I Still Think Science May Cure The Entire Aging Process Before Specifically Curing Hair Loss.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
How do we know that a cure to aging would stop dht from attacking hair follicles? given that young, otherwise healthy people experience aggressive pattern baldness

We don't know for sure what would happen. We do know that scientists have successfully reversed the aging process of mice and those mice regrew lost hair. We also know that what happens with mice hair does not always happen with human hair. But we also know that sometimes what happens with mice hair does happen with human hair.

Yes, DHT causes hair loss. But the follicles don't become vulnerable to DHT until a certain age, depending on the person.

Let's say you're 40 years old and your follicles were programmed to become vulnerable to DHT at 30 years old. Now let's say they reverse your entire age back to 20 years old. They will have taken you back to 10 years before your follicles became vulnerable to DHT. Doesn't that mean it's possible that you might get your hair back and it might be safe for 10 years?

Last edited:

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I the only person who, despite feeling 40 isn't a bad age to die if the years following will be sh*t, DOESN'T want to be 24 forever?

I think that, as long as I could have a full head of hair, I'd be comfortable with like...mid-30s me....or at least, what I envision myself as at that age.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Am I the only person who, despite feeling 40 isn't a bad age to die if the years following will be sh*t, DOESN'T want to be 24 forever?

I think that, as long as I could have a full head of hair, I'd be comfortable with like...mid-30s me....or at least, what I envision myself as at that age.

That's what you say NOW when you're young but you'll be singing a different tune when you're 40. When you get older you'll be in your doctor's office looking for help for every sniffle you get along with all the other people who are getting older.

You can't even handle a cosmetic change now and you think you're going to smile you're way into your coffin as long as you're at least 40 years old. I really don't think so.

If they cure the aging process you will take your place in line to make sure you get your dose when you get older.

Last edited:

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As we get older our skin becomes thinner and less elastic and it doesn't heal as fast as it used to. I think the hair behaves the same way, as we get older it doesn't regenerate as fast and it looks thinner. This is the kind of loss I think an anti-aging COULD cure or fix.

male pattern baldness seems to be a separate condition that isnt necessarily age-related and I don't think an anti-aging drug would help restore male pattern baldness loss.

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The way they are thinking they can stop/reverse the aging process is via telomere lengthening (the caps on your DNA) as we age they get shorter. The shorter they get, the more suseptical to disease/cancers/DNA damage you are. They have already found a way to make them longer but its been done on animals so far by activating Telomerase in the cells, but its done using harsh compounds. There are already a couple of companies selling products that can apparantley switch on Telomerase, these companies are obviously just preying on gullible people. IMO I think that even if they did find a way to turn it on in humans it wouldnt stop hairloss - main reason for thinking that is so many young people lose their hair and are still very healthy with long telomeres.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
As we get older our skin becomes thinner and less elastic and it doesn't heal as fast as it used to. I think the hair behaves the same way, as we get older it doesn't regenerate as fast and it looks thinner. This is the kind of loss I think an anti-aging COULD cure or fix.

male pattern baldness seems to be a separate condition that isnt necessarily age-related and I don't think an anti-aging drug would help restore male pattern baldness loss.

I disagree.

You yourself agree that thinning skin is part of the aging process.

Remember that Yale scientists proved (with certainty) that a key part of hair loss is the reduction of signals being emitted from the fat layer of skin to the follicles above the fat layer of skin.

Maybe I'm being presumptuous here, but isn't it possible that the reason the fat layers send less signals to the follicles as you age is because the fat layer of the skin has thinned as part of the aging process, along with the rest of the skin?

If that's the case then simply thickening the skin could increase the size of the fat layer and then the fat layer would have more fat sending signals to the follicles, and when you have more fat sending out signals then you might have more signals being sent out. And maybe when you have more signals being sent out to your follicles that strengthens the follicles and when the follicles get stronger they can resist DHT,

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
The way they are thinking they can stop/reverse the aging process is via telomere lengthening (the caps on your DNA) as we age they get shorter. The shorter they get, the more suseptical to disease/cancers/DNA damage you are. They have already found a way to make them longer but its been done on animals so far by activating Telomerase in the cells, but its done using harsh compounds. There are already a couple of companies selling products that can apparantley switch on Telomerase, these companies are obviously just preying on gullible people. IMO I think that even if they did find a way to turn it on in humans it wouldnt stop hairloss - main reason for thinking that is so many young people lose their hair and are still very healthy with long telomeres.

You might be right but you might be wrong. They ARE looking into whether or not telomerase therapy can affect hair loss. They don't have the answer yet.

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You might be right but you might be wrong. They ARE looking into whether or not telomerase therapy can affect hair loss. They don't have the answer yet.
Dont get me wrong - I wish they could - it would save me alot of money on botox and filler lol

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I disagree.

The thinning skin that you agree is part of the aging process may play a key role in hair loss.

Remember that Yale scientists proved (with certainty) that a key part of hair loss is the reduction of signals coming from the fat layer of skin below the follicles to the follicles.

Maybe I'm being presumptuous but isn't it possible that the reason the fat layers send less signals to the follicles as you age is because the fat layer of the skin has thinned along with the rest of the skin, as part of the aging process?

If that's the case then simply thickening the skin could increase the size of the fat layer and then the fat layer would have more fat send signals to the follicles, and when you have more fat sending signals then you have more signals being sent to your follicles. And maybe when you have more signals being sent to your follicles the follicles get stronger and they can resist DHT,
Yes, the fat layer thinning is part of the cause. But probably just a part. It will be interesting to see the kerastem trial results. I just think there's more factors at play than just the fat layer

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, the fat layer thinning is part of the cause. But probably just a part. It will be interesting to see the kerastem trial results. I just think there's more factors at play than just the fat layer

According to Yale University the signals coming from the fat layer are THE key issue involved in hair loss.

http://yaledailynews.com/blog/2011/09/06/yale-researchers-find-key-to-baldness/

LESS FAT = LESS SIGNALS FROM FAT.

MORE FAT = MORE SIGNALS FROM FAT.

Fat emits signals. The more fat you have the more signals being emitted. The less fat you have the less signals being emitted. As you age your skin thins, including the fat layer. Hence the thinner aging fat layer emits less signals than the younger thicker fat layer did. Hence, the follicles get less signals from aged thinning skin than it did from younger thicker skin.

If they reverse the entire aging process that could thicken the skin, including the fat layer, and that could result in more signals going from the fat layer to the follicles, and that could result in restoring the vitality of your follicles.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
There is no evidence anywhere supporting the suggestion of aging being cured in 5 years. If you look at big players in silicon valley, they expect it will take at least 10 or 20 more years. Please provide some evidence or don't post.

Shut-up. I'll post anything I want. And it isn't my responsibility to supply you with information. If you want to find out more about anti-aging science then do your own research.

And I don't care what silocon valley says about anti-aging science. I care what the scientists involved in anti-aging research say about anti-aging science.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
How do we know that a cure to aging would stop dht from attacking hair follicles? given that young, otherwise healthy people experience aggressive pattern baldness

I understand that DHT cause hair loss.

But I also understand that having a sufficient amount of signals being emitted from your fat layer can protect your follicles from DHT. Yale University proved this. Do you disrespect Yale University?

http://yaledailynews.com/blog/2011/09/06/yale-researchers-find-key-to-baldness/

When you were younger, and had thicker skin, your fat layer in you skin was also thicker. And perhaps when your fat layer was thicker it emitted more signals to your follicles. I think that more fat might = more fat signals. And larger amount of signals being emitted to your follicles may have kept your follicles strong enough to withstand DHT.

So if they make you young again that might thicken your skin, including your fat layer, and then your increased fat layer would be sending more signals to your follicles. And perhaps that increased amount of signals might make your follicles strong enough to withstand DHT, just like the higher level of fat signals did when you were young.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong - I wish they could - it would save me alot of money on botox and filler lol

Based on the recent email I received there may soon be some interesting news regarding anti-aging treatments. Again, the email I got is NOT about the science aspect of anti-aging matters. I believe that researchers have to do some more work to get the technology ready for prime-time, but I also think that the scientists are getting close. The email I got concerns the delivery system.

Last edited:

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got an email recently that's interesting, to say the least. A major player in anti-aging research may be planning to make something available soon.

If you're aware of credible anti-aging research then you have definheard of these people. Every person who's aware of legitimate anti-aging research is aware of these people.

There are already some great things out when it comes to facial aging. I do try to keep up with that stuff as its quite important to me to keep looking young as long as possible as vain as it sounds. But the biggest problem in this area (like in most) is finding the right person to do the procedures. Ive only every used HA fillers and Botox. Never had a problem with botox but I did have an actual plastic surgeon screw up my face a bit getting HA injections (its dissolved now). The problem with the industry is that any man and his dog can go do a weekend seminar and get the qualifications to start injecting people with this stuff. Unfortunately in my country theres not as many options of people to choose from for these sorts of things correctly.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score

nah dude, test levels are on a decline at that point

physical peak is mid 20's

Mid 30's you can still be in great shape but your body has been on a bit of a decline for several years and you're past the point of being able to achieve your full athletic potential

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
nah dude, test levels are on a decline at that point

physical peak is mid 20's

Mid 30's you can still be in great shape but your body has been on a bit of a decline for several years and you're past the point of being able to achieve your full athletic potential

I didn't say anything about "athletic potential".

Not trying to b**ch you out, specifically, but it's a running theme in the hairloss community that what people here REALLY want is to be 23 forever.

"I want to be ripped, eat fast food, party and pump n' dump dumb college w****s until the sands of time run out" — Most people here (if they spoke honestly.)

Well guess what? The phase of your life where this is a sustainable lifestyle was ALWAYS set to be very brief whether you were going to go bald or not. Like, do you people have anything worth living for? May as well kill yourself now.

I genuinely wonder how many of these posters will still be alive when they're 35. They'll have probably done themselves in or wind up being the creepy old guys hitting on girls half their age, still working some dead-end job and dull af to talk to.

A shockingly large portion of people here feel that life ends at 30 because life is just about clubs and parties.

That's what you say NOW when you're young but you'll be singing a different tune when you're 40. When you get older you'll be in your doctor's office looking for help for every sniffle you get along with all the other people who are getting older.

You can't even handle a cosmetic change now and you think you're going to smile you're way into your coffin as long as you're at least 40 years old. I really don't think so.

If they cure the aging process you will take your place in line to make sure you get your dose when you get older.

I want my hair to stay and what I have lost back because I like having hair. I don't actually give a damn about what 22 year old girls find "hot" (especially since the women I dated have always been older than me) or how "ripped' I can be or any of that.

I can always exercise, eat well, take care of my teeth, wear clothes that I like, stave off wrinkles to the best of my ability and dye my hair if it goes gray and be satisfied with my appearance until I'm actually old...but I can't style, cut or dye my hair if I don't fuckin' have any.

Lastly, there is no nice way to put it, if you're nearly on your deathbed from a sniffle around age 40, you've done a sh*t job taking care of your health.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Based on the recent email I received there may soon be some interesting news regarding anti-aging treatments. Again, the email I got is NOT about the science aspect of anti-aging matters. I believe that researchers have to do some more work to get the technology ready for prime-time, but I also think that the scientists are getting close. The email I got concerns the delivery system.
So are you saying that the delivery system of the anti aging "drug" wont be a conventional pill or injection?
Is it more like gene splicing or dna editing?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
So are you saying that the delivery system of the anti aging "drug" wont be a conventional pill or injection?
Is it more like gene splicing or dna editing?

I did not mean delivery of the treatment. I meant delivery of the treatment to the marketplace.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes, DHT causes hair loss
. But the follicles don't become vulnerable to DHT until a certain age, depending on the person.

I can say that DHT causes hair growth, .... and it is real, body hair is an example.

Your assert is only a hair mantra, that possibly will debunked in some years.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't say anything about "athletic potential".

Not trying to b**ch you out, specifically, but it's a running theme in the hairloss community that what people here REALLY want is to be 23 forever.

"I want to be ripped, eat fast food, party and pump n' dump dumb college w****s until the sands of time run out" — Most people here (if they spoke honestly.)

Well guess what? The phase of your life where this is a sustainable lifestyle was ALWAYS set to be very brief whether you were going to go bald or not. Like, do you people have anything worth living for? May as well kill yourself now.

I genuinely wonder how many of these posters will still be alive when they're 35. They'll have probably done themselves in or wind up being the creepy old guys hitting on girls half their age, still working some dead-end job and dull af to talk to.

A shockingly large portion of people here feel that life ends at 30 because life is just about clubs and parties.

If you are turning back the biological clock to indefinitely keep your body at a certain age, I don't know why you'd want to be mid 30's rather than mid 20's, which is the comment I was referring to

Think about it. If you now have unlimited time to explore the possibilities of the world and life, why wouldn't you want your body in the state where you have peak energy levels and physical potential?

You can climb mountains, try to make it in a professional sport (you now have unlimited time to master the skill :D), etc

Herold

My Regimen
Reaction score
A little less than a year ago I said they would come up with a cure for the entire aging process within 5 years. I look over the status of anti-aging research every 6 months and I still believe we're still in that time frame of curing the entire aging process within a little more than 4 years. I also think that an overall cure for the entire aging process would also cure hair loss so of course everyone dealing with hair loss would ingest the cure, no matter what their age is.

PW2gFnQ.gif