I think Gene Editing Therapy (CRISPR) could release a treatment/cure for Male Patterned Balding before Even Tsuji or Stemson and at a far cheaper pric

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jeez, this sounds like an enormous improvement for CRISPR:

"Protein tweak makes CRISPR gene editing 4,000 times less error-prone"
So far, SuperFi-Cas9 has only been tested in DNA in test tubes but the researchers next plan to demonstrate it for gene-editing in living cells.

Not tested on human cells.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's still early days. How many game changing companies do you know that got everything right instantly without any bumps along the way? Not that many. The hairloss industry is a great example of how it's extremely difficult to get it right on the first attempt, but we all still wish they don't give up because of a few bumps in the road.

Given that this only started a few years ago, and is a massive project, it's only fair to give it at least a decade or two for further development before passing judgment. Many innovative government plans take even longer to perfect than just a handful of years.

"It's the early days" doesn't cover it. The idea has very simple obvious practical problems.

FFS, the cars in those tunnels are rolling on rubber street tires instead of rail tracks.

The Boring Company refutes a few things on their site, including any comparisons to a subway: “Loop is an express public transportation system that resembles an underground highway more than a subway system. If a subway line had 100 stops, a train would typically stop at each station, so the trip between Stop 1 and Stop 100 would be long. In contrast, Loop passengers travel directly to their destination, anywhere between Stop 1 to Stop 100, without stopping at the intermediate stations.”

Q. Why don't we build normal highways that only have one entry/exit ramp?

A. Because we don't build a whole single-purpose road for a small handful of users and then claim it will reduce traffic. That would be idiotic and/or crooked.

But hey, Elon has "re-invented" something, right? Isn't that what's really important? Practical outcomes are secondary. It's time for Elon to "move on to the next challenge". He is the all-important idea man. He has already gotten the benefits out of this one (fueling the image of the billionaire genius. Good publicity for the brand. Etc.) Then it's time to hand the project off to other little people to "develop it" (read: try to clean up the impractical mess).

Funny you should call Elon Musk an idiot when he has only started the Boring Company a few years ago, and yet he is the one with exponentially more companies than you have that are massively successful (if you even have any companies), he is also working on far more things than you will ever achieve in your life, and he is far richer than every person on earth, and you, even if you had to live 100 years longer.

So before we start name calling, let's take a second to remember who we're talking about here.

Elon Musk was not exactly born poor. And he has not gotten where he is without other people's money. Including a lot of taxpayer money.

The world currently has a broken economic system where wealth concentration is out of control. Musk, Bezos, the Walton family, etc. Are you childish enough to believe that hard work & competence alone will get you there? To amounts like they have?

Musk does have some competence & hard work going for him. Some. But that only gets you millions of dollars. Getting billions of dollars requires more than that. It takes major assistance from other factors like economic circumstances, laws, timing, and sheer luck.

Last edited:

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"It's the early days" doesn't cover it. The idea has very simple obvious practical problems.

FFS, the cars in those tunnels are rolling on rubber street tires instead of rail tracks.

A. Because we don't build a whole single-purpose road for a small handful of users and then claim it will reduce traffic. That would be idiotic and/or crooked.

But hey, Elon has "re-invented" something, right? Isn't that what's really important? Practical outcomes are secondary. It's time for Elon to "move on to the next challenge". He is the all-important idea man. He has already gotten the benefits out of this one (fueling the image of the billionaire genius. Good publicity for the brand. Etc.) Then it's time to hand the project off to other little people to "develop it" (read: try to clean up the impractical mess).

Elon Musk was not exactly born poor. And he has not gotten where he is without other people's money. Including a lot of taxpayer money.

The world currently has a broken economic system where wealth concentration is out of control. Musk, Bezos, the Walton family, etc. Are you childish enough to believe that hard work & competence alone will get you there? To amounts like they have?

Musk does have some competence & hard work going for him. Some. But that only gets you millions of dollars. Getting billions of dollars requires more than that. It takes major assistance from other factors like economic circumstances, laws, timing, and sheer luck.
Well said. Elon didn't do anything that wouldn't naturally happen, with or without him.

Private companies exploring the space, better electric cars, global internet. All that was already in motion way before him. He had a good advertising group. He probably just sped up the situation. If Elon hadn't moved a finger, someone else would.

He explores really risky markets. This calls a lot of attention.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude. Some of his achievements are nice but there is no discussion when we talk to a fanboy.

You need to open the Church of Elon Musk if it doesn't exist already. You have a lot of faith in him.

You can call it whatever name you want to call it, I'm simply stating facts.

Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

As I already mentioned, it's far too early to be passing judgment. His aim with this was not to change the whole world, not everything he does needs to. Not like everything most people do in this world is for the change of the entire world.

He saw a problem and he found a solution. It's not perfect right now for everyone, but it's a good idea to prevent people from having to stop continuously at every train station before reaching their final destination.

Also, Elon Musk does not have to do any of the hard calculations or physical labor for him to be deemed having played a great role in the company. Look at literally almost every single major company, the CEO makes managerial decisions and has employees doing the heavy lifting, that's how it has always been. It does not take any credit away from him. It was his idea and his ability to bring a strong team together and manage it is no easy task. So not sure what your point is there.

Also, "He WaSn'T bOrN pOoR", okay so?? That literally doesn't mean anything. There's no doubt he was genius level even as a kid. Look at his accomplishments. He definitely isn't normal.

It's crazy how some of you think you know him so well when ya'll really seem to know so little.

Furthermore, he got to the top by pure hard work, he literally did not have any handouts, he was bullied all through school, beaten up as a kid at school, he went through mental break downs especially during his adult life, failed marriages, went broke several times, slept in his car, doesn't even have his own home, lived in his office, borrowed money for rent because he invested everything he had into his business ideas, worked longer hours than anyone and made more sacrifices than anyone, suffered major failures and was on the brink of shutting down SpaceX, had people in the industry even his heros tell him he should stop and offered no help, and you want to tell me he got some handouts and want to take credit away from him? No damn way.

Also, it's his money, he literally does not have to do anything about the wealth gap. He did not make other people poor like Jeff Bezos. You cannot compare the two. He worked his *** off for everything he has.

Also, he became a billionaire because he has may companies, started with selling PayPal for over $100 million, it's not that hard to reach a billion with that much of capital from his own hard work.

In terms of tax payer money, you do realize he paid the biggest tax payment than any other American in HISTORY of $11 BILLION.

He would have gotten exactly where he is, a billionaire, even if he was always paying tax.

Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well said. Elon didn't do anything that wouldn't naturally happen, with or without him.

Private companies exploring the space, better electric cars, global internet. All that was already in motion way before him. He had a good advertising group. He probably just sped up the situation. If Elon hadn't moved a finger, someone else would.

He explores really risky markets. This calls a lot of attention.

This is the worst take I've ever heard, lol.

Do you even know what his achievements are? Clearly not if that's what you think.

Who else was going to invent something similar to PayPal? It's easy to say in hindsight after PayPal already was established by Elon Musk.

His accomplishments in Space Exploration was never going to happen by anyone else, he literally reduced the price of rockets massively, and also the stuff his doing with rockets even NASA could only dream about it. NASA has been around for ages before SpaceX, they had all that time to come up with it, but didn't, so let's not over exaggerate competitors ability.

Also, Elon Musk literally popularized EV's, he also saved Tesla from the dust to making it the most profitable vehicle company by far.

Better EV's? His Teslas have the best safety ratings, their faster than competitors and his aim is to reduce price of them. Not to mention the super fast charging capabilities and how long the batteries last. Hard to say there's better EV's.

Also, Starlink is obviously on a different level of elite. As I said before, it's easy to say other companies would have done it, but not realizing they stole the idea from him, many people didn't even think about doing it until Elon Musk started the trend, just like how Jeff Bezos started Space flights too.

This also is the reason Elon Musk is arguably the most influential person on the planet. If you follow the crypto market, you will know that he is thee king when it comes to influence. He just tweets something or gives an emoji/hint and he is able to cause massive surges or dumps in the crypto market. He does not have any marketing for that. That is simply him typing a single emoji on Twitter, that's the power he has.

Also, you just said he explored risky markets? If you're referring to Crypto, you should remember that he always advised people to be cautious, just like stocks there's good and bad.

The potential good for crypto is massive, even just today, Janet Yellen says Biden's crypto executive order supports 'responsible innovation'.

Last edited:

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who else was going to invent something similar to PayPal?

I would call Paypal a completely predictable development, considering the circumstances of the time.

Better EV's? His Teslas have the best safety ratings, their faster than competitors and his aim is to reduce price of them. Not to mention the super fast charging capabilities and how long the batteries last. Hard to say there's better EV's.

Tesla? The tech was there. Modern batteries + modern brushless motors. It was totally a matter of time. And Musk has benefited from massive govt subsidies to make all that profit.

Safety? Don't make me laugh. Those cars have that reckless self-driving feature. The airline industry has already figured out what is the safest approach for software to assist humans driving large machines. Guess what? The Tesla self-driving setup is basically the opposite of it. (But Tesla's setup is such a good sales gimmick! It's so MARKETABLE!)

Tesla has gotten away with it so far because they are mostly an expensive techie brand. Their owners are responsible types who don't drive a lot by US standards. Most of the cars are less than 15 years old, well-maintained, and living in well-mapped areas. Etc.

Ford, Toyota, Honda . . they are selling to the entire public. They don't have the luxury of selling a reckless self-driving system like Tesla's. The drawbacks would cause too many crashes and land them in court.

This also is the reason Elon Musk is arguably the most influential person on the planet. If you follow the crypto market, you will know that he is thee king when it comes to influence. He just tweets something or gives an emoji/hint and he is able to cause massive surges or dumps in the crypto market. He does not have any marketing for that. That is simply him typing a single emoji on Twitter, that's the power he has.

When Donald Trump was president, he could easily launch or tank a stock price with a tweet. (Was it because he's a genius? He once suggested nuking a hurricane.) Trump had all that market influence because he was in power. Like Elon with his money & companies.

Elon is not a genius inventor. He's mostly a slick marketer. He is good at exploiting systems & laws that need updating. Get over it.

Last edited:

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the worst take I've ever heard, lol.

Do you even know what his achievements are? Clearly not if that's what you think.

Who else was going to invent something similar to PayPal? It's easy to say in hindsight after PayPal already was established by Elon Musk.

His accomplishments in Space Exploration was never going to happen by anyone else, he literally reduced the price of rockets massively, and also the stuff his doing with rockets even NASA could only dream about it. NASA has been around for ages before SpaceX, they had all that time to come up with it, but didn't, so let's not over exaggerate competitors ability.

Also, Elon Musk literally popularized EV's, he also saved Tesla from the dust to making it the most profitable vehicle company by far.

Also, Starlink is obviously on a different level of elite. As I said before, it's easy to say other companies would have done it, but not realizing they stole the idea from him, many people didn't even think about doing it until Elon Musk started the trend, just like how Jeff Bezos started Space flights too.

Also, you just said he explored risky markets? If you're referring to Crypto, you should remember that he always advised people to be cautious, just like stocks there's good and bad.

The potential good for crypto is massive, even just today, Janet Yellen says Biden's crypto executive order supports 'responsible innovation'.
@coolio Already answered you in my behalf.

"Who else was going to invent something similar to PayPal?"

OMG

PayPal. Tesla. Space X. There were similar approaches all over the globe. If he hadn't done anything someone would. Boeing, Airbus. Any company that build cars. Any financial agent that uses the internet.

Elon has an good eye for a lot of stuff. That is one of his accomplishments. But that tech already existed. You are comparing that with new technologies which we have no idea if they will ever be possible. You are speculating miraculous advancements in those fields basically because he is a rich guy that has cool companies.

Dude. You are a fanboy. It is like telling an Apple fanboy that an Android phone can be better. It is not a racional dialogue.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This thread is not about Elon. And he doesn’t give a sh*t about hair loss. Otherwise, he will invest in some company.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Elon cared enough about his own hair loss to get thousands of grafts transplanted.

I saw a magazine cover photo him a couple years ago and I couldn't help but notice the grafted hairline. Older pictures confirm it too. He had major frontal loss when he was pretty young.

Last edited:

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
Elon cared enough about his own hair loss to get thousands of grafts transplanted.

I saw a magazine cover photo him a couple years ago and I couldn't help but notice the grafted hairline. Older pictures confirm it too. He had major frontal loss when he was pretty young.
Caring about his own hair loss and caring about your hair loss is a completely different story.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

The hair transplant failed its a wig now

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The hair transplant failed its a wig now

You sure?

In the older pics of him I only remember seeing front/top loss. If he didn't have major loss in the crown then that is totally fixable with transplants.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The argument that "it looks too good to be a transplant" does not apply to Elon. He only needed about 3 Norwoods of reversal, he has ludicrous money, and he is smart & connected enough to use top doctors from the start.

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if Elon just transplanted (stole) hair from someone else's head

Tbh I'd do that. I'd bully some NW0 nerd into giving me his hair