I Went From Looking Like A Rockstar To A Creepy Old Man In 3 Years (pics Included)

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
idk what to tell you, I kinda disagree, buzzed cut does not look good on everyone, it depends on your head shape and your jawline and all that, sure you could do FUE + smp and keep it buzzed and take yourself out of the bald category, but that doesn't mean you'll good.
Plenty of men with a head full of hair aren't good looking either lol.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Plenty of men with a head full of hair aren't good looking either lol.

yes, but buzzcut is very similar to bald, as in your head shape shows, while when you have your hair grown out a bit you get more volume and your head gets a different shape.

if you have weak facial features and do a buzz cut you will look way worse than how you'd look with grown out hair, so even a buzz cut + smp isn't really gonna improve your looks from a bald head. you're still gonna end up being way less attractive than your grown out version.

buzz cut +smp only works if you have nicely shaped head and strong facial features.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, I remember making a thread on these forums this time last year and you replied to that one too. Ya seem like a good dude, sticking around and consoling people with their troubles with this terrible disease. Cool seeing you around again.

And yeah, we appear to have fucked up hormones in our family and it caused me to age very quickly. I'm of Irish/southern European descent, yet I was shaving when I was 13, which only seem to happen for middle-eastern guys. I also got absolutely horrendous cystic acne all over my cheekbones and midface as a result of my hormones at around 16 which made me incredibly awkward during those years. I hopped on Roaccutane, blasted the acne and all my scars healed completely for my 17th birthday... Built up a bit of confidence and went out to parties, then a year later, male pattern baldness kicks in. I had 1 year throughout my whole teens where I wasn't mentally crippled by a problem related to my hormones. Now that I'm 21, I'm able to fake being confident way better now, but I still have a lot of hate for myself deep down. I take comfort in my height, so at least I have that, but I didn't even fulfil my potential in that area either, considering my brother was 6'4 by the time he was 15 lmao. Genetics are a b**ch. As you said, I'm not ugly, but honestly, the bone structure I have might as well be given to someone else who could make good use of it, instead of me having it.

What's your story? Like, your age, Norwood, when it started and just your thoughts on it? And those hair transplants, how did they go? Definitely feel like I could relate to you, from what you've posted there alone. And yeah, I feel people like us could still do OK with women even with whatever hairloss situations we have except for the fact that it's obviously affected us so badly mentally. Like I'd guess you'd say hair loss has changed your personality as well?
Yo bro it's crazy that you remembered me. Thanks, means a lot tbh.

I'm probably NW4.5-5 heading towards 6. Started at 16, by the time I was 18 it already became noticeable. I'm 28 now, so that marks a full decade of consciously dealing with male pattern baldness.

A few months after the first transplant, I already started getting comments about how I look like a completely different person. But my hair was still super thin and I wasn't satisfied. After the results of the second transplant fully came in, I started having a lot more confidence and liking my appearance a lot more.

As for how it affected my personality.. it definitely humbled me and made me more mature and aware of how the world works. It drives me to try harder in every field of life. I know that with zero hair loss I'd look like a male model/movie star. I feel like this bold flaw makes people see me as a cool normal dude instead of some super good looking fuckboy.

I still have moments of insecurity despite having over 150 matches on Tinder as of right now. No amount of validation seems to be able to fix this. But honestly, I know that I'd feel way worse about myself if I looked the way I did before the transplants and don't regret them at all.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yo bro it's crazy that you remembered me. Thanks, means a lot tbh.

I'm probably NW4.5-5 heading towards 6. Started at 16, by the time I was 18 it already became noticeable. I'm 28 now, so that marks a full decade of consciously dealing with male pattern baldness.

A few months after the first transplant, I already started getting comments about how I look like a completely different person. But my hair was still super thin and I wasn't satisfied. After the results of the second transplant fully came in, I started having a lot more confidence and liking my appearance a lot more.

As for how it affected my personality.. it definitely humbled me and made me more mature and aware of how the world works. It drives me to try harder in every field of life. I know that with zero hair loss I'd look like a male model/movie star. I feel like this bold flaw makes people see me as a cool normal dude instead of some super good looking fuckboy.

I still have moments of insecurity despite having over 150 matches on Tinder as of right now. No amount of validation seems to be able to fix this. But honestly, I know that I'd feel way worse about myself if I looked the way I did before the transplants and don't regret them at all.

wait how are you nw4.5-5 heading towards 6, after 2 hair transplants?
and bro post a pic of yourself I'm hella curious to see how you look like since ur saying you'd look like a movie star if you had zero hair loss

DesertFoxx

My Regimen
Reaction score
May 2017 (aged 18):
View attachment 141881

April 2020 (aged 21):
View attachment 141882

In less than 3 years, I appear to have aged almost 30. I've lost my personality and sense of self-worth. I'm lazy and uninspired to invest in my future self these days because 'What's the point? I'll be bald whenever I get to benefit from doing this anyway.' Whenever I meet new people, I'm conscious of the fact that instead of appearing as someone who's interesting and has cool stories to tell, I now appear like another typical boring deadbeat who got old before his time.

At a party not long ago, I met someone who I hadn't seen since around the time that first picture was taken. The first thing he said to me was 'You look different...' and I asked 'In a good or bad way?' and he shrugged and looked away. I'd put a lot of effort during the past year before that bulking in the gym, yet I still looked worse because of my hair loss situation, something out of my control. The guy is known by everyone to be a complete prick, but I still wasn't angry at him, he was right, I just sad that this terrible disease had done this to me.

It's gotten to the point where people have brought up the fact that I hate getting my picture taken, asking me why. Out of all of the parties I went to last year, I have probably less than 3 pictures of myself from my entire university year.

Also this year, I've had an old friend and a girl both separately tell me that I look better with my longer hair and that I should grow it out again like old times, but I couldn't bring myself to tell either of them that I physically can't grow that hair any more. Sad times.

I'm currently in my first year at university as a 21 year old, meaning my friends are mainly 18 year olds. Obviously the shittier my hair gets, the less I'm going to fit in. I've been able to hide it by growing my hair out and using hair fibres to conceal it this long, but with lockdown happening, I decided shave my head to see where I'm at and obviously it's not good.

So I'm skipping the bullshit and starting to wear a hair system before lockdown ends. I think about my hairloss many, many hours per week. If I spend that time on maintaining a hair system, my life would be significantly better. I couldn't be arsed toiling with drugs like Finasteride that f*** with my endocrine system and will only give me substandard hair anyway since I'll never get everything back that I lost.

Just wanted to vent and let other people know they're not alone. Cheers, guys.
I get where your coming from dude big time, I've always had my hair long like your first pic. It also thinned out as fast as yours did. What I really like about hair systems is that you don't have to wait for hair cycles to pass to see if what your taking will work or not. I don't even have a damn relative that's dealt with hair loss in his mid 20s, my dad is 60 with no hairloss. I hate not having hair density anymore, I'm pretty sure i'm going to end up wearing one as well, i'm not down with bald or short hair.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
wait how are you nw4.5-5 heading towards 6, after 2 hair transplants?
and bro post a pic of yourself I'm hella curious to see how you look like since ur saying you'd look like a movie star if you had zero hair loss
I'm just saying that my natural hair is going NW6, the transplanted hair camouflages it obviously and gives the illusion of NW2

And I'm too concerned about my privacy to be posting pics on this forum lol. If that helps girls told me that I look like Callum Scott, the lead actor from Lucifer, among some other celebs that I don't remember lol.

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just saying that my natural hair is going NW6, the transplanted hair camouflages it obviously and gives the illusion of NW2

And I'm too concerned about my privacy to be posting pics on this forum lol
How many grafts did you have and do you use min or finasteride?

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
How many grafts did you have and do you use min or finasteride?
If I'm not mistaken, 5000 grafts overall including both transplants. And no I tried to take finasteride for a few weeks and had side effects so I stopped. Don't want to use min because I still have good skin and get told that I look younger than my age despite the hair problems.

I'm still planning to get a 3rd transplant one day.

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, 5000 grafts overall including both transplants. And no I tried to take finasteride for a few weeks and had side effects so I stopped. Don't want to use min because I still have good skin and get told that I look younger than my age despite the hair problems.

I'm still planning to get a 3rd transplant one day.
So you have none of your natural hair left where the transplanted hair is? It must look very thin unless you use fibers.
You should try minoxidil, I used the foam for 4 years and have been using the pill for a year and I look 23 at 31 ( can provide proof).

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you have none of your natural hair left where transplanted hair is? It must look very thin unless you use fibers.
You should try minoxidil, I used the foam for 4 years and have been using the pill for a year and I look 23 at 31 ( can provide proof).
The crown area is thin indeed and I wanna get more work done on it in the future since I still have some donor left for more transplants. The hairline is better after 2 procedures and only looks thin under extremely bright lights.

My body seems to react badly to anything chemical.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you have none of your natural hair left where the transplanted hair is? It must look very thin unless you use fibers.
Do you think that min would regrow hair cells that got minimized many years ago?

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks bro I'll think about it. Can I apply it just once a day before I go to bed?

from what I'm seeing you actually should just use it once a day if you're going topical, the effect lasts for 23 hours unlike oral minoxidil

and bro, you had 5k grafts transplants and you're not on any treatments and you can make it seem like you have nw2? and you still have enough donor for another transplant? my guy do you have a god like donor area or something?

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Twice is better, if you're going to do it once a day I'd personally do it in the morning so it dosnt get on your pillows when you sleep.

how do you not have any side effects from oral minoxidil? that should at least makes your whole body harier

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how do you not have any side effects from oral minoxidil? that should at least makes your whole body harier
Yes I have some increased hair on my face and hands and my leg hair is abit thicker, it takes about 10 seconds longer to shave my face.This is hardly a big deal when it increases the hair on my head dont you think?

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I have some increased hair on my face and hands and my leg hair is abit thicker, it takes about 10 seconds longer to shave my face.This is hardly a big deal when it increases the hair on my head dont you think?

maybe, idk, hair on face is a big no in my book, unless it's just beard.

also in my case I'm as hairy as a bear so oral minoxidil is just a huge no for me, I have hair almost everywhere on the body (back, shoulders, upper arms, stomach, sides of torso, now imagine minoxidil make all that hair thicker or even awakens dormant hair and creates even more hair.

I guess it's no big deal if you don't have much body hair but if you're a bear like me it's a recipe for disaster.