I Prevail. The End Of A Long Agonizing Road.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Atleast we agree that Finasteride isn't as effective as they claim it to be.

As for Dutasteride, it's still possible to obtain Dutasteride as many people even celebrities have acquired it even in the US. Also the Grey Market has been in existence for ages and online pharmacies used to make it very easy to obtain often without a prescription.
Yes but it's impossible to get prescription pills through customs at least in my country they recently sent away my pills of dutasteride back to the UK where I order my stuff from they even stop supplements. In some countries customs is very strict. And they would never prescribe me dutasteride here in Sweden for hairloss.

Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride was only released in the 90's, alot of older guys started losing before they could do anything about it. I don't know if that is the story with merck ceo but its possible.

I'm not referring to the older guys, I'm referring to the guys under 50, with Finasteride being used for almost 30 years, there should definitely be a significant amount of people not losing hair, when in fact we have far more people losing their hair now than compared to older generations seem to have only started Balding a lot later on average.

Nowadays, there's more youngsters losing hair much earlier, and with so many more treatments available like Finasteride and Dutasteride, they are still not making any substantial difference in the amount of youth losing hair as well as an influx of them on hairloss forum and websites.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not referring to the older guys, I'm referring to the guys under 50, with Finasteride being used for almost 30 years, there should definitely be a significant amount of people not losing hair, when in fact we have far more people losing their hair now than compared to older generations seem to have only started Balding a lot later on average.
Objection: handwaving!
Nowadays, there's more youngsters losing hair much earlier, and with so many more treatments available like Finasteride and Dutasteride, they are still not making any substantial difference in the amount of youth losing hair as well as an influx of them on hairloss forum and websites.
Most don't take it and yet again you're not presenting objective facts.
Also look at hairloss forums and reddit to see how many men that KNOWS about the available treatments but still don't want to commit to something simple as Minoxidil. They want something magical that doesn't require any effort and have no possible side effects.
Most men don't care enough to even look into treating their hairloss.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

I Know a guy in real life that is as old as me and completely bald he knew about the treatments but never used them he said it wasn't worth it and he didn't care. what im trying to say is that it's only a dozen of people on these treatments a few million only around the world that's nothing.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Objection: handwaving!

Most don't take it and yet again you're not presenting objective facts.
Also look at hairloss forums and reddit to see how many men that KNOWS about the available treatments but still don't want to commit to something simple as Minoxidil. They want something magical that doesn't require any effort and have no possible side effects.
Most men don't care enough to even look into treating their hairloss.

In the US alone there were just under 10 million prescriptions for Finasteride for 2019. Now take into consideration that it would only be used mainly by men and furthermore, men usually between the ages of approximately 20 to below 65 (most often), which is approximately 100 million men in the US according to statista.com

Then we know that only approximately 50 - 60% of men experience hairloss, that leaves us with approximately 50 - 60 million men in the US who are experiencing hairloss between that age group.

When you consider this, it does make up a significant percentage of the male population in the country that are using Finasteride, and it definitely is NOT only a few dozen in a million, that's completely far off.

So as I said, if Finasteride was even remotely as effective as they claim, there would be a significant % of men between 20 to 65 years old with good heads of hair which are not progressively getting worse, which is obviously not the case.

Sure I know some people don't use hair treatments, it's usually the older men who don't know any better, but for the younger generation below 60 years old that are also fairly well versed with the internet, they know very well that there are treatments for Hairloss.

Thinking people don't know they are hairloss treatments is naive, because people when they have the flu literally Google their symptoms and check for remedies. Do you seriously think they wouldn't do the same for a far more important physical feature which makes up a big part of their physical appearance? Of course not. People who lose hair also address it with at the bare minimum a doctor consult, if not a dermatologist at some point in their life who would tell them what their treatment options are.

It's more often that people who don't use treatments have once tried a hairloss treatment like Finasteride and found it to be ineffective and/or cuases sides and stop us, after which point they say things like "it's not worth the effort".

Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I Know a guy in real life that is as old as me and completely bald he knew about the treatments but never used them he said it wasn't worth it and he didn't care. what im trying to say is that it's only a dozen of people on these treatments a few million only around the world that's nothing.

And I know multiple guys in real life who have all heard and seen easily on the internet that there are hairloss treatments. We are not living in the stone age where this information is hard to find. Even if someone is not technologically savvy, they will often still hear information on how to treat hairloss by word of mouth at some point either from word of mouth by other humans they interact with, or via advertising which happens all the time, from the newspaper, magazines, television, the internet, shops, etc.

It is highly highly rare for someone not to have heard there's any treatment for Hairloss.

And as I said above, it's definitely not just a few dozen in a million, that's completely far off.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
And I know multiple guys in real life who have all heard and seen easily on the internet that there are hairloss treatments. We are not living in the stone age where this information is hard to find. Even if someone is not technologically savvy, they will often still hear information on how to treat hairloss by word of mouth at some point either from word of mouth by other humans they interact with, or via advertising which happens all the time, from the newspaper, magazines, television, the internet, shops, etc.

It is highly highly rare for someone not to have heard there's any treatment for Hairloss.

And as I said above, it's definitely not just a few dozen in a million, that's completely far off.we'll

And as I said above, it's definitely not just a few dozen in a million, that's completely far off.
In The the 2000 only 10 million across the world use finasteride. now probably more but bro instead of complaining take action. I'm at a bar right now drunk af but ye even oral dutasteride isn't good enough that's why Im on oral minoxidill also. And topical spironolactone only 3 times a week. Bro we are all fighting this curse my friend. we need to find a solution. Only having only maintenance even on oral dutasteride and topical but I'm hoping oral minoxidil will give me even more thickening and possibly regrowth as I have read about guys getting regrowth .

Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In The the 2000 only 10 million across the world use finasteride. now probably more but bro instead of complaining take action. I'm at a bar right now drunk af but ye even oral dutasteride isn't good enough that's why Im on oral minoxidill also. And topical spironolactone only 3 times a week. Bro we are all fighting this curse my friend. we need to find a solution. Only having only maintenance even on oral dutasteride and topical but I'm hoping oral minoxidil will give me even more thickening and possibly regrowth as I have read about guys getting regrowth .

The year 2000 was 21 years ago, not sure why you're comparing to that year. Also, I am taking action, I've started a hair loss natural treatment regimen, which I plan on adding Microneedling next hair + a few more healthy natural alternative treatments.

Anyway, we are all on the same team fighting this curse. I wish you good luck with your hair treatment regimen.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
The year 2000 was 21 years ago, not sure why you're comparing to that year. Also, I am taking action, I've started a hair loss natural treatment regimen, which I plan on adding Microneedling next hair + a few more healthy natural alternative treatments.

Anyway, we are all on the same team fighting this curse. I wish you good luck with your hair treatment regimen.
Ye bro I added topical peppermint oil and rosemary oil and taking 10,000mcg biotin after using this I'm losing 2 or 3 hairs in shower lol. Maybe coincidence but ye doesn't hurt.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ye bro I added topical peppermint oil and rosemary oil and taking 10,000mcg biotin after using this I'm losing 2 or 3 hairs in shower lol. Maybe coincidence but ye doesn't hurt.

Good stuff bro. There's other natural stuff that help to inhibit 5AR but are safer, like GLA, DHA, Saw Palmetto. You also want to make sure you have a Vitamin B Complex, as Vitamin B6 and B12 are crucial. Vitamin A is very important.

Vitamin D3 atleast 10 000 IU's is recommended with Vitamin K2 which helps Vitamin D3 absorb.

Vitamin E also important, there's also many important trace minerals of importance.

Reducing DHT is only 1/5th of the battle, creating blood flow to the scalp by using either topical caffeine based Shampoo and topical like Alpecin Caffeine Liquid Topical is as good as Minoxidil without the side effects.

Making sure the new hairs that are growing have all the best vitamin and minerals like I listed above is important to ensure they grow back stronger.

Diet is super important, cut out all sugars from food, snacks and drinks - stick to drinking water instead of any drink, cut out dairy, gluten and foods made from flour and wheat. You will notice a difference.

Then lastly, Microneedling and scalp massages and working out regularly and you will improve your hair.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good stuff bro. There's other natural stuff that help to inhibit 5AR but are safer, like GLA, DHA, Saw Palmetto. You also want to make sure you have a Vitamin B Complex, as Vitamin B6 and B12 are crucial. Vitamin A is very important.

Vitamin D3 atleast 10 000 IU's is recommended with Vitamin K2 which helps Vitamin D3 absorb.

Vitamin E also important, there's also many important trace minerals of importance.

Reducing DHT is only 1/5th of the battle, creating blood flow to the scalp by using either topical caffeine based Shampoo and topical like Alpecin Caffeine Liquid Topical is as good as Minoxidil without the side effects.

Making sure the new hairs that are growing have all the best vitamin and minerals like I listed above is important to ensure they grow back stronger.

Diet is super important, cut out all sugars from food, snacks and drinks, cut out dairy, gluten and foods made from flour and wheat. You will notice a difference.

Then lastly, Microneedling and scalp massages and working out regularly and you will improve your hair.
not to forget, I started drinking liters of water everyday now. I have a 1,5L bottle next to me and take a sip often. that surely helped with the shedding I believe, it was when I took the high dose biotin and drank lots of water more than I ever did, and used my essential oils on scalp x2 or x3 a week that made all the difference.

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Diet is super important, cut out all sugars from food, snacks and drinks, cut out dairy, gluten and foods made from flour and wheat. You will notice a difference.

What are your main sources for carbohydrates in your diet?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update 2024 :)

Attachments

• 20240223_123825.jpg
    20240223_123825.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 20240223_123809.jpg
    20240223_123809.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 55