I think I've just cured it.

Hoppi

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Well done Hoppi - You've solved a problem that has effected mankind since the dawn of man in about 2 weeks. Who needs $billions in medical research. :bravo: :notworthy

ADMIN YOU MAY CLOSE THE FORUM NOW !!!!!!! :salut:

Can you try to solve the immortality problem next its pretty difficult might take you until about April I think.

Ps you were on her last night and now its 3.30 am and your still one here WTF!!!

yeah I admit I am simply plain addicted to the net at the moment!! lol

I've just been so hooked on this problem, plus I'm popping upstairs and downstairs as my friend is playing one of my favourite 360 games! And I'm making food! lol

But, I promise, this will cure male pattern baldness, for most people :)

And yes i DO have it. I swear, my hairline is receding visibly underneath my hair at the corners, I swear to you.

And I also SWEAR that I believe this will cure male pattern baldness :)

You can believe me, or you can not. But I challenge anyone to disprove this.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Nene said:
Wow. For thousands of years people have been trying to cure male pattern baldness through intense research, and Hoppi figured it out in a matter of weeks by chatting on a forum.
:smack:

LOL!

Mopless

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, there are people with that kind of lifestyle you are promoting who still have lost their hair, or are still losing. However, in general well being of health, I entirely agree that your suggested regime is good for anyone.

I myself have stopped drinking milk, and avoid cheese and other high dairy foods. I'm trying to cut down on meat, but it's not easy. And have been including burst training as my exercise every other day.

But again, I severely doubt this will cure hairloss.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Mopless said:
Well, there are people with that kind of lifestyle you are promoting who still have lost their hair

Yeah I know, that's why I posted this:

Hoppi said:
The only possible exception may be those with very, very sensitive hair follicles. For them I might recommend going on flax seeds / SDG early or even something mild to take the edge off the DHT too, like Ketaconazole (topical), beta-sitosterol or very mild finasteride. Other than that it should work for each and every person

Right I think now I'm FINALLY going to bed anyway! Man why do I get so hooked on the net? :)

EDIT!! As I've now indicated in my signature, I think there is a chance that this "irreversible" hair loss or "activation of the male pattern baldness gene" may be simply nothing more than slightly increased insulin resistance :) And you do realize that if I am correct on that, then this is CURED! lol :) I will look into this tomorrow, feel free 2research it too, even if you just want 2prove me wrong! Night! ^_^

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
I severely don't doubt it, as long as he sticks to a good, full regimen, just like any other treatment, results are soon to find their way to a nice mappy head af hair.

Here are some interesting new articles I stumbled upon...

Fitoterapia. 2010 Jan;81(1):17-24. Epub 2009 Jul 2.
The essential oils of Chamaecyparis obtusa promote hair growth through the induction of vascular endothelial growth factor gene.
Lee GS, Hong EJ, Gwak KS, Park MJ, Choi KC, Choi IG, Jang JW, Jeung EB.
Laboratory of Veterinary Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Veterinary Medicine and Research Institute of Veterinary Medicine, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk, 361-763, Republic of Korea.
Chamaecyparis obtusa (C. obtusa) is a conifer in the cypress family Cupressaceae, native to northeast Asia. The essential oils of C. obtusa have antibacterial and antifungal effects and several products such as hygienic bands, aromatics, and shampoos contain these oils as a natural source of antimicrobial/antifungal agents. Interestingly, some consumers suffering from baldness and/or other forms of hair loss have reported a hair growth promoting effect of shampoos containing these oils. In the present study, the hair growth promoting effect of C. obtusa oils was elucidated in an animal model. C. obtusa oils promoted the early phase of hair growth in shaved mice. In addition, we examined the molecular effect of C. obtusa oils on the regulation of hair morphogenesis and hair growth using the human keratinocyte cell line HaCaT. In the current study of hair growth regulating genes, the expressions of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), transforming growth factor (TGF beta 1), and keratinocyte growth factor(KGF) have been analyzed by real-time PCR in HaCaT cells. The essential oils of C. obtusa were divided into seven fractions for treatment of HaCaT cells. VEGF transcripts were induced by fractions 6 and 7; however, TGF beta 1 and KGF mRNA levels were unchanged by C. obtusa oils or fractions. Fraction 7 was separated into seven sub-fractions and studied further. Sub-fractions E and D significantly increased VEGF and KGF gene expression without up-regulating the hair growth inhibition factor, TGF beta 1. The components of the two sub-fractions were further analyzed by gas chromatography and mass spectrometry. Cuminol, eucarvone, and calamenene were common to these two sub-fractions, although the effects of these individual components were not determined. Taken together, these results suggest that C. obtusa oils promote hair growth in an animal model and a positive regulator of hair growth, VEGF, was induced by particular components of these oils.

Phytomedicine. 2000 Dec;7(6):529-36.
Investigation of topical application of procyanidin B-2 from apple to identify its potential use as a hair growing agent.
Kamimura A, Takahashi T, Watanabe Y.
Tsukuba Research Laboratories, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co., Ibaraki, Japan. ayako.kamimura@kyowa.co.jp
Procyanidin B-2 is a polyphenol compound we have identified in apple which acts as a hair-growing factor in the murine model both in vitro and in vivo. This report describes our investigation of the effects of 1% procyanidin B-2 tonic on human hair growth after sequential use for 6 months. A double-blind clinical test involving a total of 29 subjects was performed. Nineteen men in the procyanidin B-2 group and 10 men in the placebo control group were subjected to analyses. No adverse side effects were observed in either group. The hair-growing effect was evaluated using a macrophotography technique combined with measurements of the hair diameter of clipped hairs. The increase in number of total hairs in the designated scalp area (0.5 cm square = 0.25 cm2 area) of procyanidin B-2 group subjects after the 6-month trial was significantly greater than that of the placebo control group subjects (procyanidin B-2, 6.68 +/- 5.53 (mean +/- SD)/0.25 cm2; placebo, 0.08 +/- 4.56 (mean +/- SD)/0.25 cm2; P < 0.005, two-sample t test). The increase in number of terminal hairs, which are defined as hairs more than 60 microm in diameter, in the designated area (0.5 cm square = 0.25 cm2 area) of the procyanidin B-2 group subjects after the 6-month trial was significantly greater than that of the placebo control group subjects (procyanidin B-2, 1.99 +/- 2.58 (mean +/- SD)/0.25 cm2; placebo, -0.82 +/- 3.40 (mean +/- SD)/0.25 cm2; P < 0.02, two-sample t test). Procyanidin B-2 therapy shows potential as a safe and promising cure for male pattern baldness

J Cosmet Dermatol. 2008 Sep;7(3):199-204.
Effect of Cuscuta reflexa Roxb on androgen-induced alopecia.
Pandit S, Chauhan NS, Dixit VK.
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dr. Harisingh Gour University, Sagar, Madhya Pradesh, India.
BACKGROUND: Alopecia is a psychologically distressing condition. Androgenetic alopecia, which affects millions of men and women, is an androgen-driven disorder. Here, Cuscuta reflexa Roxb is evaluated for hair growth activity in androgen-induced alopecia. METHODS: Petroleum ether extract of C. reflexa was studied for its hair growth-promoting activity. Alopecia was induced in albino mice by testosterone administration for 20 days. Its inhibition by simultaneous administration of extract was evaluated using follicular density, anagen/telogen ratio, and microscopic observation of skin sections. To investigate the mechanism of observed activity, in vitro experiments were performed to study the effect of extract and its major component on activity of 5alpha-reductase enzyme. RESULTS: Petroleum ether extract of C. reflexa exhibited promising hair growth-promoting activity as reflected from follicular density, anagen/telogen ratio, and skin sections. Inhibition of 5alpha-reductase activity by extract and isolate suggest that the extract reversed androgen-induced alopecia by inhibiting conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone. CONCLUSIONS: The petroleum ether extract of C. reflexa and its isolate is useful in treatment of androgen-induced alopecia by inhibiting the enzyme 5alpha-reductase.

Nat Prod Res. 2009 Sep 16:1-12. [Epub ahead of print]
Effect of Citrullus colocynthis Schrad fruits on testosterone-induced alopecia.
Dhanotia R, Chauhan NS, Saraf DK, Dixit VK.
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dr H.S. Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar, India.
Alopecia is a psychologically distressing phenomenon. Androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia) is the most common form of alopecia, which affects millions of men and women worldwide, and is an androgen driven disorder. Here, the Citrullus colocynthis Schrad fruit is evaluated for hair growth activity in androgen-induced alopecia. Petroleum ether extract of C. colocynthis was applied topically for its hair growth-promoting activity. Alopecia was induced in albino mice by testosterone administration intramuscularly for 21 days. Its inhibition by simultaneous administration of extract was evaluated using follicular density, anagen/telogen (A/T) ratio and microscopic observation of skin sections. Finasteride (5alpha-reductase inhibitor) solution was applied topically and served as positive control. Petroleum ether extract of C. colocynthis exhibited promising hair growth-promoting activity, as reflected from follicular density, A/T ratio and skin sections. The treatment was also successful in bringing a greater number of hair follicles in anagenic phase than the standard finasteride. The result of treatment with 2 and 5% petroleum ether extracts were comparable to the positive control finasteride. The petroleum ether extract of C. colocynthis and its isolate is useful in the treatment of androgen-induced alopecia.

I have also found an article, which I attached along with this entry.

Just something to chew over, makes you wonder how many natural treatments do work, and how we are just finding out about them today...

SmileBam

Reaction score
Hoppi said:
People can believe me or not, I don't care. I know it's true.

And actually yes I do have male pattern baldness it's just in that pic you can't see it coz my hair is covering it lol - plus it was taken a couple of months ago anyway and it probably was fine then! :)

Ok all you do, is reduce dairy a LOT (these hit your IGF-1 levels, as they are designed to help things grow), reduce meat significantly (increases insulin), reduce sugar (insulin), don't go overboard on carbs or processed foods (insulin and IGF-1), reduce fat (insulin, and it pollutes the body, increases sebum etc), reduce soya (IGF-1), don't go overboard on alcohol too often either! Eat lots of fibre and basically an intelligent vegan diet, or as close as you feel comfortable with (although the closer the better of course!).

Additionally, smoking is not too helpful, so don't overdo that either if possible :)

Do regular exercise, but preferably in short bursts, steer clear of any endurance aerobic exercises like long distance jogging, or anything where you don't get breaks. This will balance your hormones and increase your SHBG.

IGF-1 and insulin both decrease SHBG, and the story goes on from there. By taking finasteride, you are merely hitting the LAST hormone in the chain, not tackling things at their SOURCE.

Yes, some people are more genetically susceptible than others, and that is why for a small pocket of people little fluctuations in their free testosterone will have an effect, so flax seeds help to keep that controlled, it also controls stress-related excess testosterone.

For an even smaller pocket of people their follicles will be too sensitive for even all THIS to help (because potentially even their base, lowest healthy T levels will be too high for the follicles), so they will probably need topical ketaconazole, mild finasteride or beta-sitosterol to just take the edge off the 5ar and protect the follicles further, as lowering testosterone anymore wouldn't be wise.

Anyway yeah as I say, it really is up to you guys if you believe me or not... but it IS correct! :)

http://www.immortalhair.org is a pretty good source of info regarding this, as is misterE! hehe! :)

My opinion doesn't quite match with misterE's or Brian Simonis', but it's fairly close!

This site seems pretty good too, misterE pointed me at it, it's probably got some good dietary pointers and information so I'll check it out more later! http://www.drmcdougall.com/

KANGA said:
Not just *ANY* exercise will do... it needs to be cardiovascular... AKA Running. Just lifting weights isn't gunna cut it. Cardio helps level insulin.

But if you don't like running... try P90X. Ever since starting it... I've been in much, much better shape. I can't comment about my hair yet, it hasn't been 90 days :p

Possibly - I can't pretend to be an expert on exercise techniques :) I do believe however that techniques that involve short bursts of exertion and then resting are better for the body: http://www.immortalhair.org/apps/blog/s ... -aerobics-

So that's something to bear in mind perhaps! :)
You're incredible!How old are you? :jackit: I hope you're just joking...if not,u just make a fool of yourself.

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
WRONG!!!

Eating pickles is actually the cure to hair loss.

I know. I can't believe it either.

But I was eating a pickle the other day and all of a sudden my hair follicles started to tingle. The next thing I knew hairs were sprouting up all over my head.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Ok then DISPROVE it. Instead of just insulting me without a shred of actual evidence that I'm wrong (which makes sense because there is SIGNIFICANTLY more evidence that says I'm right) then prove that the western diet and/or stress doesnt slightly increase insulin resistance, causing higher baseline insulin, causing lower SHBG, causing more T, causing it to react with more follicles.

You cant disprove it because it's TRUE. Whether this idea of the gene being activated is true or not, the above is true, as far as I can possibly tell.

PROVE. ME. WRONG. :)

Edit. "Estimates suggest that in Westernized countries 25-35 percent of the population have a degree of insulin resistance and the health consequences associated with this metabolic derangement."

http://www.chiro.org/nutrition/ABSTRACT ... ance.shtml

It's stuff like that which supports my theory, but I need to find more of it! :)

(of course it's only important to remember that this is the most likely root cause of a chain of hormones that increase free testosterone. Increasing your free testosterone in other ways (eg supplements or certain kinds of exercise) will have the same effect, but this is by far the most common, from what I can tell!)

If this is all true, the permanent cure for many people will involve supplements of certain things known and believed to lower insulin resistance (as well as the other treatments I said), such as Vitamin K. I believe that is what Brian Simonis does in some of his regimen here.

let-it-grow

Established Member
Reaction score
Singing songs in Romanian grow hairs!! Yes Hoppie, you don't believe me? PROVE ME WRONG THEN!

Since you cured your hair loss and turned off the gene like I just turned off my television you shouldn't be here anymore.

Hoppi

Reaction score
let-it-grow said:
Singing songs in Romanian grow hairs!! Yes Hoppie, you don't believe me? PROVE ME WRONG THEN!

Since you cured your hair loss and turned off the gene like I just turned off my television you shouldn't be here anymore.

I'm saying. That the gene activation theory... could be fantasy. I believe it's "activated" from birth, in those who have it. But it's only in your late teens that your androgen levels are mature enough for it to rear it's ugly head!

From that point on, it's probably (if I'm right) insulin, IGF-1, insulin resistance, INSANELY sensitive hair follicles or elevated testosterone levels / skewed sex hormone levels (usually a combination of the first 3).

let-it-grow

Established Member
Reaction score
You are wrong. If you cured your hair loss it means that you didn't male pattern baldness at the first place. I have to admit though, reading your posts are very entertaining to me.

Hoppi

Reaction score
let-it-grow said:
You are wrong. If you cured your hair loss it means that you didn't male pattern baldness at the first place. I have to admit though, reading your posts are very entertaining to me.

I will do experiments and try to prove it soon. Then with REAL evidence, maybe I'll have more chance of convincing people :)

moxsom

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi, you act as if male pattern baldness is a new phenomenon. Can you explain why some primate species in the wild still suffer from male pattern baldness with possibly better diets than any human?

Or why male pattern baldness exists in hunter gatherer tribes in remote areas of Africa? Why since the invention of writing have we seen tales of male pattern baldness?

SmileBam

Reaction score
let-it-grow said:

So i'm cured!We are all cured.Come to me people,i will teach you how to sing in romanian. :woot: Now seriosuly Hippi,i'm looking forward to your update of your regimen.It will be a BIG blow for you,if u really believe in this.

beaner

Reaction score
let-it-grow said:
Hoppi said:
I will do experiments and try to prove it soon. Then with REAL evidence, maybe I'll have more chance of convincing people :)
Are you high?

Hoppi

Reaction score
Watch me succeed :)

All you need are small supplements to increase your insulin sensitivity, such as Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Vitamin K and Chromium. I am still working out the best ones.

Flax seeds are again the VERY best, but unfortunately they also balance out sex hormone levels, which means it would be hard to pinpoint whether it was that or the affect on insulin sensitivity that was affecting male pattern baldness.

Like I say, I'll test it, and prove it to you - ok? :)

My plan is to get a group of individuals online and in reality, change their diets to the one I am suggesting, this will reduce their insulin levels to close to their individual "baseline" insulin levels. Regular but short anaerobic exercise is also good, such as PACE.

Then, the ALA, Vitamin K and Chromium (or a similar group of supplements) will increase their insulin sensitivity if it is too low, and lower their baseline insulin.

There will only be 2 groups that will not experience full regrowth of all competent hair follicles from this as a male pattern baldness treatment that I can think of. That is those with simply too much free testosterone, because of otherwise overactive T production. They will need to take flax seeds, or some other means of balancing their T and E levels. Further still, the other group are those with particularly sensitive follicles, those for which even low baseline insulin, IGF-1 and testosterone levels STILL result in loss of hair, or no regrowth. For them, they may require Nizoral, mild Finasteride or beta-sitosterol to aid their follicles by reducing their 5ar.

The reason why stress causes hair loss is probably because it too increases your insulin resistance (and your IGF-1, and possibly even your insulin). Therefore, lowering stress will also help.

I believe this is it.

Oh, footnote, for those sitting there going "No! It's DHT it's DHT!" :) i KNOW it's DHT, but I'm saying that if your free testosterone levels were lower, there would be less for your follicles to make dht FROM (a study online essentially proves this by giving men flax seeds daily. I believe the figures were 9 in 10 men experienced an improvement... it may have even been regrowth - I'll find it later). What I am outlining is how you lower your free testosterone levels at their source, healthily, naturally, and as mother nature intended! :)

Nene

Reaction score
You're NUTS. I can't take this anymore! Cassin close his account please!