I think Gene Editing Therapy (CRISPR) could release a treatment/cure for Male Patterned Balding before Even Tsuji or Stemson and at a far cheaper pric

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hahahah o really? so when can I buy my new body and transfer my mind on it?
When it's available which I don't know the date, but probably within this decade if I'd had to guess. But going by the success rate of Elon Musk in terms of when he says he'll do something crazy, he pretty much always achieves what he aims at, so I'd say it's probably going to happen. That's regarding the mind transfer. I'm not sure about body transfer.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When it's available which I don't know the date, but probably within this decade if I'd had to guess. But going by the success rate of Elon Musk in terms of when he says he'll do something crazy, he pretty much always achieves what he aims at, so I'd say it's probably going to happen. That's regarding the mind transfer. I'm not sure about body transfer.
so we will be able to transer our mind to another body within this decade..........

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But going by the success rate of Elon Musk in terms of when he says he'll do something crazy, he pretty much always achieves what he aims at,

Are you kidding? He's got a long list of failed predictions & claims.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you kidding? He's got a long list of failed predictions & claims.

No, I'm very serious. You're looking at a list of a few "failures" which is far overshadowed by his mighty list of achievements and disruptive technology. He is a true pioneer, no doubt.

Even just one of his achievements warrants faith in his ability to achieve more great things. His past achievements coupled with the fact that he is literally one of the most rich men on Earth + one of the true geniuses of our time + one of the most influential people in the world hands down and his ability to attract great talent leaves very little room for doubt.

That's a lot more than I can say for most people on earth.

Not only that, most of the "failures" werent really failures, but just plans that took a bit longer than expected.

He is at the cutting edge of technology in probably more massive fields than most people.

1) SpaceX - Space Exploration, beat even NASA in multiple ways
2) Tesla - the highest level of self driving cars
3) Tesla - soon to release the Tesla Robot
4) Tesla - Fastest Charging Battery
5) Tesla - World's Safest Vehicles
6) Tesla - Electric Vehicles (making it popular)
7) Starlink
8) Solar City
9) Neuralink
10) PayPal

Safe to say, he's been busy so I'm pretty sure being a little delayed now and then is pretty acceptable. Delays and time frames aren't of importance when it comes to Elon Musk, most often just him putting any effort into something at all, results in good things, especially since he usually only gives up on a goal once it's achieved.

Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jeez, this sounds like an enormous improvement for CRISPR:

"Protein tweak makes CRISPR gene editing 4,000 times less error-prone"

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What the hell are you talking about? You guys know that mind transferring is not magic, right? It is not a Hollywood movie or a cartoon where you soul leaves your body to occupy another body.

To scan a person's brain you need a living person. Before and after the scanning. There is no reason for you to die. Then maybe we can simulate our thoughts in a computer. If this is simulation is an actual consciousness is open to phylosophical discussion. Simulations as far as we know are not the real thing. And this will work only If there are nothing more to consciousness. Consciousness may be related to deeper and subtler aspects of physics and biology. And again: you would not die. Your digital version would live and so would your body.

Our best chance to live on as a machine is that which ppl are exploring right now: merge the human brain and body with technological equipment. Then MAYBE our biology and the technology will become so intertwined that we won't be able to separate humans from the machines. Our biological body would die, but our mechanicals parts would live on. Elon's work explore this direction. But not only him is working to achieve that. He is not a genius God. This is what we MIGHt achieve in our lifetime.

And you guys are talking about decades when most scientists talk about centuries. We don't know sh*t about our brain and consciousness. We don't even know the basics. We can see in the microscope what a neuron is made of but how the hell a bunch of neurons can generate sounds, images, smells? The truth? We don't know.

Maybe it will be possible to transplant our brain in another body in the future. I don't know. Probably. But not in this life.

Last edited:

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We are probably building the steps for a future when all this will be possible, but you want nuclear power stations when we just discovered the atom. Remember that this website exist for more than a decade already and we are still hoping for someone to grow some hair in our heads properly.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What the hell are you talking about? You guys know that mind transferring is not magic, right? It is not a Hollywood movie or a cartoon where you soul leaves your body to occupy another body.

To scan a person's brain you need a living person. Before and after the scanning. There is no reason for you to die. Then maybe we can simulate our thoughts in a computer. If this is simulation is an actual consciousness is open to phylosophical discussion. Simulations as far as we know are not the real thing. And this will work only If there are nothing more to consciousness. Consciousness may be related to deeper and subtler aspects of physics and biology. And again: you would not die. Your digital version would live and so would your body.

Our best chance to live on as a machine is that which ppl are exploring right now: merge the human brain and body with technological equipment. Then MAYBE our biology and the technology will become so intertwined that we won't be able to separate humans from the machines. Our biological body would die, but our mechanicals parts would live on. Elon's work explore this direction. But not only him is working to achieve that. He is not a genius God. This is what we MIGHt achieve in our lifetime.

And you guys are talking about decades when most scientists talk about centuries. We don't know sh*t about our brain and consciousness. We don't even know the basics. We can see in the microscope what a neuron is made of but how the hell a bunch of neurons can generate sounds, images, smells? The truth? We don't know.

Maybe it will be possible to transplant our brain in another body in the future. I don't know. Probably. But not in this life.

Not sure who you're replying to, but no one said mind transfer is magic. I am referring to Neuralink which is what Elon Musk and his company is working on. And he is a Genius, by all definitions, whether it be based on IQ tests or his achievements. No one said anything about him being a God.

How many other people do you know that achieved as many cutting edge things in as many different fields as him? If that alone doesn't deem someone as genius Status, then I don't know what would. There are many geniuses in the world currently, not all are scientists, they are geniuses in their fields of expertise, like Messi in Football, LeBron James, musical geniuses, chef geniuses, etc. And anyone that is able to become the richest person in the entire world and think they cannot be considered a genius is actually delusional. You don't become the richest person in the world by accident or luck. You have to be a genuis in some way to be richer than all ~ 8 billion people on earth, obviously.

Sure he may take much longer than a decade for Neuralink to work as planned maybe even 2 decades but I definitely don't think it will take a century or centuries.

Judging by the sheer amount of tech advancements by Elon Musk, I wouldn't say it's impossible for him to achieve it within this decade, a beta version at the very least.

Also, this website has been around for a long time, but we also have more hairloss companies working on hairloss than ever before, Approximately 40. There's also more hairloss treatments in clinical trials than ever before, some are very close to release. For example, Kintors Pyrilutamide and Breezula set to release to market next year, HairClone potentially to be released by EOY 2022 or in 2023, even HMI-115 is in Phase 2 for Androgenetic Alopecia which everyone has seen produce drastic hair regrowth in the gold standard macaque which is as close to human representation as you're going to get.

You cannot use the timeline of the past to determine the future, it is not linear, it is exponential.

Last edited:

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You simply lost all credibility here by saying "probably within this decade". You clearly just know about it due to all the hype around it, and have no idea what you are actually talking about. If were lucky Neuralink will help people with paralysis by the end of the decade. Mind transfer? Please.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You simply lost all credibility here by saying "probably within this decade". You clearly just know about it due to all the hype around it, and have no idea what you are actually talking about. If were lucky Neuralink will help people with paralysis by the end of the decade. Mind transfer? Please.

No, wrong. I've been following this for a long time. Also, the money and resources that Elon Musk has as the richest person in the world* as well as his reputation and ability to recruit the best in the world talent, already puts him at a greatly accelerated advantage compared to all other competitors working in the space. So you cannot compare Neuralinks timeline to that of the rest of the average competitors.

Elon Musk predicted in 2019 Neuralink will be available by 2021 (for clinical trials) but of course there was a global Covid pandemic and pretty much all technological advancements across the globe got delayed by a few years. He has since predicted that 2022 will be the year of the start of a clinical trial where he will first implant this tech into humans.

I gave him till end of this decade, but obviously that was based on ideal situations, with factors like the tension with Russia and a potential WW3 which is completely unforseen, just like the inconvenience of Covid, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a few more years longer than the end of this decade at least.

Elon Musk' Neuralink has begun recruiting for a clinical trial director, bringing it one step closer to developing technology that could connect the human mind directly to devices. It shows how serious he is about this.

So far, as of April 2021, Neuralink has released a video of a monkey with a Neuralink device playing pong.

Last edited:

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure who you're replying to, but no one said mind transfer is magic. I am referring to Neuralink which is what Elon Musk and his company is working on. And he is a Genius, by all definitions, whether it be based on IQ tests or his achievements. No one said anything about him being a God.

How many other people do you know that achieved as many cutting edge things in as many different fields as him? If that alone doesn't deem someone as genius Status, then I don't know what would. There are many geniuses in the world currently, not all are scientists, they are geniuses in their fields of expertise, like Messi in Football, LeBron James, musical geniuses, chef geniuses, etc. And anyone that is able to become the richest person in the entire world and think they cannot be considered a genius is actually delusional. You don't become the richest person in the world by accident or luck. You have to be a genuis in some way to be richer than all ~ 8 billion people on earth, obviously.

Sure he may take much longer than a decade for Neuralink to work as planned maybe even 2 decades but I definitely don't think it will take a century or centuries.

Judging by the sheer amount of tech advancements by Elon Musk, I wouldn't say it's impossible for him to achieve it within this decade, a beta version at the very least.

Also, this website has been around for a long time, but we also have more hairloss companies working on hairloss than ever before, Approximately 40. There's also more hairloss treatments in clinical trials than ever before, some are very close to release. For example, Kintors Pyrilutamide and Breezula set to release to market next year, HairClone potentially to be released by EOY 2022 or in 2023, even HMI-115 is in Phase 2 for Androgenetic Alopecia which everyone has seen produce drastic hair regrowth in the gold standard macaque which is as close to human representation as you're going to get.

You cannot use the timeline of the past to determine the future, it is not linear, it is exponential.
I was talking about your comments. Like @Tom4362 said, your arguments are based on hype and not actual achievements in the field. You wrote four paragraphs to make it clear that you are a fan of Elon's work. Cool. So am I. It doesn't change anything that I said. Elon is not the first guy to make a projetc and recruit the best of the best. Similar initiatives have been done and failed miserably. Sometimes our scientific knowledge is just not there yet. And you are thinking not of one step ahead, but more likely 50 steps ahead.

To make a parallel for you, right now, with our current technology, the question of "how do our brain works" is closer to the question "where does the universe come from" than "how does gravity work". With Elon or not, the understanding of our brain is considered one of the final frontiers of science. The pinnacle of our civilization. It will take years and the effort of all humanity to understand our brain.

IF Elon helps, like @Tom4362 said, people with paralysis by the end of the decade, it will be already a colossal achievment.

Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was talking about your comments. Like @Tom4362 said, your arguments are based on hype and not actual achievements in the field. You wrote four paragraphs to make it clear that you are a fan of Elon's work. Cool. So am I. It doesn't change anything that I said.

To make a parallel for you, right now, with our current technology, the question of "how do our brain works" is closer to the question "where does the universe come from" than "how does gravity work". With Elon or not, the understanding of our brain is considered one of the final frontiers of science. The pinnacle of our civilization. It will take years and the effort of all humanity to understand our brain.

IF Elon helps, like @Tom4362 said, people with paralysis by the end of the decade, it will be already a colossal achievment.

Wrong, none of my arguments are based on hype as opposed to achievements.

Many times, things do not go through a clinical trial process, for example, when he launched his first rocket successfully, there were no minor achievements to use to predict whether his first successful rocket launch will actually be successful, it just happened.

In terms of Neuralink, I literally just posted a link which contains a link to a video of a monkey using a Neuralink device to play pong, and that was in 2021. That is obviously an achievement. So obviously I am basing my argument on past achievements where it is possible.

Also, remember, what we as normal people know about the mind, brain and how it works is greatly less than what those working at Neuralink know, they have obviously made huge advancements in knowledge that they haven't released to the public. Why would they release everything they know as soon as they find it out? Literally makes zero sense from a competitive POV.

Your argument is only based on the knowledge you have as a layman, not the knowledge and tech that Neuralink has and is working on. You have no idea what is going on behind the scenes at Neuralink so making assumptions as to it being extremely far off or something impossible within this decade is definitely not something you or anyone else on this forum can say with complete certainty.

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wrong, none of my arguments are based on hype as opposed to achievements.

Many times, things do not go through a clinical trial process, for example, when he launched his first rocket successfully, there were no minor achievements to use to predict whether his first successful rocket launch will actually be successful, it just happened.

In terms of Neuralink, I literally just posted a link which contains a link to a video of a monkey using a Neuralink device to play pong, and that was in 2021. That is obviously an achievement. So obviously I am basing my argument on past achievements where it is possible.

Also, remember, what we as normal people know about the mind, brain and how it works is greatly less than what those working at Neuralink know, they have obviously made huge advancements in knowledge that they haven't released to the public. Why would they release everything they know as soon as they find it out? Literally makes zero sense from a competitive POV.

Your argument is only based on the knowledge you have as a layman, not the knowledge and tech that Neuralink has and is working on. You have no idea what is going on behind the scenes at Neuralink so making assumptions as to it being extremely far off or something impossible within this decade is definitely not something you or anyone else on this forum can say with complete certainty.
Dude, you are the layman that actually speculated about mind "transfer" for the next decade, something that has zero chance of happening. And I am not talking about my opinion or knowledge of the field. I talked about common knowledge among experts in the field. The most positive scientists and investors talk about leaps in the field of neurological medicine in decadeS. The majority of the scientists talk about great achievements like mind "transfer" in CENTURIES. Some believe we will never be able to do it right.

Here, Neuralink's website summarizes it all: "Neuralink is a team of exceptionally talented people. We are creating the future of brain interfaces: building devices now that will help people with paralysis and inventing new technologies that will expand our abilities, our community, and our world."

They want to make people use a computer with their brain and Elon DREAMS about mind "transfering" one day. Btw, ppl are alreay preocupied with his technology. And if there are collateral effects? Will he be able to fix it or ppl will have a damaged brain for the rest of their lives? Science doesn't run that smooth, bro. Or we wouldn't be here in this website.

Pass me that pipe, because I want to smoke from the pipe of hope too. I would love for those things to happen, but we would need one of a miraculous leap in our current scientific capabilities.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, you are the layman that actually speculated about mind "transfer" for the next decade, something that has zero chance of happening. And I am not talking about my opinion or knowledge of the field. I talked about common knowledge among experts in the field. The most positive scientists and investors talk about leaps in the field of neurological medicine in decadeS. The majority of the scientists talk about great achievements like mind "transfer" in CENTURIES. Some believe we will never be able to do it right.

Here, Neuralink's website summarizes it all: "Neuralink is a team of exceptionally talented people. We are creating the future of brain interfaces: building devices now that will help people with paralysis and inventing new technologies that will expand our abilities, our community, and our world."

They want to make people use a computer with their brain and Elon DREAMS about mind "transfering" one day. Btw, ppl are alreay preocupied with his technology. And if there are collateral effects? Will he be able to fix it or ppl will have a damaged brain for the rest of their lives? Science doesn't run that smooth, bro. Or we wouldn't be here in this website.

Pass me that pipe, because I want to smoke from the pipe of hope too. I would love for those things to happen, but we would need one of a miraculous leap in our current scientific capabilities.

I did say we all are layman relatively as compared to those working at Neuralink, that includes you and I, and anyone not working at Neuralink, including industry experts.

Also, what experts in the field predict have no influence on what is possible by Elon Musk and his companies, he has proven time and time again that despite what ANYONE says, especially "EXPERTS", he is able to defy all odds and do what has never been done before. How many more examples do you need than the almost half dozen achievements that he pioneered despite no one thinking it was possible, including experts?

My prediction I am referring to is Elon Musks intermediary goal of applying the same concept that he has already proven to work in a 9 year old macaque, in humans, for the record (which by the way is the gold standard for non-human trials, similar to what HMI-115 has done with their hair growth in macaques and even the most knowledgeable people on this forum all believe it has series merit and can very likely be successful in humans very soon), not sure if you consider that mind transfer but that is all that I am predicting to be possible within this decade.

To be clear, I am not referring to E.M and Neuralink achieving their goal stated below:

""Our goal is to enable a person with paralysis to use a computer or phone with their brain activity alone," a narrator says in the video."

... Within this decade, but that this technology be available and in use in healthy humans within this decade. Sure it will be released in beta form first and have many upgrades like everything does to enable it to eventually be good enough to achieve their goal of it working on people who are paralysed .

It will take some time longer before it is used for people who are paralyzed as healthy humans will have to be the first people to trial the technology.

Last edited:

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try comparing Elon's underground traffic tunnels (Las Vegas, etc) with a conventional subway system. It's a f*cking joke.

If that was Elon's idea of a practical system then he's an idiot. If he knew it was a crap system then he's a crook. Take your pick.

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I have seen of the device it's mostly just a flashy new design with more electrodes. I see that you are very impressed by the monkey video. I am pretty sure this was already possible with other already existing technology. If I recall correctly they were able to play tetris

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I have seen of the device it's mostly just a flashy new design with more electrodes. I see that you are very impressed by the monkey video. I am pretty sure this was already possible with other already existing technology. If I recall correctly they were able to play tetris
I am aware of that.

I didn't say the technology never existed before Elon Musk entered the field. It's that I believe that he will be the one (as he usually is) to take this technology to the next level that hasn't been achieved as yet.

Just like rockets and space travel existed long before SpaceX was established, but it was SpaceX that completely changed the game of rockets and space exploration, that is completely undeniable. The stuff he is doing with those rockets could never be imagined possible before.

I do believe the fact that he was able to get a non-human to use mind transfer, is almost a teaser to show just how usable he is able to make the technology. That he can even make a monkey do it.

I expect a lot bigger things to come from Neuralink and I do believe he has been holding his cards very close to his chest.

Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try comparing Elon's underground traffic tunnels (Las Vegas, etc) with a conventional subway system. It's a f*cking joke.

If that was Elon's idea of a practical system then he's an idiot. If he knew it was a crap system then he's a crook. Take your pick.

It's still early days. How many game changing companies do you know that got everything right instantly without any bumps along the way? Not that many. The hairloss industry is a great example of how it's extremely difficult to get it right on the first attempt, but we all still wish they don't give up because of a few bumps in the road.

The Boring Company refutes a few things on their site, including any comparisons to a subway: “Loop is an express public transportation system that resembles an underground highway more than a subway system. If a subway line had 100 stops, a train would typically stop at each station, so the trip between Stop 1 and Stop 100 would be long. In contrast, Loop passengers travel directly to their destination, anywhere between Stop 1 to Stop 100, without stopping at the intermediate stations.”

Given that this only started a few years ago, and is a massive project, it's only fair to give it at least a decade or two for further development before passing judgment. Many innovative government plans take even longer to perfect than just a handful of years.

Funny you should call Elon Musk an idiot when he has only started the Boring Company a few years ago, and yet he is the one with exponentially more companies than you have that are massively successful (if you even have any companies), he is also working on far more things than you will ever achieve in your life, and he is far richer than every person on earth, and you, even if you had to live 100 years longer.

So before we start name calling, let's take a second to remember who we're talking about here.

Last edited:

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude. Some of his achievements are nice but there is no discussion when we talk to a fanboy.

You need to open the Church of Elon Musk if it doesn't exist already. You have a lot of faith in him.