If I plan on doing maintenance on my own, do I still need to get the subsequent new hair systems cut every 3-6 months at a salon?

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I will get my first system cut at a salon, but I am curious if it is possible to cut systems after that myself after a while. I am just nervous about messing up cutting one but I am not sure how to gather the experience for that. Or should one get it cut at a salon every time?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will get my first system cut at a salon, but I am curious if it is possible to cut systems after that myself after a while. I am just nervous about messing up cutting one but I am not sure how to gather the experience for that. Or should one get it cut at a salon every time?
You only cut a system once... The maintenance is on your growing hair.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know that. I am referring to the systems purchased after that once the previous hair system is not usable anymore.
You can do it yourself (creating a template is quite easy), but I just have a salon do it. I’m lazy lol. However, if money is tight, there are lots of tutorials. You can then just have a stylist cut the hair, once it’s attached (it’ll run you maybe $50, if you tip well).

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s not what he was asking lol.
Seems that way. You perceived it as asking, forum members, if he has functioning hands, scissors...and permission?

No, it's absolutely impossible .. you are not allowed to touch the system with a cutting device! If you do you'll be struck down by lightning! Seriously?

Ask a stupid question, and receive stupid answer.

I've posted 2 "how to make a templet videos" on this form, within the last couple days.

Quite obviously, my statement was meant as a rhetorical "duh".
I'll give you a moment to look that up:)

Last edited:

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Seems that way. You perceived it as asking, forum members, if he has functioning hands, scissors...and permission?

No, it's absolutely impossible .. you are not allowed to touch the system with a cutting device! If you do you'll be struck down by lightning! Seriously?

Ask a stupid question, and receive stupid answer.

I've posted 2 "how to make a templet videos" on this form, within the last couple days.

Quite obviously, my statement was meant as a rhetorical "duh".
I'll give you a moment to look that up:)
You sound like you have low self esteem issues. You clearly made an obvious mistake, man up and own it.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
You sound like you have low self esteem issues. You clearly made an obvious mistake, man up and own it.
I'm on here helping, many people, almost daily. Be direct and clear with your questions. Do a little leg work of your own, and read the forum before you ask stupid questions.... Especially when you're asking strangers what your personal capabilities are.

There's a wealth of information on this form. I Will bend over backwards to help most anyone, but I take issue with lazyness.

It's your hair system, your wishes, put a little work into it. It's probably been stated on this forum nearly a 100 times, about templates. Twice by me in the last week, alone!

If you're too lazy to use the search function on a forum, that's been around for over a decade... I cringe at the thought of how your system will appear. Maybe this is not the right Avenue for you to take, regarding your hair loss. It takes work and dedication..... Laziness will get you terrible results.

Let's not forget your post stated " if I plan to do maintenance on my system, do I still need to get the new systems cut?"

Cutting the base is never maintenance, cutting your own hair is.

Please, tell me again about owning up, and making a mistake.

Last edited:

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm on here helping, many people, almost daily. Be direct and clear with your questions. Do a little leg work of your own, and read the forum before you ask stupid questions.... Especially when you're asking strangers what your personal capabilities are....

Rather than take accountability for your ridiculous question, you wish to assign the blame to me. What a knucklehead.

I made a mistake by you asking if you are able to cut your hair system? Clearly I'm not owning up to something....

There's a wealth of information on this form. I Will bend over backwards to help most anyone, but I take issue with lazyness.

It's your hair system, your wishes, put a little work into it. It's probably been stated on this form nearly a 100 times, about templates. Twice by me in the last week, qlone!
If you're too lazy to use the search function on a forum, that's been around for over a decade... I cringe at the thought of how your system will appear. Maybe this is not the right Avenue for you to take, regarding your hair loss. It takes work and dedication..... Laziness will get you terrible results.

Let's not forget your post stated if I plan to do maintenance on my system, do I still need to get the mew systems cut?

Cutting the base is never maintenance, cutting your own hair is.

Please, tell me again about owning up and making a mistake.
That's great, and you made a mistake and obviously misunderstood my question. Instead of owning up to it you deflected and talked down about how asinine the question is. The fact that you have had to write essay after essay on the subject while demeaning only makes your insecurity on your mistake more obvious.

You also need reading comprehension. I said if I generally do my own maintenance, should I still require to cut the system at a salon. You clearly still do not understand, and further proves you made a mistake initially. Sheesh. Talk about taking accountability.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's great, and you made a mistake and obviously misunderstood my question. Instead of owning up to it you deflected and talked down about how asinine the question is. The fact that you have had to write essay after essay on the subject while demeaning only makes your insecurity on your mistake more obvious.

You also need reading comprehension. I said if I generally do my own maintenance, should I still require to cut the system at a salon. You clearly still do not understand, and further proves you made a mistake initially. Sheesh. Talk about taking accountability.
Not at all what you said.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211222-181941_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211222-181941_Chrome.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 47

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not at all what you said.
You can call it an essay I call it thorough. I speak whatever I have on my mind. If you have a problem with it, perhaps don't provoke a response with your ignorant statements.

"If I do my own maintenance do I Still need to get the subsequent new system cut at a salon... every 3 to 6 months. "

You don't get the base cut because an amount of time has passed... You have your own hair cut based on time, which equates to growth....you get a new system cut to fit your balding area. The new base wouldn't be maintenance because it's new.... of course a new base would have to be cut..... If you're asking if you have the power to decide who cuts it and where? No you're not allowed! Seriously?

Again, tell me how I'm struggling with comprehension. Simpleton

Last edited:

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can call it an essay I call it thorough. I speak whatever I have on my mind. If you have a problem with it, perhaps don't provoke a response with your ignorant statements.

"If I do my own maintenance do I Still need to get the subsequent new system cut at a salon... every 3 to 6 months. "

You don't get the base cut because if an amount of time... You have your own haircut based on time and growth....you get a new system cut to fit your balding area. The new base wouldn't be maintenance because it's new.... of course The base would have to be cut. The base would have to be cut.

Again, tell me how I'm struggling with comprehension. Simpleton
What is it like to be so ignorant and stupid while condescending and snarky? It is an amazing combo.

You need 5th grade reading comprehension skills I see, cause you don't understand what the words subsequent means, or how that refers to the idea that people who maintain their look with removing the system, cleaning, and reapplying might still want to cut subsequent (look this up, you'll need to) hair systems to yield best results even though they might maintain otherwise.

I have never seen someone who uptight and snarky while being so low IQ. My goodness

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is it like to be so ignorant and stupid while condescending and snarky? It is an amazing combo.

You need 5th grade reading comprehension skills I see, cause you don't understand what the words subsequent means, or how that refers to the idea that people who maintain their look with removing the system, cleaning, and reapplying might still want to cut subsequent (look this up, you'll need to) hair systems to yield best results even though they might maintain otherwise.

I have never seen someone who uptight and snarky while being so low IQ. My goodness
Actually I'm a member of Mensa, anything else you care to guess incorrectly?

I'm aware of the word subsequent. You specifically stated "subsequent new system" meaning the up-and-coming -new system, when it's time to replace. Then you ask if you need to have it's base cut, at the salon. No, it's going miraculously cut itself....and you have no say in who cuts it!
Really?

When would a new system not need the base cut? And in the same sentence, you use the word maintenance. What does maintenance have to do with fitting a new system, by cutting the base?

I need what "cause" I don't understand?... Do you mean "because"? Two different words, with two different definitions. Also, snarky is indirect. I'm the most direct person you'll ever converse with. My directness is what's made you assume a victim posture... hurling made up personal attacks. I've used words in the dictionary, that define you appropriately.

You can't guess right on your best day, can you?

Again, tell me about 5th grade education and reading comprehension..
Simpleton

Last edited:

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Actually I'm a member of Mensa, anything else you care to guess incorrectly?

I'm aware of the word subsequent. You specifically stated subsequent new system meaning the up-and-coming new system, when it's time to replace. Then you ask if you need to have it's base cut, at the salon. No, it's going miraculously cut itself....and you have no say in who cuts it! Brilliant!

I need what "cause" I don't understand?... Do you mean "because"? Two different words, with two different definitions. Also, snarky is indirect. I'm the most direct person you'll ever converse with. My directness is what's made you assume a victim posture... guessing at made up personal attacks. I've used words in the dictionary, that define you appropriately.

You can't guess right on your best day, can you?

Again, tell me about 5th grade education and reading comprehension..
Simpleton

Who in Mensa can't understand 5th grade level reading comprehension? LMAO

Is this a troll? How embarrassing.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who in Mensa can't understand 5th grade level reading comprehension? LMAO

Is this a troll? How embarrassing.
How many times do I have to point out your deficiency?

"Subsequent new system" would be a newly purchased system.

You ask if it needs to be cut by the salon.

When would a new system not need to be cut?

Is it possible to do yourself? You're asking strangers what your capabilities are?
Makes sense.

What makes you think you have no option other than the salon? You have no control regarding how your property is handled?

In the exact same sentence you state doing your own maintenance and 3-6 months. What does maintenance have to do with cutting a brand new system to fit a template?

The only maintenance you would do, based on time ....with a "subsequent to new system" would be a haircut of your own hair.

Why would you cut a template based on time?

Very direct questions.

Answer them, and point out what I'm missing. Those are your words

Explain that comprehension level to me. 5th grade? I think the difference between "cause" and "because" was taught in 2nd

Last edited:

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How many times do I have to point out your deficiency. Subsequent new system would be a newly purchased system. You ask if it needs to be cut by the salon. When would a new system not need to be cut? What makes you think you have no option other than the salon. You have no saying how your property is handled. And in the exact same sentence you state doing your own maintenance. What does maintenance have to do with cutting a brand new system to fit a template?

Explain that comprehension level to me. 5th grade? I think "because" was taught in 2nd

For a guy who is supposedly in Mensa you sure do edit your posts 5 times over and over a lot. You sure you're not foaming at the mouth typing this?

The fact that a guy who lies about being in Mensa while not understanding the simple concept that a guy who wants to maintain his systems but still might want to do a cut in professionally is baffling. And you're the pro around here? LMAO

A guy who is not in Mensa completely understood what I said the first time around and politely corrected you on it. Why was he able to understand it and not you?

Hair systems cover the head from baldness, is there a system to a hide this guy's face from embarrassment? How pathetic.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
For a guy who is supposedly in Mensa you sure do edit your posts 5 times over and over a lot. You sure you're not foaming at the mouth typing this?

The fact that a guy who lies about being in Mensa while not understanding the simple concept that a guy who wants to maintain his systems but still might want to do a cut in professionally is baffling. And you're the pro around here? LMAO

A guy who is not in Mensa completely understood what I said the first time around and politely corrected you on it. Why was he able to understand it and not you?

Hair systems cover the head from baldness, is there a system to a hide this guy's face from embarrassment? How pathetic.
I like that you have all kinds of time to hurl made up personal attacks. I'm an idiot with a first great education.....ok:)

I absolutely edited my reply, I strive for perfection. You would have avoided being shown as the simpleton you are, had you edited your ridiculous post....

You're labeling me a pro. I simply give common sense factual information.

Answer my direct questions, so a first grader can understand.

Show me how your post makes any logical sense.

1: When would a new base not have to be cut?

2: What does maintenance have to do with cutting a brand new base?

3: Why would you ever cut a base based on time?

4: Why are you asking strangers what your capabilities are?

Last edited:

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I like that you have all kinds of time to hurl made up personal attacks. I'm an idiot with a first great education.....ok:)

Answer my direct questions, for a first grader.

Show me how your post makes any logical sense.

It makes complete logical sense, a guy who isn't even in Mensa got it the first time around and corrected you on it. Why did he understand it? Why did the Mensa of Baldness not?

Also what's a first great education? Your Mensa is showing.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
It makes complete logical sense, a guy who isn't even in Mensa got it the first time around and corrected you on it. Why did he understand it? Why did the Mensa of Baldness not?

Also what's a first great education? Your Mensa is showing.
That's called a typographical error. You commented on my editing... If I catch a typo I correct it. Now you comment when I don't?

Guess I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't. You're a Simpleton

He's never been accused of being bright...I'd reserve using him as affirmation... I recently fed him his "captain obvious" comment, when he stepped up to be a fool.

Why are you unwilling to answer the questions?

Last edited: