IBM's Story - (NW3.5 -Big 3+Oral spironolactone, pics added Aug 2008)

IBM

Reaction score
Hi,

I think my hair regrew somehow and i'm NW3 again. My family said that i've a lot more of hair and their are amazed. If i shower with Nizoral (that thick hair) then my only problem is temples.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Details, IBM. How much growth? Where? Vellus or terminal?

I do hope you get it all back.

IBM

Reaction score
tchehov said:
Details, IBM. How much growth? Where? Vellus or terminal?

I do hope you get it all back.

My temples are smaller and that's for sure. I dont have any bald spot (my hairloss is diffused) so i think i gain density on top. My hair is thick and when i shower with nizoral i can wear brit pop hairstyle (comb forward on hairline with gentle left hairstyle on top).

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
IBM that is great to hear. Have you started applying minoxidil twice a day?

G

Yeah, start applying minoxidil twice a day. You know one time = maintenance
two times = regrowth

cacciato

Reaction score
Nice, your temples sound nearly identical to mine (left more receded, a scattering of smaller hairs popping up more than on the less receded right).

I am doing minoxidil twice a day and 1.25(well .9 through 1.1 with the amount I lose in splitting) fincar

Do you think it seems like your temples are going to fill?

G

same as mine although im just on dutasteride with no minoxidil. my right temple is worse and now i notice a ton of little blonde hairs on the sides of it.

good luck ibm

IBM

Reaction score
I'm using once a day.

As for secondary effects my libido is really low but i've no breasts.

Also is growing hair on sides and above eyebrows like some users have showed.

IBM

Reaction score
This week my hair became very week and i shed a lot. I think that's because i pass throught major stress with the work. Things are not going in the right track.

I wasnt in home so i ate a lot of fast food and my hair produced a lot of sebum. The result of it is wounds in my scalp.

I'll make a diet of tomato, lettuce and lemon and avoid fat foods like patatos. I'll avoid eating sweet fruit. Maybe some apples.

For fruit not very sweet what do you recomend?

Garm1

Reaction score
IBM said:
I'll avoid eating sweet fruit. Maybe some apples.

Why possibly avoiding sweet fruits? I don't see anything bad with fructose,
it's much better than suchroze (common sugar)
plus we are telling all the time to go on a diet full of fruit and vegetables

IBM

Reaction score
Garm1 said:
IBM said:
I'll avoid eating sweet fruit. Maybe some apples.

Why possibly avoiding sweet fruits? I don't see anything bad with fructose,
it's much better than suchroze (common sugar)
plus we are telling all the time to go on a diet full of fruit and vegetables

I'm sick of sweet things.

Garm1

Reaction score
I think fructose is useful since your body
converts it to glucose which is very good for the brain.

IBM

Reaction score
I made up my mind. I decided to take 50 mg of spironolactone everyday with finasteride.
Next time i'll order finasteride+spironolactone.

IBM

Reaction score
I consider myself NW3 again. I watched my hairline in bathroom's mirror with daylight. There's tiny hairs on my temples growing. They were much smaller one month ago.
Now my eyebrows and lower temples are together by thin long hair. Strange but i've seen that on some HairLossTalk.com users.

A lot of people that deal with me tells that i've much more hair.

Finasteride really works and i'm happy.

As for side effects: my libido and my strength is much lower. And I'm always tired and very sleepy. My diet is much different than some months ago. I'm eating more meat, potatos and sugar (coca-cola, cakes, etc...).

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello, IBM

Good to hear you've had some success and that you're HAPPY. Never thought I'd hear you use that word in context.

I think finasteride can make you tired, screwing around with your hormones like it does, but I can't see it turning you on to junkfood. Get back to the fresh fruit and veg, you know you like it.

I'm undergoing a sort of superficial shed at the moment, but I'm on finasteride for two months now and I'm getting real results with it and with the minoxidil foam. In fact, if it goes on like this I'll be NW2 in a couple of months. Woohoo.

Good luck.

IBM

Reaction score
tchehov said:
I think finasteride can make you tired, screwing around with your hormones like it does, but I can't see it turning you on to junkfood. Get back to the fresh fruit and veg, you know you like it.

I've been off home around two months so i ate a lot on restaurants.

IBM

Reaction score
Hey...

I've been very sick... Very tired and with a cold. I cant focus... i cant think... But there are some good news in the middle of it.

My hair is good. I regaine an hairstyle that i like. I've no baldspot, my hair is more thick and only on my temples are receded though quite less than 4 months ago. Finasteride is a miracle i think. One more month and i'll started spironolactone but i've to order it first.... I'll ask Socks what brand he use.

I consider myself as NW2.5.

Though i've this problem of flaking skin. I started Alphacade shampoo it have cedar oil and juniper. It is for severe flaking. I'll use for two weeks mixed Nizoral with once per week.

It's not severe but lately some flaking and itch appeared on temples.

Today i feel happy (though sick) so i give to all of you this present: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo3cZDbMrLo

IBM

Reaction score
I've got Oral spironolactone... I'll study how i can take it. Maybe i'll take only 50 mg/day with finasteride.

IBM

Reaction score
5 months on finasteride. I'm happy with the results. Slowly its growing hair on temples and on top is lot more thick. I think no one can say that i'm bald. I consider myself as a NW2 though now i've got long and thick hair.
I'll let grow my hair a lot more.

I'll not start Oral spironolactone now. First i need to post some questions.

Oh i had a flaking skin attack and lost some hair on it. But it's now controlled.