I will be taking the Revivogen "New Formula" Challenge!

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting your pics Boomer01. I think you are the only other Revivogen person who has posted pics. :bravo: I think the amount of time you been on Revivogen is too early for results. Myself included. But you haven't lost any ground.

What I've noticed from when I have been using Revivogen in the past and present is that every other month I would get increased shedding and then the following month things would calm down. In some ways I am not too concerned about this. I just hope its just shedding to trigger a growth cycle.

I just think Revivogen is great for people who have experienced early stages of hairloss and want to keep what they have. When I started the "browny mess" Revivogen version back in late 2006-2008, I didn't really get any regrowth just great thickness and maintenance. Even now thats all I am looking for. Shame I stopped and kicking myself for getting greedy and thinking other things will work for me.

I can't be arsed to look try another treatment, especially at this early stage. So I am just gonna keep it going.

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you not think I have lost ground? To me it seem like I have and I think it's because I don't use as much minoxidil as I need/used to because of applying the Revivogen at nights.

Do you think I should:
a) switch to using Revivogen every other night and minoxidil the other night.
b) stop Revivogen and use a 15% minoxidil with DTH blocker like this: http://www.minoxidilmax.com/product_htm ... il-15.html

Does anyone think that the DTH blockers in the minoxidil would work similar to the ingredients in Revivogen as far as stopping hair loss?

terrapin12

Established Member
Reaction score
there aren't any dht blockers in minoxidil. but i would definitely use it 2x a day. i would say that has something to do with it.

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have uploaded some new photo's for you all to view. I decided to grow my hair longer to similar length of my initial baseline photo's for comparison.

I've been using Revivogen now for around the 6 month mark and I would appreciate if I could get some of you to take a look at my new photo's and compare to my baseline. I think having someone else's input will really tell me if I am losing ground.

New images can be found here: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/profiles/Th ... albums/497

Baseline Photo's: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/profiles/Th ... albums/408

The amount I shed everyday is consistent and I definitely wouldn't say Revivogen has completely stopped my shed. Even though I am shedding, I haven't really noticed a lack of volume. I only notice my shed in the mornings when I am drying my hair. When I "ruffle" my hair during the day I don't notice any.

Still got two boxes of Revivogen left...

Nex

Established Member
Reaction score
I just started on Revivogen, it quickly stopped my male pattern baldness itch just like propecia did. I responded very well to propecia saw regrowth in as little as 4 months. I will keep you posted on how I respond to revivogen, not hoping for any miracles just maintenance.

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
TheShopKeeper -

It looks like your hair is at least the same if not a little fuller. That would be a success with Revivogen since it is only intended to stop/slow down hair loss and maintain what you have. People think that if they don't regrow hair, then the product is a fraud. It works more like finasteride than minoxidil.

Keep it up!

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
Boomer01 said:
TheShopKeeper -

It looks like your hair is at least the same if not a little fuller. That would be a success with Revivogen since it is only intended to stop/slow down hair loss and maintain what you have. People think that if they don't regrow hair, then the product is a fraud. It works more like finasteride than minoxidil.

Keep it up!

Thanks for your input Boomer01. I was at one point thinking of dropping Revivogen. I personally think that the whole thing about getting reduced shedding is highly unlikely. Even before I started thinning, I always use to shed a lot. Like I said in my previous post, at least now my shedding is only when I wash my hair and I have hardly shed when applying topicals or when generally rubbing my head.

I will continue Revivogen and keep updating. In some cases I am quite concerned doing this since there hasn't been any fully documented success on any other forums. I guess I am only one of a few.

Are you still on Revivogen Boomer01? I see from your regiment that its not listed. Any update on your progress?

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
I actually stopped using it because I really want to focus on regrowth rather than stopping shedding. Once I get to a point I am happy with my hair, I will probably get back on it though.

I switched to a 15% minoxidil with DHT inhibitors and also use spironolactone cream. Hopefully that will slow the loss but the double dose of minoxidil will help me grow more hair than just once a day.

adrift98

Reaction score
Boomer01 said:
I actually stopped using it because I really want to focus on regrowth rather than stopping shedding. Once I get to a point I am happy with my hair, I will probably get back on it though.

I switched to a 15% minoxidil with DHT inhibitors and also use spironolactone cream. Hopefully that will slow the loss but the double dose of minoxidil will help me grow more hair than just once a day.

I'm currently on the same type of minoxidil myself, and will be starting spironolactone soon. I didn't think the progress in your pics looked that bad. The second picture where your head was burnt to a crisp probably wasn't necessary to help compare :), but it seems to me that your hair was getting fuller over time, with maybe a slight shed in the end. Unless all you did was grow your hair out some, the last two pictures definitely looked better than the first. Well anyways, maybe you'll have just as much success with your current regimen as you did with the Revivogen mixed in. I was looking at Rivivogen for myself, but will see what spironolactone and minoxidil can accomplish first.

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
Boomer01 said:

Ah thats a shame you stopped Revivogen. I thought we were Revivogen buddies! LOL! So did you actually experience a reduction of shedding?

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
I might have seen a slight reduction in shedding but it wasn't really much different. Some of the people that have been using it have talked about almost no hair loss. It wasn't that way for me. I don't think negatively about the product. I hope it's working for you.

bigblackattack

Established Member
Reaction score
When you say you are using Revivogen, are you using only the shampoo? I see on the site they only offer a shampoo and a conditioner, is there anything else to it?

FinsFan139

Reaction score
bigblackattack said:
When you say you are using Revivogen, are you using only the shampoo? I see on the site they only offer a shampoo and a conditioner, is there anything else to it?

The Scalp Therapy kit.

revivogen-dermadoctor-scalp-therapy-formula.jpg

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
bigblackattack said:
The scalp therapy is the main component. The shampoo and conditioner do not grow hair and do little to stop shedding.

bigblackattack

Established Member
Reaction score
I see. Is there a way to just buy the scalp theraphy kit and not have to foot the cost for the shampoo and conditioner? I don't really need either of those.

FinsFan139

Reaction score
bigblackattack said:
I see. Is there a way to just buy the scalp theraphy kit and not have to foot the cost for the shampoo and conditioner? I don't really need either of those.

You can buy the scalp therapy separately.

bigblackattack

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that. I dont know how I feel about spending that much on a product I know nothing about. Do they have a 1 month supply of the scalp therapy? Seems like a lot of money to blow for three months of something you havent tried.

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
bigblackattack said:
Yeah, I saw that. I dont know how I feel about spending that much on a product I know nothing about. Do they have a 1 month supply of the scalp therapy? Seems like a lot of money to blow for three months of something you havent tried.
Just like any other product, you would not see benefits after only 1 month of use. They say you need at least 3 months. If you don't feel like you are seeing any benefit, then you can return the unused portion and get a refund. They have a great return policy and do not hassle you.

People have to realize that Revivogen does not grow hair back. It slows/stops hair loss just like finasteride. Just because you don't see new hair growth doesn't mean that it is not working.