If You Want To Regrow Hair; Read This Article!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beaner

Reaction score
Good info but it isn't about hair loss or regrowing hair.

Am I missing something?

longtime

Reaction score
I had the same question, thought maybe it was just me not being intelligent enough to understand, but this article is not really about hairloss at all and am really unclear on why this would be an important read in this forum?

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
longtime said:
I had the same question, thought maybe it was just me not being intelligent enough to understand, but this article is not really about hairloss at all and am really unclear on why this would be an important read in this forum?

What it is saying is that baldness/prostate enlargement/E.D. and weight gain are all caused by excess estrogens mainly 16-hydroxyestrogen.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Interesting article. You only really need to read the first eleven pages.

JWM

Reaction score
Come on guys, it's just another guy trying to sell his herbal product claiming estrogen is bad and free test is good. The ingredients are nothing we all haven't tried before (DIM, saw palmetto, Chrysin, zinc, etc. etc)

This theory has been floating around forever and is constantly preached on hairloss-research.org.

JLL

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
misterE said:
longtime said:

What it is saying is that baldness/prostate enlargement/E.D. and weight gain are all caused by excess estrogens mainly 16-hydroxyestrogen.

Ok.... let me get this straight you believe that male pattern baldness and prostate enlargement are caused by estrogens, not DHT...WOW! How do you explain the sucessful treatment of BHP and male pattern baldness from drugs like Finasteride/Dutasteride which have been scientifically proven to shrink enlarged prostates and slow hairloss, through their hinderance of DHT not Estrogen! Additionally, if Estrogen was the main culprit for hairloss than hairloss would be primarily prevelent in woman since they have much higher Estrogen levels.

And please don't answer this question by throwing a graph or quote at me answer it with your own words.

You know he can't :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
misterE said:

ROTFLMAO!!! And to think that because it's been a while since you've been on your anti-estrogen kick (at least for hairloss), I had actually decided that you must have gotten smarter and given up on that dead-end idea! :)

dman23

Reaction score
Hmmm can u tell us what overall we need to do to regrew insted let us read 19 pages article my english is not so perfect so if u d this i will apricate it.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
finfighter said:
Ok.... let me get this straight you believe that male pattern baldness and prostate enlargement are caused by estrogens, not DHT...

Yes.

finfighter said:
How do you explain the sucessful treatment of BHP and male pattern baldness from drugs like Finasteride/Dutasteride?

Propecia only slows hair loss by increasing S.H.B.G. Propecia obviously doesn't regrow hair.

finfighter said:
Additionally, if Estrogen was the main culprit for hairloss than hairloss would be primarily prevelent in woman since they have much higher Estrogen levels.

Andogens (or lack of estrogens) cause hairloss in women, this is why womens hair tends to thin after menopause. Estrogens (or lack of androgens) cause hairloss in men.

It does not make sense to think that androgens cause hairloss in men as they age, because androgens decrease as men age!

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
misterE said:
finfighter said:
How do you explain the sucessful treatment of BHP and male pattern baldness from drugs like Finasteride/Dutasteride?

Propecia only slows hair loss by increasing S.H.B.G. Propecia obviously doesn't regrow hair.

LOL!!!

misterE said:
It does not make sense to think that androgens cause hairloss in men as they age, because androgens decrease as men age!

This has to be one of your strangest posts ever, showing how totally CLUELESS you are. If you don't mind being ridiculed, I certainly don't mind doing it for you.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Bryan said:
misterE said:

This has to be one of your strangest posts ever, showing how totally CLUELESS you are.

How so? Please explain how this doesn't make sense.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
misterE said:
Bryan said:
This has to be one of your strangest posts ever, showing how totally CLUELESS you are.

I was actually referring more to this other statement of yours: "Propecia only slows hair loss by increasing S.H.B.G. Propecia obviously doesn't regrow hair."

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Bryan said:
misterE said:
Bryan said:

I was actually referring more to this other statement of yours: "Propecia only slows hair loss by increasing S.H.B.G. Propecia obviously doesn't regrow hair."

But why do you think that androgens are the main cause of hair loss in men when androgens actually decrease as men age? If estrogens stimulates hair follicle growth, shouldn’t men grow more hair on their heads as they age?

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
Anytime I hear the line:

"If the truth about baldness were revealed, there wouldn't be much of a profit."

I know not to even bother reading one page of something like that.

Yea, I heard about a new formula that gets your car 100 miles to the gallon but the oil companies are paying them off to keep it quiet!.....