I'd like to see some proof that "a gene gets turned on"

Jacob

Reaction score
He goes running for cover..starts his own forum...when he has disagreements with those like me. Some actually think he left another forum because of me and used that as an excuse to start his own(after I predicted it). Funny! There's also a reason why we've never seen him here..or the various other places. Would you like more information? PM me. If not..please stop pretending he's...well nevermind...if he makes you smile, I think you 2 are even closer than I thought :shock:

You are the one constantly bringing it up here..that's why it's you we're trying "to reach constructive conclusions with"...etc. It doesn't seem to matter what we post here though..nothing else interests you except what is coming from there. Well..lot's of it started elsewhere..you know what I mean. Maybe next you'll get excited about Lactobacillus paracasei.

My current regimen, for example, is clearly not the IH regimen, and neither is many people's who discuss things on there

But why not? It's all been sorted out for everybody..it'll work! But I guess that is a good excuse for those threads. Those threads Hoppi..those threads...

BTW..I don't think you're doing him a favor by keeping this up. But I personally don't mind :whistle:

Hoppi

Reaction score
It has been so great hearing about other solutions to my hair loss though. I mean I am still pretty confident my hairline is creeping forward and resuming normal service again! lol

It's still early to tell, but there are a lot of little hairs and my friends agree it's coming forward! :)

I mean I have a good thick head of hair anyway, but it had just thinned through a bit and receded just a tad, and I have just been working very, very hard to save a perfect hairline again before it's too late (yes I am THAT vain... xD).

For the record I also am not convinced there is such thing as a "mature" hairline. It's just a less aggressive form of male pattern baldness, surely, and can be treated as such if the person wishes.

Also of course, all the changes I am making are wonderful for my health and are really things I should have done a long time ago. I'm going to keep going down this track of lowering cortisol, insulin, inflammation, and maintaining healthy, strong but balanced testosterone levels and controlled/low estrogen levels, and see if my hairline continues to resume :)

But see, people like Brian look at the whole person. They think "Ok, what could be CAUSING the body to do this?"

And yes, sometimes it's just very, very sensitive hair follicles. But sometimes it's an allergic reaction, sometimes it's lifestyle, sometimes it's diet, and these are all things that people just forget and start throwing finasteride at you ._.

Don't get me wrong, finasteride is an outstanding drug IMO and way overdue, but that doesn't mean I think it's appropriate for everyone. If you CAN distinguish an underlying cause for your hair loss such as hormonal imbalance, inflammation etc, then I think that is by far the best way to correct the problem, and the effects will be experienced throughout your person!

And if/when my hairline resumes entirely, I will completely have my proof! :)

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Jacob, this debate with Hoppi reminds me of the good old days with Jacob vs Sandman........................................... :whistle:

The difference is Hoppi is always :) so its like you are debating with one of the Disney characters like Happy........................... :whistle:

By the way, Hoppi, I like your other avatar better. Its more YOU. The look on your face is priceless. :shock: You definitely like to pontificate as much as CCS. I think its just a matter of time and you will surpass the number of post of our infamous CCS. I hope he reads this so he can come back and protect his crown. Long live CCS........................... :whistle:

Hoppi

Reaction score
man I just NEED to find out more about this guy! lol

I'm gonna search for him!

And yes now I am considering changing avatar again, hehe, although there are other maybes!

Jacob

Reaction score
DoctorHouse..what part reminds you of that..him not responding to questions and points being made...or zealously defending something that can't be defended and/or proven? :woot:

I think Sandman actually quit using the certain product we "argued" about..and I know he too posted- where's the evidence? On EC etc. In fact there's quite a long thread at Regrowth on EC and those not seeing results etc. I just do not understand why a supplement/combo is even being considered with it and the other things. For general health..sure. For hair- :dunno:

And Hoppi..besides those threads...those threads..I now see a "Regressing" thread- with more similar stories than in "those 2 threads" combined. I realize everyone makes their own decisions and should know enough to do some research etc..but to not get into topicals(especially with those with such testimonials)..is well.. . :shock:

I seem to have heard of Lypo-Spheric Vit C and Glut before too..hmmmm...where was that. I'm sure the transdermal Glut will be next(no nasty taste issues). Not sure why it's now Lypo when before it was OSR#1 btw. Lypo was discussed years ago.

Hoppi

Reaction score
It is very complicated, and yes it is true that the IH reg doesn't work for everyone but then I never really implied that it did. I was saying that the idea of reducing inflammation and non-DHT triggers of hair loss might be a very intelligent one, and explain further why it seems that things like stress, bad diet, etc, all do seem to make hair loss worse.

If I had complete, total confidence in the IH regimen to work for everyone, I would be on it.

The reason I've decided to make my own regimens is because I want to put together a solution unique to ME, based on my own triggers and my own situation (and also my own budget! :) )

Jacob

Reaction score
Well you did make sense there :bravo:

Some of those non-dht triggers..btw...would best be addressed topically, imo.