If You Want To Regrow Hair; Read This Article!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
misterE said:
Bryan said:
misterE said:
How so? Please explain how this doesn't make sense.

I was actually referring more to this other statement of yours: "Propecia only slows hair loss by increasing S.H.B.G. Propecia obviously doesn't regrow hair."

But why do you think that androgens are the main cause of hair loss in men when androgens actually decrease as men age? If estrogens stimulates hair follicle growth, shouldn’t men grow more hair on their heads as they age?

on the flip side with the question concerning women, oestrogens DECREASE and their hair thins after menopause, according to this theory all post menopausal women should have thick hair
and generally less oestrogens = more androgens (well not in all cases but most)

also why do men who are castrated before puberty not go bald until artificiality given testosterone?

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
somone uk said:
on the flip side with the question concerning women, oestrogens DECREASE and their hair thins after menopause, according to this theory all post menopausal women should have thick hair
and generally less oestrogens = more androgens (well not in all cases but most)

No, no, no, no, no. Estrogen is good for womens hair, but not mens hair. Androgens are good for mens hair, but not womens hair! Why would anyone think that androgens are the main cause of hair loss in men when androgens actually decrease as men age?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
misterE said:
But why do you think that androgens are the main cause of hair loss in men when androgens actually decrease as men age?

That question comes up occasionally on hairloss sites like this one (or related questions, like "Why do some people start balding relatively late in life, even though their androgen levels are highest in their late teenage years, or early 20's?"). I'm going to answer that question for all the other readers who may be wondering the same thing (you've demonstrated to me that you don't listen to what people tell you). There are at least TWO important reasons for why it can take a long time for a man to develop balding, even though his overall androgen levels may be slowly declining:

1) Damage to hair follicles from androgens is cumulative, and can sometimes take YEARS to develop. It doesn't just happen overnight.

2) Scalp hair follicles can become more and more sensitive to androgens over a period of time (years). They don't simply change from being relatively insensitive to androgens (like they are, prior to puberty) to being fully sensitive to androgen the day that puberty hits. It's a gradual process of becoming more and more sensitive to androgens. The very slowly declining average levels of androgens in aging men by itself isn't sufficient to stop the balding process.

misterE said:
If estrogens stimulates hair follicle growth, shouldn’t men grow more hair on their heads as they age?

No, because I think it takes a LOT more estrogen than that to noticeably stimulate scalp hair growth. That's why I don't recommend that balding men take estrogen supplements to stimulate more hair growth: the side effects from taking a sufficient amount of estrogen for that specific purpose would be intolerable.

BTW, if you want people to take you seriously and not laugh at you, I strongly suggest that you get rid of your new signature file. This statement (and some of the others, too) just make people think you're a complete idiot: "When it comes to men's hairloss estrogens are the main culprit not androgens!"

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
MisterE I commend you on your tireless imagination and thinking out side of the box as the science, like religion, of the day CAN NOT ALWAYS be correct and can be very closed minded with its endless protocols, rules, add to the mix governments and institutions, leading to stagnation and lack of exploration and discovery. We need some free thinkers to open our eyes and wonder.

But MisterE! If you want to regrow hair, stop trying to reinvent the wheel which as you know is a waste of time as it rolls around just perfectly for its intended purpose so good luck telling us yours rolls better just cause you painted it with florescent glow in the dark paint.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
IBM said:
Why anyone hasnt questioned about misterE avatar?

He's already talked about that. It's one of the characters in The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Little does he know that his choice of avatar is actually more interesting to us than his ridiculous ideas about hairloss! :)

barcafan

Reaction score
Bryan said:
misterE said:
But why do you think that androgens are the main cause of hair loss in men when androgens actually decrease as men age?

That question comes up occasionally on hairloss sites like this one (or related questions, like "Why do some people start balding relatively late in life, even though their androgen levels are highest in their late teenage years, or early 20's?"). I'm going to answer that question for all the other readers who may be wondering the same thing (you've demonstrated to me that you don't listen to what people tell you). There are at least TWO important reasons for why it can take a long time for a man to develop balding, even though his overall androgen levels may be slowly declining:

1) Damage to hair follicles from androgens is cumulative, and can sometimes take YEARS to develop. It doesn't just happen overnight.

2) Scalp hair follicles can become more and more sensitive to androgens over a period of time (years). They don't simply change from being relatively insensitive to androgens (like they are, prior to puberty) to being fully sensitive to androgen the day that puberty hits. It's a gradual process of becoming more and more sensitive to androgens. The very slowly declining average levels of androgens in aging men by itself isn't sufficient to stop the balding process.

How does this explain my (And 2 friends of mine) rapid progression from NW1-NW3 from ages 16-21? I honestly went from a NW1 - NW2 Literally in a month.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
How does this explain my (And 2 friends of mine) rapid progression from NW1-NW3 from ages 16-21? I honestly went from a NW1 - NW2 Literally in a month.

Not EVERYBODY balds at a very slow rate, of course. But many of us do take a lot of time to do that. I personally didn't even start balding until I was in my early to mid 40's.

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
barcafan said:

Not EVERYBODY balds at a very slow rate, of course. But many of us do take a lot of time to do that. I personally didn't even start balding until I was in my early to mid 40's.

I always had thick hair, no family history, so by 45 years old never thought it would happen to me. I did not loss any hair till around 46 years old, and with no warning, bang! Started losing at the crown freaking overnight! Sometimes follicles get hit with large amounts of DHT or just reach a saturation point and die fast and die hard in large amounts!

But I halted it with finasteride, and Nizroal. I feel I would not of lost any if I would have known to jump on finasteride immediately or spotted the warning signs or monitored my test and DHT levels.

To bad, it should be a guys 101 thing to keep an eye out for it, just like prostate cancer or something, but it just was not on my radar. My dermatologists physician assistant even ignored the male pattern baldness signs, treated me a year for scalp psoriasis and Actinic keratoses! What a waste.

Now if I could only grow what I have lost.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ThinFineCurly said:
B.S.

Men's Health is sells snake oil.

If Men's Health really tried to claim that hair loss was a "symptom of low androgens", then I wouldn't trust ONE WORD of anything else they say. What a bunch of stupid hacks.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
simple, the article doesn't cover the fact that castration prevents hair loss

this reminds me of this website something like "god hates globes" where someone tried to scientifically prove the earth is flat :innocent:

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Free testosterone makes up only 2% of the total testosterone in men and less in women. Low levels of free testosterone in men increases body fat, reduces sex drive, worsens depression, and can cause erectile dysfunction. This becomes a vicious cycle because depressed men have poor self-esteem, become stressed, eat more, gain more weight and decrease their initiation of sex with their partner.

it's funny that men on finasteride have MORE free testosterone and a reduced sex drive

:laugh: :laugh:

he ideal solution in controlling estrogen dominance is to metabolize estrogen levels with natural phytochemical herbs from vegetable extracts.
that does it

snake-oil1.jpg

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Scalp hair follicles can become more and more sensitive to androgens over a period of time (years). They don't simply change from being relatively insensitive to androgens (like they are, prior to puberty) to being fully sensitive to androgen the day that puberty hits. It's a gradual process of becoming more and more sensitive to androgens. The very slowly declining average levels of androgens in aging men by itself isn't sufficient to stop the balding process.

So your suggesting that as androgens decrease and estrogens increase, hair begins to become more sensitive to androgens? How does that make any sense? Why would your hair become more sensitive to androgens, when you have less androgens? Also, if androgens make the prostate enlarge, why does the prostate enlarge as androgens, once again, begin to plummet?

It seems to me that as androgens decrease, the hair (and prostate) become more sensitive to estrogens, that is the only thing that makes sense.

Obviously Bryan's explanation makes absolutely no sense what so ever! But I can understand why he would pull something so foul out of his arse; it's to protect the billions of dollars in profits the drug companies make...the same companies that rely on him to spread disinformation and keep people confused and buying their products. Nice try Bryan, but I (and others) can see right through ya.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
misterE said:
So your suggesting that as androgens decrease and estrogens increase, hair begins to become more sensitive to androgens?

Yes. Although it doesn't just happen as androgens decrease, it almost certainly begins to happen as they start to increase, around the time of puberty.

misterE said:
How does that make any sense? Why would your hair become more sensitive to androgens, when you have less androgens?

Do you really expect me to be able to explain to you why hair follicles (or any other structure in the body, for that matter) have the response that they have to androgens? Why do dogs bark? Why do cats chase mice? Why do birds go tweet-tweet-tweet while sitting in trees? It's a matter of genetics, my friend, and I can't explain every single aspect of living organisms to you.

misterE said:
Also, if androgens make the prostate enlarge, why does the prostate enlarge as androgens, once again, begin to plummet?

I don't really understand your question. There are MANY factors controlling the growth of the prostate. Again, I can't explain the entire human genetic structure to you, and why prostates act the way they do over a lifetime.

misterE said:
It seems to me that as androgens decrease, the hair (and prostate) become more sensitive to estrogens, that is the only thing that makes sense.

You're not one to speak about what "makes sense". You're clueless.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
elan164 said:
I tend to agree with misterE

So you just had to go and encourage him, huh? :smack:
Oh well...I guess he's good for some comic relief occasionally.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Bryan said:
misterE said:
So your suggesting that as androgens decrease and estrogens increase, hair begins to become more sensitive to androgens?

Yes. Although it doesn't just happen as androgens decrease, it almost certainly begins to happen as they start to increase, around the time of puberty.

misterE said:
How does that make any sense? Why would your hair become more sensitive to androgens, when you have less androgens?

Do you really expect me to be able to explain to you why hair follicles (or any other structure in the body, for that matter) have the response that they have to androgens? Why do dogs bark? Why do cats chase mice? Why do birds go tweet-tweet-tweet while sitting in trees? It's a matter of genetics, my friend, and I can't explain every single aspect of living organisms to you.

misterE said:
Also, if androgens make the prostate enlarge, why does the prostate enlarge as androgens, once again, begin to plummet?

I don't really understand your question. There are MANY factors controlling the growth of the prostate. Again, I can't explain the entire human genetic structure to you, and why prostates act the way they do over a lifetime.

misterE said:

You're not one to speak about what "makes sense". You're clueless.

Here we go again. Nice try. You aren’t going to mislead me Bryan. Anyone who thinks that androgens are bad for men, well...deserves to go bald. Bryan failed to answer my questions with logical reasoning. Obviously balding doesn’t occur around puberty, it usually occurs around age 30, when androgens begin to plummet (thou I believe this phenomenon is happening sooner and sooner with each new generation). It doesn’t make sense to think androgens causes hair loss and prostate enlargement, if that was so, then every teenage boy would be bald and impotent. Come on folks, can’t y’all see Bryan’s motives, he’s misleading us into thinking that the hormones needed for proper sexual function, prostate health and hair growth are, in fact doing the opposite. If you take away androgens you are going to have less virility, muscles, and hair. Why would anyone take propecia, it doesn’t work, if it did, no one would be bald. Not to mention it can kill your sex drive and endurance. Androgens are mans friend, just like estrogens are a woman’s friend. Estrogens are mans adversary just like androgens are woman’s adversary.