i'll never get my self esteem back

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
no matter how much i try i simply cannot accept being a bald man. i will never stop feeling like i am in the wrong body. ever since i started balding at 17 i've pretty much have had negative self esteem. i am not 21 and full norwood 6 and i feel i can acquire some semblance of being happy but i will NEVER regain my self esteem.

its just overwhelming thinking about how i am 5'6, bald and skinny. i guess i cud work out to fix the last thing but meh i dont have the motivation

its funny cuz my self esteem was just starting to increase the year or two before baldness hit me :(

i can't accept baldness ever. it's been years now and the only thing i can accept is that i will never accept it.

a lot of my free time is spent listening to music that reminds me of the old days with hair and fantasizing about being back there. sometimes i feel if i imagine going back to those days hard enough i will wake up in those days. but i know that is impossible.

last night i felt so empty and sad it hurt and i was about to call the psych ward but i dont want to be seen there without a hat.

i don't know what to do. i just want some emotional support please

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Whoa!! hang in there bro. I am sorry i really dont have anything substantial to say but you need to distract yourself and find something to do so that it keeps your mind busy and not think about hairloss. Its not easy what you are going through, i cant even imagine how you feel bt you need to stop living in the past dude. Sorry if anything i said offended you. Stay happy brother, hope that lady luck smiles on you soon. take care.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whoa!! hang in there bro. I am sorry i really dont have anything substantial to say but you need to distract yourself and find something to do so that it keeps your mind busy and not think about hairloss. Its not easy what you are going through, i cant even imagine how you feel bt you need to stop living in the past dude. Sorry if anything i said offended you. Stay happy brother, hope that lady luck smiles on you soon. take care.
being able to live in the past is wat keeps me going tho. if i couldnt live in the past id prolly have blown my brains out by now lol.

i do try to distract myself as well. next semester im taking more classes so that should help

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
No run away from any school any campus. We are not wanted there and you would only be punishing yourself. I used to get high and chain smoke while fappin to p**rn... now I cant smoke in my apartment complex anymore. They are literally supressing my coping mechanism. How am I supposec to blow off steam now. They are going to turn me into a serial killer I just know it.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
No, stay in school and make something out of yourself. No, getting educated will not give you a full head of hair, but it at the very least will increase your earning potential and raise your value. As a young NW6 you are an outcast and most women will find you unattractive. I will not try to sugar coat it, but your lack of hair will not be as important as you get older. Not saying it will not matter, but as you get into your 30's and beyond hair loss is pretty much the norm. Stay focused and get your degree, get a career. Which looks better a NW6 with something going for himself, or a NW6 working some crappy job making close to minimum wage?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, stay in school and make something out of yourself. No, getting educated will not give you a full head of hair, but it at the very least will increase your earning potential and raise your value. As a young NW6 you are an outcast and most women will find you unattractive. I will not try to sugar coat it, but your lack of hair will not be as important as you get older. Not saying it will not matter, but as you get into your 30's and beyond hair loss is pretty much the norm. Stay focused and get your degree, get a career. Which looks better a NW6 with something going for himself, or a NW6 working some crappy job making close to minimum wage?

I am 29. I would say sadly hair is important into 40's. I get that feeling looking around in many different circles. Everyone is "staying younger, longer" these days.

Good advice on OP getting an education to raise his value and no point sugar coating it. Work out and get jacked. Use the money from work for a hair transplant even using body hair. You don't need to be a Norwood 1 to be considered not balding.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Which looks better a NW6 with something going for himself, or a NW6 working some crappy job making close to minimum wage?

This, also remember that you're STILL only 20/21 and your 20s. especially your early 20s are your primetime years for getting a good education and good job and career in life. The are lots of job and career opportunity windows wide open now, that won't be open for you in your early 30s or even late 20s, so make the very best of these years while you can.... Lots of people don't, myself included, I spent most of my early and mid 20s being an insecure balding nw3 and as a consequence desperately chasing after any pussy I could get my hands on, lol, all the while neglecting my education and work life the whole time and never realising my full potential as a result. If I had not wasted so much time, energy and effort worrying about pussy, worked harder and achieved more in those years, I'd easily have enough for a hair transplant by now and my problems would be solved. So again, make the best of your early 20s, don't waste them away on stupid sh*t like I and many others around you will.

By all means keep listening to your music if it helps you in your down times, but be positive, proactive and social in your hobbies too if you can, as this will motivate you to be more positive and proactive in your education and work life also.

Also it's worth remembering that if you ever want to go forward with a FUE hair transplant, experiment with hair systems etc in the future, a good job and steady career, is the one thing that will guarantee this as better finances mean better choices for everything in general, so there's everything to work for.

Stay strong and keep fighting hard.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
True Wolf Pack. I was bald 6 months ago and right now, and now that the results of my hair transplant are really starting to show, I don't think anyone would refer to me as bald.

And I chose a NW2,5 hair line. Not a perfect NW1 but that wasn't my goal (it's impossible anyway), my goal was just not to be the bald guy anymore.

This is invaluable, preventing conversations among your peers that go like this: "Fred? Oh yeah the bald guy!". Hair and identity go hand in hand.

Yeah exactly. I am a Norwood 2-3 with thick hair elsewhere and no one has referred to me as a bald guy. People need to get a grip. What you have done with the hair transplant is good.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response friend. Answers in red. Further feedback always appreciated!

Lol, nice job forgetting to mention the most important one: Getting a future wife, which OP will likely never have the pleasure of experiencing. What's the point of living if you can't experience the touch of a woman ?

No sh*t, but in the absence of hair and top notch aesthetics, what is it that you think attracts good quality women and potential wives to men? ... A good job and good career and a secure future...

When I met my long term partner at University, I sold her the idea I was going places, hard working, ambitious and motivated, do you honestly think any decently atrractive "potential wife" is ever going to be interested in a guy's who's long term plan is to work dead end minimum wage jobs and feel sorry for himself because of lack of hair??? Delusional.

It's a million times more powerful than any amount of muscles or money or education.

I agree, that's why he should worry about "muscles" and women later down the line and right now, concentrate instead on getting a career and a job which will make him legit high status and genuinely desirable and attractive to women, if women are still a problem then, he will have the finances to go hard on the hair transplants or hair pieces, so either way it's win-win... "Common Sense" Theory really when you think about it, not hard....

Let's not forget that baldness will still f*ck up his chance with potential employers. Got a 25 year-old with a lush thick head of hair, and then another 25 year-old who looks like he's 50 years-old. Which one do you think the employer is going to choose to represent his company ?

If he's applying for sales, marketing, fashion or some other bs wishywashy field like that, then of course, like everyone else who's not a 7+/10 he's screwed, but all other professional fields will hire almost purely on your skills and experience, as long as he grooms himself properly and doesn't come across as a socially inept retard at interview stage, then the resume will do 98% of the work for itself!..... Just look at the massive proportion of nw5+ guys on the boards at these big multinational firms ffs. How did they get so far with their premature baldness??? Superior skills, qualifications and related work experience perhaps... "Common Sense" Theory again my friend...

The only reason I haven't blown my brains out is because I still have a glimpse of hope that a cure is possible within the next few years. No f*cking way I'm going to spend the rest of my life like this.

Well I suggest you do everybody here a favour and cap yourself now because a potential cure ain't f**king coming anytime soon my friend and to pin all your life hopes on such an event is laughable and quite sad really. It's always "just around the corner" "only 5 years away" but 20 years later, Finasteride aka "penis poison" is still the most proven and advanced treatment we have.

Lets get this straight here I'm a 100% realist and pragmatist when it comes to living and dealing with a lifetime of male pattern baldness, the best and only thing you can do is improve your finances as much as possible long term with a good career, in order to make the best of the treatments and solutions we currently have, e.g. meds, hair transplants, hair pieces, smp etc.. and any future treatment that MIGHT, in the the very unlikely event, be discovered.

No one on this forum is forced to live their whole life as as slick nw5+ bald man if they don't want to, we ALL still have options available to us, yes they might not give us a real full head of hair that we can stroke with our hands and have orgasms about, but they will give us the "aesthetic" difference and in society and the big, mean real world, the aesthetic difference is all that f**king matters.

I don't for example, get the stigma here about nw7 guys, too far gone for a hair transplant, wearing hair pieces...You wear a wig? So what? As long as it "looks" like hair to 90% of oblvious non-male pattern baldness suffering people out ther, that is literally all that matters, hairloss depression 90% solved!

Being outed by less than 10% of people Vs Being ridiculed and looked permanently down upon like a 2nd class citizen by 100% of people.... Hmmm, I know which I'd prefer. "Common Sense" Theory ftw!

EvilLocks

Reaction score
no matter how much i try i simply cannot accept being a bald man. i will never stop feeling like i am in the wrong body. ever since i started balding at 17 i've pretty much have had negative self esteem. i am not 21 and full norwood 6 and i feel i can acquire some semblance of being happy but i will NEVER regain my self esteem.

its just overwhelming thinking about how i am 5'6, bald and skinny. i guess i cud work out to fix the last thing but meh i dont have the motivation

its funny cuz my self esteem was just starting to increase the year or two before baldness hit me :(

i can't accept baldness ever. it's been years now and the only thing i can accept is that i will never accept it.

a lot of my free time is spent listening to music that reminds me of the old days with hair and fantasizing about being back there. sometimes i feel if i imagine going back to those days hard enough i will wake up in those days. but i know that is impossible.

last night i felt so empty and sad it hurt and i was about to call the psych ward but i dont want to be seen there without a hat.

i don't know what to do. i just want some emotional support please

Everything you wrote could have been said by me, exodus. I don't know what to tell you other than you're not alone. Not that it helps, because we are still a minority of young baldies even though I'm a woman and you're a man. Like you I constantly slip into a fantasy world of my old life and sometimes the fantasy makes me smile but then I remember that it's just that, a fantasy, and I feel worse than before. I wish I could fix this hell for all of us... but I can't :(

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, nice job forgetting to mention the most important one: Getting a future wife, which OP will likely never have the pleasure of experiencing. What's the point of living if you can't experience the touch of a woman ? It's a million times more powerful than any amount of muscles or money or education. Let's not forget that baldness will still f*ck up his chance with potential employers. Got a 25 year-old with a lush thick head of hair, and then another 25 year-old who looks like he's 50 years-old. Which one do you think the employer is going to choose to represent his company ? Hair loss has a domino effect on your life. It just doesn't stop you from getting women, it f*cks up all aspects wherever and whenever it can. The truth is OP, you're pretty much f*cked, and I'm not far from you either. The only reason I haven't blown my brains out is because I still have a glimpse of hope that a cure is possible within the next few years. No f*cking way I'm going to spend the rest of my life like this.

What you say is sad, yet true.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
EL, why do you even bother with these two. They know nothing about women, their opinion on the subject is irrelevant. AAMOF, its ridiculous. And CF quoting Fred in a signature... Enough said.

scorpiolove

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think Exodus needs to get high right about now! Depression is no joke.
Be around your friends,have a few drinks,smoke a bit,talk about what's bothering you,have a good cry.
It's 4:20 time! A lot of women are 420 friendly, all you have to say to a pretty woman is "smoke a joint?"the first thing you should do is start some conversations with your closest friends and family Exodus.
Don't isolate yourself, your not alone. Some norwood 1's are even more depressed than you, it's true! I wish you well Exodus!

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I am 29. I would say sadly hair is important into 40's. I get that feeling looking around in many different circles. Everyone is "staying younger, longer" these days.

Good advice on OP getting an education to raise his value and no point sugar coating it. Work out and get jacked. Use the money from work for a hair transplant even using body hair. You don't need to be a Norwood 1 to be considered not balding.

Agreed. I am 38 and I still feel like crap about it. I was just saying there is no need to make things worse and give up on the rest of his life. Also as he gets older he will be less of an outcast as he will not be the only one dealing with hairloss.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I went to the gym and got a tan but it made no difference as far as women are concerned.
I can make them laugh, treat them decently, etc, but as soon as I take her to the bar with some of my friends, I become completely invisible and her attention is 100% on the NW1 pretty boys at the table, no matter how lame their jokes are or how dull their stories are, they still get her attention 100% while I become invisible.
This happens time after time again and only 1 thing can fix it - hair

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Equating your situation to that of Exodus or mine is downright insulting.

Whoo, that's just insanely rude. How can you say that while you don't even know her life? A hairpiece isn't going to fix everything for her you know. You forget about the part that it is uncomfortable, the feeling of being almost the only one in her age of wearing one, the feeling that your real hair is gone, etc. Her gender isn't going to make any of those feelings better.

Since I am 12 my life as been nothing but sh**, but because of that you don't see me telling people that my life is harder and that they don't have the right to complain. Have some sympathy Captain.

- - - Updated - - -

I went to the gym and got a tan but it made no difference as far as women are concerned.
I can make them laugh, treat them decently, etc, but as soon as I take her to the bar with some of my friends, I become completely invisible and her attention is 100% on the NW1 pretty boys at the table, no matter how lame their jokes are or how dull their stories are, they still get her attention 100% while I become invisible.

Looks like you listened to the superficial advice and saw for yourself that it doesn't work.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

The worst thing about this truth is that the privileged ignorant ****heads with full heads of hair that surround us will tell us 'Its not your hair thats the problem'. It's like people want to make fools out of us and have us remain as bottom feeders.

Vim

Established Member
Reaction score
Accept the fact that you will have to get things for yourself in another way. Clinging to how pretty you were with hair will get you nowhere. And dont think that you will never be loved, because love is an illusion, just a game of fulfilling some need, for somebody.