If you could have cancelled this life before it even started..

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
why can't i just have the guts to walk right up to the tracks and......

The only reason I haven't offed myself is because I believe in a cure. I'm willing to trade another 10 years of hell for 20 good years.

This sh1t just isn't fair for anyone, especially at a young age.

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
The only reason I haven't offed myself is because I believe in a cure. I'm willing to trade another 10 years of hell for 20 good years.

This sh1t just isn't fair for anyone, especially at a young age.
The cure is that balding is evolution. I think as time goes on more and more humans will go bald. 1,000 years from now it may very well be the fashion and they will look back on the 80's horrified to see people with long hair on their heads. It would be the equivalent to long finger nails or long pubic hair. Who knows. Live!!!

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
I see you didn't bother to read the entire post...

excessive hair: can't be fixed, no girls likes it when a guy has hair growing on their hand for example.
length: Not bad but not great either, where I life people are long....

Both electrolysis and laser hair removal work for excessive hair. Waxing also works, but it grows back quickly on most men.
Length? As in what, meat for the pillowpants troll?

Siege

Reaction score
Don't despair! Women love a balding man. Look at Jude Law, Jason Statham, Prince William, Bruce Willis, David Beckham and the list goes on. Ask a woman, they will tell you.

Cheer up, you're WAY more than a cluster of dead cells on the top of your head.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
The cure is that balding is evolution. I think as time goes on more and more humans will go bald. 1,000 years from now it may very well be the fashion and they will look back on the 80's horrified to see people with long hair on their heads. It would be the equivalent to long finger nails or long pubic hair. Who knows. Live!!!

Balding is a death sentence. You're no longer living, you're simply existing.

What's the point of living when your identity is gone ? It's a lot like not being able to pick what clothes you get to wear or what car you drive.

There's nothing cool about being disfigured by bad genes. We NEED a cure, acceptance is NOT the answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't despair! Women love a balding man.

ffg_zps25d1f830.gif

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't despair! Women love a balding man.

LOL, what a load of bullsh!t.

Look at Jude Law, Jason Statham, Prince William, Bruce Willis, David Beckham and the list goes on. Ask a woman, they will tell you.

If I was anything like them, I'd be an actor too. Don't you think this comparison to one in a million men is pretty ridiculous? You think just cuz a guy shaves his head and 'embraces' baldness is immediately a Bruce Willis? What kind of shoddy logic is that

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I was thinking of how a "cure" would happen. I think a more likely scenario is that we will have lifelike android companions to satisfy our sexual needs. If there is a lifelike android smoking hot babe, who cares about baldness :woot:

Siege

Reaction score
If I was anything like them, I'd be an actor too. Don't you think this comparison to one in a million men is pretty ridiculous? You think just cuz a guy shaves his head and 'embraces' baldness is immediately a Bruce Willis? What kind of shoddy logic is that

I think that giving up on life or having such a low opinion of yourself because of something that affects most men is shoddy logic.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that giving up on life or having such a low opinion of yourself because of something that affects most men is shoddy logic.

Who said WE have a low opinion of ourselves? I've said this before;

Perhaps its not us that needs a cure for baldness but rather SOCIETY needing a cure from arrogance? You should know by now that its mostly privileged and condescending assholes that demoralize balding men.

Siege

Reaction score
Yep. I think Patrick Stewart said when asked about being bald and living in a futuristic society in Star Trek that people wouldn't care in the future. That would be pretty sweet. Personally I've never been maliciously harassed about my baldness, or if I have I laughed it off. I'm pretty sure what has been said to me has been in a kind of joking way "baldy headed B***ard" etc. :p

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep. I think Patrick Stewart said when asked about being bald and living in a futuristic society in Star Trek that people wouldn't care in the future. That would be pretty sweet. Personally I've never been maliciously harassed about my baldness, or if I have I laughed it off. I'm pretty sure what has been said to me has been in a kind of joking way "baldy headed B***ard" etc. :p

Not the case for many others on this forum. I've been attacked and insulted before online... teased by coworkers.

I hate people.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Don't despair! Women love a balding man. Look at Jude Law, Jason Statham, Prince William, Bruce Willis, David Beckham and the list goes on. Ask a woman, they will tell you.

What bald guys think they look like:

1267_zps91e5a4d8.jpg

What bald guys actually look like:

Bald-Guy-of-the-Week-2006_0026-300x295_zps30c68c78.jpg

You know women are lining up for that guy ^ :uglylol:

Jude
Law is estimated to be worth $30 million
Jason Statham has an estimated net worth of $30 million
Prince William has a net worth of $40 million
Bruce Willis has a net worth of $180 million
David Beckham has a net worth of $350 million

You get the idea..

Travalanche

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm slowly losing the battle with my hair loss, I'm like 11 months in with 1mg finasteride/daily (I've only missed like 3 days total) and I just looked in the mirror.... to my horror even though finasteride has delayed my hair loss to this point my temples have receded yet another half inch. I didn't notice this due to being a bit busy all week but it seems to have happened rather suddenly, in a 2/3 day period which scares the hell out of me...

If this keeps up I'm effing screwed by 27 or so. My head is a bit rectangular so I look like crap with a widows peak and my hairline looks sort of like a -v- shape... It's crazy because my hairline was actually looking really good until this point. I don't know what the reason is, I have been a bit depressed lately and haven't left the house in weeks unless I had too.

And yeah, I do date around once in a while and every time I get comments about my hairline and getting told "I think your losing your hair" from girls, friends, and family members and it pisses me off! Most of my uncles still have full heads of hair as well as all of my cousins save one.

It just makes me want to sell everything I have and spend it all on alcohol and become homeless in all honesty.

In some ways I regret shaving my head because when I had long hair I could cover it up when wearing a hat but the wind always screwed me over. My head shape is like with a larger forehead and more hair download77.jpg

Obviously none of the women I've been able to pick up are above 4/10 looking like that, I look sort of rapey. And even the 4/10 girls don't always call me back even if we had a good date and all of them comment on my hair.

I used to look like download88.jpg 2 years ago before my hair loss worsened and had a lot of luck with girls so clearly balding affects what people think of you negatively.

Well, I guess I have to come to terms with looking like a rapist and having an ugly wife in the future with kids that will probably inherit my hair loss and go through the same problems, I guess I could save money for a hair loss fund for them instead of a college fund so they don't try to kill themselves.

My dad certainly hasn't been supportive at all for me, he always talks crap and tells me that his hair looked way better than mine (and still does) and brags about the hot women he had and shows me pictures. My mom also comments regularly and feels sorry for me, she tries to hook me up constantly with girls but to no avail.

The only ones that ever call me back weigh 70+ more pounds than me or are unattractive (or both). Enough about dating...

I met another guy my age (24) at a chinese buffet who had similar hair loss to mine and his girlfriend was obese, I chatted with him while his gf was absent and told him how bad my lifes gotten since hair loss and he showed me pictures on his phone of him with attractive girls and he had decent hair in them.

I have gotten to the point where I've just given up really, I've stopped keeping up with friends, increased my drinking,almost quit eating, and just mope around the house all day. I've done nothing of note for a week now and have given up trying to find a job. If I could I'd just wither away somewhere, maybe even get lost in a foreign country and never find my way back.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm slowly losing the battle with my hair loss, I'm like 11 months in with 1mg finasteride/daily (I've only missed like 3 days total) and I just looked in the mirror.... to my horror even though finasteride has delayed my hair loss to this point my temples have receded yet another half inch. I didn't notice this due to being a bit busy all week but it seems to have happened rather suddenly, in a 2/3 day period which scares the hell out of me...

If this keeps up I'm effing screwed by 27 or so. My head is a bit rectangular so I look like crap with a widows peak and my hairline looks sort of like a -v- shape... It's crazy because my hairline was actually looking really good until this point. I don't know what the reason is, I have been a bit depressed lately and haven't left the house in weeks unless I had too.

And yeah, I do date around once in a while and every time I get comments about my hairline and getting told "I think your losing your hair" from girls, friends, and family members and it pisses me off! Most of my uncles still have full heads of hair as well as all of my cousins save one.

It just makes me want to sell everything I have and spend it all on alcohol and become homeless in all honesty.

In some ways I regret shaving my head because when I had long hair I could cover it up when wearing a hat but the wind always screwed me over. My head shape is like with a larger forehead and more hair View attachment 26188

Obviously none of the women I've been able to pick up are above 4/10 looking like that, I look sort of rapey. And even the 4/10 girls don't always call me back even if we had a good date and all of them comment on my hair.

I used to look like View attachment 26189 2 years ago before my hair loss worsened and had a lot of luck with girls so clearly balding affects what people think of you negatively.

Well, I guess I have to come to terms with looking like a rapist and having an ugly wife in the future with kids that will probably inherit my hair loss and go through the same problems, I guess I could save money for a hair loss fund for them instead of a college fund so they don't try to kill themselves.

My dad certainly hasn't been supportive at all for me, he always talks crap and tells me that his hair looked way better than mine (and still does) and brags about the hot women he had and shows me pictures. My mom also comments regularly and feels sorry for me, she tries to hook me up constantly with girls but to no avail.

The only ones that ever call me back weigh 70+ more pounds than me or are unattractive (or both). Enough about dating...

I met another guy my age (24) at a chinese buffet who had similar hair loss to mine and his girlfriend was obese, I chatted with him while his gf was absent and told him how bad my lifes gotten since hair loss and he showed me pictures on his phone of him with attractive girls and he had decent hair in them.

I have gotten to the point where I've just given up really, I've stopped keeping up with friends, increased my drinking,almost quit eating, and just mope around the house all day. I've done nothing of note for a week now and have given up trying to find a job. If I could I'd just wither away somewhere, maybe even get lost in a foreign country and never find my way back.

Travalanche what did you expect? That finasteride would regrow your hairline by itself? If you want any hope of hairline improvement from medications then you need to be taking minoxidil 1ml twice a day every day and Nizoral shampoo twice a week, as well as finasteride every day.

Drinking heavily, not keeping in touch with friends and most importantly giving up on getting any job is only going to make your hair loss situation feel ten times worse than it really is... Trust me, I've been there with the double combo of heavy hairloss and unemployment and it can make you feel delusional. Try to get a job, any job, just getting out of the house, doing something productive each day, earning any money and interacting with people will improve your self-esteem tenfold.

Also, why give up when all you have is aggressive hair loss at the front?? Get on the full package of meds, try and get a job and get saving for a hair transplant. I know you'll say, but hairtransplants are risky, expensive etc etc, but anything, I mean anything!... is better than being in this current cesspit of depression and rock bottom confidence. Your happiness and self esteem is the most important thing in life, without this we simply can't function properly as human beigns.

If your pictures are anything to go by it looks like you've gone from one extreme to the other. Your hair was probably too long originally and didn't do much to camouflage your hairloss, hence the comments from other people etc, but then you went and buzzed it completely when just a slightly shorter and neater cut to camouflage and disguise the front would have done the trick.

Just let your hair grow back for about 7 or 8 weeks and I'm sure you'll feel a lot more comfortable about yourself and have less anxiety in public. I have the same rectangular shaped head. You need short sides and back and longer hair on top and at the front if you want to get the very best out of the hair you have left.

Also stop beating yourself up about it! You should be giving yourself a pat on the back, at least you tried and experimented with the buzzed look and you know now for sure it doesn't work. There a many balding guys out there who just rock a massive combover/combforward style for years, living in denial, telling themselves they will it will all be fine and that they'll "just shave it all off" and then when it gets really bad, then when they reach nw5/6 and see how bad their head shape really looks without hair, they finally realise they're completely fvcked and it's too late! lol. Also, the next time some patronising woman, fullhead or bald black guy with a perfect headshape tells you to "just shave it all off!" you can now tell them to go get fvcked! lol

Good luck! Be positive and proactive and remember you can't take serious action against your hairloss without the money that comes from working a steady, reliable job.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Knowing what you know now and how things played out, would you have taken option # 2 and just skipped this life ?

If I would've known that this curse was waiting for me, and if I had the choice, I would have just skipped a life like this.

It's no way to live, I feel like a shell of my former self. My identity is gone and I feel like a walking ghost, invisible to society.

So if there was such thing as option # 2, would you have taken it ?

Without a shadow of a doubt, yes.

Some people might think that's cowardly but if I knew what hell I would be in for I would PAY to not having to deal with this BS.

Not only has my hair gone from so full to a few strands in just 2 years, I live day in and day out in excruciating scalp pain (not exaggerating). Some days it's bad enough for me to wanna bang my head against the wall. I have to place an ice pack on my head some days. The only relief but at the same time biggest fear is knowing when it's all gone, the pain will probably stop, but I don't think the DHT monster is full yet and is still eating hair like it's the 4th of July. He won't stop until there's no hair left.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Donewithit/evillocks, do you want me to open your old account. It would be preferable for that to happen rather than you using a new one. I told you it would be no problem for me to do that :)