I think depression is real (tbh) (ngl)

Depression

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How not to be in depression when every day you see fallen hair and you know that you are at such a crippling level of loss with women that even an obese woman wouldn't even want you.

FailSafe55

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How not to be in depression when every day you see fallen hair and you know that you are at such a crippling level of loss with women that even an obese woman wouldn't even want you.
Your depression will go away on its own eventually. Took me a year and half of suicidal thoughts every night and sleeping 12+ hours a day. Now it's almost gone, I think sunlight is helping me. I woke up at 8am today, first time in a few months, usually I wake up at 3

Last edited:

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm likely going to get a lot of hate on this. I'm not calling out or referring to anyone specific on here but this is my take on the term 'depression'

Depression isn't real. Its a term that's been grabbed, twisted and manipulated by the younger generations to support their attention seeking, lazy and bone idle selves who are mentally, too weak to accept their upset, get up and carry on with day to day life like a normal human being. So they use this term as an excuse to make people feel sorry for them. Depression is just sadness and sadness is an emotion just the same as feeling happy is. Unfortunately yes, due to certain life events some unlucky people do experience sadness for longer and consistent periods but a good 95% of people who claim they have depression nowadays are simply talking out of their arse. Depression was first introduced in 1970 so let me ask this, what do you think people back in the early 1900's did when they woke up and felt a bit shitty? Sit in bed all day rolling around crying that they have depression and can't do anything because of it? Or crack on with their lives, jobs and even wars.

FailSafe55

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm likely going to get a lot of hate on this. I'm not calling out or referring to anyone specific on here but this is my take on the term 'depression'

Depression isn't real. Its a term that's been grabbed, twisted and manipulated by the younger generations to support their attention seeking, lazy and bone idle selves who are mentally, too weak to accept their upset, get up and carry on with day to day life like a normal human being. So they use this term as an excuse to make people feel sorry for them. Depression is just sadness and sadness is an emotion just the same as feeling happy is. Unfortunately yes, due to certain life events some unlucky people do experience sadness for longer and consistent periods but a good 95% of people who claim they have depression nowadays are simply talking out of their arse. Depression was first introduced in 1970 so let me ask this, what do you think people back in the early 1900's did when they woke up and felt a bit shitty? Sit in bed all day rolling around crying that they have depression and can't do anything because of it? Or crack on with their lives, jobs and even wars.
I 100% would have agreed with this post had I not suddenly felt completely normal the past few weeks. The difference I feel is crazy and I can't explain it other then my brain was likely ill or something

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score

Read into the term 'co opted', pal. Many people use the term colloquially. It's a logical fallacy to assume that it's therefore not real. Suicide rates are rising every year, steeply, that's not a fashion statement.

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score

Baldness is permanent depression. You never get out of this extreme sadness.

FailSafe55

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Read into the term 'co opted', pal. Many people use the term colloquially. It's a logical fallacy to assume that it's therefore not real. Suicide rates are rising every year, steeply, that's not a fashion statement.
That's true, any way you look at it suicide rates are heavily rising

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I 100% would have agreed with this post had I not suddenly felt completely normal the past few weeks. The difference I feel is crazy and I can't explain it other then my brain was likely ill or something
Like I said for that unfortunate 5%, extreme sadness or 'depression' can be a real thing. I do not believe in the route of medication to combat something that's psychological and in your head though. Depression is a battle only the person who's experiencing it should be fighting. Using medication is simply just a quick, temporary and suppressive solution that isn't going to cure or help the problem in the long term.

FailSafe55

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like I said for that unfortunate 5%, extreme sadness or 'depression' can be a real thing. I do not believe in the route of medication to combat something that's psychological and in your head though. Depression is a battle only the person who's experiencing it should be fighting. Using medication is simply just a quick, temporary and suppressive solution that isn't going to cure or help the problem in the long term.
Believe me, I'm against all psychiatric meds and even vaccines. But my experience with this has recently led me to believe that depression is a disease, becuase atleast for me I feel way different then I have for the past year or so and I have no explanation why. Even thinking about suicide now makes me feel weird whereas just a few weeks prior I would be thinking about it non stop

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Suicide rates are rising each year but so is the population? I get what you're saying and I did say that for some people it can be real. I was just stating that nowadays the vast majority of people who cry that they have depression have never experienced deep sadness. I don't want to offend anyone by what I said because I do recognise that there are a few individuals on this site who seem to be in that state.

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Believe me, I'm against all psychiatric meds and even vaccines. But my experience with this has recently led me to believe that depression is a disease, becuase atleast for me I feel way different then I have for the past year or so and I have no explanation why. Even thinking about suicide now makes me feel weird whereas just a few weeks prior I would be thinking about it non stop
Trust me anti depressants are a no-go. I have family members who have chosen this route, taking them for years probably due to an addiction and they're essentially living, breathing, walking mongoids now because the medication has just fried their head. It's changed them mentally and they just come across and act as a bit of a crazy person now which is quite disheartening to witness.

FailSafe55

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Suicide rates are rising each year but so is the population? I get what you're saying and I did say that for some people it can be real. I was just stating that nowadays the vast majority of people who cry that they have depression have never experienced deep sadness. I don't want to offend anyone by what I said because I do recognise that there are a few individuals on this site who seem to be in that state.
That is very close minded, I'm assuming you have felt deep depression before? Alot of people who are depressed well naively assume that "my depression is much worse then others who claim they have depression". This is an untrue statement and is a result of not being able to put yourself in others shoes

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Depression was first introduced in 1970 so let me ask this, what do you think people back in the early 1900's did when they woke up and felt a bit shitty?
What we would call "depression" has been called "melancholia" and such since ancient times, it's not really a new thing. Even if it wasn't recognized before now doesn't mean it "suddenly" came to existence. Old-time science wasn't exactly the best. I agree that the term depression has been co-opted a lot and many people don't actually suffer from it per se but it is a real thing.

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What we would call "depression" has been called "melancholia" and such since ancient times, it's not really a new thing. Even if it wasn't recognized before now doesn't mean it "suddenly" came to existence. Old-time science wasn't exactly the best. I agree that the term depression has been co-opted a lot and many people don't actually suffer from it per se but it is a real thing.
Yeah my bad that came across wrong. I wasn't meaning to say that it's suddenly come to existence. I was implying that before it was recognised by scientists, people didn't think of or look at it as a disease. That mentality needs to be brought back. People would be a lot better off as when someone sits you down and tells you or even worse, diagnosis you with a disease. It's easier for that person to just give up and accept that they're now permanently sad rather than find a solution whatever it may be to tackle the problem.

INT

Reaction score

This might be the most dumbest and most unnunanced post of the year. You have no idea what you are talking about.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I really think group therapy might be more beneficial than one on one therapy. That is why forums like this are so popular now. When you can share similar experiences with other strangers and know you are not alone, it makes it easier to open up. This place is actually a BDD forum in disguise. And depression, anxiety and stress is on the rise. So with that comes violence and suicides unfortunately. Successful relationships are even more challenging now than every before because you have to have a degree in psychology to know how to compromise and lift each other up when the other is down. Or at times, enjoy when misery always loves company.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Problem with mental health unlike physical isn't tangible. You can see a broken leg & fix it, depression/anxiety or just being sad is all subjective. Not one thing works for everyone for happiness. My Dad tried to commit suicide when he was younger but has been on SSRI's for 30 years with relative success. Some people experience negative side effects however

FailSafe55

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Problem with mental health unlike physical isn't tangible. You can see a broken leg & fix it, depression/anxiety or just being sad is all subjective. Not one thing works for everyone for happiness. My Dad tried to commit suicide when he was younger but has been on SSRI's for 30 years with relative success. Some people experience negative side effects however
I think depression is the brain slowly rotting away. I think that's why my depression went away so suddenly after 1.5 years of pure hell. It wouldn't have just magically gone away one morning if it was all subjective

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I think depression is the brain slowly rotting away. I think that's why my depression went away so suddenly after 1.5 years of pure hell. It wouldn't have just magically gone away one morning if it was all subjective
Life is just like a rollercoaster. They both have their ups and downs and can throw you into a loop.