I'd rather have a thick, defined norwood 2-3 then a norwood 1...am I crazy?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
my dream hair

tumblr_inline_nt7jwdf0yg1t33m3b_500.gif

Kills me when people go "your brother looks a bit like Dean from supernatural" or "your brother looks like Nathan Drake" just cause the shared hairline.
Yes Im jealous!

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
dean is the rugged hunk to ram it in your *** when your feeling down and dirty

sam is the pretty boy to pick you up after

Dazzel

Established Member
Reaction score
How about professional footballer Oliver Norwood, I think he has perfect Norwood 1 hair. His hairline isn't too high or too low, not quite as low as Steven Gerrard's hairline.

Here's a picture of Oliver Norwood below:

oliver-norwood-090810016.jpg

Here's a picture of Oliver Norwood below playing football:

Norwood_2748642.jpg

Here's another picture below of Oliver Norwood, with the front of his hairline shaved off a little bit to give the look of having a 'mature' hairline:

norwood4by3154-1851481_478x359.jpg

--------

Genetics truly is something so interesting. Some are destined to lose hair, some aren't. Hair loss is one of those things which taught me that nothing is ever guaranteed in life.
Top picture's look better the last one doesn't look natural and it goes to show how much older you look with a receding hairline. the first pic he looks his age the last pic he looks at least early 30's. Also how do you know he shaved it to look more mature ?

- - - Updated - - -

Only works when your native hairline is low and in balance with the rest of your face.

Prominent forehead with even the smallest recession will start to throw your aesthetics ot the door.

Another important factor is havig temple points if you plan on gracefully receding without looking like a fool.

Temple points + hairline placement are the deciding factors on pulling off a nw2-3
Also thick temple points and sideburns too. If the hairline, sideburns and temple points are all thick and the same density as the back then a tiny little bit off recession is nothing. (Zyan Malik from 1D) Once those area's mentioned thin out even with a slight recession it wouldn't look to good anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

give me thick as a brick NW1 any day
Too bad, it's only a dream now.

- - - Updated - - -

NW1 is almost always better imo. The only times when that isn't the case is when you have an extremely low hairline.
True, You are very limited with hairstyles once you recede, I used to be able to part my hair to the side and it would look normal now when i do it, It looks silly as the hair is missing and my temples go slanted at an angle instead of vertical like they used to at 15

username425

Reaction score
I don't know what it is about the non-US actors, but in my opinion three have rocked receding/balding looks better than any guy with a full amount of hair.

1. Jude Law - obviously a lot cited - but if you can keep that strip in the middle, even if transplant, and dress/exert confidence like him, you will be fine.
2. Heath Ledger - in his last interview he gave, he makes a comment about how he has no hair and that it was falling out. He had a terrible hairline, and you wouldn't notice it if you weren't losing hair.
3. Henry Cavill - strong NW3 in the new batman v. superman film coming out.

blackg

Reaction score
NW2 is fine. Look at Johnny Depp, he's an amazing NW2. I'll agree that forehead size is massive. I got back to NW2 with decent desnity, though not thick (or NW2 class at least), but with a big forehead it doesn't quite look right. Shape is also very important. If your forehead tapers inwards past your eyebrows then it's good. If it actually gets wider (heart shaped head) it looks pretty ****. Nothing wrong with NW2, but head shape and hairline work in tandem, it's why some dudes look good bald and some don't. Head shape determines hairstyles you can pull off, and what hairlines look good/bad.
So true. Forehead shape is the determining factor on whether you can look acceptable with a receding hairline.
Or even bald.

Most people WITH hair, the "just shave it brah" advisors, completely fail to understand this fact.