I think I've just cured it.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Nene said:
You're NUTS. I can't take this anymore! Cassin close his account please!

lol don't worry this thread is basically finished, I think it's run it's course :)

Now it needs to be proven or disproven, so I'll put some volunteers together (including me - I'm going to drop Nizoral, beta-sitosterol, and every other 5ar reducer or direct treatment) and try it!

I mean ABSOLUTE worst case scenario, it turns out they still lose a little bit of hair, or don't experience regrowth. Their hair loss WILL slow down, as their free T levels will be reduced. But there is a (I believe fairly small) chance I am wrong on the gene activation/insulin resistance part of the theory. That is why it needs to be tested :)

heynow1234

Established Member
Reaction score
Ill believe the guy that appears to be smoking weed out of a hookah or something in his picture, rather then people with medical degrees who have been working for years on this. :jackit:

Who have you seen this work on?

No offense but you sound nuts bro. My uncle runs miles everyday and doesnt eat milk products, hes lactosse intolerant, and hes as bald as an eagle.

The only thing ill back you up on is that you may have hair loss, im def lossing my hair but if i comb it forward like you, its not as noticable.

Methos

Reaction score
Alright, I normally stay away from posting here but come on...

Hoppi you have only been here 2 1/2 weeks and have built a post count of over 400, hmmmmm. Also we can look through your posts and see

Week 1 - Hoppi is loosing his hair and does not know what to do.

Week 2 - Hoppi finds magic vitamins and all is great, he is regrowing hair.

Week 3 - Hoppi finds cure for hair loss and makes a thread that is over 5 pages in replies, again hmmm.

You stated before you would not post your pictures because you were "camera shy" even though they would have proved you vitamins worked but now your Avatar is YOUR PICTURE so now you are not camera shy???

I first thought that you might be a spammer of sorts but now think this is just good old fashion trolling.

I may be wrong here but I wanted to get this off my chest.

oofah

Reaction score
I didn't read thru the whole thread but I saw either in this forum or another, a link to a forum discussing flax seeds and it had a bunch of people who felt they had lost a lot of hair on flax, both men and women. If I find it I'll supply a link.

oofah

Reaction score
I just read thru more of this thread and there was talk of doing cardio for hair health. I'm only speaking for myself but for the past 3 years, especially last year, I noticed that over the winter my hair was getting thicker, less shedding/itching, but I decided to start running on weekends (2 x 30 min runs) and by Monday my scalp started to itch and within a week my shedding doubled!

I had a crapload of loss on the sides and back and it continued until Sept when I finally figured out what was happening and I stopped running. I don't know why this would be the case (for myself) but I've given up running altogether.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
This is just irresponsible of you. If you actually had a significant amount of hairloss to guage any actuall improvement by your regimen then that would be one thing. If someone who doesn't have male pattern baldness told me that a regimen of ciggarettes and masturbation would cure baldness because it worked for him then can't you see how that would be an unreliable source of information? I realize your intentions are good and you just want to help but you are actually insulting those of us who are inflicted. Please stop with this nonsense!

Hoppi

Reaction score
I don't care if people believe me or not. But IGF-1 and insulin levels lower SHBG, that lifts testosterone which makes more DHT. Dairy, meat, simple carbs, sugar, fat raise your insulin and your insulin resistance.

If your baseline insulin is too high, you WILL bald if it's too much for your follicles (and they are genetically susceptible).

If you are eating too many foods that increase your insulin, same deal.

You need to reduce your insulin, reduce your IGF-1 (diet and exercise), and then, aside from baseline testosterone or SHBG levels being actually ABNORMAL, or particularly sensitive hair follicles (the percentage of those with them is probably very low), vitamin K, chromium and anything to lower your insulin resistance will finish off your hair loss for GOOD (as long as you stick vaguely to the outlined diet and exercise regime).

I know you think I'm wrong. But can you imagine if I'm right? :)

Disprove me scientifically, I dare you :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
To prove I have mild male pattern hair loss:

Attachments

• DSC_00149.jpg
    DSC_00149.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 473
  • DSC_00150.jpg
    DSC_00150.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 456
  • DSC_00151.jpg
    DSC_00151.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 381
  • DSC_00152.jpg
    DSC_00152.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 447

moxsom

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:

Explain to me why some primate species bald, when they have diets similar to the one you are speaking of.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I'm not seeing much in the way of hairloss, you'll have to get othetrs to try and prove your theory, as your loss looks age related, not male pattern baldness.

Hoppi

Reaction score
moxsom said:
Hoppi said:

Explain to me why some primate species bald, when they have diets similar to the one you are speaking of.

Their follicles are probably particularly sensitive. Or they have abnormally high testosterone levels. Basically, the two categories I outlined :)

To be honest I don't know, I've never studied the specifics of primate balding lol

You would need to actually disprove my theory by explaining somehow how insulin and IGF-1 don't affect SHBG levels, and how that doesn't affect sex hormone levels. And why western diet won't stand a chance of increasing your insulin resistance.

You will find it is impossible.

Sorry dude :)

Boondock

Reaction score
*Yawn*

As much as I don't want to rise to your trolling, I just can't help posting here. If you think it's funny to rip on people who are balding, you need to go f*ck yourself. Making up accounts on an internet forum in an attemt to goad people is just f*cking lame. And yes, I know I've been goaded here. Well done.

Parody accounts are fun for a while but get old really quickly.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
I'm not seeing much in the way of hairloss, you'll have to get othetrs to try and prove your theory, as your loss looks age related, not male pattern baldness.

it's still almost definitely DHT-related hair loss (ie essentially male pattern baldness), I have spoken to my doctor about it and studied it pretty closely. I also have some diffuse thinning I believe.

Besides, my own hair loss is largely irrelevant, this theory is not just for me, it's for male pattern baldness in general.

Boondock said:
*Yawn*

As much as I don't want to rise to your trolling, I just can't help posting here. If you think it's funny to rip on people who are balding, you need to go f*ck yourself. Making up accounts on an internet forum in an attemt to goad people is just f*cking lame. And yes, I know I've been goaded here. Well done.

Parody accounts are fun for a while but get old really quickly.

Boondock I don't want to make you angry man - I like you I think you're cool ._.

But this is my HONEST opinion, it's my view, and I believe there is a high chance it is true. If you don't agree that's fine, but don't think it's anything other than my genuine view on male pattern baldness and it's causes.

Boondock

Reaction score
Have you thought about setting up a website and selling your products? You could even sell an ebook with your advice?

Hoppi

Reaction score
Boondock said:
Have you thought about setting up a website and selling your products? You could even sell an ebook with your advice?

There really isn't much to sell. Just a small group of supplements. The rest is down to the individual. There is a chance that Brian Simonis' regimen might work without dietary changes: http://www.immortalhair.org/mycurrentregimen.htm

I'm not sure, I haven't looked into it enough.

And oops did my thread just break phpbb a second ago? Sorry about that! lol :)

moxsom

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
moxsom said:
Hoppi said:

Their follicles are probably particularly sensitive. Or they have abnormally high testosterone levels. Basically, the two categories I outlined :)

To be honest I don't know, I've never studied the specifics of primate balding lol

You would need to actually disprove my theory by explaining somehow how insulin and IGF-1 don't affect SHBG levels, and how that doesn't affect sex hormone levels. And why western diet won't stand a chance of increasing your insulin resistance.

You will find it is impossible.

Sorry dude :)

Whats if I proved to you that IGF-1 was essential for hair growth and actually promoted hair growth more than most growth factors?

Hoppi

Reaction score
Boondock said:
I think an ebook could work wonders. You could distribute your advice to the masses, and only for $5 or so! Everyone could afford it! lol

This is quite a good website format: http://adsense-secrets.com/

I am definitely considering it! That brought quite a smile to my face! Maybe I'll do it! :)

I wanna try it on me and a couple of other people first though lol

Besides I can't take full credit if it does turn out to be correct, it's partly Brian Simonis and misterE, it's like... an amalgamation of lots of views and my own research online ^_^

I can say though that I did suspect a fair bit of this before I even joined HairLossTalk.com! heh :)

moxsom said:
Whats if I proved to you that IGF-1 was essential for hair growth and actually promoted hair growth more than most growth factors?

I'm sure it does. I'm sure it promotes growth of almost EVERYTHING. Unfortunately it also lowers SHBG, just like insulin does. :p

Additionally, I am also talking about it and insulin in EXCESS (in most cases).