If Propecia gets pulled off market, I'll pull a Virginia Beach

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Without Propecia I'll go bald. Do these people give a fvck? No. Forcing another person to go bald like this "patient advocacy group" wants to do is violence towards that person (Especially if that person's erection, as in my case, is excellent.):

"A patient advocacy group has filed a lawsuit seeking to pull Merck & Co's hair loss drug Propecia and its generic versions from the market, saying federal regulators had failed to act on evidence that it causes depression, erectile dysfunction and, in some cases, suicide."

From my cold dead hands

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They should do a background check on the people who are trying to sue, I bet most have a history of mental health issues before even taking finasteride.
Lol no. Most people sueing are just normal lads who had side effects on Finasteride like maybe 40 to 50% of the people on this forum alone.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride changed me. It took something from me and for a long time I didn't know what it was. I used to dream, I used to be able to enjoy the mountain trails, the feeling of the wind, the scent of the trees. People actually had things to say to me and I had things to say back. Yes, for a long time I thought I'd just become jaded. Not able to concentrate anymore, no care, no love, no interest.

But I vaguely remember when I went off it for a month. Yes, I remember that the peace I once felt returned to me. I felt the trees again and how they swayed with the wind. The small details of the transition from light to dark, I noticed the owls hooting. And the sharpness I once had returned to my mind, I'd read up my neuroscience book every free hour I had.

I remember now, I only started feeling like this the moment I started Finasteride. No longer have I ever bothered to hike a trail. Nevertheless it must be, because like other men I feel the dread of losing density when I get off it.

I agree. Finasteride is really dangerous for many people, including myself just like you.

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol no. Most people sueing are just normal lads who had side effects on Finasteride like maybe 40 to 50% of the people on this forum alone.

This forum is not really representative of people suffering from hair loss, millions of people take finasteride for hair loss and prostate and just get on with life. As for banning finasteride, won't happen thankfully.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This forum is not really representative of people suffering from hair loss, millions of people take finasteride for hair loss and prostate and just get on with life. As for banning finasteride, won't happen thankfully.

Lol this is the most false narrative ever in existence.

1) Finasteride is not a cure, it usually will at best make things worse before it gets better (in the occasional times it does work for people) but even when it works, people go through quite intense shedding at least, which happens several times. The sheds on Finasteride are intense to bring most men to some hairloss forum. Whether it be this forum which is one of the biggest, or others.

2) People need to stop pretending like Finasteride is some magic pill when as soon as you take it your hair gets completely better and you just go on about your day. Most people actually heard of Finasteride in the first place online, or from hairloss forums.

3) There have been studies showing people have persistent side effects from around 30% of users up until around 60% of users. There's a lot of new and independent studies been done fortunately.

4) Even verified doctors on Twitter have come out and tweeted to other verified doctors about how frequently their patients on Finasteride experience side effects which is quite often, so it's not just on hairloss forums but verified* medical doctors as well speaking up

5) If anywhere near 99% of people didn't get persistent side effects after stopping Finasteride there wouldn't be almost every new company in the hairloss pipeline mentioning the side effects of Finasteride. It's clearly a big problem otherwise:

A) There wouldn't be a need for other hairloss treatments

B) These new companies wouldn't mention their upcoming products not having the side effects of Finasteride as a key selling point.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

1) Finasteride is not a cure, it usually will at best make things worse before it gets better (in the occasional times it does work for people) but even when it works, people go through quite intense shedding at least, which happens several times. The sheds on Finasteride are intense to bring most men to some hairloss forum. Whether it be this forum which is one of the biggest, or others.

2) People need to stop pretending like Finasteride is some magic pill when as soon as you take it your hair gets completely better and you just go on about your day. Most people actually heard of Finasteride in the first place online, or from hairloss forums.

3) There have been studies showing people have persistent side effects from around 30% of users up until around 60% of users. There's a lot of new and independent studies been done fortunately.

4) Even verified doctors on Twitter have come out and tweeted to other verified doctors about how frequently their patients on Finasteride experience side effects which is quite often, so it's not just on hairloss forums but verified* medical doctors as well speaking up

5) If anywhere near 99% of people didn't get persistent side effects after stopping Finasteride there wouldn't be almost every new company in the hairloss pipeline mentioning the side effects of Finasteride. It's clearly a big problem otherwise:

B) These new companies wouldn't mention their upcoming products not having the side effects of Finasteride as a key selling point.
What lmao.

1) everyone knows its not a cure. You saying its not a cure and then going on with the thoughts in “2)” and “5)” completely contradict yourself.

2) contradicted yourself here from “1)”. Every user here knows finasteride is a maintenance drug and only rarely gives incredible results. Its perception and to not lose anymore hair which is exactly what it does, is appearance and self-esteem saving to a lot of people.

3)statistics mean nothing with proper modeling, data validation procedures and analysis. You throwing out unsourced percentages doesn’t come close to the reality of statistical analysis required.

4)i find most doctors who talk about their patients to not be good doctors. Again unsourced.

5)

A) the is need for other meds as you pointed out in “1)”… it’s not perfect cure.

B) nobody does. They’re too busy showing their products mediocre results.

We get it you’re anti-finasteride. You don’t have to take it. Good on you for trying. Shame on you for not moving on. People can take whatever they find fit, your judgment is obsolete.

royce gracie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Banning it seems stupid. People will start trading it illegally. Don't take it if you don't want to, simple as that.
Any dermatologist will tell you about possible long term side effects. There's really no legal justification for pulling it from the market. Much more dangerous drugs are prescribed everyday.

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

No-one said it's a cure. I didn't say it was a cure or magic pill. You need to grow up and stop making things up which nobody said. I've had hair transplants, around 1200 grafts. Without finasteride, I'd probably need a lot more.

So, because John and Jacob have side effects, everybody should suffer? Including those who have too much libido, like me? Do you think everybody should suffer because John and Jacob had side effects? Do you give a fvck about the 70% (?) who didn't have side effects?

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

At this point you are a clown, you have recommended people take RU an experimental drug that has nothing but anecdotal evidence with no trials or safety profile ,while simultaneously making ludicrous claims about the scale of damage finasteride has caused to suit a delusional narrative.

How can you recommend RU to people and trash an approved drug?

We are all aware of the risks and sides, they are written on the dam packet.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-08 at 11.25.10.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-08 at 11.25.10.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 87

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At this point you are a clown, you have recommended people take RU an experimental drug that has nothing but anecdotal evidence with no trials or safety profile ,while simultaneously making ludicrous claims about the scale of damage finasteride has caused to suit a delusional narrative.

How can you recommend RU to people and trash an approved drug?

We are all aware of the risks and sides, they are written on the dam packet.

At this point, you are a clown to think an FDA approved drug means anything.

Firstly I didn't say RU58841 was safe, just that it was an option, just like I also mentioned as a last resort Finasteride can also be an option, but all of these I mentioned as possible options provided the person experiences no side effects.

And I still stand by that Finasteride is dangerous as hell too.

Here's a piece from Harvard about FDA since you believe just because the Finasteride is FDA approved it means anything. And if the FDA is doing this kind of stuff, you really think the other smaller studies which paint Finasteride as mainly good and having minimal sides are accurate? LOL. :

"The bar for “safe” is equally low, and over the past 30 years, approved drugs have caused an epidemic of harmful side effects, even when properly prescribed. Every week, about 53,000 excess hospitalizations and about 2400 excess deaths occur in the United States among people taking properly prescribed drugs to be healthier.

Prescription drugs are the 4th leading cause of death.

This evidence indicates why we can no longer trust the FDA to carry out its historic mission to protect the public from harmful and ineffective drugs. Strong public demand that government “do something” about periodic drug disasters has played a central role in developing the FDA.2 Yet close, constant contact by companies with FDA staff and officials has contributed to vague, minimal criteria of what “safe” and “effective” mean."

Last edited:

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At this point, you are a clown to think an FDA approved drug means anything.

Firstly I didn't say RU58841 was safe, just that it was an option, just like I also mentioned as a last resort Finasteride can also be an option, but all of these I mentioned as possible options provided the person experiences no side effects.

And I still stand by that Finasteride is dangerous as hell too.

Here's a piece from Harvard about FDA since you believe just because the Finasteride is FDA approved it means anything. And if the FDA is doing this kind of stuff, you really think the other smaller studies which paint Finasteride as mainly good and having minimal sides are accurate? LOL. :

"The bar for “safe” is equally low, and over the past 30 years, approved drugs have caused an epidemic of harmful side effects, even when properly prescribed. Every week, about 53,000 excess hospitalizations and about 2400 excess deaths occur in the United States among people taking properly prescribed drugs to be healthier.

Prescription drugs are the 4th leading cause of death.

This evidence indicates why we can no longer trust the FDA to carry out its historic mission to protect the public from harmful and ineffective drugs. Strong public demand that government “do something” about periodic drug disasters has played a central role in developing the FDA.2 Yet close, constant contact by companies with FDA staff and officials has contributed to vague, minimal criteria of what “safe” and “effective” mean."
Right so RU is an option where finasteride is not? are you serious.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Without Propecia I'll go bald. Do these people give a fvck? No. Forcing another person to go bald like this "patient advocacy group" wants to do is violence towards that person (Especially if that person's erection, as in my case, is excellent.):

"A patient advocacy group has filed a lawsuit seeking to pull Merck & Co's hair loss drug Propecia and its generic versions from the market, saying federal regulators had failed to act on evidence that it causes depression, erectile dysfunction and, in some cases, suicide."

From my cold dead hands
You know you could just use proscar 5mg instead right?

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you even read? Literally read the second paragraph I typed.
no need to read anything you say as you are waffling on about irrelevant drugs while recommending (stop trying to dress it up) experimental drugs with no research over drugs with research. Good for you if you do not like the FDA we can pick at any institute or business if we wish to, the fact you think RU is an option and finasteride is straight up poison removes any credibility you may have had.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no need to read anything you say as you are waffling on about irrelevant drugs while recommending (stop trying to dress it up) experimental drugs with no research over drugs with research. Good for you if you do not like the FDA we can pick at any institute or business if we wish to, the fact you think RU is an option and finasteride is straight up poison removes any credibility you may have had.

Actually, you can't pick any business or institute because there are many many studies which prove how bad Finasteride is.

Also, since you can't read and comprehend simple sentences and consider it dressing it up, that already removes your credibility, I literally said both Finasteride and RU58841 essentially can be options provided the user doesn't get side effects, however, many people get side effects on Finasteride far more than just 30% and so yes i don't deem it safe to be on the market.

However, I was saying that if one is going to try Finasteride they might as well try RU58841 since it's similar.

I did not say that RU58841 is safe.

If you read the context of the message you screenshoted, the OP I replied to said he didn't have other options, so I explained what the options are in the hairloss industry since he seemed to not be worried about the potential side effects as he himself mentioned.

NOTE: If the OP asked me which treatments are available options that DON'T have such bad side effects similar to Finasteride, I would have obviously left out mentioning RU58841

Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No-one said it's a cure. I didn't say it was a cure or magic pill. You need to grow up and stop making things up which nobody said. I've had hair transplants, around 1200 grafts. Without finasteride, I'd probably need a lot more.

So, because John and Jacob have side effects, everybody should suffer? Including those who have too much libido, like me? Do you think everybody should suffer because John and Jacob had side effects? Do you give a fvck about the 70% (?) who didn't have side effects?

Yes I do give a f*** about people who don't get side effects on Finasteride, hence they can use off-label, like Proscar 5mg (basically use it at your own risk off label).

What we are saying is, don't have an *FDA approved drug for hair loss on the market* which has the potential to cause so much damage to such a large % of users.

Also, the number of people who get side effects are alot more than 30% as multiple studies have shown.

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I do give a f*** about people who don't get side effects on Finasteride, hence they can use off-label, like Proscar 5mg (basically use it at your own risk off label).

What we are saying is, don't have an *FDA approved drug for hair loss on the market* which has the potential to cause so much damage to such a large % of users.

Also, the number of people who get side effects are alot more than 30% as multiple studies have shown.

If it was up to this "patient advocacy group", would the drug be accessible even off-label? (I have no clue of whether getting off-label prescriptions is easier or more complex in Europe where I live.) Just a caveat to anyone reading this: Keep your hands off my hair pills.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it was up to this "patient advocacy group", would the drug be accessible even off-label? (I have no clue of whether getting off-label prescriptions is easier or more complex in Europe where I live.) Just a caveat to anyone reading this: Keep your hands off my hair pills.

Yes it probably will be allowed for Hairloss use off-label. Finasteride is also used for prostate treatment like in Proscar 5mg.

The aim of this group is to remove "Propecia" from the market or to be removed from having FDA approval as a hair loss treatment.

Also, I doubt that Propecia will be removed from the market, not because I don't believe the law suit against Propecia/Finasteride (I do believe how bad the drug can be) , but because of the big money and thereby power for corruption that Big Pharma has to buy a win.

Although even if it is removed from the market, it could be obtained from some online pharmacies that don't require a prescription.

Last edited: