i think i just saw my second first norwood 7 guy under 30

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's so weird that some people end up as NW7 in their 20s and others remain NW1 in their 90s.

Also man it is such a stupid shitty thing that male pattern baldness has to go all the way to NW7, if it had to exist and we had to lose significant amounts of hair it could have at least been kind enough to stop at NW3-4.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is absolutely no way you only seen 2 guys under 30 with nw7. Im sure you have seen much more.
By 30 it is definitely not that rare to find completely bald guys
its kinda is though. below 3% of population in that age group for sure

Notdifferent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i've never noticed hair loss before these forums but recently i couldn't help but pay attention and i see hair loss everywhere. it's really not rare at all

what amazes me is that people in this forum think everyone looks at hair loss the same way as they do when in reality nobody rly notices or gives a f*** unless they're obsessed with hair.

some ppl like ppl watching but you all like norwood spotting, rly think it's a hobby and an obsession to a lot of u

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
i've never noticed hair loss before these forums but recently i couldn't help but pay attention and i see hair loss everywhere. it's really not rare at all

what amazes me is that people in this forum think everyone looks at hair loss the same way as they do when in reality nobody rly notices or gives a f*** unless they're obsessed with hair.

some ppl like ppl watching but you all like norwood spotting, rly think it's a hobby and an obsession to a lot of u
Cmon man, if baldness didn't matter we wouldn't be on this forum.

They notice it subconsciously lol

They can possibly perceive the guy as less attractive, older looking, weaker, even associate him with negative personality traits.. they just aren't able to put it in words.

Not to mention that some people still think that balding happens due to a lack of self care.

If anything it's better to be like most of us and know that it's just a stupid hormonal+genetic condition and be able to overlook it when we observe the person.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not to mention that some people still think that balding happens due to a lack of self care.
That annoys the hell out of me. And it is mostly women who believe this too. They think men go bald because they either fap too much, don't shampoo or shower, or have a poor diet. Although poor nutrition can possibly contribute to hair loss, it is entirely based on bad luck. And I kinda wish women experienced hair loss as much as men did because then the stigma behind it would be gone.

ImKaratekid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
its kinda is though. below 3% of population in that age group for sure
No way. I dont know the percentage but definitely more than 3%.
Besides, are you talking only about nw7? because what's the difference between nw7 to nw6 or nw5? or even nw4 (nw4a)? at that point anyway you already bald and should buzz it all to zero, why is it even matter?

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Besides, are you talking only about nw7? because what's the difference between nw7 to nw6 or nw5? or even nw4 (nw4a)? at that point anyway you already bald and should buzz it all to zero, why is it even matter?
he was legit norwood 7, bald at the backside of his head too.

ImKaratekid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nw5 + finasteride + transplant = decent hair
Nw6 + transplant = rat nest
Nw7 = deth
Ok then, you talking about POTENTIAL, but look wise its the same. having potential is good, but its not like the average balding dude going for a transplant, far from it, this is super rare, and the truth is that most guys just get used to their baldness and continue with their life.
So I assume whoever he saw with nw7 would just stay bald either way.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You know you are obsessed with hair loss when it really matters to you when people get the different Norwood patterns confused. Some guys haven't even memorized the alternate balding pics in the series. Transgender people are obsessed with the Tanner scales and always want everyone to tell them what Tanner stage they are at. I am always like, well, if you have to ask, it's not good! It's like jabbing that ruler into your abdomen as far as possible so that things measure out to four and seven eights inches when everybody knows that adds and inch or more to the measurement.

Chicks know about this now so never measure in front of them or they will call you on it for cheating when you measure. When sh*t is big, like tits, who measures anyway? People just know. So for all of you really bald guys out there, I woudn't worry too much about women noticing. They won't notice you at all. They will just look right past you so they probably aren't looking at your hair piece or bald spot, just the guy with hair standing behind you.

Last edited:

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cmon man, if baldness didn't matter we wouldn't be on this forum.

They notice it subconsciously lol

They can possibly perceive the guy as less attractive, lolder looking, weaker, even associate him with negative personality traits.. they just aren't able to put it in words.

If anything it's better to be like most of us and know that it's just a stupid hormonal+genetic condition and be able to overlook it when we observe the person.
The self care statement is so true. Most people still believe that hair loss is down to stress levels, lifestyle choices, diets etc. Again making men who suffer from it easily and instantly perceived as being less attractive due to the fact they don't take care of themselves.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
While I was waiting in line for a covid test, I saw a young guy in front of me who was Norwood 7 + aggressive DUPA.

His whole horseshoe was diffused and he had just a weak outline of hair, and the crown almost dipped completely back toward his neck.

First time I ever saw such aggressive hair loss so young, was very scary.

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a guy at work who's in his early 20's with a norwood 7 fully formed. He has zero personality and I think I've heard him speak twice in my life bare in mind I've worked with him for almost a year. His hair loss is definitely at the root of this. He's like a 60 year old man in a 24 year olds body.. no sense of humour, no social life or confidence just simply existing.