I Was Randomly Watching Videos About Hair Pieces And Bumped Into This One

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I am considering going the hair piece route but as an old wearer I have seen and experienced the annoying sides of wearing a squirrel on your head. It’s the hair quality, glue or tape or both, allergy, dermatitis, leaking, hair stuck, glue smells, she can’t run her fingers through your head, the list goes on and on.

Now we can all agree that hair piece is a much better solution than taking those stupid useless drugs to prolong the inevitable and for people with advanced/aggressive Androgenetic Alopecia they simply don’t do sh*t.

But the problem is that hair piece industry is ridiculously behind. Unacceptable today’s standards for someone who obviously wants to wear one and keep it a secret. Because nobody wants to go around telling people he glues hair in his bald head. It’s just weird af, screams insecurity and people can eat you alive for it.

So I came across this video. I’ve no idea if it’s legit, I’m not affiliated with them or anything. But it’s a 0,01mm lace instead of 0,05 or 0,03 you buy online. My only question is why isn’t some company investing into improving this stuff... so when she runs her god damn fingers through my hair I won’t have to tell her a story where I was in Vietnam and a grenade caught me and now I’ve got steel plates on my scalp and look extra stupid.

Does anyone know more about hair piece improvements? Any site that actually puts out news? A YouTube channel? A company doing something? Anything at all? This is a goldmine... everyone is fed up with this current hair piece situation. And nobody is grabbing the chance to create something proper. The feedback is out there, the technology I assume is also out there and yet nothing.

Discuss.

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it make you feel better to say it's a squirrel on your head, when we all know this is not the case?

I'm just wondering why you're posting this. That video looks like a regular lace based system imo. Never heard of mm numbers for lace based systems. I know some laces are finer and more delicate than others.

Noah

Reaction score
It doesn't look like anything special. I don't think it is lace. "Germany's bioscalp technology" (LMAO) sounds like thinskin.

In practical terms men's hairpieces have improved enormously in the last decade. For $200 you can buy the kind of superfine lace piece that until fairly recently was only available to the rich and famous, and you can keep it in place with a whole range of super-effective adhesives. You can already wear a piece that there is very very little chance of a girl feeling if you are willing to go to the trouble of using a full-head glue bond. Most of the improvements you can think of are already available - thinner thinskin, finer lace, stronger glue - but they are too fragile or impractical for normal use. Your complaints relate to the outdated technology you were wearing before.

HairSystemGuy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm no expert but I am pretty sure a hair system doesn't feel nor look like a squirrel placed on ones head. I'm not seeing anything new here frankly. All these videos are designed to dazzle the viewers, the quailty is within the material and that's not something you really know until it's in your hands.

I'm not a wearer (yet). I'm really toying with the idea actually. I can't see how the material can be improved much further, I've had discussions with helpful members such as @Noah, he has explained how some HS's are rubbish, and others are great, it's like buying a car, you only get what you pay for.

Regarding this:
stupid uselessdrugs

There's plenty whom have used drugs and have managed to see fantastic results. The only issue I see with going down that road is the risk, I'm married, I work from home and don't have to leave the house much so I could take the risk (I wont though).

I wouldn't wait around for a new hair system revolution. Just do your research, and get wearing, don't over think it else you will forever be depressed and hairless.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't look like anything special. I don't think it is lace. "Germany's bioscalp technology" (LMAO) sounds like thinskin.

In practical terms men's hairpieces have improved enormously in the last decade. For $200 you can buy the kind of superfine lace piece that until fairly recently was only available to the rich and famous, and you can keep it in place with a whole range of super-effective adhesives. You can already wear a piece that there is very very little chance of a girl feeling if you are willing to go to the trouble of using a full-head glue bond. Most of the improvements you can think of are already available - thinner thinskin, finer lace, stronger glue - but they are too fragile or impractical for normal use. Your complaints relate to the outdated technology you were wearing before.

There is no such thing as “very little chance”. Either she’s gonna bump her fingers in the lace or not. I’ve been watching some channels about hair pieces they have nice information. Here we talk specifics though. AFAIK I have never seen a 0.01mm base. They also have some nice information about pros and cons of synthetic vs human hair so it’s not like they’re just trying to sell something quick. There is no base to my knowledge that is undetectable to touch especially on the sides. This is why the video made me wonder and I’m curious as to what improvements could be further made in this field.

Noah

Reaction score
You have to live in the real world here. You can get very thin bases and very strong glue, but there is always going to be some kind of base there, so there is always going to be some chance that a girl will feel it. If that is unacceptable to you then hair systems are not for you. You have to have some balls to wear a system. There is some chance that you will be sent to prison and they will confiscate your hairpiece. There is some chance that you will be run over by a car and have head injuries, and they will cut your piece off at the hospital. There is some chance that an alien from space will suck your rug off with his megaton gargleblaster. You have to be satisfied with maximising the good possible outcomes, or find a different solution.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to live in the real world here. You can get very thin bases and very strong glue, but there is always going to be some kind of base there, so there is always going to be some chance that a girl will feel it. If that is unacceptable to you then hair systems are not for you. You have to have some balls to wear a system. There is some chance that you will be sent to prison and they will confiscate your hairpiece. There is some chance that you will be run over by a car and have head injuries, and they will cut your piece off at the hospital. There is some chance that an alien from space will suck your rug off with his megaton gargleblaster. You have to be satisfied with maximising the good possible outcomes, or find a different solution.

It’s different for a married man who works from home and for a single guy who doesn’t work from home. I assume your wife knows, your life is settled, you could even take the piece off and it would be fine. For me, it’s different. The risk is bigger, the possibility of screwing up is bigger, you feel me? I understand what you say and I agree but I’ve worn one before most people here did and I was young too and I tell you society is never going to accept this as normal. Unless of course they never find out you wear one, hence my frustration with current piece technology.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s different for a married man who works from home and for a single guy who doesn’t work from home. I assume your wife knows, your life is settled, you could even take the piece off and it would be fine. For me, it’s different. The risk is bigger, the possibility of screwing up is bigger, you feel me? I understand what you say and I agree but I’ve worn one before most people here did and I was young too and I tell you society is never going to accept this as normal. Unless of course they never find out you wear one, hence my frustration with current piece technology.

Did you get busted?

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you get busted?

Yes, twice. And idk what stories you may read but when you’re busted, it’s a feeling you don’t want to experience. One time I got busted from a girl I was dating and mumbled some sh*t and thank god she was dumb as f*** so I escaped. The second time tho it was some retard I wasn’t even friends with just happened to be in same table as us. He does this move to my hair as a joke cause we were all laughing about something and he collides with the lace. The dude froze. And I froze. And it was a f*****g nightmare. This sh*t they tell you about “ye be honest dude” or “say it’s steel plates” is a load of bs. Any human with an IQ over 10 knows this is fake hair the moment they bump your base. And there is not a single hair piece out there afaik that manages to hide it. Which is why I’m so pissed because I want to go that route but current standards are unacceptable. You better hope nobody notices. Back then friends of mine knew I had one. We used to play football a lot and I always joked about “don’t pass the ball high I’m not gonna kick it with my head”. But believe me, it spread. Other people found out, one tried to f*** me over, a girl was asking her bro who used to hang out with me if I wear fake hair (laughing). It’s not that people don’t care, they do. It’s just that it’s so lame and weird to them that they won’t talk about it much. Its not that they respect you or think it’s normal. Most people who you see wear a hair piece are married or gay. Try a single guy or someone who’s just in a relationship. This sh*t is never gonna be normal. You wanna go vacation, you wanna go diving, swim, night out, this and that. You honestly think it’s not gonna be an issue? For me it was bro. I remember I slept after everyone else when I was on holidays with friends who didn’t know I wore one. And at one point they actually suspected it.

If you’re gonna wear one, never tell anyone about it. Which is the whole f*****g point otherwise we can leave the price tag on the piece and take it out in public if we want to. It’s like a chick gets tits and takes them out in front of you, goes back to size 0 and then goes like “oh does that feel weird hun?”. No it doesn’t you just pulled your tits out of your chest I’m fine. Cmon...

There needs to be massive improvements to this field and it’s a pity we still have a ton of normies just printing out the usual lace, glue, tape etc and we don’t have big companies working on a much more stealthy solution. As a matter of fact I think Tsuji will never come, if this sh*t is about to come out when I’m 40 then honestly f*** it, I rather stay bald.

HairSystemGuy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, twice. And idk what stories you may read but when you’re busted, it’s a feeling you don’t want to experience. One time I got busted from a girl I was dating and mumbled some sh*t and thank god she was dumb as f*** so I escaped. The second time tho it was some retard I wasn’t even friends with just happened to be in same table as us. He does this move to my hair as a joke cause we were all laughing about something and he collides with the lace. The dude froze. And I froze. And it was a f*****g nightmare. This sh*t they tell you about “ye be honest dude” or “say it’s steel plates” is a load of bs. Any human with an IQ over 10 knows this is fake hair the moment they bump your base. And there is not a single hair piece out there afaik that manages to hide it. Which is why I’m so pissed because I want to go that route but current standards are unacceptable. You better hope nobody notices. Back then friends of mine knew I had one. We used to play football a lot and I always joked about “don’t pass the ball high I’m not gonna kick it with my head”. But believe me, it spread. Other people found out, one tried to f*** me over, a girl was asking her bro who used to hang out with me if I wear fake hair (laughing). It’s not that people don’t care, they do. It’s just that it’s so lame and weird to them that they won’t talk about it much. Its not that they respect you or think it’s normal. Most people who you see wear a hair piece are married or gay. Try a single guy or someone who’s just in a relationship. This sh*t is never gonna be normal. You wanna go vacation, you wanna go diving, swim, night out, this and that. You honestly think it’s not gonna be an issue? For me it was bro. I remember I slept after everyone else when I was on holidays with friends who didn’t know I wore one. And at one point they actually suspected it.

If you’re gonna wear one, never tell anyone about it. Which is the whole f*****g point otherwise we can leave the price tag on the piece and take it out in public if we want to. It’s like a chick gets tits and takes them out in front of you, goes back to size 0 and then goes like “oh does that feel weird hun?”. No it doesn’t you just pulled your tits out of your chest I’m fine. Cmon...

There needs to be massive improvements to this field and it’s a pity we still have a ton of normies just printing out the usual lace, glue, tape etc and we don’t have big companies working on a much more stealthy solution. As a matter of fact I think Tsuji will never come, if this sh*t is about to come out when I’m 40 then honestly f*** it, I rather stay bald.

I'm curious about something Heinrich, what exactly is it that you think anyone can do to improve them?

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hm, my dad seems to be too retarded for this. He grabbed and rubbed my hair twice and didn’t get it.
It shouldn’t be too difficult to avoid strangers touching your hair though.

And I don’t know why you are so pessimistic about Tsuji, it could at the very least go both ways. So far progress is steady.

Last edited:

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And dude I just watched the video, who f*****g cares if this product was undetectable to touch. It is detectable to LOOKS. The hairline is ATROCIOUS.

I didn’t even see the video. I just stood at the 0.01mm and thought “why are we not striving for better hair pieces, why still with this awful lace of 0.03mm”.

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, twice. And idk what stories you may read but when you’re busted, it’s a feeling you don’t want to experience. One time I got busted from a girl I was dating and mumbled some sh*t and thank god she was dumb as f*** so I escaped.
Could you please give some extra details? How did she notice the system?

I remember I slept after everyone else when I was on holidays with friends who didn’t know I wore one. And at one point they actually suspected it.
Why do you think so?

And thanks for sharing, BTW. As an option (maybe a silly one) you can style your hair and use it as an argument when someone wants to touch your head, be like this: "Hands off, lad I have the best haircut in the universe, nobody is allowed to touch it". I know several guys who behave as I described, and other people are OK with this.

“why are we not striving for better hair pieces, why still with this awful lace of 0.03mm”.
Looks like 0.01mm base is very fragile so that piece won't last long and the maintenance will be way too challenging.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
damn how i hate those random dudes who greet you from behind by grabbing your hair or in the middle of conversation just do that

but in the end getting busted is better than being bald

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
but in the end getting busted is better than being bald

Being busted means you are bald again. And with fake hair on top of it. One must experience it to understand. The “idgaf” attitude doesn’t work because A. You do give a f*** because you took the time to glue synthetic sh*t up your head and B. Other people care too but with this sort of quick look and nobody’s gonna really talk about it in front of you which drives you nuts because you have no idea what is being said behind your back. And then you’re gonna see dementia on a new level when you get denied by a girl. “Was it the hair piece? Oh man I’m sure it was. But I can’t take it off and now all girls are gonna ditch me because of it, everyone knows!”.

Like I said: married guys and gay people don’t count. The average joe who’s in a serious relationship doesn’t need it. The average joe who’s single, young and full of life can be in deep sh*t with one. Now imagine wearing one and marry this woman and never tell her. Till she finds out (and she will).

Death sentence disguised as the perfect solution. I’ve said it before: the hair transplant is an average truth, the hair piece is a great lie. My words, never written by someone else, from my heart. Been through it all.

Noah

Reaction score

I am a single man in the dating market who doesn't work from home, and I manage fine. I honestly think most if not all of the problems you encountered in the past were the result of using crude old-fashioned technology (possibly because that is all that was or is available on the ground in your country).

Men wearing hair is still a bit stigmatised in public, no question. That is why I and most wearers prefer to keep it private. And if you choose wisely and keep up your maintenance, you can keep it private, even in intimate situations. However, there are 2 qualifications to that.

First, there is a big difference between the "public" herd mentality attitude to hair replacement seen in the media and the Internet - ewww dead squirrel, shave it off, better off bald, get a transplant, would never date a man with a wig etc. etc - and the real life reaction you get from real people whom you tell. If you are honest and you say you were losing your hair and you really hated it, and so you got some artificial help to keep yourself looking decent, most people, and this includes girlfriends, will take that at face value and will respect your decision and your privacy, and they will be OK with it. In fact, in my experience not only most people, but all people. Hair replacement seen at the one-to-one human level is an understandable reaction to a kind of pain - the pain of hairloss. People get that, and they understand that wearing a hairpiece is at worst a minor cosmetic quirk, not something which detracts from your value as a human being or a friend or a potential partner. Don't take everything you read in Cosmo at face value.

Second, there has definitely been an easing of even the public sentiment about men's hair replacement. It is part of the wider metrosexual trend of increased acceptance of men being interested in their appearance and willing to do stuff to improve it, whether it be extreme muscle work, cosmetic surgery, cosmetic implants, cosmetic dentistry, tattoos, teeth whitening, male make-up or whatever. I am not necessarily a fan of some of these things, but they have helped change the tone of the debate. If you search "hair system" on Instagram or YouTube, you will find literally dozens of posts of young guys talking about their hair replacements, showing you how they work, taking them off, telling you how they feel about them. Some of them are commercially sponsored, but not all. There are a lot more guys now who are open about wearing a system, and the more that happens the lower the stigma will be. Unless there is a major medical breakthrough on hairloss, I think in 10 years time hair systems will be no more stigmatised than coloured contact lenses or veneers.

Finally, if you think you can wear a hair replacement and have a permanent relationship with a woman without telling her, forget it. That's childish, and it's not what it is about. You don't have to tell every girl you go out for a drink with, because it's not their business, but if you are deciding to share your life with someone you have got to be honest with them. Aside from anything else, the stress of trying to cover your tracks will give you a heart attack. And it's just not that big a deal. If you can't do that, hair replacement is not for you. As I said before, you need balls to wear a system.

Noah