i want to stop hair loss now

andycap

Reaction score
hahah ok maybe i dont agree with the "look" he describes or the steriods but the working out and getting a tan was a good point, as apose to castration which seems a big sacrifice for the sake of the hair on your head.

IBM

Reaction score
From Wikipedia about chemical castration

Large doses are required to be effective in men. Most men will receive 400mg to 500mg per week. In some cases, men given oral doses as high as 700 mg/day have still reported regular sexual arousal and fantasies.

Since finasteride plus spironolactone treatment i'm having a strange side effect. Sometimes i wake up in th middle of night with my penis very aroused and tight. Its so tight that it hurts a lot.

satch5150

Reaction score
wow, dude, Hairloss probably hit you like a thunder from a pure blue sky but what you want to do is A BIT extreme. It's just hair. I know for us it's HAIR but come on, you want to do such things to yourself because of hair?

in my opinion you should really think it over.

good luck,

Philip

cal

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're only in your 20s and several daily milligrams of Finasteride doesn't even slow down the male pattern baldness? Not even during the first year on the finasteride?

Man, I hate to sound so depressing, but I don't see any real stopping that kind of hair loss. Not in the long term.

Of course there's more to hair loss than finasteride, but large hits of daily finasteride should at least be making a dent. If it's not even slowing things down during the first year, then I dunno what to tell you. Your hair follicles must have male pattern baldness susceptibily that's absolutely through the roof. Your scalp's androgen receptors could probably lift Luke Skywalker's X-wing fighter out of Yoda's swamp by themselves.

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
andycap said:
I think Phish has got a good point, obviously every woman has their own preference on men, but i think most will agree that given the choice of 2 guys, one with a nice head of hair, skinny as hell, slightly ropey phisique, pale as snow and who spends more time doing their hair than exercising/gaining a little muscle. Then the guy who obviously works out a bit, nice tan, nice body, well fitted t-shirt and a shaved/low buzz cut head with a good confident attitude, the 2nd guy will probably catch their eye.

Whereas given the choice between a normal guy with an unimpressive body, and a normal average head of hair and a musclebound steroid freak who wears banadana's like a dick and spends all day at the gym pumping his guns in the mirror. In the real world most would go for the normal guy.

wow, you are totally wrong. im a personal trainer and 230lbs 8 percent body fat. im not talking hullking huge muscles like hulk who is just big and no cuts and ugly as hell anyway. and since when does he have a shaved head?? Im talking a riped as hell guy about 200 lbs to 240 with a dark brown tan. Im very dark because im a Italian so a buzz cut looks 10 times better on me then some one who is pale. I also have high bone cheeks and a chiseled face from lifting weights which is crucial for someone to look good in a shaved head. Now you can say woman dont like that or whatever, but I work in a gym and get hit on all the time by hot fitness type woman ranging from 18- 40 so ill take their opinion over yours, and whenever I go out to bar the woman come up to me I don't got up to them. Im not bragging im just helping some guys who are doing the hair thing soley for the woman. Once you get a good size of muscle your confidence goes up way high and that is 10 times more important in the long run than looks. I agree pro bodybuilders are gross and girls hate that look and huge massive guys that arent chiseled like hulk is ugly 2.

Saf you also live in england, there are not that many big guys in england that and woman here in usa like their men with muscles. Go to any night club in usa and majority of the guys have short hair or buzzed or biced, with great bodies and always get girls. For someone like antonie where he has no confidence or self worth i think packing on riped muscles would be the best thing for their confidence. I see it all the time in the people i train. Once they get good muscles they walk around with their head higher and that is exxxxxtremely attractive to a woman compared to a slighty thin guy with slighty thin hair that is shy and insecure.

http://www.paneuro.ru/pics/pic_200571_1 ... mls905.jpg
heres an example of a balding model but has riped muscles and a tan and looks amazing and has that confident look. Now take him and make him just average body and pale, and by average body i mean slightly fat stomach and slightly fat in face. he might not be on steroids or he may but a cutting steroid but I can tell you this, he works out a ton to achieve that look.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
phish said:
s.a.f said:
andycap said:
I think Phish has got a good point, obviously every woman has their own preference on men, but i think most will agree that given the choice of 2 guys, one with a nice head of hair, skinny as hell, slightly ropey phisique, pale as snow and who spends more time doing their hair than exercising/gaining a little muscle. Then the guy who obviously works out a bit, nice tan, nice body, well fitted t-shirt and a shaved/low buzz cut head with a good confident attitude, the 2nd guy will probably catch their eye.

Whereas given the choice between a normal guy with an unimpressive body, and a normal average head of hair and a musclebound steroid freak who wears banadana's like a dick and spends all day at the gym pumping his guns in the mirror. In the real world most would go for the normal guy.

wow, you are totally wrong. im a personal trainer and 230lbs 8 percent body fat. im not talking hullking huge muscles like hulk who is just big and no cuts and ugly as hell anyway. and since when does he have a shaved head?? Im talking a riped as hell guy about 200 lbs to 240 with a dark brown tan. Im very dark because im a Italian so a buzz cut looks 10 times better on me then some one who is pale. I also have high bone cheeks and a chiseled face from lifting weights which is crucial for someone to look good in a shaved head. Now you can say woman dont like that or whatever, but I work in a gym and get hit on all the time by hot fitness type woman ranging from 18- 40 so ill take their opinion over yours, and whenever I go out to bar the woman come up to me I don't got up to them. Im not bragging im just helping some guys who are doing the hair thing soley for the woman. Once you get a good size of muscle your confidence goes up way high and that is 10 times more important in the long run than looks. I agree pro bodybuilders are gross and girls hate that look and huge massive guys that arent chiseled like hulk is ugly 2.

Saf you also live in england, there are not that many big guys in england that and woman here in usa like their men with muscles. Go to any night club in usa and majority of the guys have short hair or buzzed or biced, with great bodies and always get girls. For someone like antonie where he has no confidence or self worth i think packing on riped muscles would be the best thing for their confidence. I see it all the time in the people i train. Once they get good muscles they walk around with their head higher and that is exxxxxtremely attractive to a woman compared to a slighty thin guy with slighty thin hair that is shy and insecure.

heres an example of a balding model but has riped muscles and a tan and looks amazing and has that confident look. Now take him and make him just average body and pale, and by average body i mean slightly fat stomach and slightly fat in face. he might not be on steroids or he may but a cutting steroid but I can tell you this, he works out a ton to achieve that look.

Wow, some cool facts there. What makes you think that brits are any smaller than say, Italians? It's cool that you look awesome though. Very cool... And that guy on the picture (Fredrik Ljungberg) is a not a model, he's a footballer first and foremost. He's not huge and he's not even very muscular. Quite skinny small guy actually.

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
im not saying italians, im saying Americans in night clubs. the average guys in nyc and nj night clubs and florida night clubs is like 200 plus lbs. ive been to clubs in Europe britian and many other places in europe and the guys are much much smaller. and I know that guy is a soccer player, but my point is hes got amazing body, so you dont even notice his hair. he doesn't do steroids and i dont endorse steroids, but i do endorse a muscular body.

and if that is a picture of you in your profile, why care about hair. you got good jawline and shape head for buzz cut with clipers down to skin. just pack on 20lbs of muscle and get bit darker on your scalp so you don't look like a skin head and i promise you you will be beating girls off you.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
phish said:
im not saying italians, im saying Americans in night clubs. the average guys in nyc and nj night clubs and florida night clubs is like 200 plus lbs. ive been to clubs in Europe britian and many other places in europe and the guys are much much smaller. and I know that guy is a soccer player, but my point is hes got amazing body, so you dont even notice his hair. he doesn't do steroids and i dont endorse steroids, but i do endorse a muscular body.

and if that is a picture of you in your profile, why care about hair. you got good jawline and shape head for buzz cut with clipers down to skin. just pack on 20lbs of muscle and get bit darker on your scalp so you don't look like a skin head and i promise you you will be beating girls off you.

Hard to get darker on scalp in the winter here, dude... anyways, I care more about the wicked scalp itch than losing my hair. The itching makes it impossible to forget about the hairloss. I'm working on the muscle thing, though.

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
phish said:

Hard to get darker on scalp in the winter here, dude... anyways, I care more about the wicked scalp itch than losing my hair. The itching makes it impossible to forget about the hairloss. I'm working on the muscle thing, though.

i also usta have nasty scalp itch, what helped me wus dutasteride and keeping hair short and really digging in the scalp to remove a lot of dead skin. it depends on if you got oily scalp or dry scalp, oily scalp nizoral will help, dry scalp jajobi oil will help. if you got oily scalp wich i doubt you do considering you said its winter tanning in a salon helps a ton to dry up scalp and skin, good luck.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
phish said:
s.a.f said:
andycap said:

Hair still matters, image you have your body with nice hair, you will get MORE chicks.

It all comes down to confidence at the end. I have been training 5 days a week for the past 3 and half years, and I do it cuz I enjoy it, I am not working out to impress nobody but myself.

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
i agree i still like my hair, and do keep a strong regimen im just here to help people that are to far gone for current regimens to help with. im happy with just keeping what i got for 5 years with slight dip and am optimistic for future treatments in 5 years.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
Hair still matters, image you have your body with nice hair, you will get MORE chicks.

It all comes down to confidence at the end. I have been training 5 days a week for the past 3 and half years, and I do it cuz I enjoy it, I am not working out to impress nobody but myself.

Is everything really about getting chicks? I mean, this comes up in every frigging thread on this board. It's always about chicks this chicks that. I'd personally need only one chick to like me for who I am. I don't need them all, not even many.

cal

Established Member
Reaction score
Chicks on average just want a meduim-sized muscle build and not HUGE, but they usually want those muscles to be lean & ripped as hell.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
antonio you have the following options:

1) Stop whining like a crybaby pussy and start acting like a man (preferred option)
2) Give up and chemically castrate yourself, affirming your worthlessness

One option leads to a rich and happy life. The other, despair and loneliness.

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
Antonio, are you really sure dutasteride hasn't worked? Haha, I hate to say it, but I don't think I believe you! I mean, I believe that YOU think it hasn't worked, but until we see before and after pics of your hair, I'm not really going to believe your hair - in just one year - has got worse while using dutasteride. I think we need objective proof.

I think a lot of us who are utterly terrified of losing our hair are prone to getting very paranoid about the treatments not working. If you aren't experiencing any side-effects off dutasteride, I would beg you to keep using it. I think you may regret stopping DHT inhibitors in a few years time. You may find they were working without you even realising it.

Best of luck anyway, man.

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
hmm..... i'm pretty new here and this is the first time I've heard of such a thing..... i couldn't possibly consider myself any sort of expert on this. My hair loss does freak me out to whatever degree..... BUT.... Wouldn't chemically castrating yourself make you lose interest in having sex to an extreme degree? You'd basically be removing your balls! Seems to me that you'd then have almost no libido..... Not want to have sex? No sex drive? NONE? No sex? I'd rather be bald with a boner then have hair and a softie..... Actually, I'd sooner die before I'd consider such a thing.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Kube8 said:
hmm..... i'm pretty new here and this is the first time I've heard of such a thing..... i couldn't possibly consider myself any sort of expert on this. My hair loss does freak me out to whatever degree..... BUT.... Wouldn't chemically castrating yourself make you lose interest in having sex to an extreme degree? You'd basically be removing your balls! Seems to me that you'd then have almost no libido..... Not want to have sex? No sex drive? NONE? No sex? I'd rather be bald with a boner then have hair and a softie..... Actually, I'd sooner die before I'd consider such a thing.

Of course, that's because you're obviously a rational human being. Yeah, it kills your sex drive. In fact it is/was used as a punishment for rape etc. Not only that, but here are some of the side-effects it can cause:

Wikipedia said:
The use of Depo-Provera can cause several side effects including weight gain, fatigue, thromboembolism, malaise, hypertension, mild depression, hypoglycemia and rare changes in liver enzymes.

In addition to ethical concerns, chemical castration may increase blood pressure in males, sometimes to dangerous levels. Chemical castration may sometimes cause gynecomastia, a side effect that is sometimes treated with tamoxifen, a SERM. Other side effects, such as the formation of abnormal fat deposits in the liver, are being investigated

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
Wikipedia said:
The use of Depo-Provera can cause several side effects including weight gain, fatigue, thromboembolism, malaise, hypertension, mild depression, hypoglycemia and rare changes in liver enzymes.

In addition to ethical concerns, chemical castration may increase blood pressure in males, sometimes to dangerous levels. Chemical castration may sometimes cause gynecomastia, a side effect that is sometimes treated with tamoxifen, a SERM. Other side effects, such as the formation of abnormal fat deposits in the liver, are being investigated
[/quote]

So he'd be trading hair for tits and a softie..... lol.... well I guess he'd have to get a penile implant and liposuction..... and god only knows what else. Maybe he can become a pretty fierce drag queen or something to compensate.... but they wear wigs, so he'd kinda be back to the square one..... hmm..... I'll have to think on that more. Sorry I don't mean to make fun.... I know that hair loss is very emotional... it certainly is for me and it's just started, but this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I hate to say it, but it kinda makes me feel better. Is that bad? lol.