the above mentioned ones is not someone you should be taking advice from. This includes dermarolling as there is no clinical evidence.

3. No medication will grow back significant amounts of hair. Medications are about prevention and stopping future hair loss. They will not re-grow large amounts of hair. There are some exceptions such is rare hyper responders. But again this is incredibly uncommon.

4. The mature hairline myth. Any hair loss at the hairline is a sign of DHT sensitivity. Everyone with a mature hairline balds at some point in the future. I would take it as a warning sign to start preventative treatments.

My point is this. In my view you are suffering from male pattern baldness. finasteride is your best option then rogaine. Everything else dermarolling, lllt, and vitamins will have minimal effects and you shouldn’t bother with it. I know it is really tempting to go into denial and gravitate towards easy solutions or people who claim you don’t have male pattern baldness, but I urge you not to do this. When you are 24 are a Norwood 6 you will regret it

Where did you get those numbers from? Diffuse hairloss especially in teens is unusual and saying that it doesn't warrant bloods/ investigation is irresponsible.

There are many medical causes for hairloss that aren't male pattern baldness/alopecia areta or vitamin deficiencies that simple tests can rule out.

It probably is male pattern baldness (although theres no evidence of miniaturization) but that is sh*t advice

Last edited:

Obesecat

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where did you get those numbers from? Diffuse hairloss especially in teens is unusual and saying that it doesn't warrant bloods/ investigation is irresponsible.

There are many medical causes for hairloss that aren't male pattern baldness/alopecia areta or vitamin deficiencies that simple tests can rule out.

It probably is male pattern baldness (although theres no evidence of miniaturization) but that is sh*t advice

Actually male pattern baldness becomes more common with age and can effect anyone over 16 years old. Again past that age any loss it is most likely going to be MBP. I would agree with you if OP was younger but as he is 17 unfortunately at that age it is most likely male pattern baldness. OP is going to need to see a Doctor to get finasteride anyway. I doubt the Doctor would recommend a blood test. OP has a receding hairline and diffusion that is the worst at the crown. Telltale signs of male pattern baldness. OP can get a blood test if he wants but chances are it wont show anything. OP has stated that he is on a budget and will have trouble affording finasteride so my advice would be to save his money and skip the blood test.

Yes you are correct. I meant to type out 0.3% is other causes which would include vitamin deficiencies. My point with that was just to show how rare vitamin deficiency is in developed countries. Outside of MBP hair loss caused by other issues is incredibly rare by comparison and generally these issues will show other symptoms besides hair loss.

If you are talking about OP he has a receded hairline and diffusion that is the worst at the crown. I would consider that early signs of male pattern baldness. If you are talking about "Mature Hairlines" in general.... they are caused by the same process as regular male pattern baldness - Dht sensitivity. So yes i would advise anyone who wants to keep more hair to get on finasteride as a preventative measure. Assuming a doctor would prescribe it to them.

Obesecat

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol. My eyes are fine.

You're retarded. Get your head checked.

LOL talking about a barber giving a line up meaning the hairline hasn't receded. Plenty of bald people get line ups.

Again I would recommend a good eye doctor

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL talking about a barber giving a line up meaning the hairline hasn't receded. Plenty of bald people get line ups.

Again I would recommend a good eye doctor
Lmaooo. Are you actually mentally challenged???

1. The OP got a temporal line up which is definitely something you wouldn't get if you was close to a Norwood 3 like your dumbass suggested. Also, tf is that video? Literally has no relevance. The black guy in a video got a spray paint job on his hairline - The OP didn't.

2. I stand by what me and others have said: the OP clearly has diffuse thinning, however his hairline is still intact.

3. You say my advice is bad, yet you say he shouldn't get a blood test because usually it's just male pattern baldness. Even if there's just the slightest chance it's a thyroid/vit problem then a blood test should be done. I agree with you that the majority of the time it is MOB, but the OP is a 17-years-old diffuse thinner which increases the likelihood that it could be something other than MOB.

4. My advice is bad, yet you tell a 17-year-old to hop on finasteride.

5. You state that you shouldn't smoke as it can constrict blood supply to your scalp then go on to say a diet consisting of only McDonald's wouldn't cause hairloss.

6. "Food/activity don’t really have a significant effect on hairloss. Just be healthy in general what’s good for the body is good for hair." - Literally contridicting yourself.

Again, I'd recommend a good psychologist.

Obesecat

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lmaooo. Are you actually mentally challenged???

1. The OP got a temporal line up which is definitely something you wouldn't get if you was close to a Norwood 3 like your dumbass suggested. Also, tf is that video? Literally has no relevance. The black guy in a video got a spray paint job on his hairline - The OP didn't.

2. I stand by what me and others have said: the OP clearly has diffuse thinning, however his hairline is still intact.

3. You say my advice is bad, yet you say he shouldn't get a blood test because usually it's just male pattern baldness. Even if there's just the slightest chance it's a thyroid/vit problem then a blood test should be done. I agree with you that the majority of the time it is MOB, but the OP is a 17-years-old diffuse thinner which increases the likelihood that it could be something other than MOB.

4. My advice is bad, yet you tell a 17-year-old to hop on finasteride.

5. You state that you shouldn't smoke as it can constrict blood supply to your scalp then go on to say a diet consisting of only McDonald's wouldn't cause hairloss.

6. "Food/activity don’t really have a significant effect on hairloss. Just be healthy in general what’s good for the body is good for hair." - Literally contridicting yourself.

Again, I'd recommend a good psychologist.

1st you need to stop cursing because it makes you sound like an uneducated SOB. It also shows you have no argument since you are clearly throwing a tantrum like a little child.

1. OP is clearly a norwood 2+. His hairline makes an M shape and come to a very sharp point. A hairline being "fine" as you put it is a matter of opinion. Many people here would consider a norwood 3 to be "fine". It up to OP. Clearly OP is not a Norwood 1

2. I stand by what i said, you need to get your eyes checked

3. You keep bringing up OP's age. He is not a little kid. His body has completed most of its development by this point - growth wise. DHT is responsible for male characteristics and has most of it genetic effects occur between ages 11-15. Going on finasteride should not have an effect on OP developmentally. Developmental changes past 16 are insignificant, the body has completed most of its growing at that point anyway.

4. Being healthy is never a bad thing and can have positive benefits all around. It can have benefits of making the hair look shiner and healthier but it will not stop/reverse male pattern baldness. My point was that you should not expect a healthy diet and exercise to effect the balding process.

Only children resort to cursing and foul language since it shows you are uneducated. I suggest you look into taking an English class in addition to getting your eyes checked

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1st you need to stop cursing because it makes you sound like an uneducated SOB. It also shows you have no argument since you are clearly throwing a tantrum like a little child.

1. OP is clearly a norwood 2+. His hairline makes an M shape and come to a very sharp point. A hairline being "fine" as you put it is a matter of opinion. Many people here would consider a norwood 3 to be "fine". It up to OP. Clearly OP is not a Norwood 1

2. I stand by what i said, you need to get your eyes checked

3. You keep bringing up OP's age. He is not a little kid. His body has completed most of its development by this point - growth wise. DHT is responsible for male characteristics and has most of it genetic effects occur between ages 11-15. Going on finasteride should not have an effect on OP developmentally. Developmental changes past 16 are insignificant, the body has completed most of its growing at that point anyway.

4. Being healthy is never a bad thing and can have positive benefits all around. It can have benefits of making the hair look shiner and healthier but it will not stop/reverse male pattern baldness. My point was that you should not expect a healthy diet and exercise to effect the balding process.

Only children resort to cursing and foul language since it shows you are uneducated. I suggest you look into taking an English class in addition to getting your eyes checked

1. That moment when you call me out for cussing then go on to calling me a SOB. You're such a smart guy

2. His hairline isn't that bad

3. I have 20/20 vision

4. You're literally just speculating! There's never been any clinical trials on the effect of finasteride on under 18s. Honestly, my advice may be bad, yours is just negligent and dangerous

5. Food and drink DOES have an effect on hairloss. There was a study out the other week that showed that alcoholics are less likely to lose their hair as it increased estrogen

6. "Only children resort to cursing and foul language since it shows you are uneducated. I suggest you look into taking an English class" - Shakespeare cussed a lot. I also have a masters degree so good try

Honestly, I'm done with you and your stupidity now.

OP, do what you want. Hop on finasteride or wait and see what your blood tests results show. Good luck.