I think depression is real (tbh) (ngl)

FailSafe55

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was very depressed for the past year and a half, partly fueled by my hairloss but not entirely, and suddenly 2 weeks ago I felt completely normal. However today and yesterday I feel the depression coming back and it sucks ngl. So now I know my brain is ill and it isn't just my life circumstances. I don't know what to do, I felt normal for the first time these past 2 weeks yet I feel myself spiraling out again. Wtf.

FailSafe55

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No shame in trying out anti depressants. Like you said, it’s down to brain chemicals vs your actual situation
I've read of people getting bad side effects from those drugs. I think I'll just wait it out and maybe it will go away one day

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah stay away from SSRI's. And you fix a depression by taking action and fixing your life, not popping pills.
Not necessarily. Sometimes it's a brain chemistry issue that can't be altered otherwise. If it was that easy, those pills wouldn't be a thing to begin with.

I agree that one should work on the underlying cause though. The pills are more like a band-aid. A person still has to face his/her problems and not circle around them.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s very subjective how you will react to an SSRI. Some people have zero side effects, and I had side effects from a low dose. I have a friend who has been taking SSRIs for years at a higher dose, and she has no side effects at all.
But these pills just treat the symptoms, so it’s not much use taking them if you are not treating the underlying cause of your depression or anxiety.

INT

Reaction score
Why would depression not be real?

Anyway, do not listen to strangers on the internet about AD's. Go to a psychiatrist for that. Some things can be solved by yourself or with help from your environent. For some thing you might need therapy and sometimes medication (in combination with therapy) is the only solution.

Depression

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly the same here, my hair loss is the only cause of my depression.

But it's more than that, at the moment my hair is doing well, just yesterday I had sex, I can lead a totally normal life but I stopped the minoxidil and I am terrified of how my hair will react and that puts me in horrible anxiety.

I think this is partly caused by the fact that 7 months ago I shaved my head and it ruined my life while it grows back and I'm scared stopping minoxidil, that my hair is so bad that I have to go through this step again

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've read of people getting bad side effects from those drugs. I think I'll just wait it out and maybe it will go away one day
No way of knowing if you are one of them without giving it a try. For some people it's a positive life changer. They never did much for me, positive or negative, so I dropped them.
But you should give it a chance at least. Depression is like neurological reflux. The more and stronger you experience it, the more solidified it becomes in your brain structure and chemistry. Leading to more and longer episodes in the future.

FailSafe55

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah stay away from SSRI's. And you fix a depression by taking action and fixing your life, not popping pills.
Yeah I don't plan on going on medication. I need to stop circling my problems but it is hard to take the first step

FailSafe55

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's probably real ngl

but could be fake tbh

idk i wouldn't bank on either option too hard
I've been under the impression depression is fake, however my opinion changed the past few weeks when I suddenly and miraculously felt normal and had no suicidal thoughts. So maybe it is real, idk. I won't touch jew pills though

Notdifferent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been under the impression depression is fake, however my opinion changed the past few weeks when I suddenly and miraculously felt normal and had no suicidal thoughts. So maybe it is real, idk. I won't touch jew pills though
I can relate a bit, ups n downs. Problem is ups are always followed by downs and that sh*t fuels anxiety and depression by itself. I think a lot of it is definitely out of our control.

I've tried xanax and it just made me feel numb, interesting at first but I can't imagine feeling like that long term.

FailSafe55

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can relate a bit, ups n downs. Problem is ups are always followed by downs and that sh*t fuels anxiety and depression by itself. I think a lot of it is definitely out of our control.

I've tried xanax and it just made me feel numb, interesting at first but I can't imagine feeling like that long term.
I've been trying to stay neutral at all times recently. So even if I listen to fun music I try or not get excited to joyous. And I try to carry this over to negative thoughts. I think for every time I get happy, I will inevitably spend an equal amount of time sad at some point

Notdifferent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been trying to stay neutral at all times recently. So even if I listen to fun music I try to not get excited to joyous. And I try to carry this over to negative thoughts. I think for every time I get happy, I will inevitably spend an equal amount of time sad at some point
I think keeping it level like that would be a good way to go through life but I don't know if it's possible long term, though learning to control your emotions and trying not to get upset about sh*t you can't change is v important I think. Emotions is also what motivates you to get up and do anything though because it makes you feel good but feeling good is impossible without knowing how feeling bad feels. When you feel good for too long, it gets boring, you always either something to feel better or to remember what it's like to feel bad, so it's a vicious circle.

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
Use healy device , its wonderful for all issues. And its helping a lot of people in baldness too. I have also used it for few sessions and people tell me I have grown some hair. Look into that

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Use healy device , its wonderful for all issues. And its helping a lot of people in baldness too. I have also used it for few sessions and people tell me I have grown some hair. Look into that
guerilla marketing pajeet begone

FailSafe55

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's your referral code boss