I Still Think Science May Cure The Entire Aging Process Before Specifically Curing Hair Loss.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
A little less than a year ago I said they would come up with a cure for the entire aging process within 5 years. I look over the status of anti-aging research every 6 months and I still believe we're still in that time frame of curing the entire aging process within a little more than 4 years. I also think that an overall cure for the entire aging process would also cure hair loss so of course everyone dealing with hair loss would ingest the cure, no matter what their age is.

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nameless man take a break from this site. I appreciate your inquisitibe nature and the debates but I think u need a break. Just some friendly advice, I've been there.
As for curing aging, dna damage in Androgenetic Alopecia has different triggers than aging even if the cells end up dead in both cases. Besides, sth like that may maintain (personally can't see how) but not necessarily regrow. Not to mention if they cure aging what will ensue will probably make us forget about hair for a while

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A little less than a year ago I said they would come up with a cure for the entire aging process within 5 years. I look over the status of anti-aging research every 6 months and I still believe we're still in that time frame of curing the entire aging process within a little more than 4 years. I also think that an overall cure for the entire aging process would also cure hair loss so of course everyone dealing with hair loss would ingest the cure, no matter what their age is.
I think youre right about aging being cured first, mostly because they have already identified part of the cause (telomere lenght and residual cell junk) and already know of ways to reverse it (senescent cell removal and young blood transfusions).
Really the only holdup is they only need to test it on humans to prove that it works and is safe.

The problem with male pattern baldness is that nobody still knows exactly what's the cause, so how the hell can it be cured without knowing how/why it happens.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think youre right about aging being cured first, mostly because they have already identified part of the cause (telomere lenght and residual cell junk) and already know of ways to reverse it (senescent cell removal and young blood transfusions).
Really the only holdup is they only need to test it on humans to prove that it works and is safe.

The problem with male pattern baldness is that nobody still knows exactly what's the cause, so how the hell can it be cured without knowing how/why it happens.

It doesn't matter if we don't know why it happens.

If you can create new hair and implant it or whatever else, then the "why do people go bald" becomes irrelevant in solving the issue.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
We have a long history trying to cure this condition: the human.

From a 1400's tapestry. Note the bald men circled on the left going into the center and
emerging from the cure on the right with a head full of golden curls.
shalev-eyni-image8.jpg

But alas,

CAPTION THIS:
378px-_Schopenhauer_1852.jpg

Been waitin' on those 'five years to market launch' since 1822.

Give me a break.

As if the 1800s technology is the same thing as the technology in 2016 and beyond.
Show me the books from the 1800s where scientists talk about telomeres, IPS cells, senescent cell removal, gene editing, and other highly innovative technology. There aren't any 1800s books mentioning that kin of technology because back then (1800s) that kind of tech had not been invented yet.

So they never had a chance of curing the aging process back then. Back then they were talking about eating toadstools and cactus juice to heal cure the aging process. Today hard sophisticated science is looking at the issue.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Nameless man take a break from this site. I appreciate your inquisitibe nature and the debates but I think u need a break. Just some friendly advice, I've been there.
As for curing aging, dna damage in Androgenetic Alopecia has different triggers than aging even if the cells end up dead in both cases. Besides, sth like that may maintain (personally can't see how) but not necessarily regrow. Not to mention if they cure aging what will ensue will probably make us forget about hair for a while

1. Don't tell me what to do.

2. And as far as the other stuff you said goes, it sounds like a lot of horseshit. When scientists reverse aging in mice it regrows their lost hair. Now here's where you're supposed to chime in with "Everything grows hair on mice" but that's false. And since reversing the aging process in mice also reverses their hair loss; reversing the aging process in humans might also reverse hair loss in humans.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score

I got an email very recently which I think indicates that the anti-aging envelope is about to be pushed forward significantly.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
why do you think the aging process is set to be cured in the next 5 years. Where are you getting your information

I got an email that made me think that something may happen on the anti-aging front relatively soon.

anonimoes

My Regimen
Reaction score
where/how do you check every 6 months? is it a forum like hairlosstalk?
Or multiple websites/google searches?
Can i get a link?

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
What does a cure for the aging process even mean? What effect would it have?

Yes I have this same question. I don't know if he means that visible signs of aging will be greatly slowed or if he means that the actual breakdown of our bodies will stop and we will be immortal.

I could see scientific breakthroughs that allow us to enjoy some kind of facsimile of youth even in our 50s, 60s, and 70s, but I don't think immortality is coming in five years.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
where/how do you check every 6 months? is it a forum like hairlosstalk?
Or multiple websites/google searches?
Can i get a link?
It's very likely members of an anti-aging Forum are more plugged in than the normal Joe might be. Just like we seem to be more up-to-date on a hair issues then the regular Folk. There's forums for every condition and issue you you can think of out there

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
What was said in the email and by whom?

I'm unable to share that info. I will say that the email did not mention some new scientific breakthrough.

The email seemed to suggest a delivery system is coming soon. A delivery system that will address Champpy's concerns about the time-consuming process of FDA trials in connection with anti-aging medicine.

Last edited:

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Here's what I personally think. After we're too old to work and retire, society doesn't care about us.

Also, nobody would really have the money to do that, even if it was possible.

abcdefg

Reaction score

I think your being silly, and have no idea if this is true or not. Its just a guess. We dont know if aging can be "cured"

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aging is a natural process. It's true that calorie restriction can stop aging for many
animals. That's a proven scientific fact. But I don't think it can reverse the "damage" done
if practiced too late. Even the scientist that discovered that fact said the same thing.

That was discovered by accident.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
For those of you who say I'm wrong, if I turn out to be right, let it sink in that you're a bunch of intellectual lightweights.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I think your being silly, and have no idea if this is true or not. Its just a guess. We dont know if aging can be "cured"

I'm responding the the part of your post that I highlighted. You're partially correct. You see, you're only partially correct because we do and don't know if the aging process can be cured. We know for 100% certain that the aging process can be completely cured in mice. We've been doing it for a few years. But we don't know if the aging process can be cured in humans yet because we haven't cured the aging process for an entire human being in an FDA trial yet. On the other hand, we have reversed the aging process in human cells in the lab. And one human being has undergone telomerase therapy and it's reported that the therapy elongated her telomeres, which are reportedly relevant to the aging process.

And no, I'm not being silly, and I admit that I don't know for 100% sure that they will reverse the aging process for humans (ever) but based on where the relevant science is at, I'm willing to wager up to $500 that a cure for the aging process will be on the planet within 4 years. Initially, I said 5 years but I said that back in May or June of last year and that's about a year ago so I'm now saying we're about 4 years from such a treatment being created.

And the email I recently received did not involve a major breakthrough in the science. It looks like the email involves a breakthrough towards delivering these treatments to people who want them.

Last edited:

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do we know that a cure to aging would stop dht from attacking hair follicles? given that young, otherwise healthy people experience aggressive pattern baldness