I Never Thougt I'd Post Sth Like This Haha

frankwhite

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's true. Balding happens if you have the genetics for it. When I was a kid I figured I wouldn't go bald because my dad and my paternal grandfather were both NW1. Thing is, my dad had a brother with diffuse loss, and my maternal side has a NW4 grandfather, along with NW2 and NW5 uncles.

On the other hand, I know two 30 something guys with full, teenage heads of hair and NW7 fathers. The baldness gene can come from anywhere.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's true. Balding happens if you have the genetics for it. When I was a kid I figured I wouldn't go bald because my dad and my paternal grandfather were both NW1. Thing is, my dad had a brother with diffuse loss, and my maternal side has a NW4 grandfather, along with NW2 and NW5 uncles.

On the other hand, I know two 30 something guys with full, teenage heads of hair and NW7 fathers. The baldness gene can come from anywhere.

Unfortunately it's DOMINANT.

But it does seem to be a mixture. If a person has a mix of dominant/recessive
hair DHT genes, they don't seem to lose hair as fast.

But there are people here who even show hairloss as young as 15.

In theory, anytime a man goes through puberty, he can have hair loss.

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm half middle eastern and your hair is very similar to mine ten years ago. Almost uncanny, actually. If those red circles had hair growing on them before, you are probably receding.

Do you have any male relatives with hair loss? Not just your dad and brothers, but uncles or grandfathers too. Even cousins. If so, you should hop on finasteride immediately and continue using minoxidil. Biotin, saw palmetto, tumeric and so on will do nothing.

I wish I would have gotten on finasteride sooner. Good luck.

my Dad kinda has a NW2 but thats normal i guess for a 45Year old , my Grandfathers and Uncles are balding /bald too .

My Dermatologist said Biotin helps to get Healthy Hair , even tho it doesnt Help against Recessions, i should still Use it, or is it gonna make things Worse?

And last question, what did Finasteride do on U? Did it grow hair on BALD spots, literally NOTHING on or did it Thickened ur thin/short haired spots like I want it to Work on me

thanks for ur advise^^

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Where does this Theory come from, or 'Knowledge'? that im gonna Lose everything in the red Circles , theres still thin hair on them that needs to be thickened, and Why Staggering the Dose? Is that going to Impact the Results and Side-effects? And im not Balding , my Dad has a Nw2 and hes a Heavy Drinker and god knows what else he does. Im just Undergoing a Reccesion on my Hairline which is part of Maturing , WHICH can be stopped, cant it?
I appreciate ur Advise and knowledge regardless. im just asking Questions :) not trying to act smarter cuz im not

Good for your dad. Unfortunately, you're not genetically identical to your father, so that means dick when it comes to balding, which you are. The genes are there and you have them. You have male pattern baldness, not a "mature hairline". Go to a dermatologist and get a diagnosis if you are in denial. Every hair that's affected by dht in your pattern will fall out, miniaturize, then come back smaller, just like the ones on your hairline. Without treatment, those will be long gone soon. You'll probably be Norwood 3 within two years. Read about the endocrine system and how finesteride affects it. I chose to stagger my dosage at first to give my body time to slowly adjust to the hormonal change.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No worries, I don't think you're being sarcastic :) It's just that I'm mindful of the side effects of Propecia, coming from a previous user myself.

There are other ways to inhibit DHT, other than Propecia. There are some other products highlighted in Hairlosstalk which could work better, without the side effects.

Which ways, saw palmetto ? What would work better without side effects? Biotin and Vitamins complex? Dont overspread bullshit.... Newbies.

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good for your dad. Unfortunately, you're not genetically identical to your father, so that means dick when it comes to balding, which you are. The genes are there and you have them. You have male pattern baldness, not a "mature hairline". Go to a dermatologist and get a diagnosis if you are in denial. Every hair that's affected by dht in your pattern will fall out, miniaturize, then come back smaller, just like the ones on your hairline. Without treatment, those will be long gone soon. You'll probably be Norwood 3 within two years. Read about the endocrine system and how finesteride affects it. I chose to stagger my dosage at first to give my body time to slowly adjust to the hormonal change.
I dont disagree about the Receding Hairline part , but why wouldnt the thin Hair on my Hairline (red circles) grow thick after using Finasterid?
What is Finasterid going to do to my hair that minoxidil cant ?

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
someones angry :/

If you want people talking bullshit no problem :) For sure it will work "this" way...

Its not about being angry.

Its the same sh*t, if i would tell you that WTC didnt happend on 9/11

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you want people talking bullshit no problem :) For sure it will work "this" way...

Its not about being angry.

Its the same sh*t, if i would tell you that WTC didnt happend on 9/11
Bad Comparison , u were being pretty rude, I dont take every Advise I find im just gonna do my Researc
You can DEFINITELY grow your hair back. You are doing it at the right time.

Just ADD Finasteride (one milligram, don't go over that). Use foam twice daily (5%).

You'll be seeing your hair regrow in no time! You'll probably make a FULL recovery to. Your hair
isn't that far gone.

Don't wait.
Whats ur Opinion on BlueMoon1212's Posts regarding my Hair? Would like to hear ur thougths

frankwhite

My Regimen
Reaction score
my Dad kinda has a NW2 but thats normal i guess for a 45Year old , my Grandfathers and Uncles are balding /bald too .

My Dermatologist said Biotin helps to get Healthy Hair , even tho it doesnt Help against Recessions, i should still Use it, or is it gonna make things Worse?

And last question, what did Finasteride do on U? Did it grow hair on BALD spots, literally NOTHING on or did it Thickened ur thin/short haired spots like I want it to Work on me

thanks for ur advise^^

If your grandfathers/uncles are balding, then you probably have the baldness gene. I would suggest starting finasteride immediately; otherwise you wait until what? You are NW3? finasteride may not even regrow anything - no point in waiting in my opinion.

They say biotin promotes healthy hair but it will do nothing for balding. Sure, go ahead and use it but don't expect it to regrow anything.

For me, finasteride maintained what I had, but bear in mind that I was around 26-27 when I got on finasteride. I didn't get any regrowth. Those little hairs at your hairline are dying hairs that are being miniaturized by dht. finasteride and/or min may bring them back as thick terminal hairs, may maintain them, or may just make them miniaturize at a slower rate. It's impossible to predict, as everyone responds differently to the medications. However, since you're still young you have a decent shot at regrowth.

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This poster Bryan Lee is a fake. I predict he's a troll. Somebody spotted it earlier when drawing attention to the name Lee not being a common middle eastern name.

He has taken fun in disliking posts to wind users up , me being one.

Bryan Lee stop wasting people's time and find a hobby.

Oh, and it's spelt advice not advise.
Ur weird...lol

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
It goes even lower then 15 , Hairloss and shitty Hairlines Show at very young ages depending on how bad it is but ive seen a kid whos about 11 and he had sth that looked like a nw2, even tho its

You mean keep using Minoxidil, Add Finasteride and in a couple of Years get a Hair transplant? Im not sure about the Staggering of Dosages since no1 advises that but i will tell my Dermatologist and ask him about it .
regarding the hair transplant I will have to wait the results of Finasteride and look if its really neccesary but thx for ur advise

Found within five second of researching scholarly articles- "In addition, the author also feels that in patients who are apprehensive about the side effects, it is worthwhile considering administration of lower daily doses or staggered pulse doses of the drug, to enhance patient compliance. As discussed earlier, there is sound rationale for such regimens. Plasma half life of finasteride is 6-8 hours and tissue binding is 4-5 days.[5] Doses of 0.2 mg are adequate to suppress both scalp skin and serum DHT levels. While 0.2 mg caused 55% DHT suppression, 5 mg per day achieved 69% DHT suppression. Efficacy has been demonstrated for all end points for finasteride at doses of 0.2 mg/day or higher, with 1 and 5 mg demonstrating similar efficacy that was superior to lower doses.[8,9,19] The drug may be therefore initially administered at 0.5 mg daily or one tablet alternate days, to gain confidence of the patient and the 1 mg/day dosage may be restored once patient is comfortable about the drug. The value of such a regimen was shown in a preliminary study.[20] However, further large, long term studies are needed to establish the value of such regimens".

I dont disagree about the Receding Hairline part , but why wouldnt the thin Hair on my Hairline (red circles) grow thick after using Finasterid?
What is Finasterid going to do to my hair that minoxidil cant ?

Because the hair is already damaged by DHT. If finasteride could resuscitate dying hair, everyone would have a full head. In rare cases, minoxidil and finasteride/dutasteride will bring vellus/intermediate follicles back to terminal, but I would never count on it. The best you can hope for is maintenance, and even that is a stretch sometimes. You appear to have a sugar-coated idea of what you're afflicted with. A receding hairline with VERY apparent miniaturization at your age IS the beginning of male pattern baldness and it will continue until you lose everything in your particular pattern, which is probably not a good one, given your age. You've already lost your temple points and are progressing towards Norwood 2. You will most likely be bald by 30 and suffer during your 20s if you don't start treatment. The best advise I can give is to do research and educate yourself as much as you can about this sh*t on your own. These websites are filled with misinformation and scaremongering. Only trust results when you see pictures, otherwise it's a crap shoot. If you want to keep your hair, start now and pray that you respond well.

B

Bernard Yong

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps you'd like to check out this page in this very website we're posting on - https://www.hairlosstalk.com/treatments/.

And to quote from this article ' DHT inhibitors are found in products like Propecia, and Revivogen'.

If this article and its advice is bullshit, then perhaps we should ask the web admin to remove it

" There are some other products highlighted in Hairlosstalk which could work better, without the side effects. "

Dont turn your bs to another direction. I mentioned this " There are some other products highlighted in Hairlosstalk which could work better, without the side effects. "

And i asked you If its Saw palmetto or vitamins complex. You just mistunderstood me i think, but whatever, ill ask you again. What is working Better than Propecia - WITHOUT Side Effects. ?

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Should this Thread get Closed ?

There seems to be 0 Response or activity on here.
I guess i got all the Information i need?
Thanks to everyone regardless

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Listen to me. I'll tell you exactly what to do. Get on finasteride asap, but stagger the doses. The first week only take half a pill every third day. The next week take half a pill every other day. The following week take half a pill every day. After that, replace one of the half pills with a whole pill every week until you're taking the full dose. This will give your body plenty of time to acclimate to the hormonal change. You'll likely never regain what's in the red area, but, if you don't get on finasteride, you WILL lose the remainder in your particular pattern. And, rest assured, you are balding. Once it stabilizes, you can easily fill in the red areas and fill back in those temple points with a minor hair transplant. (I recommend Rahal) I know more about this sh*t than anyone posting on this thread. If you have any questions, just PM me. Good luck, brother.
Does it btw. matter what type of Finasteride i take?
1% or 5%?
Propecia or Finpecia ?

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Does it btw. matter what type of Finasteride i take?
1% or 5%?
Propecia or Finpecia ?
The pill concentration is measured in mg, not percentage. The name brand doesn't matter. You can get it dirt cheap from alldaychemist. Just make sure the dosage is the same, 1 mg I think. Too lazy to look it up.

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No side-effects so far frankly i wouldn't care anyway, I will keep Using minoxidil+5mg Finasterid , at this Point im just asking for ur guys Feedback rather than advice thanks for everyone who Responded in this Thread (those who gave Helpful advise)

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would U say its Regrowing?

Yes, it's DEFINITELY regrowing the TEMPLE HAIR. No question.

The reason you know this is because if it didn't, there would be SHORTER hairs there. And by shorter,
I mean a couple centimeters.

Not only that, it's not very diffuse. Balding hair doesn't grow that long, (from androgen alopecia).

If it keeps growing longer, that's a sign it's working. Very soon you will see it fill even more denser.

Keep track of the distance it is from your eye brow. That's a good way to track it.