I Went From Looking Like A Rockstar To A Creepy Old Man In 3 Years (pics Included)

whatintheworld

Reaction score
If I'm honest man, I'm not in the least bit concerned about what anyone else thinks about the fact I'm wearing a hair system. The only concerns I have is whether it looks authentic and if the maintenance can fit into my schedule long term. If I am able to make the time to maintain it regularly, then it won't be an issue. Initially, I am going to try and keep it a secret, but if I get caught out, I will 100% stand my choice to wear one, without feeling any shame. I've admitted to friends before that I'd sooner wear a hair system than shave my head. As for partners knowing, I reckon I'll be comfortable admitting to them after a few weeks. What use is dating someone if I can't show any vulnerability to her at all, especially if it's about something as important as hair?

I hope it works out but...you may be in for a rude surprise the more you date women, especially in today's social media driven world, and see what the outcome is when this reveal happens. Women are always on the lookout for the next best thing (are we not all in a sense? But the accessibility for men and women is vastly different), and with the internet at their fingertips and more options than ever, a swipe or dm away from that is always on the table.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand it, perhaps I'm expressing mine poorly.

Everyone should always try to be their best even if they are bald. But there is only so much compensation that can be done to make up for the huge hit of being slick bald.

I didn't say with a buzzcut, buzzcuts can actually look really good and when I had all my hair I actually preferred to have buzzcuts. It felt like I had a helmet of hair on my head, super easy maintenance, looked more masculine somehow.

However, shaving your head with no hairline, or rocking a horseshoe, are just completely different situations.

Yeah, you are right and i get what you mean and i expressed myself poorly also because when i said buzzcut i forgot to mention that i already have a horseshoe so that buzzcut looks good but not as it would look on a fullhead so yeah... But as i said, take care of the rest of your body and this things will look way more different, being buzzcut, horseshoed or without any hair at all... In the end, we were not all born models, that does not mean that we can't have a great life or that we have to suffer or die because we aren't perfect instagram models, at least this is my opinion...

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
False, being slick bald versus having some hair to frame your face makes a huge difference. If you were slick bald like the top guy you would definitely pay for that transplant, let's not kid ourselves.

I sure as hell wouldn't because as I said I would end up going with a hat on anytime I go outside anyway.

plus I'm not 50+, I'm only 28, and in about 2 years from now I'll probably have that "follow-up" hair he has, since I'm badly diffused. if you think I'm gonna go outside with a hair like that you're dead wrong lmao. it's 100% hat life for me.

Stubble

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope it works out but...you may be in for a rude surprise the more you date women, especially in today's social media driven world, and see what the outcome is when this reveal happens. Women are always on the lookout for the next best thing (are we not all in a sense? But the accessibility for men and women is vastly different), and with the internet at their fingertips and more options than ever, a swipe or dm away from that is always on the table.

Appreciate you writing out that post but don't worry, I've been red-pilled since before that first photo was taken in May 2017, nothing I learn about dating (more specifically, hypergamy, as you mentioned) in the future will shock me. Been browsing the Manosphere since 2016. I'm aware of my SMV in today's climate and I'm aware of how an average woman's SMV is much higher than mine.

I know appearing vulnerable to a woman will turn them right off you, but honestly, I can get by without them for the most part. If anything I'm mainly doing this whole hair system thing to ensure I keeping getting respect from the other men in my life - if you look like sh*t and aren't in anyway physically threatening, I've learned that other men will treat you like sh*t. Then when women see this happening to you, they won't respect you either.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Appreciate you writing out that post but don't worry, I've been red-pilled since before that first photo was taken in May 2017, nothing I learn about dating (more specifically, hypergamy, as you mentioned) in the future will shock me. Been browsing the Manosphere since 2016. I'm aware of my SMV in today's climate and I'm aware of how an average woman's SMV is much higher than mine.

I know appearing vulnerable to a woman will turn them right off you, but honestly, I can get by without them for the most part. If anything I'm mainly doing this whole hair system thing to ensure I keeping getting respect from the other men in my life - if you look like sh*t and aren't in anyway physically threatening, I've learned that other men will treat you like sh*t. Then when women see this happening to you, they won't respect you either.

Mind-blowing how advanced we are technologically and how under developed we are emotionally and mentally no?

Stubble

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mind-blowing how advanced we are technologically and how under developed we are emotionally and mentally no?
Yep, we like to think of ourselves as this super-advanced group of beings, but really, we're just slaves to our impulses. Whatever gets those endorphins flowing, we'll do it. I have friends who will sleep with different women every week to achieve this, personally, I've turned to drugs recently to get it done. You only have to look at how people react to getting stimulation from harmful things like social media and p**rn to realise just how basic our brains really are.

Last edited:

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol who tf does that? that looks is not even attractive to most girls, imagine pumping your body full of steroids, risking your health and covering your whole body with dumb tattoos thinking girls would like it.

steroids deteriorate your health even if you use them as optimally as you can, not to mention they are expensive af and gl finding a health professional that will agree to guide you and support you with using them, all you have is relying on broscience from internet junkies.

if you're willing to pump your body with steroids and tattoos just to make some girls with a fetish towards the rock type of builds, then you might as well just use finasteride.
I was replying to what the op said, he said he tried to bulk up in the gym.Theres no point to do that unless you go all out and go on steroids to build a great physique, unless you're genetically gifted with a great frame. If you're bald you need a body that stands out from the crowd if you want to use that as an advantage, and unless you're genetically gifted you need steroids for that, that's the sad truth.Im not telling anyone to use steroids.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was replying to what the op said, he said he tried to bulk up in the gym.Theres no point to do that unless you go all out and go on steroids to build a great physique, unless you're genetically gifted with a great frame. If you're bald you need a body that stands out from the crowd if you want to use that as an advantage, and unless you're genetically gifted you need steroids for that, that's the sad truth.Im not telling anyone to use steroids.

you can still change your body composition by lifting weights tho. would look better than not doing so. but yes you won't be looking like the rock without steroids.

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you can still change your body composition by lifting weights tho. would look better than not doing so. but yes you won't be looking like the rock without steroids.
Its not about looking like the rock, it's about having a body good enough to compensate for a bald head and unless you were born with a big frame and prime genetics it's not possible without steroids.

Stubble

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fck OP, I feel your pain man. Hair is essential at your age.

And you're making the right decision. AA's are pure hormonal poison, you're balding too aggressive and I doubt even duta will regrow much of what you lost.

A hair system is perfect for you imo.
Thanks for the reply, man. It's very nice (and quite rare) seeing someone who backs my plan to get a hair system at such a young age. I appreciate it.

Exactly. If I nuked my hormones with Dutasteride and used Minoxidil super consistently maybe I could get back some of the hair on my crown. But I just don't give a f*** to do that. I need that hairline back to fit in amongst my peers, no one cares about a full crown of hair when you're 21, it's taken for granted and if you don't have it, you stand out. I just can't be arsed waiting months to see if I respond well to it or not. I'm back off to University in October, so hopefully I should have the hair system maintenance perfected.

Learning about it all this past month is honestly the first time I felt even a shred of hope in the last 3 years. But with the way my brain's been conditioned during that time, I can feel my brain trying to not let myself get excited about it since everything's been so bleak this whole time. Hopefully when I get it to work, my brain will start to re-adjust to my situation and not be so down all the time. This whole experience has just made me feel super old and soulless.

Cheers, man.

Last edited:

alexfighter1111

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s easy to take a photo of your head full of hair and a photo where you are balding and say that you have become ugly and look like an old man. Judging only by the hair, then you're right. But appearance is not only hair. We do not see how you look with or without hair. We do not see your face. I'm not saying show it to us, but it is quite possible that you are greatly exaggerating.

Stubble

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s easy to take a photo of your head full of hair and a photo where you are balding and say that you have become ugly and look like an old man. Judging only by the hair, then you're right. But appearance is not only hair. We do not see how you look with or without hair. We do not see your face. I'm not saying show it to us, but it is quite possible that you are greatly exaggerating.
Yeah, you make a very fair point, man. I did write this post in such a way that presents the narrative only the way I see it, instead of letting other people make their own opinions on my hair loss situation. Having said that though, this sub-forum is about the 'Impact of Hairloss'. The post I've made shows everyone the impact this terrible disease has had on me, I didn't make the post to get people to try and change my opinion of myself.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn bro, at 18 I didn't look as fully grown as you did. You already looked like a man. My hairloss was slower but only a few years later I lost as much hair as you did.

After 2 transplants I look way better, ofc it's absolutely nothing like the beautiful messy hair you had at 18 but at least it frames my face and looks trendy, helps me avoid "creepy old man" territory.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw we're pretty much in the same boat. I have a handsome face and from a young age I was used to being this charming good looking boy and partly relied on looks my whole life.

Then when I lost my hair I started watching my friends, who had a less attractive face than me and were in worse shape, get with hot women while I was left with nothing but my hand (my few options were absolute sh*t).

Last edited:

Stubble

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn bro, at 18 I didn't look as fully grown as you did. You already looked like a man. My hairloss was slower but only a few years later I lost as much hair as you did.

After 2 transplants I look way better, ofc it's absolutely nothing like the beautiful messy hair you had at 18 but at least it frames my face and looks trendy, helps me avoid "creepy old man" territory.

Btw we're pretty much in the same boat. I have a handsome face and from a young age I was used to being this charming good looking boy and partly relied on looks my whole life.

Then when I lost my hair I started watching my friends, who had a less attractive face than me and were in worse shape, get with hot women while I was left with nothing but my hand (my few options were absolute sh*t).

Hey man, I remember making a thread on these forums this time last year and you replied to that one too. Ya seem like a good dude, sticking around and consoling people with their troubles with this terrible disease. Cool seeing you around again.

And yeah, we appear to have fucked up hormones in our family and it caused me to age very quickly. I'm of Irish/southern European descent, yet I was shaving when I was 13, which only seem to happen for middle-eastern guys. I also got absolutely horrendous cystic acne all over my cheekbones and midface as a result of my hormones at around 16 which made me incredibly awkward during those years. I hopped on Roaccutane, blasted the acne and all my scars healed completely for my 17th birthday... Built up a bit of confidence and went out to parties, then a year later, male pattern baldness kicks in. I had 1 year throughout my whole teens where I wasn't mentally crippled by a problem related to my hormones. Now that I'm 21, I'm able to fake being confident way better now, but I still have a lot of hate for myself deep down. I take comfort in my height, so at least I have that, but I didn't even fulfil my potential in that area either, considering my brother was 6'4 by the time he was 15 lmao. Genetics are a b**ch. As you said, I'm not ugly, but honestly, the bone structure I have might as well be given to someone else who could make good use of it, instead of me having it.

What's your story? Like, your age, Norwood, when it started and just your thoughts on it? And those hair transplants, how did they go? Definitely feel like I could relate to you, from what you've posted there alone. And yeah, I feel people like us could still do OK with women even with whatever hairloss situations we have except for the fact that it's obviously affected us so badly mentally. Like I'd guess you'd say hair loss has changed your personality as well?

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its not about looking like the rock, it's about having a body good enough to compensate for a bald head and unless you were born with a big frame and prime genetics it's not possible without steroids.

nothing compensates for a bald head my guy. it's just looking less worse or worse.

INT

Reaction score
Why didnt you get on finasteride 2 or 3 years ago if it is affecting your life this much?
If you wanted to go down the shaved head muscle boy look you need to go all in with steroids, get tatted up, it just won't work otherwise.

It is about balance, more is not always better. Going beyond the natural limit body wise does not really increase your overall looks that much. Most women just like some a somewhat muscular, lean body which should be achievable naturally for most men with some dedication and patience.